The Fire Angel (ATLA Fanfic)

By Darkninja7

Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were fi... More

Book 1 - The Beginning
Training 101
Following Orders
Grandpa Ping
Friendship
Visited By Royalty
The Prince and Angel
Goodbye or See you Later?
You've still got a friend in me!
General for the Crew?
Patience
Shadow Snake
Packing up!
The Open Ocean
Beneath the Scars
Time, friend or foe?
Lillian AN
Shattered Glass
Nenrei
Sibling Salute!
The Thorn in my side
The Avatar
The Harbor
Island of Kyoshi
Blast from the Past.
Choices
The Necklace
Winter Solstice Part 1
The Winter Solstice Part 2
The Scroll
Crystal Nightmare Part 1
Crystal Nightmare Part 2
The Storm
The Blue Spirit
Why Me?
Lillian Alone
Confessions
The Siege of the North
Book 2
The Path of three flames
Royal Pain
Iroh & Lilly's Journey
The Chase
Bitter Work
The Desert
New Beginning
The Freedom Fighter's
Walls, Walls and Tea!
The tales of Lillian in Ba sing Sai
Authors Note
Lake Laogai Part 1
Lake Laogai Part 2
Healing
The Earth King
The Jasmine Dragon
Author Note
The Crossroads of Destiny
Book 3 - Operation "Extinguish Fire"
The Awakening
Arty stuff
The Headband
Trapped
Memories
The Beach Part 1
The Beach - Part 2
I Got Tagged
Lillian's healing.
Rise again
Nightmares & Daydreams
Day of Black sun: Part 1: The Invasion Part 1
Day of black sun: Part 1 The Invasion Part 2
The day of black sun Part 2: The eclipse.
A Crazy Escape
The Western Air Temple
The Firebending Master's Part 2
The Boiling Rock: Part 1
The Boiling Rock: Part 2
Manly Arts... (Special chapter)
The Southern Raiders
Why didn't We Listen?
The Sky Temple Part 1: You're Dead!
The Sky Temple: Part 2 What you didn't know
Hidden in Plain Sight
The Ember Island Players
Sozin's comet Part 1
Sozins comet Part 2
Sozin's comet Part 3
The Prophecy (Teaser for Part 4)
Sozin's Comet Part 4
Dying in Agony
Rebirth
A Time for Peace
Priority
Finale
The Sequel is OUT

The Firebending Master's Part 1

1.9K 57 16
By Darkninja7

The morning was peaceful as everyone was still asleep, everyone except our crimson eyed princess. Lillian stretched her muscles out after all this time, things have slowed down and now everyone has a moment to themselves.

Lillian tried to focus her breathing with her palms together and her eyes closed.

"heat" Lillian whispered.

Nothing....

Lillian opened her eyes to find her palms empty. Lillian clenched her fists and punched the rubble beside her. Lillian retracted her fist and stared at her knuckles, "woah, I guess your not a morning person." Toph said. Lillian looked over at Toph, "what gave that away?" Lillian groaned as she sat beside Toph.
There was a moment of silence before Toph spoke up, "so... Any luck on your bending?" Toph asked. Lillian ran her fingers through her hair as she sighed, "no, but Katara suggested that I attend lessons with Aang. Maybe going back to basics might help me reignite my inner fire." Lillian stated, "ooh hopefully it doesn't spark up an old flame between you an Prince Sparky." Toph snickered. Lillian rolled her eyes before ruffling Toph's hair, "hey! I can feel your heart rate when your near him and Zuko's is even worse" Toph stomped, "What about me?" Zuko interrupted as he walked down the stairs, "uh Dragon girl here was just-"

"Just warming up before training. Are you ready to give your first Lesson?" Lillian asked as she jogged up beside him. Zuko nodded, "yeah, let's go get started."

Lillian and Zuko walked to the area where Aang had suggested they start their training, "So... Uh did you sleep well?" Zuko asked as he rubbed his neck. Lillian rubbed her arms, "not really, I've been up since before sunrise." Lillian shrugged. Zuko smiled, "well, we are fire benders Lilly and we rise with the sun." Zuko grinned. Lillian rolled her eyes, "whatever Sparky."

"Good morning Sifu Hotman and Sifu uh...." Aang dragged out looking at Lillian,

"how about class mate for now." Lillian said slumping her shoulders.

Aang nodded, "okay, so let's get started!" Aang said excited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian watched as Aang and Zuko went through the basic forms, "now show me what you've got... Any amount of fire you can make." Zuko said gesturing to Aang. Lillian laid back on the rock and faced the sun as she absorbed the heat, "Lillian, you need to do this as well." Zuko said sternly. Lillian lifted her head and glared at Zuko, "remind me who kicked whose ass the last fire duel we had." Lillian smirked. Zuko crossed his arms and shook his head, "remind me whose the one who lost her bending." Zuko teased back. Lillian shot up and stormed towards Zuko. Aang looked between the two, "Are you challenging me Prince Grumpy." Lillian poked Zuko in the chest, "I am giving you an instruction as your teacher, now, take your stance beside Aang." Zuko took hold of Lillian's wrist and held it staring into her eyes. Lillian pulled free and took her stance. She nodded at Aang before they both began the movements and tried to bend. Lillian managed to bend a small spark of a white flame but Aang just produced a puff of smoke, "uh I don't do well with instructions, perhaps a demonstration?" Aang asked sheepishly. Zuko looked over at Lillian as she opened and closed her hands, "I agree, I suggest you take a step back." Zuko said starting his breathing. Aang ducked behind Lillian as Zuko began his sequence, "Just breath and..."
A small puff of smoke escaped from Zuko's fist, "what the..." Zuko looked at his hand.

Zuko looked at Lillian as her serious face faded and she burst into a fit of giggles, "Shut it Lillian!" Zuko warned, "This is so ironic!" Lillian laughed with a slight snork. Zuko growled before he tried his forms again but the same result as before. "just breath and shoot." Zuko said bending a small flame, "That one felt hot." Aang said rubbing his head, "don't patronize me! You know what it's suppose to look like!" Zuko growled. Aang retreated, "Sorry sifu Hotman!" Aang apologised, "Aang, maybe you should go, Toph mentioned that you needed to work on your earth bending." Lillian suggested to the young Avatar. Aang nodded before bowing to Zuko and leaving.

Lillian and Zuko remained behind. The sun began setting when Zuko finally gave up," Maybe its because of the eclipse. If I'm not the only whose bending has gone South then maybe the eclipse affected us more than we thought." Lillian suggested. Zuko paused and looked over the other temples, "yeah... Maybe..."

Zuko looked over at Lillian as the orange rays set the most beautiful setting, "what? Is there something on my face!?!" Lillian asked nervously feeling all over her face.

Zuko shook his head, "I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around the fact that your still alive... I mean... That night on the Beach, I watched you die." Zuko whispered the last bit. Lillian relaxed, "that was one crazy night, I mean Merci Lee and the hunters. You breaking the power of the dark crystal the-"

"kiss" Zuko added

Lillian pressed her lips and blushed looking away, "I'm going to go help Katara with dinner, see you later." Lillian rushed past Zuko to the others leaving him behind to figure out his bending.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night had fallen and everyone sat around a large camp fire that Lillian and Sokka had built. Katara was finishing up the stew when Lillian walked up beside her, "Hey Katara, need some help?" Lillian asked. Katara smiled at Lillian, "no, I just finished. Maybe you could help Haru hand out to everyone." Katara suggested, "sure, no problem." Lillian said picking up a few bowls with noodles, "how was Firebending training?" Katara asked, Lillian's smile faded, "that bad huh?" Katara's face softened. Lillian nodded, "I feel so useless and I can't even help Aang with his training." Lillian felt her eyes sting as Katara placed her hand on her shoulder, "things will work out. I promise." Katara gave Lillian a quick hug before the walked out. Lillian handed out the noodles as Katara bent the stew over them. Lillian stood with her bowl and Zuko's, "where is Sparky?" Toph asked from behind Lillian, "there he is," Haru gestured to the pillars by Appa and Kasai. Zuko's eyes ran across the room and found Lillian's crimson eyes staring at him. She gave him a small smile and lifted the extra bowl and motioned for him to come over. Zuko felt himself return her smile. Zuko walked toward Lillian and took the bowl from her, "Thanks." Lillian sat down besides Toph, "no problem"

Zuko stared at his food silently as everyone slurped and chatted about their day, "Hey, Lilly, I found a really neat spot for us to practice some sword bending and sparing." Sokka said with his mouth full of food. Lillian tilted her head and smiled, "Sounds great Sokka, maybe we can check it out after my Firebending lesson tomorrow." Lillian smiled. Sokka grinned before talking to Haru. Lillian suddenly felt heat on her left when she turned her head she noticed Zuko with an angry expression, "you okay?" Lillian asked placing her hand on his knee, "Just fine!" Zuko growled standing up, "Listen everyone... I've lost my stuff." Zuko said looking around, "don't look at me! I didn't touch your stuff." Toph said raising her hands. Lillian raised her brow, "I've lost my Firebending." Zuko confessed, "Zuko, let's not be rash, maybe you just need a few days to settle in." Lillian said standing beside him and placing her hand on his shoulder. Suddenly Katara burst out laughing, "I'm sorry, I'm just laughing at the irony. Wouldn't it have been great if you lost your Firebending a few months ago." Katara sneered causing Lillian to glare at her. Katara retreated at Lillian's, "Maybe you need to go back to the originally source of Firebending? You mention something about inner fire earlier?" Toph suggested towards Lillian, "our inner fire is basically our bending fuel. It's our drive. I believe when Zuko was hunting Aang, that was his drive but once he joined us, he lost that drive. But when we were kids..."

"we were taught to use our anger as a form of fuel." Zuko interrupted.

Everyone stared at the two firebenders, "so like I said, the orginal source. For example, earthbending was originally from the badger moles." Toph said as she started explaining how she learnt earthbending.

Lillian packed away the bowls as everyone listened and decided to go to her room. Lillian felt so useless without her bending. She couldn't push out her wings with out her flesh tearing apart. If she and Zuko couldn't restart their inner fire the. Aang will be forced to find someone else and no one will trust a third firebender. Lillian stared out her window in deep thought, 'who could teach Aang'

There was a knock on the door. Lillian turned to find Zuko leaning against the frame, "you missed the chat about everyone's bending and runaway stories." Zuko groaned. Lillian nodded silently before returning her gaze out the window, "you okay?" Zuko asked softly as he walked towards Lillian. There was a moment of silence before Lillian answered, "it feels weird doesn't it. Not having your bending." Lillian whispered. Zuko noticed the shiver in her voice, "hey, don't give up yet. We're going to the sun warrior temples tomorrow, maybe we'll find something there and-"

"what if that doesn't work... Without my bending my transformations will begin to tear me apart and be more harmful than helpful." Lillian said worried, "we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Just, let's see what tomorrow holds for us." Zuko said taking hold of Lillian's hands. Lillian looked up into Zuko's golden eyes, "Come on, what happened to Lillian Titan, the fearless adventurer." Zuko teased. Lillian rolled her eyes, "She decided to grow up and follow her best friend into war." Lillian teased back. Zuko smiled at the glimmer in Lillian's eyes, "He messed up pretty bad... Didn't he?" Zuko whispered. Lillian's eyes softened at Zuko, "I'm so sorry Lilly... For everything." Zuko whispered standing up. Zuko made his way to his room but Lillian. Stopped him, "Zuko... We both did and said things that hurt each other beyond repair. But, I'm willing to rebuild our friendship, if you are." Lillian said softly. Zuko's face lit up and he picked Lillian up and swung her around, "Yes. Let's!" Zuko cheered placing Lillian down. Lillian laughed and Zuko snickered, "see you tomorrow morning." Lillian smiled placing a soft kiss below Zuko's scared eye. Zuko blushed slightly and smiled, "goodnight Lilly."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appa soared through the clouds as Lillian and Zuko sat in the saddle and Aang on Appa's head. Lillian watched as the clouds surrounded them and the ocean flew past. Lillian's shoulders burned, "ugh... I hate this." Lillian groaned pulling her hood over her head, "Can't this thing fly any faster?" Zuko complained, Appa growled in response, "Appa's right guys, you need to start your mornings with a more up beat attitude." Aang sang, Zuko mumbled as he slumped down in the saddle, "I could have flown a lot faster." Lillian grinned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at these markings, their similar to what the fire sages have in their temples." Lillian said as her hand grazed the wall of the temple. Aang and Zuko stood beside Lillian looking  at the engravings, "Let's get a move on and see what we can find." Zuko gestured. Aang and Lillian followed Zuko into the ruins, "Your right Lillian, I can tell that maybe the sages temples derived from these." Zuko said walking beside Lillian. Aang jogged in front of them, "You know guys, the past can be a great teacher-" Aang tripped over a rope causing large black spikes to raise from the ground. Aang's body was in midair when he used his airbending to flip over the spikes, "Guys! I think the past is trying to kill me!" Aang squeaked. Zuko knelt down and examined the rope, "I don't belive it, this trap must be over a thousand years old and yet it still works." Zuko stood and ran across the wall towards Aang. Lillian stared at the spikes and then at the boys on the other side, "I never enjoyed history class." Lillian shrugged. Lillian took a few steps back before rushing straight towards the spikes crouching down and leaping over the spikes. Lillian flipped three times before landing gracefully between Zuko and Aang. Both boys looked at Lillian wide eyes as she skipped up the stairs, "come on, let's go." Lillian called.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This place is huge..." Lillian gasped as she looked around them, "Maybe we should split up?" Aang suggested, "Yeah, you and Zuko cover the lower level and I will search the top." Lillian smiled side stepping the boys to head up the stairs, "Meet back here in an hour." Zuko called. Aang grinned at Zuko and wiggled his eyebrows, "What?" Zuko asked with a raised brow, "Nothing. Just uh glad you two are getting along." Aang grinned. "yeah... I guess it's from all our years of friendship." Zuko shrugged looking back to where Lillian was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian strolled through the temples admiring the wall art when she stumbled across a large fire, "That's odd?" Lillian looked around and found wall art about two dragons and two Tenshi's. 'what's this?' Lillian tried to read the writing but she couldn't so instead she carried on her search.

Lillian returned to the spot where Zuko and Aang were supposed to meet her but no one was here. The sun was setting and Lillian worried, "Aang! Zuko! Where are you?" Lillian called but nothing.
'those boys better not have gotten into trouble.' Lillian thought

As night settled Lillian had searched everywhere she could think of but nothing.
As Lillian reached the top of the tallest temple she admired the full moon and thanked it for the light it emitted for her to see,

"HHEEELLLLP!" Aang screamed
"Who are you yelling to? Nobody has been here for centuries!" Zuko growled. The two boys stared at the sky from their gooey imprisonment, "Lillian will find us! She has too!" Aang sad with sad eyes and a wobble in his lips.

"Aang? Zuko?" Lillian's voice called, the two boys started at each other before,

"LILLIAN! OH, LILLIAN!" the boys cheered in relief as the young blonde approached the gutter, "What in Agni's name did you DO?" Lillian asked confused at the green ooz and the two boys trapped in it.

"Zuko touched the glowing egg and I told him not to!" Aang tattled on the banished Prince.
"My fault?! Your the one who wanted to dance with me in the first place!" Zuko argued.
"if I hadn't then we wouldn't be-" Aang was interrupted
"Enough! I don't care who started it, I'll finish it! Your both acting like children!" Lillian growled.
Zuko and Aang exchanged looks,

"Zuko's Fault"
"Aang's Fault"

Lillian tapped her foot, "Did I not say enough?" the boys nodded in silence at the fear of the steam rising off Lillian's bare shoulders.

Lillian knelt down and carefully inspected the goo, "don't touch it, it's like some sort of glue." Zuko said as Lillian looked around, "I could always pull-"

"Who goes there!?" a deep and scary voice called from behind causing Lillian to squeal and fall right on top of Zuko.

---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian was held back by guards as Zuko and Aang were released from the goo, "For trying to take our sacred sun stone you must be punished by death!" the chief said gaining a nervous expression from Lillian, "Please sir, I don't usually play this card, but I am the avatar and my friends and I were just trying to find the origins of fire bending." Aang stated. Zuko stood up and explained who he was and then the chief looked over at Lillian, "What is your history?" The chief growled, "My name is Lillian Titan, and I am the princess of the Tenshi Temple." Lillian said looking around at the sun warriors whose eyes widened. Lillian felt her arms released and then everyone bowed, "Great Tenshi, have you come to forfill the ceremony for the spirits?" the chief asked, "whada what now?" Lillian asked confused.
"We came to help find our inner fire, I know nothing about a ceremony." Lillian said gaining confused looks from the sun warriors. The chief nodded in Understanding before explaining that the masters would see them if they passed the trials, "Only the Prince and The Avatar will see the masters, unfortunately Princess, you must come with me as I feel there is something you need to see." the chief said. Lillian nodded and walked over to Aang who held a small flame in his hand, "you got that feather?" Lillian whispered. Aang nodded, "good." Lillian squeezed Aang's shoulder before walking to Zuko, "goodluck and keep your head up. See you later." Lillian winked and then followed the chief.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian walked behind the chief as he stood near the engravings that Lillian had found earlier, "Do you recognise this Princess?" The chief asked. Lillian stepped forward and placed her hand on the rough stone, "No, but I have a feeling that I should." Lillian asked worried. The chief shook his head, "Do you know the tale of two dragons and the Angel.?" The chief asked Lillian.

(A/N just a little Fairytail below. Sorry I had to)

Centuries ago, when dragons were still fruitful in our world. They ruled the skies along side the beautiful and graceful Tenshi's. The Dragon King and Tenshi Queen would gather once a every Year and discuss the union on their kingdoms. The Dragon King had a Handsome son named Natsu and the The Queen had a beautiful daughter with Long blonde hair named Lucy. The two grew up together as they were forced to see each other every season change. The Dragons could take human like forms. The would have human bodies, scale like wings, pointed ears and slited eyes. The marriage would bring such a union that the spirit world would be filled with so much peace that the spirits would be able to return to the human world. But, to no one's knowledge another Dragon soldier was inlove with the princess, he was known as the nightwalker the most fierce and brave of all dragons, but he hated the Prince. So the night before the wedding the Prince and Princess shared a passionate night out of excitement but Nightwalker ruined it. Believing that the Prince was alone he charged in and stabbed the bed sheet multiple times, as the sheets stained red the Prince Cried in fear. Nightwalker stepped back and pulled the sheet off to reveal the dead princess. Natsu became so enraged he set fire to his entire body engulfing Nightwalker and the dying princess. But before the flames liked Lucy's skin a single tear fell to the ground and formed a small blue crystal.

The dragon King and Angel Queen were heart broken, but never gave up hope that one day. A Princess and Prince will fall in love and share the same undying love that Natsu and Lucy shared restoring peace to the spirit world and Dragon realm.

The chief finished. Lillian sat shocked as the chief handed her a cup of water. She held her crystal and felt a shiver run down her spine.
"After the Fire Prince and Avatar have net the masters, you must meet them alone. We will be below the grounds watching but," the chief hesitated.

"I can handle this. I am the only Princess born with Blonde hair since Lady Lucy, if I am correct..." Lillian said standing and walking to the courtyard.

Aang and Zuko arrived with there flames still intact. Lillian watched as They made their way up the stairs and presented their fire's to each entrance.

Lillian heard Zuko and Aang bicker about fire, "DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!" Lillian yelled causing the boys to freeze.

The floor started to rumble and Lillian lifted her gaze to await the Master's but she could never prepare herself for what she was about to see.

The Master's came flying out. Red and Blue danced along the sky and silence was all that filled the air along with the flapping of wings.

"I don't believe it... These are the masters." Zuko said shocked.

"The masters... Their... DRAGONS!" Lillian gasped...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

So what do you think?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

5 days until Christmas

Yay.

I will try to get the next chapter out but first..... Some funny pictures!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
1M 31K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
754K 19.2K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
1.4K 89 10
If there was ever to be one thing that were true, it would be that Umeko was not meant to exist. Umeko was an Air-Bender, born a century after the ex...