The Truth

Dominique

I pulled up to the Big Baller Brand headquarters with my sketch book and some Jamba Juice for Denise and I. Today we were showing the design team some new ideas we had for the website, and we seeing how some of our past designs came out.

"Hey Dom." Denise says as I walk into the office. I give her a hug, "Look what I got you." I hand her the drink. "Aw thanks girly."

We sit down and show each other what we came up with until the team came in. "I can't believe my eyes. Are Dom and Denise actually drinking something other than Starbucks?" Alan jokes as he walks in with the team.

We both laugh because we mostly drink Starbucks, especially Denise. "Dom and I decided to start eating healthier. Which means cutting down on the caffeine." She says.

"Good for y'all. Now let's see what you came up with." Denise was in charge of Lady Ballers, so her designs consisted of jump suits, leggings,and tank tops. My designs were mainly for athletic wear, so they included shorts, socks, and shirts."

"As always, I'm impressed." Alan says as he looks over our sketches, "I like the ideas, but we have to think about colorways and material."

"I was thinking dri-fit, so they're breathable and comfortable to exercise in." I say and flip to another page, "I also came up with a few different designs and colors that would be targeted for girls."

"These are great! We really need more items for women and girls, and these are perfect. Keep up the work you two." Alan take the design team somewhere, leaving me and Denise in the office.

"How's everything with you and Melo?"

"We're doing good. He was a little suspicious of what you said yesterday, but I had to convince him that it was nothing."

"I'm sorry." She apologizes,"I thought you already told him."

"Don't worry its fine. I just don't know if he'll be upset or not." She nods her head understanding,"How did you find out?"

Flashback

Mo and I came home from practice,
sweaty and tired. Dominic had practice and my parents were at work so we were home alone.

Or at least we thought we were

We heard my mom talking to someone on the phone, "Mo and Dominic are gonna be fine, but Dom is gonna be so hurt. " I looked at Mo confused as we waited for my mom to start talking again.

"That is true, but she has her boyfriend and is really close to his family. I already know she will be sad to hear that we're moving back."

"WE'RE MOVING?!" I shout, letting my presence be known. "I'll call you back." My mom hangs up the phone.

"Dom you weren't supposed to find out."

"Well when exactly did you plan on telling me?" How long did they think they could keep this a secret? My mom sighed, "Your father and I didn't know how to break it to you."

"Do we have to move? What's wrong with Chino Hills?"

"Nothing is wrong with Chino Hills,but we thought starting up the new firm would but we were wrong."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The plan was to move out here to start up the firm and be done in about a year and a half. By that time you three would be halfway through senior year, so we were just going to stay until it you all leave for college."

"Okay so why can't we keep following that plan?"

"We can, but since things are moving faster than expected, we can finish but this summer."

"What about us?"

"Dom at first you or your brother didn't want to stay. Besides not having a choice, the only reason that made you willing to come over here was the basketball program. Now you have a scholarships to places you dreamed about, there's nothing left here for you."

After I received my scholarships from UCLA and Kentucky, I got more from bigger schools. "Melo is here and I can't leave him."

"Now I know I raised you better than to be following some little boy around your whole life."

"I'm sorry that I don't want to throw away my only real relationship away."

"If you're right, and this is a "real relationship" you wouldn't have to throw anything away." She said. I didn't say anything, and went to my room

I was moving back to Oakland

End of Flashback

"How do you feel about moving?" Denise asked. "I'm sad because not only did I meet so many amazing people, but I found my first love."

"Aw how cute." I looked away, feeling my cheeks getting warm. "When are you gonna tell Melo?"

"Well since he's gonna be playing overseas soon, I thought that it would be better if I told him when he's over there. That way we are already adjusted to being apart."

"I don't know about that Dom..." She plays with the fabrics, avoiding eye contact. "Why is that not a good idea?"

"What if he finds out before he leaves? He's going to feel some type of way about you leaving and that you weren't planning on telling him. Say he doesn't find out everything goes according to plan, what happens he comes back for the summer?"

"You're right. If I keep this a secret any longer, it'll only create problems." I have to tell Melo, even if he'll be upset.

I just want us to stay together

Y'all really thought she was pregnant😂
Next chapter Dom tells Melo, and there will be two character who reveal...let me stop👀