Annalise

By colonnicole

People change for two reasons only: ~Their minds have open or their hearts have been broken~ Her name is Ann... More

Copyrights
Cast
You're Forewarned
Chapter 1: The Imperishables
Chapter 2: Sexy Looking Guy
Chapter 3: Party
Chapter 4: Showdown
Chapter 5: You Got Drugged
Chapter 6: Whatever Is Best
Chapter 7: Familiar
Chapter 8: The Bloody Cake
Chapter 9: Day Of The Dead
Chapter 11: Truth Or Dare
Chapter 12: Lost Turf
Chapter 13: Stay In Your Lane
Chapter 14: Gang Member
Chapter 15: I've Seen You Before
Chapter 16: Shots
Chapter 17: Let Me Go
Chapter 18: I'll Tell You Later
Chapter 19: Forced First Kiss
Chapter 20: Shaken Up
Chapter 21: Suicide
Chapter 22: How The Great Have Fallen
Chapter 23: Recruitment
Chapter 24: Fighting Words
Chapter 25: Tamara
Chapter 26: The 'Deal'
Bonus Chapter: Ricky, Noah, and Asher?
Chapter 27: Secrets
Chapter 28: The Run Around
Chapter 29: In or Your Out
Ricky, Noah, and Asher: Part 2
Chapter 30: Chaos (Pt.1)
Chapter 30: Chaos Truly Begins (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Chaos & Ricky (Pt.3)
Chapter 31: You're Not My Twin
Chapter 32: The Unfolding Of A Midnight Tragedy
Chapter 33: Darkness
Chapter 34: A Dinner To Remember

Chapter 10: You'll Regret It

102 14 11
By colonnicole

I brushed out my brunette curls, making them into big bumpy waves. Looking into the mirror, I bounced my waves upwards to give my hair volume, but it made it a tiny bit frizzer.

I have such good luck.

I opened the cabinet, where the mirror connected to, and searched the shelves to find my toothpaste. It wasn't in sight. I stood up on my tip toes to peer over the top shelf, but I couldn't examine what was there. I couldn't see.

Going flat on my feet again, I skimmed my fingers along the smooth, also dusty, surface. My fingers laid upon a cold item, which probably was made from mental. I tilted my head to get a good view of the object I was slowly pushing towards me. A silver color met my eyes as the object revealed itself.

I went on my tip toes again and it gave me the leverage I needed to be able to snatch the silver thing. The second I grasped the cold mental object, my right feet released a instant sharp pain, causing me to suddenly and unexpectedly land back on my feet, letting go of the item.

Still having my eyes focused on the silver, now falling object, I realized it was scissors. My eyes bulged out, the scissors were quickly falling down to my face. I instantly stumbled back and lost my balance, making my hands brush up against the floor as I stopped my body from completely toppling over.

The impact of the scissors crashing with my sink resonated throughout my bathroom, making my heart skip at the booming sound.

Wow, Annalise, only 7:45 and you're causing accidents already? My deep inner self displeasingly grunted.

"Annalise? Sweetie? Everything ok in there?" My dad's voice floated to my ears, it was far away, considering he had to yell through my bedroom door since my bathroom is connected to my room.

"Yeah! I've just dropped something!" I responded back.

"Oh, alright. Don't be late for school! You're mother won't like it if you come to her class late!" He warned.

"I know! Thanks!" I shouted.

"Can you all stop the yelling?" Asher barked from downstairs, his aggravation displaying.

"Sorry!" I loudly whispered, but then I realized he wouldn't hear it.

I shook my head and retreated back to my feet. Looking into the sink, I spotted open hair-cutting scissors. I picked it out and placed it on the counter.

I'll put that away later.

Examining my area, the memories rushed back to me. I placed my toothpaste in the cup with my toothbrush!

***

"I feel glorious, glorious," I sang to myself.

"Annalise, as much I love your singing, please be quiet. This may be more important news about Jemstone," Alice whispered into my ear.

My elective was 5 minutes in when Mrs. Fluent came rushing into class, late.

"Sorry for my tardiness," she huffed, out of breath.

"No problem," Alice sweetly said.

Mrs. Fluent gave her a smile before attempting to say what she mentioned moments ago, when she was struggling from her lack of oxygen, which made her speech uninterpretable.

"I said this period will be a free one. I cannot stay here because I've been called to sub for Kareston high," she informed us.

"What! You can't leave us! You're our teacher for this period, not theirs!" A voice called out, expressing the thoughts of us all.

"I know and I'm sorry, Hannah. This period is Bellton time, but I know you guys are all good on everything I taught you, but Kareston high is not," she said, no room for coaxing her into staying.

"Well, if they need the extra help then you certainly should go help them. It would be unfair if you stood here when we know everything already," I told her, thankful that she isn't favoring one school over the other.

"Thanks for the understanding," she appreciatively stated. "You've been doing phenomenal," she beamed at me, rushing off.

"Ugh, still no news about Jemstone. This sucks," Alice whined, her annoyance seeping out.

"I'm sure we'll be getting new info soon," I hopefully voiced.

"Are you trying to convince me of that or yourself?" She questioned. 

"Both of us..." I mumbled, picking up my bag and slipping it on.

"You sure?" She queried.

"Yes, Alice," I laughed.

She picked up her cream colored side bag, slinging it over her shoulder. As she did, I began to look around the room, only to realize that almost everyone scattered.

Alice frowned, repeatedly tapping her index finger on her thigh. "Where should we go?" She wondered, trying to gain an idea of where we should end up.

I didn't respond as my eyes captured the sight of a girl with light brown wavy hair. I took steps towards her without a second thought.

"Hey, Hannah," I started, and her hazel eyes that reflected green shot up to me. "Do you want to hang for the period with me and Alice?"

Her eyes went down to her iPhone x, switching it to lock screen. She looked up and grinned, "sounds good."

She got up from the seat she was in and joined me and Alice.

"Know any good places to hang during free periods?" Alice asked her, considering I haven't got any input.

"I know tons of places. Follow me," she says, going out of the room.

She escorted us down some stairs and into the first floor hallway, which didn't make any sense because there's only classrooms here.

"Uh, Hannah?" I said.

"Yeah," she replied, sneakily peeking in the classrooms.

"Why are we here? This hall doesn't lead anywhere," I voiced out.

"It does," she whispered, motioning with her hand for me and Alice to pick up our pace.

We hurried to where she stood as me and Alice both shared confused looks. We were in front of a empty classroom door, the light inside wasn't on. There was no students or teachers occupying the area.

"You'll see," she said, noticing our looks as she twisted the handle of the door.

"Are we suppose to be doing this?" I asked, my heart started to beat faster.

"Probably not," Alice smiled, pushing me in before I could back out.

"You're right, Alice," Hannah finally answered.

"Ok, maybe we should just go back to the room and stay-" I rambled on.

"This way," Hannah interjected.

I examined the brown door she was at, it was by a tall wooden book shelf. The door was easily out of view to anyone peeping into the classroom.

"Cool. Never knew this school had secret rooms," Alice excitedly expressed.

She raced over to Hannah who was cracking the door open. I gulped and started to rub my left arm.

"Oh no. Come on, Annalise," Alice says, her excitement deflating at my nervousness.

"Don't worry. I've did this many times and never got caught," Hannah slipped in, trying to comfort me.

Maybe this time you will get caught, and I'll be with you, I mentally said.

Alice's eyes instantly jumped to Hannah's face. She narrowed her green eyes at her before taking a deep breath in.

"Let's explore the secret room, and if you want to leave after, we'll leave," Alice sincerely said.

"Ok," I responded, still on edge of getting into trouble.

Hannah opened the door and it creaked loudly. The noise made my nerves spike up as I took a shallow breath in.

"Come on, don't be shy," Hannah slightly laughed.

Me and Alice slowly approached the door and took a step inside the room.

The room of no return, my deep inner voice chuckled, and not in a good way.

The lighting was dimmed and not of the best quality. Observing the inside I realized this was a huge storage room. Many boxes were stacked on top of each other, and lots of school paper were stacked up as well.

"Why isn't he here?" I heard a voice from deep inside the room say.

"He went out of town for his transcript," a voice casually said.

"Tell me something, Alessandro, do I look like a fottuto idiota?" The voice was not amused.

"Noah I-" the guy started.

Noah?

"Tell that fool that I don't care what he did to that-" Noah interjected, but then gets cut off.

"Noah!?" Hannah shouts, shock rising up her face.

The chatter ceased all at once, and footsteps followed our way. Noah appeared to me, and trailing behind him was the guy I saw at his house. The one with the 'Morte' shirt, and dirty blond hair with light brown eyes.

Alessandro. Alessandro. Alessandro. I creepily repeated his name.

"Didn't I tell you not to..." he dragged on, flickering his eyes between me and Alice.

His jaw clenched tightly before going on again, "I didn't know you had company."

"Sorry," she shrugged.

"You know I don't like it when you hang out with my friends," he scowled at her.

We're friends?

"Good thing she isn't your friend," she smirked, which resembled her older brother's smirk.

That sounds right, my deep inner voice agreed.

"Funny," he sarcastically replied. "She is my friend."

"A person that pities you isn't your friend," she retorted.

"Pity?"

Without missing a beat she states, "Yeah, pities. She pities your ugliness and lack of friends."

Noah rolled his eyes, but that doesn't deter Hannah from going further. "And she pities the funny looking limp you got," she added, purposely stretching her sentence out.

"Hardy har har," he laughed drily.

His eyes switched to my own, "I can't believe you're skipping class. I thought you were a goody two shoes," he sternly states.

"We have a free period, jackass. Unlike you two," Hannah butts in, glaring at her brother.

"Chill with the swearing at me," he warned her.

I started awkwardly whistling while Alice placed her hand on her hip and stares everywhere, but at the two arguing siblings.

"Fuck you," she spats, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Are you on your period?" He asked, looking at her as if she's insane.

"No. I'm mad. You know why," she glowered at him.

He intently examined her features, and then sighed in great annoyance.

"It was nice seeing you Annalise, Alice," he quickly smiled at us.

"Oh, uh, goodbye," I smiled back, heading to the door.

"Peace," Alice tightly smiled too.

I began opening the door, but then stopped in the middle of the action. "Don't come back here," Alessandro instructed, his blond hair falling to his shoulders.

Alice crossed her arms, "And why not?"

He looked over his shoulder to the heated whispering between siblings, and then turned back.

"If you do, you'll regret it."

SHARE! VOTE! COMMENT!

Alessandro! That's an Italian name.

Is "If you do, you'll regret it" a warning, or a threat?

Who's ready for some answers? The Day of The Dead party is coming up!

You're probably like 'wtf was up with the beginning of the chapter?' Well, let's just say it's for a reason.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 1.5K 59
7 months after the tragic death of her father, Hayley Jones finally feels like she can breath again. After giving up drinking and partying, things ac...
22.6K 777 31
A brother and a sister. One is the captain of the hockey team in a small town while the other aspires to be the best figure skater out there. But wh...
451K 16.5K 55
"Sometimes the hardest thing in life is accepting that no matter what you do, you can't plan for everything to end accordantly. Sometimes, it's the...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...