The Prince's Hired Girlfriend

By ladyhushy

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Who are you? What are you doing in my bed?! Oh my God aaaaaaahhhhh! What did you do to m... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 27

978 41 1
By ladyhushy

Saturday, the day for the queen's charity ball, came. Mona is edgy since she woke up. She kept seeing an image of something bad to happen at the ball. This will be her very first appearance at a palace event and she is sure Isabella will be there. She is worried and wondering what's the queen have planned for Harry and Isabella tonight.

She haven't seen Harry since he left for Scotland. He had to stay there for a few more days and just got back today. Although they talked on the phone everyday, she still misses him so much. She can't wait to see him tonight. Due to the busy preparations for the ball and since he just got back, he won't be able to pick her up. Drew will bring her to the palace and she'll just meet with Harry there, which added to Mona's nervousness. She is not looking forward to arriving at the ball without Harry by her side. She needs him to be there holding her hand. Although this saddens her, she understands why Harry can't pick her up. Just suck it up Mona, you'll be just fine! she murmured to herself.

"...and you're ready Miss Moonlight. Aaahhh you look spectacular!" Jane exclaimed, looking at Mona with adoration. She did Mona's hair while Mary did her make up. Mona looked at the mirror and she couldn't help but smile. The two truly have magical hands. She felt lucky to have them.

"Now it's time to put on your ball gown and I'm so excited! Follow me!" Mary said excitedly while clapping her hands. Jane and Mona followed her to the other side of the walk in closet. Mona held her breath when she saw the red ball gown that Jane is holding.

"I'm wearing that?!" She finally asked in a high pitched voice which confused Jane and Mary.

"Uhh...you don't like it Miss?" Mary asked with worries in her eyes. Mona felt guilty for her reaction.

"No, that's not it Mary, please don't get me wrong. I love it, that's the prettiest gown I have ever seen. It's just that, isn't it too much? I'm not sure I can pull it off. I don't want to get so much attention there, in fact, I'd rather be invisible, if only I have that super powers." Mona said half laughing.

"You will fit in just fine there Miss Moonlight and don't worry, the ladies there are wearing even more glamorous gowns. You wouldn't look overdressed, you'd only look like a princess with this, just like the other ladies there." Mary sympathetically said with a sweet smile which made Mona feel better.

"Okay. Thank you ladies. I don't know what I would do without you both." Mona said before hugging them. The two assisted her in wearing the ball gown. The two became speechless staring at her.

"Hmmm how do I look?" Mona asked smiling.

"Perfect. You look perfect Miss Moonlight. His Royal Highness will be falling head over heels when he sees you." Jane said in awe which made Mona smile.

Mona is wearing a red monochromatic velvet gown that fits her perfectly. She looks like a real princess. Jane and Mary have no doubt that she will be the most beautiful lady at the ball. No matter what Mona wears, she would stand out. Mona couldn't stop staring at herself in the mirror. The two ladies are right, she looks perfect. Please Lord God, don't let anything awful happen tonight, Mona whispered.

"Wow! Look at you, princess. You look perfect! The prince will be pleased! Wonderful job ladies!" Dane exclaimed when she saw Mona, which startled the latter.

"I'm so nervous Dane. I wish you could come with me."

"Me too lovey but you will be just fine. Just be yourself, okay? If something goes wrong, just call me and I will be there to rescue you but I know your prince won't let anything bad happen to you so calm down."

"Thank you lovey. This is all for Harry, he's all worth it."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that. But I came to tell you that Drew is already waiting for you. Come, I'll walk you out to the car." Dane said half laughing.

Mona said goodbye to Jane and Mary. Mary handed Mona a black velvet clutch before she left with Dane by her side. Drew is waiting before the main door, Dane gave Mona a tight hug before Drew opened the door for Mona.

"Promise me you'll have fun tonight? Do not worry about anything, okay?" Dane said before letting Mona go.

"I will try lovey. Thank you."

"Good enough for me. Alright, go! I love you."

"I love you. Bye." Mona said to Dane before signaling Drew to open the door.

As soon as the door opens, Mona stopped then she smiled sweetly. Harry is right there standing before the car, looking at her intensely. He looked so handsome in his formal wear. Mona ran to him not minding her ball gown getting in the way. Harry welcome her in his arms and hugged her tight like he hasn't seen her in years. He started raining kisses on her face.

"God, you look spectacular my love! I missed you so much, you have no idea!"

"I missed you too babe and you look handsome as ever! I thought you're not gonna pick me up?"

"No way. I will never let you come to the palace and enter the ballroom without me holding your hand, princess. I just wanted to surprise you."

"Awww I love you so much. Thank you babe. I was so nervous."

"I'm sorry princess. I didn't mean to make you feel nervous. Let's go?"

"Let's go."

Harry opened the door for Mona and helped her sit comfortably. As soon as they got inside the car, Harry handed Mona a beautiful bouquet of pink roses.

"A beautiful bouquet for my beautiful lady."

"Why thank you my handsome prince."

They both laughed. Mona leaned her head on Harry's chest while smelling the roses. She can hear his heartbeat. Harry felt home, the feeling that he always felt whenever he's with Mona. He hoped that nothing bad would happen at the ball and that the queen wouldn't do anything to make Mona uncomfortable or worse, humiliate her.

"Are you still nervous sweetheart?" Harry asked. He really wants her to feel comfortable and enjoy tonight.

"Not when you're beside me. Promise me, you won't leave me alone tonight?" Mona answered, looking at Harry with pleading eyes. Harry felt a bit of pain in his heart seeing Mona's pleading eyes so he wasn't able to say anything back. He felt bad that Mona had to go through what he had to go through just for her love for him.

"I mean...I'm sorry if I sounded clingy. It's just that, I don't know anyone there and..I...I know the press will be all over me..and..and.." Harry didn't let her finish. He could not stand seeing her looking like that, he kissed her passionately. They were both panting when the kiss ended.

"I will never leave you alone my love. I promise to be by your side, holding your hand the entire time. I'm sorry you have to go through this for me. I really wish you didn't have to but this is part of who I am."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm just scared I would mess up and embarrass you and your family if you leave me alone."

"You will never embarrass me so don't think that, alright?"

"Alright."

The car started entering the palace grounds and Mona is starting to feel nervous again because she remembers the deal. She started wondering what Isabella looks like. Of course she's stunning, her mind screamed. She tried to push the thought about the deal away and focused on the handsome prince beside her.

A/N: Hello guys, thank you for patiently waiting for my updates! It means a lot. I hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think.

Don't forget to vote, add this to your reading list and follow me, loveys. ~Aireen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 329K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
10K 342 10
It's time for the London Comic Con, you're surprising your 8 year old niece for her birthday by taking her to meet & greet with Joseph Quinn. It doe...
171K 8.6K 45
I rounded the corner to the hall, only to smack into something. "I'm so sorry," I apologized, reaching down to pick up a book that had fallen. My he...
4.7K 723 120
"As his tongue slid in between mine I felt as if I could have melted into his arms. Just from his touch my mind was sent into a dizzy and confused st...