Chasing Pavements

Daijon

Tonight everyone was at Dave & Buster's for Zo's birthday. Even though I was in my feelings over what happened at the mall, I was still having a good time at the party.

Dom was here, and I want to talk to her. I know she said I was a distraction, but there's something about her. No matter what, I know she has some sort of feelings for me.I honestly love her, and I need to tell her that.

I look around the arcade looking for her, but I see her walking outside with Melo.

"Everything okay?" Kaliah walks up to me. "I don't know what I have to do to get to her." I say watching Dom and Melo talk.

"Look daijon, I know it sucks to want something from someone when they're not willing to give it to you, but you got to let her go." She puts her hand on my shoulder, "Trust me."

••••••
LaMelo

Right now our family, and some friends are at dinner for Zo's birthday. "Why didn't you invite Dom?" I ask Denise since she planned the party.

"She did." Zo answered, "But because of your dumbass, she wasn't sure if she should come."

"Babe be nice, and melo she said she might stop by at Dave & Buster's." I nod my head and walk away, the whole week I was thinking of ways I could apologize to Dom. After that big ass lecture from my family, I knew I fucked up big time.

I want to make things right between us, but I just don't know how. The other day she came over to the house to tell my dad happy birthday, but I didn't say anything to her.

Dinner was over and we were leaving to meet everyone else at Dave & Buster's. I walk in the building and the first thing I see is Dom, and she was sitting all by herself.

"There's your chance lil bro." Gelo tells me. "I can't go over there, I love her, but I don't want to hurt her again.I put her through enough."

"I'm gonna tell you this because you're my brother and I see Dom as sister." He tells me, "You say you love her, but if you love her you gotta be careful not to deprive her of the fullness of life.Dom doesn't need you to be happy. She's young and should be having fun with her life.She doesn't need all the stress and drama y'all been having."

I never thought of myself holding her back. I knew I put her through some bullshit, but I never thought I was keeping her from being happy.

"Thanks Gelo." I over to go be with Dom. "Do you think we can go outside?" I ask her.

"Sure." She gets up and we walk outside,away from everyone else. We sit down on a bench, and I was thinking of how to tell her everything. "So can we...talk about us?" I ask.

"Sure," She gives a small laugh, "It wouldn't be us if we didn't talk about our relationship outside."

I laugh with her, "I guess it's just our thing." The small laughter died down, bringing us back to sitting in silence.

"Dom I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. Gelo told me that you didn't actually cheat and you were only talking to Mo. I shouldn't have ignored you for all this time. And I didn't mean all that stuff I posted, I was being stupid."

"You're damn right you were being stupid. Do you realize how much that hurt me LaMelo? Do you know how bad I felt to see you talking about how you never loved me?"

"I'm sorry, I was lying and I didn't mean it."

"Were you lying when you said you never stopped messing with Ashley?" I knew she wouldn't forget about that.

"Yes." I was telling the complete truth. "Why would you lie like that?"

"I just wanted you to feel the way I felt when I heard you talking about cheating on me."

She gets up from the bench,"Melo if we want to keep moving forward, we both gotta stop with the petty shit. It only causes more problems."

"I agree." I stand up with her, "I promise that I'll do everything that I can to keep you happy. I don't want to keep you from being happy." I look down, remembering what Gelo had told me.

"Hey look at me," She lifts up my chin, "I might get upset with you, but you bring so much happiness in my life." She smiles.

"Please don't leave me Dominique. Ilove you." She gives me a kiss, "I never thought of leaving you." I pull her in again for another kiss. "And I love you too Melo."

"I see you're still wearing my chain." I smirk. She blushes, "I only take it off for basketball." She pulls out from under her shirt.

"How about we leave and take off everything." I raise my eyebrows. "Stop being nasty." She laughs and we walk inside.

"Look who's back together!" Zo yells. Dom smiles, hugging me and I wrap my arms around her body.

It feels good to have my babygirl back

••••••
Daijon

"Look who's back together!" Zo yells. Everyone looks at LaMelo and Dominique walking back inside together. Her smile was so wide, I knew she was happy with him.

"If I don't ask you this, it's gonna bother me all night," Kaliah says, "you and Dom, is that a thing?"

I take one last look at Dom,"Absolutely not." I give her a smile.

It's time to let her go

Do you think Melo is really gonna shape up for the better?
I know y'all like Dom and Don together but he needs to leave her alone😂