Infinite Realms: Porcelain He...

By Once_Upon_A_Glade

[Completed - Second book of the Infinite Realms series] At Least I Have You - First Book Of The Infinite Rea... More

Part I: Chapter 1 - If I Died, We'd Be Together
Chapter 2 - Hazy and Spun Out
Chapter 3 - Waking Up In Different Spaces
Chapter 4 - I'm Out Here On The Other Side
Chapter 5 - Mayday, Situation Overload
Chapter 6 - Ditch the Predictability
Chapter 7 - Tell Me What We're Fighting For
Chapter 8 - Before We Started, It Was Over
Chapter 9 - Porcelain Hearts
Chapter 10 - Twilight Moments With You
Part II: Chapter 12 - Cross Fire That You Can't Ignore
Chapter 13 - Bullet Through a Flock of Doves
Chapter 14 - Is This Taboo?
Chapter 15 - Give Me a Reason to Believe
Chapter 16 - Runaway Scars
Chapter 17 - Another Lost Soul Like Me
Chapter 18 - We Are So Far From You
Chapter 19 - Eyes Vacant and Stained
Chapter 20 - Sick Little Games
Chapter 21 - Classic Case of Foolish, Young, and In Love
Chapter 22 - This Is Not the Last of Us
Part III: Chapter 23 - This Was No Accident...
Chapter 24 - The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You
Chapter 25 - After The End
Chapter 26 - The Final Deal
Chapter 27 - At Least I Have You
Extra Chapters: Catherine
Author's Note I: Other Books

Chapter 11 - Destined for Danger

1.2K 60 7
By Once_Upon_A_Glade

Previously:
- John is staying at the same motel as Thomas, Angela, Newt, and Catherine
- But neither of them know about it
- Thomas and Angela had a moment that could imply that there's some romance
- Although if it's mutual or one-sided, it's pretty unclear
- When Thomas and Angela were going back to their rooms, they saw Newt tossing and writhing on the ground
- The price of knowledge is madness and madness could lead to death

Chapter 11 - Destined for Danger

10:38 pm

Angela and Thomas rushed inside Thomas's room and into Newt's writhing body. Neither knew what to do. Neither knew what was happening. They tried to wake him up to no avail.

There were two people who's within distance who's seen this. They're Catherine and John. John was asleep just on the other room. He was deathly tired of all the traveling he's done and was completely deaf to the commotion happening next door. But Catherine heard the fall from the other room and woke up.

There were two people who seen this, but only one knew how to deal with it. Catherine saw the note but didn't bother to read it. She opened the door and saw Thomas's door slightly open. The thud came from his room. She went to it and saw Newt on the floor. Both Thomas and Angela had no idea what to do.

Catherine pushed the two of them away from Newt and held him in her arms.

"Angela, my phone." Angela left the room to get her phone.

Catherine has seen this so many times with (Y/N). The times that (Y/N) would be suffering with nightmares. Before she was just like Thomas and Angela, completely helpless because they didn't know what to do. At first, she would watch her best friend as she'd toss and writhe. She'd try to comfort her and fail to do so.

But she learned from her mistakes. In a matter of time, she knew what to do. Basically, what (Y/N) was suffering from were nightmares. The same with Newt. But their nightmares are different and now she understood why.

She held Newt in her arms and held him tightly. She did the same with (Y/N). Showing that they're not alone and that there's someone holding them in their arms. Someone comforting them.

She remembered the story that (Y/N) told her the first time she got it right. The first time she was able to comfort (Y/N).

"I suffered from nightmares when I was in the Glade, but there was someone there to comfort me," she said as she curled up in Catherine's arms. "He held me tightly to show me that he's there, so what you did was right."

"So just holding you works?"

"Yeah. But he also suffered from nightmares."

"What did you do?"

"I sang him a song. My favorite song."

Catherine put the pieces together when she saw Newt suffering from what (Y/N) used to go through. When Angela gave her her phone, she played the song in her phone. She held the poor boy in her arms while the song played. She felt him lose the tension in his body in her arms.

While she waited for the boy to completely calm down, she started to wonder about (Y/N). It was her second night in the Rosewood Institute. Was there someone there holding her when she had her nightmares?

But then she remembered that the drugs helped (Y/N). They'd put her in a deep sleep. So she was fine out there, hopefully.

When Newt has completely calmed down, Thomas and Angela brought him back on his bed. Although when Angela held his legs, she suddenly backed away and let go of him like he was fire.

A vision played in her mind.

John, I'm not sure if we should do this.

Sheryl, it'll be fine. We'll have a new life and our baby won't be taken by W.I.C.K.E.D.

Alright. I trust you.

I'll get the other family and we'll meet each other here. I love you.

I love you too. John bent down to kiss the baby's head. I love you too Andrea. Daddy will come back.

"What's wrong?" Thomas asked, bringing her back to reality.

"Nothing," she waved it off.

She didn't know what that was. What just happened. Her head was pounding again but she didn't mention it. There were too many weird things happening already.

She tried once again to hold his legs, "it's just...nothing."

Thomas and Catherine didn't know what to say. They just wanted to get Newt on the bed and so they did.

"What happened to Newt?" Thomas asked Catherine.

"Nightmares. (Y/N) went through the same thing. Don't worry, he'll be fine."

"He won't have another nightmare again?"

"It doesn't happen twice with (Y/N)."

"But could you stay here in case it happens again?" Catherine gave Thomas a look and he realized what he was saying. "Right. I'll just call you if it does."

"Yeah. People talk Thomas." She slid to the other room, Angela walking behind her.

"Yeah," Thomas said as he looked at Newt.

He was about to ask Angela what happened earlier but the door in front of him was closed and locked. Guess he'll just ask her tomorrow.

-

James was in The Maze Runner realm, working on the fifth book in the series, The Fever Code. He was writing down the night when Newt and Thomas tried to visit Newt's little sister, Lizzy. While he was writing, he begun to wonder what was happening to the real Newt in the Realm of Stories. If he and (Y/N) have already reunited.

As he told (Y/N), if you are in the Realm of Stories, you now make your own destiny. Of course, James was just meant to record what was happening, but the Authors are given some leeway to change what they want to change, as long as it doesn't alter the course of the story. There's been too many alterations in this story, but they weren't made by James but the characters themselves.

The scene right in front of James stopped. He wondered what was wrong. Thomas was watching while Newt was in an embrace with his little sister. Neither moved or talked.

What's going on?

"James," he turned his head and saw her. Edith.

Edith was one of the High Authors because she's one of the first Authors since the beginning of time. She's a thousand years old now but she looks like she's in her late thirties. That was one of the perks of the Authors, if you were chosen and accepted the job, not only do you have access to infinite realms, but when you die only other Authors can talk to you. You can also choose whatever appearance you want for the other Authors to see.

Let's just say that she's a spiritual being that gives guidance to other Authors.

"Miss Edith. What do I owe the pleasure?"

"I've come to warn you James."

"About what?"

"I heard that some of your characters are running wild in the Realm of Stories. You know that we can't have anyone know about our organization."

"No one will believe them anyway."

"James, you know it's now about if they believe them or not. You know how fragile a person's mind is. You know what will happen."

Of course, he knew. Anyone who was chosen to be an Author, they were made to drink a liquid that will let them retain as much knowledge about the infinite realms that they want without losing their minds. But the process was painful.

"They're in the Realm of Stories. It's out of my hands now. I'm just correcting all my wrongs."

"You have two characters who remember everything including their deaths! It's not out of your hands. You can't let the poor things die." James didn't reply and that's when Edith realized what his plan was. She looked at the man in horror. "How dare you? How can you call it fixing mistakes?"

"They won't die."

"James..."

"They won't die! I've seen it happen before."

"It doesn't do well to rely on dreams."

James scoffed. "Look around you! Look at who you are and who I am! We're Authors. We go to different realms! Realms that someone else has thought of and created. Then we, the Authors, go there to write about them. The reason why we're here is because of dreams! So let me dream that they won't die. Let me think of the possibility that they'll live. They deserve to be happy. If it wasn't for that stupid John, this wouldn't have happened."

"If John is the one to blame, if he's the obstacle, why did you tell him their plans?"

"To show him that (Y/N) and Newt will live and that she doesn't need him anymore."

"You want to destroy him. Taking care of (Y/N) has been his job for years." She saw that James had an evil streak. Well, every Author does have one. "But what about his daughter?"

James turned around. "What daughter?"

"You don't know?"

"I know he had a family, but they're gone now."

"Not his daughter. She's also in danger."

"Who is she?"

"The girl who calls herself Angela."

Hearing this, James left The Maze Runner realm. He tried to call Angela but he saw that it was two in the morning. She must be asleep. The only other thing he could do is to go to her.

He went to his car and left. Now he understood and he cursed himself for not seeing the signs earlier. Her head kept on hurting while he explained the infinite realms. Looks like there's another person who didn't belong in this realm.

End of Part I

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 223 98
"I know it's hard to believe, but I never wanted this. I didn't mean to go this far. I only wanted the pain to stop." After waking up in the Maze, Y...
27.4K 473 26
"I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just so afraid we're never going to come back from this." In this last and final chapter of their story, Rosa...
54.6K 1.2K 19
[Book 2 in my Newt x Reader Series: The One] ~ ~ ~ ~ {Completed!} Now that they've escaped the horrid maze, they get comfy in their newfound safety...
47.9K 1.2K 25
She is part of the second Maze or better known as group 'B'. And WICKED has ruined her life. After she got out of the maze, she thinks it's finally o...