Chapter Six

He lent even closer, I could feel him breathing.

CHEESEBALLS.

‘You’ve got a fly on your shoulder!’ he said.

Oh thank God. Thank you so much.

‘Haha!’ I said, sighing with relied. I seriously thought he was going to kiss me then. LEGIT.

‘So, can I have my cereal back now? Pleaaaaaaase!’ He said, taking my attention up to his face.

We made eye contact for around 10 seconds, the longest 10 seconds of my life. They say it takes 4 seconds of silence for a situation to become awkward, so imagine how it felt then!

He lent over.

Not this again.

Closer and closer… then grabbed his cereal out of my hands. I should have seen that coming.

‘Smooth!’ I said, sarcastically.

‘You didn’t think I was going to kiss you did you?’ He laughed.

‘NO.’ I lied.

‘Would you have liked that?’ he questioned.

HOLY CHEESEBALLS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THAT???

Just on queue Alli walked in and Cody walked back to the counter. I wanted to shout ‘THANK YOU ALLI.’ but of course, I didn’t.

‘You woke up then?’ Cody laughed sarcastically.

Alli threw a spoon at him.

Interesting.

They both started laughing. I swear down that you will never EVER meet siblings with a better relationship than they have. EVER. I challenge you to. 

We sat at the table to finish breakfast, talking about stuff. Just stuff whilst waiting for Jake to finish in the shower.

We all put our phones on the table. All white iPhones. Next to each other. Irrelevant now, but you’ll see why I included this later.

When we’d finished breakfast and talked for a while, Alli and I decided to go upstairs and give each other manicures. We left Cody and Jake (who had finally appeared), grabbed our phones and ran upstairs. 

I was painting Alli’s nails and she stood up to get some smaller brushes, seeing as we were doing tuxedos. She quickly ran to the bathroom whilst I sat on the bed. My phones buzzed and I looked at the screen.

It was from Jake, odd! I didn’t even know I had his number.

Wait. THIS WAS CODY’S PHONE.

I resisted looking at the message preview. I didn’t want to know what it said, not much. It wasn’t my phone to look at so I didn’t.

I quickly ran downstairs and found Cody, talking to Jake.

‘Hey Cody, I picked up your phone by mistake!’ I said.

I saw Jake nervously glance at Cody.

‘You didn’t read the preview of the message I just sent him did you?’ He blurted.

‘No, I was about to, but then I realised it wasn’t my phone! Aww was it private?’ I said, smirking.

‘NO.’ He barked.

‘Well why did you text him then?’ I laughed. He looked at me really seriously. This message was serious. I think he knew what I was thinking.

He did.

I grabbed the phone that I’d set down on the counter and both Jake and Cody jumped out of their seats and sprung across the kitchen. 

I ran to the corner and turned my back to them, sheltering the phone. I was laughing but they weren't, which made me want to read it more.

I fumbled to press the middle button. I pressed it and the message flashed up on the screen. BINGO.

I glared at it intensively and Jake and Cody groaned before making a final useless attempt to grab the phone out of my hand.

I read the preview. And froze.

Oh my holy cheeseballs.