New to This | Lamelo Ball

By KDnodurant

•COMPLETED• Two young ballers trying to figure out how to deal with basketball,new fame and the hardest thing... More

The girl next door
Never say never
"Feeling you"
Decisions
Party
DC the Don
New book
Steal her man?
The Secret
More secrets
The Break Up
Lamelo vs. Zion
Best friends or lovers?
The birds and the bees
Who is She?
Anniversary
Let my baby stay
The boy is mine
Insecure
Are you fucking him?
I'd Rather Go Blind
YKWTFGO
Neu Roses
Studio Session & Confession
BBBirthday
Really Nigga?
Hoeing
Why Did I Take him Back
Anniversary Pt.2
Cheater
Here we go again
Distraction
I still think about you
Chasing Pavements
Got My Baby Back
Sleepover pt.1
Sleep over pt. 2
Off to China
Come and Talk to Me
The Truth
Thanksgiving
The Aftermath
Sacrifices
The Future
A Blast from the Past
Ex-Factor
Goodbye
Its Up

A wise man once said

16.8K 309 260
By KDnodurant

I posted my Lonzo book called Weekend,go check it out!

Lamelo

"Melo sweetie wake up."My mom gently shakes me."I don't wanna."I roll over in my bed."I made waffles and there's a surprise for you downstairs."

I ride up and groan,"I don't want waffles or the surprise."My mom chuckles,"Oh yes you do.Now let's go downstairs."She pulls me out of the bed and drags me down to the kitchen.

"Look its sleeping beauty."I heard Gelo's voice.

"Oh what the hell!"The sleepiness leaves my body when I see not only gelo but zo."We're home lil bro."Zo tackles me to the ground with gelo joining in.

It's been a whole month since I've seen both of them in person. I thought it would be fun living like an only child,but I was completely wrong.

"Boys don't break your brother."My dad says making them get off of me."Yeah we wouldn't want your girlfriend to get mad at us."Gelo and Zo snicker.

Taylor and I had finally made it official. I thought I like Dominique but o didn't want to put feelings into person who liked someone else. Plus Don was my friend,so I didn't want to get in the middle of that.

"I thought you and Dominique would get together."My mom says.

So did I

"I don't even like her like that."I scoff,"Besides Ive barely known Dominique for like a month."

"Let me tell you boys something,"My dad starts off,"Real love has no time frame. You could be with someone for 2 years and feel nothing but also be with someone for 2 weeks and feel everything.Always remember that."

I ate my breakfast silently thinking about what my dad had said. I've known Taylor since middle school and we've always been cool,with new feelings recently coming up. Dominique on the other hand was the new chill next door neighbor.

I feel like the smart decision is to be with Taylor. A girl I've known for year,versus a girl I've known for weeks.

"Are either of the girls coming tonight melo?" My mom snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Last time I checked they were." I told Taylor to come so she could meet my family,and Dominique said her family doesn't do anything so I invited her.

"Did you tell Quan,Don and O?" I didn't want to tell Don but you can't tell quan with telling Don.

"Yea they said that they'll stop by." I finish my food and go back to my room. I wanted to go back to sleep but I know my parents would just wake me up to help clean.

Tonight we were hosting a barbecue like we always do on the 4th. I was a little nervous with Taylor coming later on. My family and Dominique had to like her. Of course your family needs to be ok with your significant other,but I wanted Dominique and Taylor to be cool with each other because I spend a lot of time with both of them.

I grab my phone off the charger and FaceTime Dominique. She answers at the last ring.

"What the hell do you want melo?"

"Well good morning to you baby girl."She never liked the pet name I constantly called her by.

"Don't call me that."I heard her mumble."I'm sleepy" She yawned getting up,showing her messy state.

"I can tell your voice sounds sexy right now."

"I'm gonna tell your girlfriend if you keep playing with me."She was now in the bathroom washing up.

"You wouldn't snitch on your bestie like that." She rolls her eyes.

"Why did you call me?"

"Just to see if you were coming later."

"Aw you don't want things to be awkward huh?"

"No"

Yes

I can tell she got a notification by the way she was looking at the screen.Her face goes to a smile and she asks,"Is Don gonna be there?"

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes."Yes your boyfriend is gonna be there."

"He's not my boyfriend."

Good

"Y'all want each other so I don't know why you're playing."

"I barely met him. It's too soon for a relationship."

"A wise man once said,real love has no time frame. You could be with someone for 2 years and feel nothing but also be with someone for 2 weeks and feel everything." I quote my dad from like thirty minutes ago.

"Thanks melo I'll see you later."

"Bye baby girl." I hang up before she can cuss me out. I'll never stop calling her that

***********************
Dominique

"Mom,dad I'm gonna head next door!" I call out to my parents who were not ready yet. "Okay princess we'll see you there!" My dad yells before I exit.

I knock on the door and Lamelo opens it,"Melon I missed you!" I hug him tightly.

Even though we worked out everyday together but that's all we did. The last time we really chilled with each other was when Zo and gelo were home.

"I missed you too Dom." He hugs me back.

"Why do you call him melon?" We separate at the sound of Taylor. She didn't seem mad,more like confused.

I smile at the memory,"When I would type melo,my phone would change it to melon."

"Oh how funny."She fakes a laughs."So do y'all wanna eat or something?" Melo changes the topic before things become awkward.

"Yea I'm hella hungry." I saw walking to the kitchen."It's about time you joined us." Lonzo says with a bunch of food in his mouth.

"What is wrong with you?" Denise shakes her head wiping his mouth. "Dom you look cute." Izzy compliments me.

I met them both at the going away party we threw for gelo and Zo.We were really cool and they acted as if they were my big sisters."Thanks girls."

"Only Dom can pull off an outfit like that" Gelo looks me up and down. I was wearing an oversized tourist shirt and red shorts with my hair in space buns.

"It's ugly I don't know what y'all are talking about." Lamelo jokes. I roll my eyes,"Your face is ugly so shit up." We all laugh and continue eating our food.

We were all sitting around talking about random things,"Hey y'all how's it going?" Phaquan,Eli,O and Don come in.

Everyone greets them in their own way while Don sits right next to me."Hey babe you're looking cute." He gives me a small kiss on the cheek.

"Get it girl!" Denise and Izzy cheer making me blush harder than I already was. Melo had a disgusted look on his face but turn to Taylor when he seen me.

Was he not happy for me?

************************

"Man y'all are trash." Lonzo waves Melo and I off.

"Don't hate because you couldn't beat us."Me and Melo do the handshake we recently made up."You guys are always playing basketball" Tina laughs.

Mr. And Mrs. Ball were talking to my parents while we were playing our game."It's all we know to do." I say making the boys and Lavar laugh.

"I was just telling your parents about I admire your hard work and want you to come to Vegas with us."

My face lit up at the thought. I'd be in vegas with a bunch of NBA players."Can I go please,please,please please!"I begged my mom and dad. 

"Only if you behave yourself."We all hollered with joy. A week in Vegas was gonna be hecka lit."That's great now let's get these fireworks going!" Lavar announced to everyone,heading towards to the front yard.

"Y'all let's stay in the backyard and watch them."Gelo walks in the opposite direction of everyone else. We all sat on top of the big white wall which gave us a perfect view.

I look up at the sky,"The stars are so pretty."It was a clear,hot July night."But they don't even come close to you." Don looks at me licking his lips.

"You're so corny dude."

He stared at me for a few moments before speaking again."It's only the truth.Right now your eyes are shining brighter than those stars."

"I don't think-" A loud boom broke through the air. The sky was began to turn into a series of different colors.

"Dominique there's something I wanna ask you." Don grabbed my hand with all seriousness. My attention left the sky and focused on him."What is it?"

"Even though we haven't known each other for a long time,I feel like you've been around me for more than a month.We had an instant connection and I just love to have you around me. You're funny,hard working and let's not forget your looks." He laughs at the end.

Don takes a deep breathe,"I know it might be soon but I just want to officially call you mine."

Wow

I didn't know what to say,I wasn't expecting this at all. I was only trynna watch some fireworks and food.Don looked more nervous than he had before,"A wise man once said real love has no time frame. You could be with someone for 2 years and feel nothing but also be with someone for 2 weeks and feel everything."

"Soooooo does that mean you're my girlfriend?"He smiles like a kid in a candy store.

"Yes I'm you're girlfriend."

Ew this is trash I'm sorry,but I needed a lil filler😭Lamelo and Dom are dating other people now,how y'all feel about that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 455 43
He was a sophomore basketball player, she was also a basketball player and she just moved to Cali from New Orleans. They both wanted to be the best...
43.8K 875 26
mya x zo ______ sequal
54.7K 1.4K 51
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PICTURES OR SONGS USED IN THIS BOOK! THIS BOOK IS A FAN FICTION BASED OFF OF MY IMAGINATION!! THIS BOOK IS SUBJECT TO COPYRIG...
101K 2.8K 36
**SEQUEL TO PLAY WITH ME** Leilani and Melo are living their best life together putting aside all that has happened but....What happens when a new bo...