The Wolves Book 1: Call of th...

By Nryssa7247

Wolves, Elves, Dragons, and Magic, this story is a fairytale with a twist. ~ My name is Anabelle. At least I... More

Author Note
PART 1- Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
PART 2- Summary/Description
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
PART 3- Summary/Description
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
PART 4- Summary/Description
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note -revised-

Chapter 9

623 18 2
By Nryssa7247

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dreamland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BE FOREWARNED~ This chapter changes practically the whole plot so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the forest. There was fog on the ground and mist in the air. In front of me was the wolf spirit, with red hair.

"What do you want?" I hissed as she approached.

"I come to you today bearing unfortunate news." She said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"One of the Alphas from the North is planning to come here and challenge your Alpha." She said.

"Why is that bad?" I asked. I'm sure Aiden got tons of challenges to become leader.

"When this Alpha challenges another, he does not let them live. It is a battle to the death. And unfortunately it isn't looking good for Aiden." She replied.

I gasped, my eyes widening.

"He's gonna die?" I asked my heart splitting in two.

"Only if we don't do something." She said.

"What can we do?" I asked.

"Wait. First let me give you some background. This man murders for pleasure. He killed your mother and father." She said, solemn.

"Mom and dad?" I said, in shock, my heart breaking even more.

"The only reason I care is because he will kill every innocent wolf who won't bow down to him. He might even kill you. He will eventually bring the world to ruin, leading to our extinction." She said.

"So what can I do?" I asked.

"You have a power, deep within you, that has not yet awakened." She replied.

A power. You have got to be kidding me. I am now some magical being, aside from the eyes and being able to turn into a wolf.

She continued, " Your powers can help you, and will help you in the future."

"Wait. Why do I have powers all of a sudden? I was just an ordinary girl with cool eyes not too long ago."

"You are the reincarnation of a very special someone's daughter. She lived her life with her elf king and lover. She never found her mate, but she was happy with another. That was because her mate had died young. He was around age eight when he was killed in the forest by an unknown evil. They were the king and queen of elves, when wolves and elves lived in harmony. That was a very long time ago, back when wolves still lived with elves. She was half wolf and half elf. She lived in the kingdom of Avalon in the world of Faery, a world independent of the human one, living as a Luna's daughter and a queen. She had amazing powers that kept their world in harmony. Until evil took over the mind of a few wolves. They were greedy. They wanted the crown for themselves. They gathered up forces of darkness and took over the kingdom. The queen used all of her powers to suppress them and banish them from Faery. Avalon was in ruin. The queen was dying and powerless, the king was assassinated. Many wolves chose to leave Faery and go seek new adventure in the human world. Only a few remained, waiting for arrival of the lost princess to return. They did not find her though. When the queen passed, she left the wolves that stayed with immortality, so that they could live to find the lost princess. Many centuries have passed, but they are still faithful. They live to find any trace of the queen's lost daughter. You are the reincarnation of the princess, who died not long after disappearing. You have Elven blood mixed with your wolf blood. More Elven than wolf actually. Your grandmother loved a wolf. Your mother loved an Elven king. You are to become queen in Faery. Bring back the wolves faithful to you. Free the wolves living under that tyrant of an Alpha."

A shiver went up my spine as flashes of images went through my head. So many deaths. So many killers. "My mother was a Luna up to the North-west though." I said.

"No." She replied shaking her head. "She gave birth to your reincarnation. You, the lost princess of Avalon, will become the same exact person she was before, once her powers are re-awakened. Right now you are someone else. A being in between two. You are Anabelle, but you are also the lost princess, Adrianna."

I stood there in shock. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew it was true. All the images in my head were mine. When I was younger, in another life, I had been abducted and held captive until I finally died after ten years of torture. I caught glimpses of my life before I was killed. A wondrous white castle. Elves and apple trees. Wolves changing back and forth from wolf to a human in a wolf pelt or from human into wolf. Fanciful dinners and dances. My mother and father, the king and queen. My grandmother and grandfather, Alpha and Luna of one of the wolf packs. All of it was my memory. My own life, before I was treated like a rat on the streets, a princess with gowns of gold and white. A wonderful surrounding.

"And who are you?" I asked, about ready to break down and cry.

"I am your real mother. The dead queen of Avalon. The one who found you after so long." She said.

Now I did break down and cry. My mother was a queen. My mother was a wolf spirit. She came to find me. To save me and be there for me.

"How?" I asked, choking back tears.

"I gave birth to you a long time ago, you were reincarnated, but not in the normal way-"

I cut her off, "I meant how will I awaken my powers?"

"They will awaken in your greatest time of need, according to my source. First you must go to Avalon, in the Faery world." She said.

I nodded. "How do I get there? And can I take a few people with me? Wait. How will I explain all this to Aiden?"

"You will get there through one of the portals. The closest one in the old woods, where no wolf has reign. Actually, I think no wolf would ever dare to go there." She said.

I gulped. "Why not?"

"Because they would be on Faery territory, just outside a portal to the world of Faery." She said, laughingly.

"Won't the humans eventually destroy it though?" I asked.

"No. It has special protection around it that keeps all away. They do not even know it is there. Yes you should be able to take wolves with you. I have already told Aiden. He fell asleep not long after you. He will be more shocked than anything." she replied.

"How do I get to the old woods and where is the portal?" I asked.

"Close your eyes." She said. As soon as I did, I saw an image in my head, a map. The old woods were not very far away, just about a hundred miles to the east on an island that nobody knows to exist. Oh, this will be easy. Note the sarcasm. I thought to myself. On the island there was a small stream that ran all the way to the center of the island. There I would find the portal and it's guardian.

When I opened my eyes, the map stayed in my head, a thing I would not forget so that I would always find my way to the Faery World.

"I must go now, but I will see you soon, my daughter. I will always be with you. Goodbye."

The mist and fog started to fade, as did the image of my mother.

Then I saw a bright light, and opened my eyes.

Only to find myself in another dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When all else fails, you can try to pinch yourself, slap yourself, or stab yourself to wake up. None of the above worked.

I was in a dark room, surrounded by stone walls with no windows. A man appeared behind me. I spun around, coming face to face with Adrianna's kidnapper/ torturer/ killer. My kidnapper/ torturer/ killer.

"Well, well. If it isn't Adrianna. I knew you wouldn't die so easily, but I didn't know it would take you hundreds of years to come back to me. Hmm? Wondering how I'm still alive? Well, you see, I am immortal. I came upon immortality from your father. When we were younger we knew each other very well, but when he became king, he forgot all about me. Just when he was killed, I used his power for him, making myself immortal, and killing him." He said.

I didn't say a word. I wanted to go back home to Aiden, to be happy again, to become a no-longer-lost-princess.

"You don't have to say anything. I'll see you soon." He said and started to fade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up screaming, jolting Aiden awake under me and most of the people in the house came in the room wondering what was going on. Breathing hard, I laid back against Aiden, who was holding me close, comforting me.

"Is this about the dream I just had?" He asked.

"Only partially." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216 70 14
As a young girl, she never once felt alone.. As her parents split, she goes to live with her aunt. Finding out her mother has kept some pretty import...
4.1K 209 12
As an avid- but pretty unsuccessful- writer of fantasy fiction, I know that dragons are pretty much the pinnacle of existence. I dare anyone to argue...
399K 13.4K 81
She's Rosalie Amber Stan. A simple teenage girl, who made a wish to have a more adventurous life, was a victim of a teenage-nap by the Fae queen to a...
22.9K 734 16
[ WILL BE RE-WRITTEN! ] I am going to completely re-write this story!