Ex-Factor

LaMelo

I was outside getting some shots up with my dad and Zo. "Come on Melo what's wrong with you today?" My dad asked as I missed another basket.

"You and Dom going through it again huh?" Zo laughed. I ignore him trying to focus on my shooting, but I missed again. "I guess that's my answer." Him and my dad laughed.

Gelo comes outside,looking all mad, "What happened Melo?" My dad and Zo were confused, "Don't worry about it. It's none of your business."

"But it is though because Dom is family to me and you always find a way to fuck shit up with her!" He charges at me, but luckily my dad and Zo grabbed him.

I would've got laid out

"Why re you defending her? I thought you were my brother?"

"I am You your brother," He calms down, "But I'm defending whoever is right, and you were outta pocket last night."

I waved him off, "How am I outta pocket when she's the one doing me wrong and going behind my back?"

"That's the thing, she isn't! She doesn't entertain any of those dudes but for some reason you stay thinking she does."

"But-"

"Ain't no but," he cuts me off, "She's not like these females who only messed with you because of your name. She's not using you for followers, or fame, she loves you with everything in her. She even gave you the option to leave when she found out about the baby, because she didn't want you to owe her anything."

I start thinking about all the things Dom has done for me. She really has stayed by my side and supported me through all the stressful times.

"You'll never find a girl that will ride you like she does, and that's a fact." He storms off. I looked down at the ground feeling stupid.

"Son whatever you did, go make it right."

I can try to make it right, but will she take me back?

Dominique

I woke up with a headache and I felt a complete mess. Last night I came to my room and cried until I fell asleep.

"Hey girl how you doing?" Mo comes and sits down next to me on my bed. "I don't know, I feel so many different emotions all at once." I try to hold back my tears.

"Its okay Dom," She lays me down on her lap, "Let it out." She starts rubbing my back and I break down."Why would he do this? I didn't do anything and out of nowhere he starts to accuse me of things."

Last night caught me by surprise. Everything was fine between LaMelo and I, so I was confused on why he would have suspicions.

"Are you going to leave him, or have you not decided yet?"

"I meant it when I said I'm done." This was my last straw with him. "I don't know what I'm gonna do without him when the baby comes."

"Don't worry, we will help you with everything. You should've known that already." I sighed, "Yeah, but it's not the same."

When the baby came, we planned on me moving in, so LaMelo and I can share the load and spend time with him.

My mom came into the room, "Dom Melo is here to see you."

"Let him in." I get up from Mo's lap, wiping away my tears. LaMelo comes in as Mo was leaving and she stares him down. "Just know I don't like." She walks past him.

"I didn't expect you to be here. I thought you would be with Shareef."

"I cancelled because it made you uncomfortable, and I understand why." I shrugged, "I know we had history and honestly if you went to hang out with Ashley I would feel some type of way too."

We could avoid that whole argument last night, if he just told me why he didn't want me to be with shareef. I would have my suspicions too if it was the other way around

"Can we talk about last night?"

"What is there to talk about? You think I'm a hoe that's cheating on you." I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know what else there is to it."

"I'm sorry Dom, those were just words that I didn't mean."

"Well those words cut deep LaMelo. How could you say those things about me?" I felt the tears swelling in my eyes.

"When I seen Shareef I remembered everything that happened not too long ago and I assumed the worst."

"Well that was your first mistake. I know I cheated in the past, but I meant it when I said I would never put you through that again."

"And I meant what I said too, but I get paranoid."

"Paranoid over what? This whole time I've been by your side supporting you! All I do is stay by your side  so tell me why you think I'm cheating on you."

"I don't know to be honest. I'm just worried that you'll leave me." I shake my head, "Really? I'm carrying your child, so tell me why would I want to do that?"

He stayed quiet, "See you can't,because I would never leave you. There wasn't a reason for me to leave until now."

"What do you mean until now?"

"I can't do this anymore, especially after last night. You hurt me LaMelo, and scared me. I never seen you act like that before."

"I don't ever want you to be afraid of me." He tries to come closer to me, but I back away. "It's too late for that."

I can see how bad that made him felt, "Babe I'm sorry. Please don't leave, what about the baby?"

"We'll be fine without you. You can just focus on basketball like you wanted."

"Dom please don't do this." I shake my head, "I'm sorry, but I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me."

"I'll do whatever you want me to, please don't leave."He begged, "Whatever you need from me you can have."

"Melo I don't want to leave you, but I think we need to re-evaluate our relationship and see if we should really be together." I sniffle, "When you come back from Lithuania we can talk, but right now we're over."

"Well if that's what you want." He starts getting teary eyed. I hug him,"You do know that I still love you right?" We stay in each other's embrace, not wanting to end things.

"Yeah I know," he leans in kissing me one last time, "that's why I'm gonna wait for you. I'm gonna get my shit together and we're gonna be a happy family."

I didn't want to break up with Melo, especially now when I need him the most. But like I said, I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me, so until he works out his issues, we won't be together.

This book is ending soon, so go read my new LaMelo book called Street Lights.
And is there any other NCAA/NBA basketball players you would want to me to write about?