The Aftermath

Dominique

Everyone stayed frozen. The only thing that could be heard was me and Melo's hearts pounding. I had no idea what to say, even if I did, I was too scared to say anything.

"Please tell me he did not just say you were carrying his child." My mom says trying to remain calm. Once again, there was only silence.

"I'm going to kill you!" My dad charges at Melo. Thankfully my uncles and cousins were able to hold him back before anything happened.

"I think I should go." Melo says getting up. "Yeah and I don't want to see your ass ever again!" My dad yells.

"I'm going with him." I get up following him out the door. "The hell you are!" My dad tries to stop me, "We gave you an inch of freedom and look what happens."

"I'm sorry dad! Do you think I wanted this to happen? Because I didn't!"

"I think you were being stupid! That's what's I think! Matter of fact, go with your little boyfriend because I can't stand to look at you right now!"

"Honey calm down. Dominique you're not leaving."My mom steps in. "No if he wants me gone, then I'll leave." I grab Melo's hand and walk out to the car.

I looked out the window the whole car ride back to his house. Melo tried talking to me, but I ignored him.

"Did you do it on purpose?" I finally speak up. "What are you talking about?"

"Did you purposely announce that we are having a baby?" I ask him again.

"Dominique I swear I didn't mean to. I got so caught up telling you how much I love you, that I forgot about everyone else in the room."

I looked down at the beautiful ring he had bought me, "Thank you." I say still admiring it on my finger, "And I love you too LaMelo." He places his hand on my knee and gives me a quick smile.

"I think we should tell my parents right now." He says as we pulling into the gates. "I'm sorry but no. My head hurts and I can't take anymore drama, not tonight." I plead.

"I at least have to tell my dad. Especially before your parents call one of them. Things will only get worse if we don't say something."

He was right, but I still didn't want to do it. "We don't have to do it tonight if you don't want to."

"Thanks Melo." I kiss his cheek, "How about we call my parents over to talk about things tomorrow?" The sooner we talk about the baby, the better.

"Hey you two are back already?" Tina says as we walk in. "Yeah we had a long day, so is it cool if Dom stays here tonight?" Melo asks.

"Of course she can, you know we love Dom no matter what!" Lavar chuckles.

I'm gonna need him to keep that same energy

We go upstairs to Melo's room and he closes the door. "Everything will be alright." He kisses the top of my forehead.

I nod my head and go to the bathroom to take a shower. My thoughts were all over the place, and only the hot water seemed to calm me down.