Distraction

Dominique

I laid in my bed,sad and wondering where I️ stand with Melo. He won't answer any of my calls or texts. He literally lives next door, but it seems like we are miles apart.

Mo and Dominic came into my room, "Hey lil sis, how you feeling?"

"Terrible."I say, scrolling through my snapchat. I click on Melo's story to see a video of him in his in his lambo,"I cannot waste no time bitch im really grindin', if I ever said I loved you I was lyin"

"Oh it's like that now? Okay bet." Mo said as she watched the video. "Get up, you're gonna show him what he's missing." She pulled my covers off of me.

"No I just want to lay here and be sad." My brother snatched my phone from my hands,"You've did enough of that, now get up." I sit up, "How exactly am I supposed to 'show him what he's missing.' "

"Don't worry, Mo will help you get ready." Dominic walks out my room, taking my phone. "What are y'all up to?" I ask my cousin. "Stop asking questions, just go take a shower and I'll find you something to wear."

I got in the shower, thinking about Melo and I. If he never would have walked in, we wouldn't be in this mess. I know this is all one huge misunderstanding, but he is so dramatic. If he could just be mature, and stop ignoring me, we could move past this.

I got out the shower and walked back into my room. I see that Mo and changed clothes herself,"Hurry up and get dressed in this." Mo shows me the outfit she picked for me.

"Can you tell me why I'm doing this?" I ask, getting dressed

"Can you tell me why I'm doing this?" I ask, getting dressed. "Because LaMelo is dumb, and you gotta remind him that you're a poppin ass bitch."

I roll my eyes, "Okay but where are we going?" Before she can answer dominic knocks on the door,"Are y'all ready?"

"Yeah let's go." Mo says dragging my down the stairs.

Whatever they're up to, is gonna start trouble

••••••

"Did you guys really do all this just for us to come to the mall?" I ask as we walk inside.

"Yeah because you need something to take you mind off of Lamelo." Dominic says.

"And how can the mall help me with that?"

"There's shoes,clothes, and cute boys. Maybe you can find you a new boo." Mo tells me as we keep walking.

I shake my head, "My ugly ass is not getting the attention of any guys."

"Well with that attitude you won't." Mo laughs. We continue when hear people calling our names. I look around and spot Will, Quan, and Daijon.

"Did you tell them to meet us here?" I ask.I really don't want to see Daijon right now."No we didn't." Dominic goes to greet them, with Mo and I following.

"Hey guys." I give them all a small wave. "We was just chilling, buying a few things." Quan says. We all stay together, walking throughout the mall.

••••••

We getting ready to leave, and I can actually say I had a good time. I bought some new clothes and I wasn't really sad over LaMelo.

"Bye y'all." We say our goodbyes to the boys. "Hey Dom can I talk to you for a second?" Daijon asks. I start walking away from the group, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Us. Are you and Melo even together still?"

"Daijon I'm still with Melo, we're just going through some things right now." He shakes his head, "How long are you going to let him keep doing this to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"He constantly hurts you, and you keep taking him back."

"Daij, please don't do this again. I told you I loved him."

"Okay and I love you Dominique." He confesses, "So why can't you just give me a chance?"

"I'm sorry Daijon, but I don't feel that way towards you." I had no idea that's how he felt.

"Really? So our relationship, or all the times you came to me when Melo messed up didn't mean anything?"

"Honestly our relationship only happened because Melo was with that girl Taylor. I didn't realize it then, but I know now. And I should have never went to you whenever I did."

He scoffed, "So I meant nothing to you?"

"Daijon you're a great friend, but you were just a distraction for me. I'm sorry." I walk away from him.

I wish none of this ever happened

Who feels bad for Daijon?
Was Dom wrong for telling Daijon all that?
Is Melo going to call it quits?
I'm sorry I didn't update in like 2 weeks, but I had finals and you know your girl had to get them grades up 😂😂