Socially Awkward

Da codys_fly

Lexi is a typical british teenager, who moves to LA when her mum gets a job in the theatre business. Little d... Altro

Socially Awkward
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Four

448 18 12
Da codys_fly

‘One more day!!!’ I screamed, waking Madison up.

‘What, it’s too early.’ She yawned before turning over and going back to sleep.

Okay then, I’ll explode on my own.

I couldn’t get over how much I had to do today. Pack a case, do all my tutor work and so much more. I don’t even think I’ll get to see Cody today.

*Insert sad face here*

I climbed over Madison and went to my bathroom. I quickly showered and packed most of my wash stuff, leaving my toothbrush for tonight and the morning.

I couldn’t put into words how excited I was. I got dressed and Madison finally emerged from her cave. 

‘Do you mind if I have a shower?’ She said, rubbing her eyes.

‘Sure, fresh towels are in the basket!’ I said, pointing to the woven basket in my bathroom.

‘Thanks!’ She said before closing the door.

I opened my laptop and I saw a message from Cody on my twitter.

‘FaceTime me babe? Xo’ It read.

I logged into FaceTime and saw Cody’s user name flash green. My laptop began making the annoying ringing sound that FaceTime makes. I clicked answer.

‘Hey baby!’ I laughed.

‘Hey, I need some help packing!’ He smiled.

‘How am I meant to do that when I’m here?’ I said jokingly.

‘Well, help me pick then!’ He said sarcastically.

‘Good. And I need help packing as well, seeing as I have no idea what to wear.’ I said.

For the next hour we both held things up to the camera and did a ‘yay or ney’ session. I couldn’t get my suitcase closed by the end but after sitting Madison on it holding a couple of telephone directories, it closed.

‘Okay, I better go babe, got a ton of tutor work to do! See you tomorrow! I’m so excited!’ I beamed.

‘Speak to you later honey!’ He said, before logging out.

‘I better go, or my mum will get mad! Thanks for letting me stay, and see you next week! Have an amazing time Lexi!’ Madison said before giving me a huge hug.

‘Thank you and I will!’ I smiled.

‘What is the average of… blah blah blah.’

With my tutor work done, I decided to venture downstairs and get some brunch, seeing as it was 11 am. My mum was sat organizing some scripts from the acting course the day before.

‘Morning sweetie!’ Mum said, before burying her head back into the piles of paper.

‘Morning.’ I smiled, scanning the breakfast cupboard for the appropriate breakfast snack. Oh my gosh I should start a cooking show, I’m going to apply that to my things to do list.

Done. Get in.

‘And apply the milk to the cereal in the appropriate quantity, do not apply to much, you will end up with a bowl of shredded wheatpaste.’ I own this stuff.

The next time I looked at the clock it was 2pm, I have no idea what I did to kill three hours. I ran upstairs to make sure I had everything. I also tested the weight of my suitcase and it turned out, I couldn't lift it off the ground. Brilliant. I fought with the zip to open the suitcase again and it practically exploded. I searched for my smaller suitcase and transferred some stuff to this, seeing as I could have up to three suitcases. 

Once it was lift able, probably by Cody but not by myself, I dragged it along the floor and rested it against the wall, along with my clothes for tomorrow and my coat. Then I sat and clock watched for what felt like a day but was actually half an hour.

I need to get out of the house, or find something remotely productive to do.

But what? What is there to do? 

Another half an hour passed, and it was now 5pm. Maybe I should eat?

That sounds like a plan.

I walked down stairs; I fell on the bottom step but picked myself up again. I don’t really know why I told you that! Just to make sure you are still awake really.

I just ate some pizza for tea, and I tried to eat it as slow as possible so that it would waste time. My mum was still sat in the same place, looking like her eyeballs were about to detach from her body so I passed her her glasses. I’m such a caring daughter sometimes.

I decided to FaceTime Cody again, because I needed to see his face and hear his voice. I answered my own question, ‘is it possible to feel this way about somebody?’ and the fact that I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms says yes. Yes you can. 

‘Hey!’ I said, slumping on my bed.

‘Hey babe.’ He smiled. He was wearing glasses, something that I’d never seen him do before, He looked cute. I liked it.

‘I never knew you wear glasses!’ I said, squirming to get comfy.

‘Haha, I don’t. These are fake, just fancied getting some.’ He laughed, also joining me in the attempt to get comfy.

‘Well in that case…’ I paused, straining to reach the geek style glasses on my bedside table. I put them on and pulled a weird face before returning to sight.

‘HOLA!’ I said.

He laughed really hard and I did too. I think it’s got to the stage where he’s not only my boyfriend but my BEST friend too, and that was really special. I could tell him anything and I think he can tell me anything. It was amazing.

‘Bonjour!’ He said, throwing his finger above his top lip to act as a moustache.

‘At least you can grow a moustache in the future; I’m going to be moustache less for life. Forever moustache less.’ I said and we both burst out laughing.

Before I knew it it was 11pm and I told Cody I should really go to bed.

‘Ahh really, well, night then sweetie. Can’t wait until tomorrow!’ He said, blowing me a virtual kiss. I pretend caught it and blew one back.

‘Night babe!’ I said before shutting my laptop.

I crawled under my blanket and finally got comfy, then realised I was still wearing my glasses. Darn.

I tried to edge them off my face using my nose and eyebrow power to avoid having to get up, but it didn’t work. I sat up and pulled them from my face before laying back down again.

Take Two. Ahhh.

My alarm sounded like an earthquake at 5 am in the morning. I moaned and grunted at it before snapping into reality. Once I’d realised, I don’t think I could’ve jumped out of bed faster, I nearly hit my head on the ceiling.

My mum burst in to make sure I was up, but left as soon as she saw me jumping on my bed. She returned around 5 minutes later and told me to calm down. We were leaving for Cody’s house at 6am, just enough time for me to eat food.

‘Lex are you ready?’ Mum yelled from downstairs. She very rarely called me Lex, it was nice to have a bit of a change.

‘I’m coming!’ I yelled, fighting a losing battle with my suitcase. When I’d finally got it moving, I threw my jacket on and grabbed my handbag. It looked like I was going away for months, not 5 days, but who cares. Well my arms and spine do but ahhh well.

Mum pulled the car to a stop and I saw Cody loading luggage into the limo. He waved at me and walked over to open the gate.

‘Hello Mrs Hinslet!’ Cody smiled, grabbing the bags that my mum was attempting to lift. You could see by his face that they were heavier than he’d expected but he went through the pain, aww my little trooper. LOL is it weird that I just laughed at myself. Add comedian to my list of things to do aswell. I’m on fiyyyya!

‘Bye Mum!’ I said, starting to well up for no reason what so ever. Guess I was just going to miss her.

‘Have an amazing time darling!’ She said.

‘I’ll call you when I get there, I love you!’ I said, as I got in the limo.

‘Love you too sweetie!’ She said, waving as the car pulled away.

Cody fell asleep in the limo, and I did too, but Brad didn’t, I could hear him talking to the driver all of the way. He had a nice accent, I felt like shouting ‘say more words Brad.’ but I restrained because I was so tired.

‘Flight 376 to Brisbane Airport now calling all passengers.’

AHHHHH. AHHHHH.AHHHHH.

Cody held my hand and Brad led the way to the first class bit. I’d never flown in first class before, exciting!

When we were in the sky, haha I guess that’s how you’d put it, Cody turned around to face me. 

‘Hey, I forgot to give you this!’ He said, searching in his pocket for something.

‘What? You didn’t have to get me anything!’ I said, a little overwhelmed.

He pulled out a little box with a bow on it and a tag.

‘Happy early birthday Lexi. Thank you for making this the best seven months of my life, Love Cody xoxo <3’ the tag read.

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I’m crying. Oh my gosh.

I opened it and saw a silver promise ring. It was beautiful. I just sat and stared at it for ever. 

‘Shall I put it on?’ Cody smiled, or at least I think he did, I couldn’t see through my own tears.

I nodded. He took it out of the box and placed it on my finger.

‘Th… Thank you so much!’ I blubbered.

‘Do you like it?’ He smiled again.

I lurched across the seat and gave him the biggest hug.

‘Is that a yes?’ He laughed.

I nodded.

‘I love you.’ I said.

The end.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

563K 12.5K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...