Since Summers

By agatharoza

The People Choice Awards 2019 Winner for Best Diverse Books Never had Autumn thought that she would break up... More

Season List of Summers Series
one : the first time
two : pokerfaced
three : good dancer
four : lies
five : easy or hard
six : the drive
seven : rumour has it
eight : the closet
nine : friends
ten : brothers
eleven : trouble in paradise
twelve : another ride
thirteen : selective memory
fourteen : reunion
fifteen : fine
sixteen : irish pub
seventeen : dead drunk
eighteen : sleepover
nineteen : when I do seduce you
twenty : bad timing
twenty one : bruised
twenty two : rest
twenty three : break
twenty four : miss
twenty five : schemes
twenty seven : milksop
twenty eight : worst
twenty nine : nerves
thirty : childlike
thirty one : past
thirty two : bullies
thirty three : regret
thirty four : a girl
thirty five : wingman
thirty six : wedding
thirty seven : brothers
thirty eight : late
thirty nine : do we ? was i ?
forty : nothing changes
forty one : sex & regrets
forty two : not since I met you
forty three : cruel
forty four : caring fella
forty five : twins
forty six : perfectly wrong
forty seven : friendzoned
forty eight : bond, james bond
forty nine : proposal
fifty : wolves
fifty one : but i do
fifty two : unexpected
fifty three : little one
fifty four : plot twist
fifty five : alive
{bridge} frazier
{bridge} promise
{bridge} new page
[pre] 1 : Match & Gasoline
[pre] 2: The Nerd's Secret
[pre] 3: First Kiss
[pre] perfection is illusion
[pre] promise me no promises
[pre] strangers
[pre] dodge a bullet
[pre] Fake Love
[pre] Careful What You Wish For
[pre] Call Me, Clark Kent
[pre] Villain X
[pre] Shame On Me
[pre] A Kissing Frog
[pre] won't go home without you
Forever Frazier

twenty six : regrets

20K 1.7K 376
By agatharoza

TYLER

"They're gone," informed Faith who could see where Autumn was since my back was on her. I was being a coward and did that on purpose because I knew if I saw the hurt in her eyes, I would abort the plan and run to her. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I saw her cry.

I did feel a rather sharp twinge of regret and ten thousand folds of guilt, but I knew it was for the best. It was the only way because as much as I hated hurting her, I would never be able to live if something happened to her.

"She will hate you, you know." Faith put one hand on my shoulder as moral support. She knew how hard it was for me to do it, yet this was the only way. "Girls don't forget things that hurt them. I'm living proof of that."

"I know." I dropped my gaze to the ground for a few seconds. When I looked up, I could see Autumn's back as she was walking further away. "I can live with her hating me." I took a deep breath to refrain from crying. "I just can't live without her"

"Are you sure you're okay on your own?" asked Faith for the seventh time this afternoon. She'd been treating me like I had a broken arm and not a broken heart.

I gave her a reassuring smile and nodded. "I'll be fine. Don't worry, I'm a big boy now."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure you are." Her tone suggested otherwise. "I'll be going then." Faith looked at the watch wrapped around her left wrist. "My PSA class is going to start in an hour."

"Have fun!"

Faith gave me an annoyed look as if telling me that there was nothing fun with school and lessons. Something came to my mind and I called her out again. She turned around with a questioning look on her face, "Yeah?"

"Faith, do you by any chance know a guy named Colton Barnes?" NYU was huge and it was nearly impossible for anyone to know everyone. But Colton Barnes was not just anyone, he was a legend in football and that was how he got into NYU scholarship program. I believed even in NYU he was as famous he was in Carlton. Plus, how many people on earth had the same surname as The Winter Soldier?

She gave it a thought. "Yeah. He's in my PSA class." Her brows rose. "Why?"

What a coincidence. A splendid one, I dared say. "Can I bother you for one last favor?"

Faith scrunched her nose as if she was going to say no but I knew her better than anyone and I could tell that she was curious about the favor, curious enough that she would pretend to sound uninterested when she asked.

"What favor?" asked her with the right amount of boredom laced in her voice. Just enough to make it sound like she wasn't really interested.

I knew how to play this. If I told her my request right away, she'd definitely say no. "How good are you in acting?"

A full grin appeared on her face. "So good. You know damn well how good I am! You watched me playing Juliet back in high school, don't you remember?"

One of the most agonizing time I'd had to endure in my life. Not because she was a terrible actress but because the guy who had played Romeo was my worst enemy. It was hard to watch your girl played an iconic role, portraying the famous love story, side by side with your enemy.

"How can I forget," I muttered under my breath. "Anyway, I need you to use your brilliant acting skill."

"For?"

"For the greater good, of course." I tried not to smile. "Will you do it?"

"Depends," answered Faith with a shrug. "How much are you willing to pay?"

I rolled my eyes. "I need you to implicitly tell Colton about what happened today."

Her face grew serious. "What? Why?"

"His girlfriend is Autumn's friend and—"

Faith quickly finished my line, "—and you want her to comfort Autumn." She let out a sigh of relief. "I know there's still good in you," she added while nodding like a proud mama. I was so sure if she'd been taller than me, she would've patted my head.

Just when she was about to depart, I gave her a smile and said, "Thanks for helping me."

She replied to me with a grin. "What are friends for."

* * * * * * *

"Will these be all?" asked Mario as he looked into the trunk of his car where three bags of my belongings were. After I'd parted ways with Faith, I'd called Mario for help. He'd agreed to let me crash at his place for a few days until I found other places to stay.

I gave him a nod and he shut the door. My mind kept replaying what had happened yesterday as I walked to the side of the car and accidentally bumped into a man with a black hoodie. "I'm sorry," I immediately muttered my apologies.

Within a few minutes, we were already on our way to his apartment on the other side of the city. It wasn't my first time being in a car with him so I didn't feel awkward by the quietness and lack of conversation. To be honest, I was glad that he didn't ask anything or try to make a conversation.

By the time I'd gotten to the apartment, Autumn was still outside so I'd quickly packed my bags and left a note.

I'm moving to Faith's. I'll pick up the rest of my stuff when I got time.

It would've been sufficed but since I'd been jealous of her relationship with Frazier, I added a few more lines.

Look after my belongings. I trust you not to lend any of them to your new boyfriend. I don't like sharing.

I felt something pressing against my ribs and pulled out the frame I'd taken from the apartment. It was a photo of us at the prom back in Carlton High. I'd been forced to wear a pink tie to match her dress. It'd been the most embarrassing thing I've ever done in my life but it was worth it. Her smile, the happiness in her eyes, and the sound of her laughter made it all worth it. I let out a deep sigh, starting to regret my decision of moving out.

"Your girlfriend?" asked Mario from behind the wheels. He glanced at the photo for a brief second and commented, "pretty."

I nodded. "She's beautiful."

"All the girls are pretty until they become troublesome." It sounded like he'd experienced it first hand and perhaps he had.

Even though what he'd said could be true, I couldn't agree with that, especially not when it was about Autumn. "She's never a trouble."

There was an awkward moment of silence before Mario opened his mouth again. "You really love her, huh?"

I knew I shouldn't say it to him, knowing he was part of the organization and I wouldn't know if he reported this to the organization or not, yet at the same time, I felt that he was probably the only person who'd understand my situation. "I do."

I carried one bag in each hand while Mario carried one and slung it over his shoulder. Once he unlocked the door, he kicked the door open as he let me walk past him. I dropped the bags on the couch since I had a feeling this apartment only had one bed so I would most likely sleep on the couch.

"Seriously, man, thank you for letting me crash here," I thanked him again.

"Ty." He stood by a wooden table and motioned me to come. "Here's the spare key." Mario handed me a set of keys and I shoved them into the pocket of my jeans.

"Thanks, man."

Mario nodded. "One more thing though."

I lifted one brow. "Yeah?" When he didn't immediately answer, I added, "what is it?"

"This." He pulled his right arm and landed a punch squarely on my jaw, causing me to stumble back and drop my ass on the floor.

I blinked in surprise. "What's that for?"

Mario looked down at me as he took three long breaths through his nose. He looked every bit angry and I had no idea what his problem was. "Why the fuck did you drag Faith into this?"

I winced. I should've known better, Mario wouldn't be pleased with the plan. Yet it wouldn't be convincing to ask a random girl to help me especially not when Colton and Jess knew what Faith really looked like. And I would bet my life that Jess had told Autumn about it in great detail. They were best friends after all.

"I've told you not to drag her into this mess. I've told you she's safer that way. Didn't you listen to a word I said yesterday?" Mario demanded, his voice rising dangerously. "Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to let her go?" He sounded like a broken-hearted man as he went.

"Then maybe you shouldn't have let her go," said a voice from the front door. We both whipped our heads and immediately sucked in our breaths as our eyes stared in disbelief. 

* * * * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 89.8K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
107K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...
157K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...