Socially Awkward

By codys_fly

Lexi is a typical british teenager, who moves to LA when her mum gets a job in the theatre business. Little d... More

Socially Awkward
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Three

387 8 0
By codys_fly

‘No I don’t think Jake is coming with us, he comes back to Aus in two weeks I believe, after some photoshoot he’s doing.’ Cody smiled.

OH thank the lord. Bow down to the cheeseballs.

‘Aww that’s a shame!’Giorgia said. 

‘Yup, it will just be yourself, Lexi and I.’ He said, slipping his arm around my neck. I sat with my knees to my stomach and held his hand in my right hand.

‘Aww, you guys are so cute!’ Giorgia said, laughing to herself.

We didn’t speak for too long, seeing as it was way past midnight in Australia. 

‘Goodnight guys! I can’t wait to see you, and finally meet you in person Lexi!’ Giorgia laughed/yawned.

‘Night, and you too!’ I said as Cody shut his laptop. It was only about 4pm here, so it felt weird saying night.

‘What do you wanna do?’ Cody laughed, I have no idea why.

‘Umm, you chose babe!’ I said. He was still sat with his arm around my neck but I had shifted my head onto his shoulder.

‘You’ve never seen our pool have you?’ He asked.

‘No!’ I said, sitting up.

‘Well, Alli and everybody should be home soon, you want to go for a swim?’ He smiled.

‘Sure!’ I said. 

Wow.

About half an hour later they returned home and in that time I’d run home and got some swim stuff.

I walked back in the door to find Alli and Cody stood by the pool, waiting for me. Jake was there too… oh no. I decided to just talk to him if he spoke to me and to try and forget what had happened between us, because nothing had really. Or had it? 

No.

Cody saw me through the window of the pool and walked through to greet me. He grabbed my hand and we went through to the pool. The pool room was huge, with slides and a huge glass door leading to the garden, which was beautiful. The sun was scorching, so Cody opened the door to let some air in.

I stood at the side next to Alli and Cody jumped in and Jake followed. Before I knew it, Alli had grabbed my hand and pulled me in with her. I resurfaced and brushed my hair away from my eyes.

‘That was FUN!’ She said, beaming. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this girl without at least a small smile on her face, she was inspirational.

Cody swam over to me and lifted me up out of the water. I splashed him cheekily and he dunked me in. I nearly choked on water from laughing as I fell!

We were in the pool for at least an hour, having races, being dunked by each other, etc.

It was so much fun! I swear down I have the best life ever!

‘Hey, do we still have those water guns in the closet?’ Alli said.

‘Yeah, shall I go and get them?’ Cody said. Too late, he was going, and Jake followed him. Why it took two of them I’ll never know, must be a boy thing, but then again I wasn’t about to start complaining that Jake had left.

That was really mean, I take that back!

I was thinking about telling Alli about the current happenings with Jake, seeing as we finally had some time on our own, which didn’t happen very often, through no fault of our own!

‘Hey Alli, can I ask you something?’ I said.

Jake and Cody walked back through.

‘Oh, never mind!’ I said.

Darn.

They filled up the water guns and passed them to Alli and I. Cody grabbed my hand and led me outside. We decided to be on teams, seeing as I would most likely get lost on the way around their garden. I was on Cody’s team and Alli was with Jake.

‘Okay, we have 1 minute to separate. I’ll whistle when we can start shooting!’ Cody said, all seriously.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to a hidden corner of the garden, whilst Alli and Jake ran in the opposite direction.

‘Okay, I know when we usually do this; Jake always goes to the corner just down there.’ He said pointing to the opposite corner.

‘Follow behind they rose path and you’ll get there! I’m going to go this way and go to where Alli always hides.’ He said.

‘Okay, think I can do that!’ I said, doubting myself fully. If I had a map to follow the yellow brick road, I’d still get lost, or hold the map the wrong way around. I’m awkward, leave me alone.

Cody whistled and I ran down the rose path. 

Just follow the path, the path that is in front of me. I don’t see the path. Oh wait, there it is.

I saw Jake run exactly where Cody said he would be. Here goes nothing.

I jumped out and blasted him with water.

He did the same back and we started laughing. This was better; this was something I could handle.

He walked over to me and stood really close… No No No No No.

I nervously laughed (as I do) and he kept moving closer. I jokingly sprayed him with water but he pushed the gun towards the ground. I started edging backwards, until I hit a bush. He seriously looked like he was going to kiss me. I remembered what Cody said about how went out with Amy whilst they were still dating. Surely he wouldn’t do this again?

Well, not that I’d let him! 

I should’ve told Alli! Why do I have to be so stupid?

I turned around and faced Jake and he lent in. I’m pretty sure I leant back but there was no escape. He didn’t kiss me, but he was so close to doing so he may as well have just done it. Actually I’m glad he didn’t! I had no interest in Jake, I had no interest in anybody but Cody! I love him with all my heart and, when he gives me the chance to, I’ll tell him.

Cody turned the corner to see my back and Jake close to me.

I heard him drop his water gun. He walked straight over and pulled me away.

‘What the hell is going on here?’ He said, his face was turning red.

‘You saw what you saw.’ Jake said, arrogantly.

‘No you didn’t!’ I said, trying to stay calm.

With that, boom. Cody punched Jake in the face. Oh my god. 

‘Cody, it’s not what it looked like, seriously!’ I said, desperately trying to calm him down.

‘How could you Alexia?’ He spat, before running off.

I started crying. 

Alli walked over to see Cody running one way, me crying like a loser and Jake comforting his bloody nose.

‘What the?’ Alli said.

‘Just go and see Cody!’ I bawled.

‘Please calm him down, I need to explain!’ I said, choking on my own tears.

She ran off in Codys direction.

‘You couldn’t just leave it could you?’ I yelled. I didn’t even know what I was saying. My emotions were all jumbled, I didn’t know up from down or left from right.

‘What?’ He said, wiping his nose.

‘You don’t think I noticed all of these times you’ve tried this?! How could you do that to Cody, again?’ I practically screamed.

‘You were giving me mixed messages.’ He snarled.

‘How DARE you? How can you even look me in the eye and say that?’ I yelled.

‘Fine, but I dig you.’ He said.

‘I don’t care; I’m with Cody, your BEST friend. If you’ve wrecked this with him I will NEVER forgive you, I can’t, urg.’ I said. I ran as fast as I could in the direction Cody ran. My eyes were burning from crying so much. Everything was a blur.

I ran in the door and up the stairs. Alli was at the top after just leaving Cody’s room.

‘Alli!’ I whaled. I was seriously a wreck.

‘Please tell me he believes me, please.’ I cried.

She hugged me and told me to give him a while. I fell to the floor. It sounds like an overreaction but you never know how much somebody means to you until there’s a chance you’ll lose them. Alli picked me up and wiped my tears.

‘You just need to give him some time, he’ll listen to what you have to say!’ She said.

I thought it would be best if I just went home. 

I got to my room and sat on my bed, rubbing my eyes. I didn’t know how it could’ve gotten this way. I wished with all my heart I’d told somebody about Jake. I am such an idiot.

It was 7pm and it was the first time that I’d ever felt lonely. I didn’t want to text Cody, I was too scared.

The doorbell rang. I hesitantly walked down the stairs and looked through the peep hole. It was Cody.

Oh god.

I opened the door the slowest I’ve ever opened it in my life. I don’t really know why, because I wasn’t guilty of anything.

‘Hey.’ He said, standing awkwardly on the door step.

‘Hey.’ I said.

‘Umm. Can I come in?’ He said. You could tell by his eyes that he’d been crying.

‘Sure, go through.’ I said, trying to break a smile.

Cheeseballs.

He sat on the couch and I sat next to him.

‘Jake told me. Everything.’ He said, looking at me.

‘I’m sorry.’ I said, welling up again.

‘You don’t have anything to be sorry for, it’s me who should be sorry.’ He said.

‘No, I really am. I should have told you!’ I cried.

‘It’s fine, we’re chill.I told Jake to find somewhere else to stay though.’ He said, putting his arm around me and hugging me. His hand was grazed from where he'd hit Jake, I assume.

I hugged him back so hard, and cried a little bit as I did so.

'I'm sorry babe, that must've been hard!' I said.

I could tell he was hurt. Jake had done the same thing to him twice, but the first time he’d gotten the girl too. But no way was I ever leaving Cody, ever.

Cody hugged me and said he had to leave, he had to help Jake pack some stuff. He'd just wanted to clear things up on our part first. I had to feel bad for him, but he was being incredibly strong right now.

My mum came home later than expected, around eleven and Madison had come with her too. She said it was too late to be taken home as her Mum would have been in bed.

Sleepover it is.

Of course she wanted to know all that had happened and it was so hard to tell her without blubbering. Lol I am a loser at the best of times.

I woke up late the next morning and Madison was still fast asleep. Then I remembered, I GO TO AUSTRALIA TOMORROW!! 

I instantly reached for my phone but Cody had beaten me too it.

‘One more day babe!’ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
289K 13.9K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
207K 9.4K 59
Orm Kornnaphat's feelings for Lingling Sirilak have undergone a transformation over time. Initially, at the age of 11, Orm held an unromantic, platon...
55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...