[Hellion Brothers: Book #5] V...

By xxCocoa_Creamxx

She is rude, she is immature. The only language she speaks is sarcasm. Curses are always on the tip of her to... More

Prologue
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Epilogue
Author's Note
Jun

One

1.1K 74 43
By xxCocoa_Creamxx

Before you start reading, this book is set after the on-going story 'Aequor Heart' ends, but since I'm an impatient author, I'm already updating. Don't worry, I won't leave you any spoilers from it. You already know what you need to know.

I hope you love her as much as you loved all the other characters. ❤

Xiumin

I glanced at my watch as I made my way towards the parking lot of our university. It was already 8:00 pm, but fortunately, I didn't have my Soccer practice today. It's a little tiring, being the head of Student Council in our university, but I don't back out from such responsibilities. I had to stay back for some extra work because of an upcoming fest and I had to make sure I've completed all the formalities. I thanked the other Student Council members for their work and headed towards my car.

As soon as I crossed the university gates, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I generally don't attend calls while I'm driving, but the caller ID flashed 'Yojeung'. I immediately swiped the green icon and put the phone on loudspeaker.

"Oppa, where are you?" She asked, her voice soft and innocent as always.

"I'm around our university. Why?"

"Can you buy me some snacks on your way?" She sounded distant as if she was walking around with the phone on loudspeaker.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Pepperoni Pizza with extra cheese, stuffed garlic bread and a White Chocolate Mousse to go with it. Like, for dessert." She replied. "That's all for me. You can add whatever you want as well." I couldn't help but let out a sigh at her answer.

"I thought you said snacks. That sounds like a whole course meal."

"Come on, the Pizza corner is on your way." She reasoned.

"The nearest one is in the exact opposite direction. I'll have to drive back towards our university." I replied, but when there was no response from the other line, I could already imagine her pouting. "Anything else?" I breathed out.

"No, that's it." She chimed.

I disconnected the call and looked at the road ahead. Tch, I'll have to take a U-turn now.

Yojeung is actually a really lovable little sister and I'm so happy to finally be with her, but times like this make me wonder. Do all younger siblings trouble the older ones like this? Because I really wanted to go home and sink under my warm blankets right now. Since it's early December, the weather is really cold.

I quickly ordered the food including Diet Coke because I know she'll want something to drink along with all that heavy food. After what felt like hours, my order was finally ready. I picked it up and walked outside the glass door, once again glancing at my watch. 8:30 pm. Still early, I guess.

On the sidewalk right outside the doors, I bumped into a figure. The impact must've been strong because the person fell right on their butt after bumping into me. It was a girl wearing a red and black school uniform, her hair tied into a high ponytail.

"I'm sorry, miss. Are you okay?" I asked in my usual mellow voice, even though it wasn't my fault. She was the one running without watching her track, but it's okay. I feel bad, since she fell down. I extended my hand towards her, but she stared at it and then looked up to me.

I immediately recognised her as the girl I met a few months ago. I don't know how I remembered her face so well when I only saw her for less than a few minutes, but I was sure. It was the same girl.

So, I'm just going to briefly explain what happened. I was walking by a coffee shop when I absentmindedly bumped into an unknown figure and that time, I admit it was my fault. She didn't fall or anything, but dropped her Ice Candy on the ground and as what she described, "It died." She looked at me like I committed homicide and the next thing she asked was, "How are you going to take responsibilty?"

I suggested I could buy her another one, but she only responded with a sour, "It's okay." Rude would be an understatement to her behaviour. But, I'm not the person that insists on having the last word, so I quietly walked away.

I snapped back to the current situation as she stood up on her own, overlooking my hand as she pushed me away by my arm. "Move." She whispered before hastening towards one of the alleyways by the building. I was confused by her actions, but it all made sense when I saw three boys around her age, heading in my direction. Unlike her, they wore a grey coloured uniform so maybe they studied in a different school. Their faces were flushed with anger, one of them even holding a Baseball bat.

"Are you sure she went this way?" One of them asked and the other nodded helplessly. I was the only person on that footpath, so the boys naturally walked up to me.

"Have you seen a girl wearing red and black coloured school uniform? She is about as tall as this guy." The one with the weapon asked as he pointed at the guy beside him. Should I tell them?

"Yes." I answered. "She went that way." I pointed at the road ahead and the boys hurriedly thanked me and bowed down before rushing towards the direction I guided. After I was sure they were out of vision, I called out to her. "You can come out now."

She peeked out, looked left and right as if she didn't trust me and after she was sure the boys were gone, she stepped outside. I wanted to suggest that she could inform the cops, but I didn't know how she'd react, so I just remained quiet.

She narrowed her eyes at me as if scanning my appearance. When I raised an eyebrow at her, she spoke up. "You're the Ice Candy one, aren't you?" So, she remembers. It's weird how we both remember such an unimportant encounter, but I didn't want this conversation to progress anymore, so instead of agreeing to it, I only gave her a skeptic look. "Nevermind." She waved her hand.

"Okay, then." I said and awkwardly turned around to walk back towards the parking lot, but I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked back at her and it looked like she was having an internal debate on what she should say.

"You helped me." She said with furrowed eyebrows. I expected a 'thank you' or some other words of gratitude coming up, but she only stood there looking at me in confusion.

"You looked like you needed it." I shrugged. "Why were they chasing you in the first place?" I wasn't supposed to ask that, but I guess curiosity got the best of me.

"That's a long story." She sighed.

"Is there anywhere I can drop you?" I asked and once again, she shook her head. Honestly, I didn't even want to offer because I didn't have the energy or patience to drive more, if she lived far that is. But, it was already late and she was being chased by furious teenagers with Baseball bats. I'd live the rest of my life in guilt if I didn't make an attempt on taking her home safely.

"I'll call my driver." She refused my offer and then took an unexpected step forward. She studied my face with an amused expression as she stared at me for longer than is considered polite.

"What school do you attend?" She interrogated as she crossed her arms against her chest, narrowing her eyes at me. It did offend me a little, since I'm pretty sure I don't look like a school boy to outsiders.

"Daehan univ-" I started, hoping to clear out the fact that I was older than her, but she beat me to it.

"Daehan High School?" She exclaimed. "I go to the same school, then how come I don't know you?"

"That's because-"

"Anyway, are you in your sophomore year?" She dropped question after question, not sparing me a chance to tell her she was mistaken.

"No, I'm-"

"Freshman year then." She nodded. Why isn't she letting me talk? Why does she keep jumping to conclusions on her own?

"Listen, I'm trying to say-" Once again, she didn't let me finish.

"Since you saved me today and I just learned that you're an adorable hoobae of mine, noona will make an exception with you." She said as she raised her hand and patted my head softly. I immediately swatted her hand away and shot a glare in her direction. I don't really have a friends' circle apart from the Hellions. The closest I've been to other people is an acquaintance. No one had ever treated me that way, so the simple interaction made me feel like she was mocking my appearance. As if I looked like a little boy in her eyes. But I knew how to keep my calm, so instead of an abrupt rant, I rephrased my sentence.

"What are you getting at?" I asked, bleeding a little annoyance in my tone.

"If anyone ever troubles you or gives you a hard time in school, just inform me. I don't have a gang or anything, but I can make their life miserable at school for you." She smiled at me, her eyes crinkling in the corners. Even though she said such unusual stuff, her smile looked genuine as if she really meant what she said. "I'm not joking!" She said a little louder as if to prove her point. It would be useless to explain anything to her, since her way of speaking didn't suggest that she was the type who'd listen. Besides, I'm not even sure I'd cross paths with her again. I remembered the pizza in my carry bag that must've gotten cold by now, so I decided to put an end to this conversation.

"I'll get going." I said and she nodded in response. I removed my hands from my pocket and tightened the jacket around my body. After I walked a few steps ahead, I heard her calling out to me.

"You dropped this." She said and I turned around to find her crouching down to pick up my wolf-shaped pin. As soon as her thumb brushed against the metallic surface of the bluish-silver pin, she froze. Her face paled and eyes widened in shock as if she was seeing something I couldn't see. No one could.

Eventually, her eyes fell shut and her knees gave up on her and before I knew, she was already falling down.

I rushed in her direction and swiftly wrapped an arm around her waist in order to prevent her from hitting the ground. "Miss, are you okay?" I tapped her cheek with my free hand and even shook her a little, but she didn't wake up.

The situation left me puzzled and I could only wonder; why did she respond that way when she touched the pin?

And what's this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach?

You'll know her name in the next chapter XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 238 27
What happens when the world is suddenly void of all people over the age of thirty and under the age of twenty? Where have they all gone? What will be...
17.8K 1K 32
Everything started with hatred towards each other but they are still together in front of others. Facade of clouded emotion, love and compassion, the...
119K 4.7K 38
What will happen when the bullied Baekhyun meets his brothers friends after having not even one friend for the eighteen years of his life? Warnings:...
52.5K 1.6K 60
When four angels struggle to live on Earth, they used their powers for help. But that's not the case. They're stuck on Earth as they try to find ways...