Chapter Two

‘Um, Alexia. Well, I prefer Lexi.’ I replied. Oh god, how awkward can I get? Rhetorical, don’t answer that.

‘That’s pretty, I like it!’ He smiled.

‘Um, thanks! Um (seriously stop with the ums girl, you are not meditating!) anyway, thanks for, well, catching me I guess! I don’t really know how I didn’t see that chair.’ I said. My hands started sweating, what usually happens when I get nervous. 

‘Ahh don’t mention it.’ he replied. He stood cocked on one leg with his arms almost folded, but very loosely. He scanned me over intensively. He smiled, surely that’s reassuring? 

‘I’m going to go and greet these people now, nice meeting you! Maybe I’ll see you around?’ he said, before walking towards a large crowd of people that had gathered around the entrance. 

The place soon filled up but people were still arriving. I occasionally heard Alli scream and jump in delight. She was absolutely stunning. Her dress was an Alexander McQueen classic; it was a black almost silk looking fabric. It was a one shoulder style that was decorated with an array of different silver sequins. She looked like she'd just stepped off of a catwalk. She was only wearing a light covering of makeup and she was definitely a natural beauty. 

Madison and Alli called me over to where they were dancing and I joined them. We spent most of the night doing the chicken dance, which is pretty much the only dance I can do, not going to lie. We spent the rest of the night laughing and Alli told me about what her boyfriend, Ash, had bought her for her birthday. Alli and Madison made me feel so welcome and by the end of the night it was like we’d known each other for years. 

The party ended around midnight and it was an amazing evening! The only drama was one of Alli’s fake nails fell off, but luckily I had some spare glue in my bag, for emergencies. Apart from that the evening was very smooth. I didn’t see Cody for the rest of the night; he was hanging around with another boy his age. I heard Cody call him Jake, but I wasn’t about to yell it to get clarification. Could you imagine? *casually dancing, yells JAKE and looks away, but still looks out of the corner of my eye to see if he responds* Yes, I am that awkward.

The next day I woke up quite early, which was unusual seeing as I didn’t go to bed until way past 2am. I climbed out of bed and dragged myself to my bathroom. A nice hot shower should wake me up properly!

It was Monday, and on Monday my tutor always came around to give me homework and, do what normal tutors do. She also comes on a Thursday and a Friday. I walked downstairs and raided the cereal cupboard before getting dressed. I usually wear my ‘sluggs’ on a Monday, so I just threw on a hoodie and some joggers and tied my hair back in a simple ponytail. I didn’t bother with any makeup, I wasn’t attempting to pull with my tutor. 

‘And then the Tudors…’ *yawns*

After around 2 hours of tutoring, I headed back to my room to do some work. I was sat on my bed searching things on my laptop when my phone rang, the caller ID flashed Alli’s name. I had given her my number after her party so we could meet up sometime.

‘Hello!’ I said, quite excitedly because she was a delight to talk to,in all honesty.

*silence*

‘Hello?’ I said again, confusedly.

The caller hung up.

‘That’s odd.’