Our Deal

By abbydess

When Avery has to leave her country, she moves to the US and starts to attend O.H.S and everything changes wh... More

Chapter 1: New High School
Chapter 2:That Alex?!
Chapter 3: Her Friends, My New Friends
Chapter 4: 6th period too!?
Chapter 5: Touchy topic
Chapter 6: Paul's Ice Cream Parlor
Chapter 7: Spilling Time!
Chapter 8: Who's That?
Chapter 9: Sleep Over
Chapter 10: Truth or Dare
Chapter 11: Beautiful Morning
Chapter 12: Late Pass
Chapter 13: Passive Aggressive
Chapter 14: Bloody Warning
Chapter 15: Why Me?
Chapter 16: Too Hot To Be A Doctor
Chapter 17: Roomie
Chapter 18: Let's Get To Know Each Other
Chapter 19: I'm His What?!
Chapter 20: Our Deal
Chapter 21: Friendly Stranger
Chapter 22: Let's Get Even
Chapter 23: Mia Bella
Chapter 24: Renegotiation
Chapter 26: Mercy
Chapter 27: That Past Was Left Behind
Chapter 28: See For Yourself
Chapter 29: Coffee Break
Chapter 30: He's a McKay
Chapter 31: Guest of Honor
Chapter 32: We'll Have a Conversation Later
Chapter 33: Good Morning To You Too
Chapter 34: Home
Chapter 35: Secrets and Confessions
Chapter 36: An Intruder
Chapter 37: A Voice in the Dark
Chapter 38: I Believe You
Chapter 39: Let me go

Chapter 25: Baby

20 0 0
By abbydess

Avery's P.O.V

As we walked towards the door to exit the room and look for the movie, I heard my phone start to sound off. That's weird, I didn't even remember bringing my phone up here, but then again I didn't even remember getting up here last night so I guess it isn't that strange.

It was coming from a pile of my last night outfit that was laying in a chair that was to the tv area of the spacious room.

I looked up at Alex, his arm still keeping me in close proximity to him, he simply shrugged. I walked out of the embrace and towards the pile of clothing. I moved the jumbled clothes until I found the cream clutch that I was bearing.

I grabbed my phone and answered.

"Hello?" I said in a cut-throat cold voice.

"Avery? Oh thank God!" My mother said as she released a sigh of relief.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently, crossing my arms over my chest.

Something is up... First she disappears for two weeks, she leaves me here, and now she's acting all relieved to hear my voice? Something is definitely up.

"I think I have a lead Aves. I had to fly to England as soon as I got it, but when I saw you in your comatose state I thought the agency had gotten to us, I got scared... That's what  gave me the reassurance  that I needed, that's how I knew that the information had to be true. " She rambled on excitedly.

"Stop right there. What are you talking about? What lead?" I said and then whispered, "What do you mean the agency got to us, I made sure that it would never happen!" I said angrily.

"A lead to get our family back, a lead that would make us again as we were. Dad, Sebastian, you, Marie, and me, all together again. Don't you want that Avery?" She said her voice almost to breaking point.

She's clearly unstable.

"Mum there's no 'making us as we were', we stopped being a family a long while ago. The day father became Ryder, that day he damned us all to the hell we're living now." I said walking towards the bathroom, locking myself in it after giving a dismissive look to Alex after he gave me a perplexed one.

This isn't something he should be hearing or anyone for that matter.

"I will not permit you to talk ill about your father! He's a great man who always--" I cut her scold short.

"First of all he isn't my father, not anymore at least and secondly, it's his fault that we're in this bloody mess! It's his fault that Seb and Marie are missing, it's his fault that I had to move to another goddamned country in the middle of my fucking senior year!" I finally got it off my chest. I didn't realize I was crying until I saw the tear stained reflection of my face in the vanity mirror.

"Language young lady! Thank God that I'm not over there to smack some respect into you." She warned dauntingly.

"I'm sorry mother... Do you plan on ever coming back?" I said sounding defeated, and indeed I felt like all the life was drained out of me.

"Not until I have the where abouts of at least your father, if I find him, he can help me find Sebastian and Marie Anne." She said decisively.

"Fine, ring me if you find anything new. I love you mum." I said as I saw no point in continuing this conversation.

"You be good, okay. Call if you need anything. I love you, please remember that." She said in a sad voice.

"Okay, love you too." And with that the call ended.

I wiped away the tears and opened the door. There he was sitting peacefully in the bed, waiting for me.

"How much of that did you hear?" I asked shyly as I walked over to him.

"Enough to know that something is up, plus your tear-stained cheeks are a dead giveaway... What's wrong bella?" Alex asked softly, standing up and caressing my cheek comfortingly when he referenced it.

I remained silent, as my jaw clenched, and unclenched while I decided whether to tell him or not.

"Ava, what happened? Is your mom okay?" Alex asked again as his face contoured into a worried one.

"Alex, can we not talk about it right now? Please?" I asked barely above a whisper, not looking at anything in particular.

"Fine however you wish, just know that if you need anyone to talk to, you have me." His arms then went around me and hugged me deeply as his soft lips placed themselves atop my head.

It took me a moment to react, but once my senses came back I wrapped my own arms around him.

"Thanks baby." I found myself saying.

Since when do I call him baby ?

What the bloody hell's wrong with me?!

This cannot be happening...

"Baby?" His deep voice rumbled against our chests as he asked amusedly, while he broke the inviting hug to look me in the eyes. His dazzling olive eyes were glistening with mischief as his lips took form of a smirk.  

"I'm never going to live this down am I?" I said as I released a defeated sigh.

"Nope," he said as he chuckled. "But, truth be told, I don't mind it." he said as he winked and rested his forehead against mine,  biting his bottom lip.  We both chuckled softly and as the laughs died down, a strong tension started to rise.

His lips got dangerously close to mine, we were centimeters apart. My eyes were closed as I felt my breath get caught in my throat.

His lips brushed against mine.

Was I really going to go through with this? If we... if I kiss him, there's no going back...

It's going to be free willed, no dare, no deal, just us. Alex and Ava, going for it.

We were about to close the distance when a phone started to ring.

Great timing.

I rolled my eyes as I stepped back and Alex fished his phone out of his jogger's pocket.

"Yes?" He answered annoyed instead of saying hello.

"A party?"

"When?"

"No." He changed his body language as he rested his weight against one of the bed post.

"Really Mason?" he said in an 'are you kidding' tone as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Right now? I'm kinda in the middle of something..." He said as his eyes trailed over to me and he sent me a wink.

"Sure, why not... See you later." and with that he cut the call.

"What was that all about?" I asked as I looped my arms around his neck.

"Nothing... just a football party invite..." He said dismissively.

"You should go.." I said as I bit my lip.

"Meh, not right now... don't get me wrong I do plan on going, but later, and so are you by the way... Now I believe you were about to kiss me. " He said as he started to lean in.

I scoffed. "Me? No sir you did the leaning, the lip brushing, it was all you." I said playfully with a smirk and an arched brow.

"Well I don't really remember, do you mind if I refresh my memory?" He played along as he looked down at me lustfully. He started to lean in again

His lips were as close as they were last time, "Not at all." I said dazed.

There was a knock at the door.

Alex groaned and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Who is it?" He asked impatiently.

"Sir, it's me..." Stella's voice came through weak and muffled, by the door.

"Come in." Alex ordered. The door was opened softly and in came the now frail woman.

"Stella what's wrong?" Alex asked worried. She looked like the life was drained out of her as she sent us a broken stare.

"Sir, it's... It's your father!" She exclaimed as a sob left her lips and tears trailed down her face.

******

A/N:  Well that's it for this chapter. Tell me what you thought on the comments below, I personally love how the story is unraveling. Until next time,

Lots of Love and Virtual Hugs,

~Abbi  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 449 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...
28 0 20
He then tells me that he has someone he wants me to meet i agree mainly because he'll become insufferable if i don't and when he becomes insufferable...
3.4K 76 25
His soft hum, and chuckle he lets out against my ear lobe has me shivering. "You can keep telling yourself that once we leave this school, graduate...
432K 7.9K 41
(Slowly re-writing) MATURE CONTENT (18+) What will your reaction. If a nerd of your college, you save from bully came out as A MAFIA BOSS....??? "...