Umbrella [COMPLETED]

By SophiaMission

"Love is a decision, it is a judgment, it is a promise. If love were only a feeling, there would be no basis... More

Umbrella
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note :)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - FINALE -
Author's Note

Chapter 19

197 9 2
By SophiaMission

DYLAN WILSON

-------------------------------

I was walking alone on this deserted street under the vast night sky. Feeling the fresh air travel throughout my body and giving me the chills. Actually, we won the game because of me. I did it for Catherine. Now, here I am, feeling uneasy. I hate this feeling. This uneasiness makes me feel sad. I saw Catherine hugging Michael and saying congratulations. Not even a greeting did she give to me. And that made me really sad when in fact, I won the game for her. I decided to win the game for her. I know I shouldn't be acting this way. But, I can't help myself. That's right, I can't help myself but get jealous. Now I realize that right from the start, this uneasiness was called jealousy. I lied down on the grassy field and stared at the night sky. I was all alone. I felt so isolated from everyone. I just don't get it. I had this kind of lifestyle before. Instead of being isolated from others, I chose to be isolated. But right now, I'm not liking this one bit. Every time I see her with him, my heart slowly hurts. I want to laugh with her. I want to walk with her. I want to hold her like what he did. I want to be there for her. Staring above the sky made me realize a lot of things. That includes my jealousy. I don't want to fall in love and yet, I'm falling for her. Who will take this uneasiness that I am feeling away? I want it to be her. Yet, fate wouldn't let us be. Will both of us just be friends? Well,I would've like it that way. I don't want to be in love. I don't want to fall for her. I want to live my life first then after that, that's,the time I'll look for the right girl for me. But how come that my words don't reflect my actions?

"Hey.". I heard someone greet me. I sat up and turned to right.

"Catherine?", I asked. I wondered why she was here.

"What's up?", she asked. I sighed.

"Is there a problem? You can always tell me.", she said. But I lied back down and rested both my arms behind my head.

"The sky sure is nice tonight.", I told her. She looked up and smiled.

"Sure is.", she replied.

"Actually, I think I might have fallen for a certain girl.", I told her. I wasn't exactly sure with what I said but I just told her what I thought.

"Eh?", was all she said. I tilted my head a bit to look at her. She was startled and then she awkwardly laughed.

"Really? Isn't she lucky?", she replied. Geez Catherine. How could you be so dense?!

"Yeah she is. Unfortunately, I think she likes someone else.", I told her.

"Oh.", she replied with a frowned face, "That's too bad."

"Yeah. I didn't know I would experience this though. I vowed to never fall for anyone.", I told her.

"Well, some things are inevitable Dylan whether you like it or not.", she said. It's true though. There are certain things that even I can't avoid, and that is love.

"Yeah. Expect the unexpected.", I replied. Now I wasn't exactly in a good mood. I stood up and wiped away the grass in my clothes.

"I better go. I'm not feeling well.", I said. I wasn't in the mood to talk to her or even look at her. Catherine just looked at me and I walked away.

-------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-------------------------------

One, two, three months has passed by. I haven't seen Dylan anymore. The last time we talked was three months ago. I was worried for him and until now, I still do. I feel like a part of me is missing. I'm already dating Michael for two months now. But for these past two months, I wasn't all that happy. I couldn't take Dylan off my mind.

"Hey Cath.", Michael called me. I plastered on a smile so he wouldn't worry.

"Hey Michael. How was practice?", I asked. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed me on my right cheek.

"It was tiring but fun. Thanks for waiting Cath. Let's grab something to drink before I drive you to work. Would that be okay?", he asked. I chuckled. I wanna take this uneasiness away.

"Okay.", I replied. Michael hugged me.

"Cath, I'll always be here for you. I know you're feeling lonely right now because Dylan isn't here. I'll take that uneasiness away.", Michael said. I hugged him back and buried my head in his chest.

-------------------------------------

MICHAEL COLLINS

-------------------------------------

I comforted Catherine as much as I could. I know she's feeling lonely without Dylan by her side. Lately, I've been thinking about my relationship with Catherine. I didn't want to let her go but there's this part of me that's saying that I should since I couldn't really make her happy. Because if I did, she wouldn't be sad like right now.

"Let's go?", I asked and she nodded in reply. I took her soft hands and we went to my car. Girl were glaring at Catherine and I could sense that she was not liking it one tiny bit. I wrapped my arm around her and brought her closer to me. We looked at each other and smiled. After that, we walked ouf of the building; ignoring the glares that were for Catherine. We arrived at my car and I opened the car door for her. She went in and I closed the door. We arrived at 7eleven and I parked the car. The whole ride was silent, as usual. We both hopped out of the car.

"What would you like to eat?", I asked.

"Anything would do.", she replied. She clearly wasn't in the mood. I bought her a magnum and I had a slurpee. We both sat at an empty table. She opened the magnum. I could easily see that sad expression she's hiding.

"Look Cath, don't be so depressed. Am I not enough for you?", I asked. I didn't like this anymore. All she thinks is him. I don't even know if she loves me anymore. I don't even know if she loved me in the first place.

"You are.", she replied. I sighed and drank my slurpee and she ate the magnum. After eating, I drove her to her work place.

"Cath, I can't pick you up later. My mom and I will pick my dad up later at the airport. I'm really sorry.", I honestly explained to her. She kissed me and smiled.

"Don't worry.", shd replied. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"Take care, okay? Don't forget to drink your medicine after dinner."

"Yes Michael. I won't forget.", she replied. Catherine hopped out of the car and closed the door. I watched her go in the restaurant until she disappeared.

-----------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-----------------------------------

"How are you feeling?", Jacob asked.

"I'm fine Jacob. Thanks for worrying.", I replied. We went back to our jobs and it was already twelve midnight.

"Hey Catherine. I'm giving you an early out. Better go now and rest well.", the manager said.

"Thanks!", I replied. I went to the locker and changed. After that, I cloaed my locker, grabbed my bag, and went out of the restaurant.

"It's raining.", I muttered. I opened my umbrella and started to walk towards the bus stop. I suddenly felt cold and the rain started to pour hard. The bus stop was just near by so I ran towards it and took cover. I closed my wet umbrella and sat on the bench. I looked up at the dark sky. It was crying. It reminded me of myself. Dylan. Why did you suddenly disappear? You didn't even tell me. We didn't even talk about what happened three months ago. Why were you kissing Stacy? Did you know how much that had hurt me? I want to know the answers to these questions piling in my head Dylan. Only you could answer them. Tears were starting to fall fron my eyes. I kept holding my tears from falling. I guess I couldn't hold back anymore. I cried. I looked down and closed my eyes.

"Dylan... Please come back... I'm so lonely without you.", I muttered. This feeling of loneliness made me cry even more. My tears were like the raindrops. It wouldn't stop falling. I couldn't control it to stop falling. This reminded me of the first time I met Dylan. It was on a rainy day like this. It was morning but the clouds were grey. I was the one who found him. I was even the one who covered him with my towel since he was shivering. I was even complaining that why was I the one who doing it when it was supposed to be the other way around. I chuckled at the thought of it. It was a nostalgic yet painful memory. I wish Dylan came back.

"I wanna see you again Dylan Wilson.", I muttered. Just then, someone wrapped a towel around my shoulders.

"You're shivering.", he said. My eyes widened. No. It can't be him. I felt nervous and scared at the same time. I looked up and he right in front of me.

"Dylan?"

-------------------------------------

Was the guy Catherine saw really Dylan? Or was it just her imagination? Find out on the next chapter of UMBRELLA! :)

Hey guys! Sorry for the short crappy chapter :'( I'm having a writer's block T.T I promise to write a good chapter next time.

Do you want the guy to be Dylan? Let me know your thoughts on the comments :)

-SophiaMission

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 6.9K 71
**READ CAT & HER FIRST LOVE BEFORE READING THIS** Catherine: They say that true love is selfless, that it's always prepared to sacrifice one's own h...
3.3M 80.7K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
2.6K 110 32
You ever regret letting someone go and realize they were the best thing that ever happened to you? But you had to be apart only so you could protect...
61.6K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...