The Fire Angel (ATLA Fanfic)

By Darkninja7

Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were fi... More

Book 1 - The Beginning
Training 101
Following Orders
Grandpa Ping
Friendship
Visited By Royalty
The Prince and Angel
Goodbye or See you Later?
You've still got a friend in me!
General for the Crew?
Patience
Shadow Snake
Packing up!
The Open Ocean
Beneath the Scars
Time, friend or foe?
Lillian AN
Shattered Glass
Nenrei
Sibling Salute!
The Thorn in my side
The Avatar
The Harbor
Island of Kyoshi
Blast from the Past.
Choices
The Necklace
Winter Solstice Part 1
The Winter Solstice Part 2
The Scroll
Crystal Nightmare Part 1
Crystal Nightmare Part 2
The Storm
The Blue Spirit
Why Me?
Lillian Alone
Confessions
The Siege of the North
Book 2
The Path of three flames
Royal Pain
Iroh & Lilly's Journey
The Chase
Bitter Work
The Desert
New Beginning
The Freedom Fighter's
Walls, Walls and Tea!
The tales of Lillian in Ba sing Sai
Authors Note
Lake Laogai Part 1
Lake Laogai Part 2
Healing
The Earth King
The Jasmine Dragon
Author Note
The Crossroads of Destiny
Book 3 - Operation "Extinguish Fire"
The Awakening
Arty stuff
The Headband
Trapped
Memories
The Beach Part 1
The Beach - Part 2
I Got Tagged
Lillian's healing.
Rise again
Nightmares & Daydreams
Day of Black sun: Part 1: The Invasion Part 1
Day of black sun: Part 1 The Invasion Part 2
The day of black sun Part 2: The eclipse.
The Western Air Temple
The Firebending Master's Part 1
The Firebending Master's Part 2
The Boiling Rock: Part 1
The Boiling Rock: Part 2
Manly Arts... (Special chapter)
The Southern Raiders
Why didn't We Listen?
The Sky Temple Part 1: You're Dead!
The Sky Temple: Part 2 What you didn't know
Hidden in Plain Sight
The Ember Island Players
Sozin's comet Part 1
Sozins comet Part 2
Sozin's comet Part 3
The Prophecy (Teaser for Part 4)
Sozin's Comet Part 4
Dying in Agony
Rebirth
A Time for Peace
Priority
Finale
The Sequel is OUT

A Crazy Escape

1.4K 51 10
By Darkninja7

Zuko pulled Lillian through the thick bush behind the palace's garden. Guards were everywhere and they had to stay out of sight or else they'd be arrested, "Zuko... Where are we-" Lillian was cut off when Zuko placed his hand over her mouth gesturing for her to remain quiet. Lillian nodded. Zuko removed his hand before taking hold of Lillian's hand again and pulling her once again to follow him. 

Lillian could still hear the explosions behind her as the airships, "We're almost there, come on Lillian, just a little further." Zuko said breathlessly. Lillian watched as Zuko's hair stuck to his face and how his knuckles were turning white, "Zuko... Why are you helping me. Your father will-"

"My Father will kill us both if we get caught, Just trust me." Zuko stated.

"But I need to go help the other's!" Lillian protested.

Zuko came to a sudden stop causing Lillian to slam into his back and stumble but Zuko took hold of her hand, "Lillian, I will explain everything once we get on the air balloon, your friends have already gone, just Trust me." Zuko whispered.

Lillian's crimson eyes stared deep into his golden eyes and there she saw something she never thought she'd see again, passion, life and love.

"I'll trust you..." Lillian replied.

Zuko's eyes darted from her's to her lips before he turned and shook his head, "We're here."

Lillian helped Zuko set up the air balloon and gather some supplies. The whole time Zuko avoided Lillian and kept his distance. He didn't say a word or ask her anything. Lillian blew her stray strands of hair out of her face and slightly swung her left arm around as it was growing stiff. Lillian felt with each step it become harder to keep her self up. She was weak. She was injured and she needed to rest. 

Zuko started the fire and the balloon began to inflate. Zuko looked over to Lillian as she leaned against one of the trees with her head up to the sky, her eyes closed, her right arm around her torso and her left arm holding her left shoulder. She didn't look good. She had scorch marks all over her clothes and few burn marks on her arms and legs. But she still looked "Beautiful..." 

Lillian opened her eyes, "Did you say something?" Lillian asked causing Zuko's eyes to widen realizing he said it out loud, "Uh, yes, the uh balloon is ready." Zuko stood straight, Lillian tilted her head, "uh, okay. Where are we going to go?" Lillian asked curiously. Zuko raised his hand but was cut off by the sound of Guards, "Never mind, I'll explain on the way!" Zuko rushed scooping Lillian up and placing her inside the air balloon's basket. Lillian squeaked in pain at Zuko's touch on her bruised body.

Zuko bent fire into the balloon so that it would rise faster. Lillian leaned over the side watching as the ground got further and further away, "hmm feels so weird to fly without my wings." Lillian whispered.

Once the balloon was up in the air and they were safe, Lillian crossed her arms and tapped her fingers waiting for an explanation...

Zuko took a deep breath..." I don't know where to start."

"How about you start with why you're helping me? the enemy." Lillian sneered.

Zuko placed his face in his hands, "I'm sorry..." Zuko whispered,

"I realized that I made the wrong decision in Ba sing sai, I betrayed uncle... I betrayed you. After everything you both had done for me..."

Lillian stood silently as she listened to Zuko,

"I realized that my destiny was never to use the Avatar to regain my honor... But to help him restore balance to the world. My destiny is to join him, teach him fire bending and to take down my father. "

Lillian's eyes widened, "What did you just say??" Lillian gasped.

Zuko raised his head, " I know it sounds stupid... But It feels right. The whole time at the palace I didn't feel at home. Nothing felt right, I had this feeling of fear and living in constant anger. I never wanted that! the only time I felt that I was at home was when you- uh...yeah." Zuko hushed. Lillian stood and turned her back, "Before or after you decided to place the dark crystal on me?" Lillian asked hurt. 

"I never wanted to hurt you! I never knew about the crystal or Azula's idea before you got there! If I had known I would have-"

"Would have just turned your back on me because you were angry with me for keeping my secret!" Lillian growled.

"I was never angry!!!" Zuko barked standing up, " I was hurt that you never told me! We were best friends Lillian, we were together... and you kept it from me. You kept the biggest secret ever from me!" Zuko argued.  Lillian looked away, "You said once that You'd hand over a Tenshi to your father in hopes to lift your banishment." Lillian yelled, "I was afraid that you would just throw me away because your mind and heart were pulled in two directions!" Lillian added as tears slipped down her cheeks. Zuko's face fell with guilt... " I know... and I was wrong, we both were." Zuko sat down. Lillian tilted her head back and hummed slightly as her crystal absorbed her tears. Zuko watched fascinated at how the crystal worked. Lillian took a deep breath, "I don't think the other's will accept you easily and personally, I don't trust you either so... I will try to help you, but the moment I sense that You've lied to me... I'll End you..." Lillian said with dull eyes. Zuko nodded in understanding, "Now that's settled," Lillian said tilted her head back..." I need to rest." Lillian felt her eyes grow heavy but she couldn't shake the feeling of something damp and cool along her side, "What the-"

"Lilly, your bleeding." Zuko said eyes widening.

"oh, seems like I was impaled." Lillian said with shaking hands as she lifted her shirt to reveal a deep gush, "I have a medic kit, let me help you." Zuko said preparing some bandages. Lillian's eyes blurred, "I just need some rest..." Lillian whispered closing her eyes. Zuko shook Lillian, "You can't sleep now Lillian, stay awake with me." Zuko ordered.

Lillian stared at Zuko as he tended to her wound, "drink this" Zuko handed her water, "Thanks." 

Once the bandage was wrapped Zuko looked up at Lillian, "Where did you get that?" Zuko asked curiously. Lillian tapped her chin, "Either when I disarmed the archer's or destroyed all the battlements." Lillian shrugged. Zuko stared at her with a deadpan expression, "What? You asked." Lillian crossed her arms.

Silent fell again between the two. Zuko tended to the engine and Lillian meditated. 

"So... pretty clouds..." Zuko said rubbing his neck. Lillian opened one eye and glared at him then at the clouds, "Yeah... poofy" Lillian closed her eye again. Zuko sighed, "Where do you think their heading?" Zuko asked watching Appa in the far distance, "The Western air temple. It was part of the safe grounds that we agreed on." Lillian opened her eyes and stood looking over at Appa, "I should go to them..." Lillian said almost sadly. Zuko straightened slightly hurt, "But you need rest and I uh... what uh..."

"You'll be fine. I'll be there and try to help you but if they wont accept you the I am afraid there is nothing I can do." Lillian smiled softly at Zuko.

"I wont give up, I need to teach him fire bending." Zuko rushed,

"I am perfectly capable of teaching him myself, now if you'll excuse me." Lillian stepped aside and clenched her fists.

Lillian breathed out harshly over and over but yet no flames, no fire, no heat, "What the..." Lillian started at her hands, "Why Can't I bend?" Zuko smirked at Lillian, "Perfectly capable eh?" Zuko smirked, "Shut up Princey boy! I can still kick your ass!" Lillian growled. Zuko smiled and leaned closer, "Oh really? You and what bending?" Zuko teased. Lillian huffed and looked away with pink cheeks, "Look's like your stuck with me until we land at the temple, Princess grumpy." Zuko smirked. Lillian rolled her eyes, "Your the Prince of all thing's grumpy... grumpy." Lillian mumbled. 

Zuko smiled at Lillian gaining a small smile in return,

 'I missed her so much..'

'I missed him so much'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise Update!!!!!!!

What did you think?

please vote and comment!

Till next time my Zuko love rivals!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
72.8K 2K 20
AN AVATAR : THE LAST AIRBENDER FANFICTION BOOK I : WATER "You-You're alive?" ~~~~ "Expecting someone else?" ~~~~ "Wait don't go!" ~~~~ "We were ne...
20.9K 537 29
Where your friends become your enemies, and your enemies become your friends ๐ŸŒŠ ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐ŸŒช Uncle had told her stories of the old days, when she car...