The Female Alpha | ✗

By reneefuzzybunny

Armelle Addison Donovan is one heck of female who would stop at nothing to make sure her pack was safe, even... More

BEFORE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER 8

16.6K 872 111
By reneefuzzybunny

a.n Y'all pls read my romance book 'baby steps' on my profile! it's almost finished

follow my Instagram rmercado02

send me things and get them featured! reneeimercado02@gmail.com

   The rest of the afternoon lunch was dismissed and the family spent the rest of the day lounging around the house, probably gossiping about what had happened. My mother made it her mission not to talk about anything mate related, or me and decided to spend times with the twins, blocking my dad and everyone out. She was a stubborn wolf, much like me and father, but it was her way of coping, so none of us interfered. 

   Father look gloomy not being with mother, often sitting in the living room with a sad expression as if momma's absence impacted him greatly. It was unusual seeing father like this, I mean the mate-bond had strengthened over time and they basically couldn't live without each other. Sometimes it was sickening, other times it was cute. There was no in-between. 

   With my momma ignoring all of us, I took it upon myself not to look at River who made it his mission to annoy me. I had lost all my trust in him and didn't want him around, I still felt the annoyance somewhere inside of me. I don't understand how my momma could do such a thing! River included. Did she not know that a rogue is dangerous, especially this one, considering he is part of the arising war between our pack and the rogues? For whatever reason was good enough to let him out, was not good enough for me. 

   I don't care if it's the mate-bond that she wants him out, she cannot do it. She is endangering the pack and as Luna should look for the best interest for them. Not for me. I thought she was smarter than this, but obviously not. She is letting that rogue get too damn close with the family, he could find out our weaknesses, entryways to infiltrate the pack, anything that could help win them the war. 

   I couldn't even believe this.

  After arguing with my momma, I had fled into my room with my throat sore from screaming and jumped on the bed with aggravation. I had thought of all possible ways to change my mother's mind, but her being trapped in her room with the twins made it very difficult to even confront her. I had tried talking to the father, but he was too deep into feeling guilty and then focusing on pack duties to even listen to a word I said and the rest of the family was clueless to everything that's happened. I couldn't possibly go to them for help.

   After three hours of contemplating, my mother had mind-link the immediate family to a meeting once more. With anger still present in my body, I went down to father's office where already, the rest of the family sat. Momma sat next to my father, who looked pleased sitting near her and the kids, even River, was sitting across of them. I sighed as I felt momma's hard gaze on me, practically assessing my wellbeing as I sat down next to Grey who was playing with a tiny toy. 

   "He will be released tonight," Momma spoke slowly, and allowed the words settled over us and already went down to business. I felt my hands curl around the armchair quickly, I bit my lip, preventing anything from escaping and felt an undeniable amount of annoyance and anger bubble within me that I was sure that the family could smell it.

    "You will be the one to do it," she spoke again, her tone directed to me and I swear my gut twisted in pain. Are you serious right now? I heard father try to protest, but was instantly shushed by momma who continued to look at me as if I was the only person in the room.

    "Are you kidding me right now?" I said, escaping my lips without permission, but I didn't look so guilty or even worried about my actions as my anger to the best of me. Emerald was yipping happily in my mind, obviously knowing we would be closer to our mate than ever. Momma raised a questioning eyebrow as I stared at her, my hard gaze landed on her baby blues, filled with anger and aggravation. 

    "He is your mate, is he not?" she questioned, her gaze taunting me as she passed me an innocent look. I shook my head, feeling like growling at that very point in time at my mother's reckless actions.

     "Is he not a rogue threatening our safety?" I bite back, raising my eyebrow as she did with me. Her innocent looked washed over with a hard gaze, the Luna inside of her not liking the disrespect or the come back she was given. 

      "Armelle Addison Dakota Donovan, you do not speak to your mother that way," I heard father scold me, overtaking my mother who looked as if she was going to burst. I didn't allow the guilt to seep through my veins for talking to my mother disrespectfully, but, she didn't respect my decisions, so why should I respect hers? I was doing everything I can to protect our pack and she was the one throwing our safety away because of some stupid mate bond!

     "Do I need to remind you that you are not Alpha yet? I could give it to River for your disrespect," father threatened me, his hands curling into fists as he shot me a harsh glare. 

   "But I am the first born, that title is rightfully mine," I argued, I felt the armrest crack underneath the pressure of my fists tightening around it, my anger sizzled within me, my Alpha traits wanting to be released. Wanting to prove my worthiness of the Alpha title.

    "You may be the first born, but the current Alpha gets to approve of the next Alpha," he objected back, his eyes swirling gold, his wolf, Venus appearing through his mind as if watching our argument closely. I suppressed a growl, I bit my lip, knowing he was right and I absolutely hated being told off. 

   "Momma is threating the safety the pack for some bond. You as the Alpha should understand that keeping him a prisoner and retrieving information out of him is the safest way to deal with him," I countered back, leaning against the chair as I held the armrests tightly, swearing to myself that I would break them if they kept this up.

     "You could die from being away from your mate for too long, ignoring the mate bond weakens you. Look at you, you already look ill from being away from him too long. You only have seen him, what, twice ever since he arrived?" father snapped at me, and looked at my pale face, proving a point.

     "Well, we can't have him roaming around the pack house! He cannot be released, he is a danger to the pack!" I fumed, my health isn't as important when the pack's health would decrease.

      "What do you want us to do Armelle? He is your mate, the Moon Goddess paired you up for a reason, you cannot go against the Moon Goddess' will. You refuse to go near him unless for punishment and the more you stay away, the more you and your wolf weaken. This is the only option for you," momma growled, her hands curling into tight white fists as her motherly instincts kicked in, her wolf shining through as if hating her child was turning ill.

    "I don't know! Do you want me to talk to him? Be nicer to him? How can I be with someone who left the pack life in the first place? Someone the pack will not like as he is the one endangering them! I refuse to even accept him as my mate for the reason that he is a threat to everything I have worked so hard to achieve and protect!" I snarled viciously, feeling the wood finally crack under my harsh grip.

     "How dare you not even give your mate a chance! I did not give your father a chance and we went through hell, I don't want the same happening to my children," she sniffed out, her hands twiddling in her stomach and looked straight at me. The look in her eyes moved something within me, they swirled with deep emotions and showed everything. She felt saddened by how everything was turning out, furious at her daughter, yet was feeling tired of keeping all her emotions in. Alas, the guilt finally toppled over me, washing anger and leaving the annoyance sizzling inside of me.

    I retreated back, knowing momma was hurt, my hands loosened my grip on the chair and sighed deeply. Momma's and father's relationship was terrible at the start, had dealt with the ups and downs of having a mate and now, she didn't history repeating itself. It was hard enough losing a son and then having to raise two kids looking almost like him.

  The remorse surfaced in my heart, I had gone too far and had to make it up somehow. The little girl inside of me calling out to fix it, the Alpha inside of me telling me to own up to my mistakes and I nodded to myself.

"What do you want me to do?" I said slowly and gazed up at Momma whose eyes glossed over with happiness. 

    "Spend time with him," she replied back, a small, comforting smile graced itself on her lips. My heart sunk at her words, but I guess that was my fault for asking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 2.2K 24
"You're not a luna. You're a rogue. Your word means nothing." Maddie says. "Alpha Kairo, I hear you don't have a luna yet. If you ever need a backup...
18.1M 488K 48
Warning: Feels, Violence and sexual content Advised Age: 15 + Maisie Ashford is thankful that her older brother is becoming Alpha. She'd rather not h...
142K 4.4K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...