Why Did I Take him Back

Dominique

As shareef continued to drive out of my neighborhood, I began to think about what Mo was saying. "Shareef pull over."

Confused, he does as I say, "What's wrong?"

"I can't go to the game with you. It will only cause problems between me and Melo, and I don't want that."

He sighs, "If that's what you want." He drives back to my house. I looked out the window,not wanting to talk to Shareef. Thank God we weren't too far from my house, or things would be so much more awkward.

He pulls up to my house,"I'm sorry for always dragging you into my mess.I feel like I'm using you for sex and attention." He laughs,"You're not using me,and I enjoy the sex, A LOT."

I hit his arm, "As much as I enjoy sex with you, Melo  will lose his shit if he found out." We all know melo is bat shit crazy on the daily, so I can only imagine how he would react if he knew I was cheating while he was being faithful.

"I can keep a secret." He rubs on my inner thigh, "It's not too late to go to my house." He smirks.I look at him like 'really nigga' he may not care about my relationship, but I do.

"Shareef, I'm serious.Once Melo and I are over,we can talk about us." I get out of his car and as I walk towards the door, I can hear commotion from the inside.

I walked in to see my parents cooking while my friends are doing their own thing. "Hey honey I thought you were going to the game?" My mom asks.

"I was, but I changed my mind." I responded looking at my Mo. She gave me smile and a head nod. I knew she was proud of my decision."What are y'all doing here?" Will, Quan, and Iris were here, acting as if this was their home.

"Your mom said she was making food, and that's all we needed to hear." Quan tells me, staying focused on 2k.

I sit down to watch him and my brother play. I felt bored because Iris was watching Dominic with googly eyes, Mo and Will were in their own little world.

Out of no where, Daijon comes from what I'm assuming was the bathroom. "Hey." He sits next to me since it was the only spot left.

"Hey." I give him a small smile. Ever since the party, I've tried to talk to him, but he ignores me. "So... what's been going on with you?"

"Daij stop acting like you don't know what's been going on."I lower my voice so only he could hear,"You know what we need to talk about."

"We don't need to talk about anything, you want to talk about something."

"Please Daijon. I feel bad for leading you on the way I did."

"You should feel bad, how would you feel if the person you wanted to be with basically told you that y'all could be together, but then goes back to their ex the next day?"

I would be so hurt if that happened to me."I'm sorry Daij. I didn't expect for Melo and I to get back together."

"How can you take him back for cheating, but not give me a second chance?"

Why did I take Lamelo back?

"I don't know,I just want to make things work and I know Melo is trying is best to not make the same mistakes."

He pulls out his phone and goes to Snapchat, "Is he really trying not to make the same mistakes?" He shows me a video of Melo, Ashley and Denise at the game.

Did he really take Ashley to the game and not me? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but that's what it seems like. "That doesn't mean anything,she could have went with Denise."

"Dom stop trying to stick up for him. He dissed you to be with her before, so what makes you think he's not doing it right now?"

He was right, I let Melo slide with cheating once so now he probably thinks he can get away with it. "You said when you two are done, be can be together."

"I'm not done with him yet though." I look at the video one last time. They were happy and close to each other, "But by the looks of it, he's done with you."

I felt like crying my eyes out. There was a knock on the door and I get up to answer it, "I'll get it." I wipe my tears before opening the door.

"Melo?" I step outside,closing the door behind me."Babe what's wrong?" He tried to hug my,but move away from him.

"How could you LaMelo?"

"Look I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about me moving and going on home studies."

"It's not about that. How could you go to the game with Ashley?"

He starts laughing at me, "I didn't invite her, Denise did."

"Don't lie." He laughs again, "I'm not. My family was sitting court side, and her and Denise were above us in the seats."

"Melo if you're messing with her again, we can break up right now." I cry.He hugs me tight,"I'm not Dom, I meant what I said when I told you that I love you and won't hurt you again."

He wipes away my tears, "I believe you." We start walking back inside. "You're such a cry baby." Melo jokes with his arm wrapped around my body.

"Whatever." We walk in the house, and all eyes go to us. "Oh the love birds are back." Dominic shakes his head, still playing Quan.

"Shut up, you not trynna get this work." Melo joins them in their 2k game. I sit back on the couch where I was before.

I look over at Daijon, and he had a sad expression across his face. "I love him Daij. I'm sorry."

Did Dom make the right choice by not leaving with Shareef?
Was Daijon being shady and trying to break them up?
Was Melo lying to Dom?