The boy is mine

Dominique

Today we came came back from Hawaii, and we were pulling up to our houses."Dom who do those cars belong to in your drive way?" Tina asked.

I was half asleep, but once I saw a jeep and a g wagon that matched mine, I already knew who it was. "OH MY GOD!" I jumped out of the car screaming.

Soon enough my favorite cousin and brother come out."AAAH!" We scream even more, as I run to them. We were louder than girls in school yelling "best friend" at 7:30 in the morning.

"You guys are here!" I was so happy I almost cried,"I can't believe it." I hug them."We couldn't you leave you here all by yourself." My brother messes with my hair. Usually I hate when he does that,but right now I don't care.m

My parents come out with my aunt and uncle,"I've missed you guys so much." I hug them both."We missed you too mini." My uncle was basically my lavar. He's the one who trained me and got me to where I am now. Back in Oakland(I changed it)my brother and I were always at their house. We practically lived there.

"Guys this is my Uncle, Aunt, brother Dominic and cousin Monique." I introduce them to the ball family. They greet each other, of course lavar and melo are talking about basketball with my uncle and brother.

"You play basketball?" Melo asks Dominic."Yeah I play shooting guard, imma try out for the team at Chino."

Melo nods taking in his words,"How you lookin in 2k though?" My brother laughs rubbing his hands,"Let's just say, you don't want this work."

As they talk about their dumb game, I talk to Mo."I wish you wouldn't have to leave."It was hard seeing someone everyday, to not seeing them at all.

"Actually..." She trails on,"Our parents agreed to let me live with-"

"YOU'RE LYING!" I was doing so much yelling I was gonna lose my voice. Everyone talked for a few moments before the balls went to their own home due to their tiredness. I was tired myself,but being around my family gave me so much energy.

"Mom, Dad can we go shopping?" I ask.Them, my aunt and uncle were cooking dinner so there really wasn't much for us three to do. "Ugh," My dad groaned,"You always wanna go somewhere."

"C'mon dad, we just wanna have some cousin time together." Dominic joins in."Make sure you're here by seven sharp." My mom tells us and we leave.

••••••

We were walking through the mall,doing a little shopping here and there."Let's sit down for a bit?" Mo heads for an empty table in the food court area.
We sat down talking about how life was back home,and they asked me questions about Chino.

"Aye y'all see that girl looking over her," Dominic slyly points to a girl sitting at another table with her friends."I think she wants some of me."

I look at the girl, but she looks familiar."I feel like I know that girl from somewhere." I try to look without staring too hard. "Well you have been living here for some months now."Mo stays on her phone.

I take one more look and she walks over to in our direction."She's walking over here."A now interested Mo puts her phone down.

"Excuse me, can I please talk to you for a minute?"She points to chair,motioning that she wants to sit.

"I'm sure," I still can't put her name to her face,"You know, you look kinda familiar."

"You do too," She takes the empty seat,"I just wanted to know, do you know Lamelo Ball?"

Why is she asking if I know my man?"Yeah, I definitely know Lamelo."

"I just want to let you know that he's mine." Now I know who she is, this is that bitch Ashley. I look and Dominic and Mo like 'Did she really just claim my man?' But all they were showing was an 'oh shit' facial expression.

"No he's mine." I laugh at her, because she's really been working on my nerves and this is my first time meeting the her.

"There's no way you could mistake him for your man."

"I know you maybe jealous of me.Since he's taking me to Hawaii and other places, but he give me his love not you."

"Well he said without me he couldn't make it through the day." She smirks.

"Oh really?" I laugh,"Why would he wanna change something that's so good?"

"I know what melo and I have is killing you inside."

"You can say what you wanna say because you can't take away what we have." I wave her off and she goes with her friends.

Like girl, it's me. I win, you lose

"Dom are you gonna confront melo?" Mo asks me. "Sure I'm gonna tell him what happened, but I trust him." I know melo wouldn't do cheat on me. He told me him and Ashley were just friends,and I believe him.

What do you think melo will say when Dom tells him what happened with Ashley?

I barely realized that there's a Monique/Mo in my gelo book too... Oh well I can do what I what😂