The Quarterback Still Like Me...

By afiyaedwards123

-Sequel to The Quarterback Likes Me?- Must read The Quarterback Likes Me? before reading this book. YOU... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25- Party Part 1
Chapter 26- Party Part 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue- Part 1
Epilogue- Part 2
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Last Chapter

Chapter 32

1.2K 46 28
By afiyaedwards123

(A/N: I'll be skipping to Halloween, I'm taking to long to put some drama into this story)

Vanessa's POV:

The Day before Halloween

Jake and I over the last couple of weeks talk regularly, but where our relationship stands it still need some working on.

Just two weeks ago he went home for his mother's birthday and sent a lot of pictures for me.

Anyway, tomorrow is Halloween and the party is still on also Greg and his twin brother is flying in today since its Friday.

I can't wait to see him tomorrow, we are decorating Riley's house tomorrow all evening. Also, I got my costume.

"Thank goodness today is Friday, I swear these quizzes are giving me a headache", Stacy whines.

"Imagine for exams the ending of next month", I smirk and she groans.

"Don't remind me."

I laugh and shake my head.

It is lunch time and we're going to meet the guys by our spot, the leaves on the trees are already brown and are falling off.

Riley is already there sitting next to Caleb who has his arm over her shoulder, they look so cute together.

I sit down next to Jackson who grins there is an empty space for Jake.

I see him coming towards us with his tray, but stop when a guy calls  him over to a tree where he and some other guys are hanging out by the table.

He looks at us then back at them, deciding. 

He walks to us.

"That's right bros before hoes!" Carter shouts at them and they all glare at us.

Jake sits down next to me and peak my cheeks, "hey", he smiles.

"Hey."

"So guys down to business, you're all coming to Vanessa and I party tomorrow night right?" Riley ask.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world", Aden says.

"Of course, party is my thing well once it have alcohol", Austin says and did a high five with Lucas.

"I'm in", Alex smiles, we been good friends after the fair and meet on Wednesdays with Archer to go somewhere and hang out. Michelle would be coming tomorrow morning, she's not missing this party.

"We already made the guest list", I say putting the roll up paper on the table.

"I'll just add my name", Jay says and opens it.

"Vanessa, Greg said that they'll be landing around 8 tonight", Riley says 

"Who's Greg?" Jake raises an eyebrow at me.

"Riley's cousin, he's my friend", I reply.

"Just a friend nothing else right?" He frowns.

"Yes just a friend, like you and Quinn are just friend", I state.

"Don't bring her into this conversation", he speaks.

"Then stop acting like Greg is a threat, she was the one who was the threat last month."

"Can you stop referring to the past?"

"How?  When you don't even trust me."

"I do-"

"Cut the crap, I know you don't after I hung out with Alex a few weekends ago", I scoff.

"I do trust you is just that I didn't meet this Greg guy before", he sighs.

"You will tomorrow and you'll see that he isn't a threat", I rub his arm.

"Yeah whatever", he grumbles and gets up.

"Where you're going?" Jackson asks.

"To hang out with those guys see you later", Jake replies and walks off.

I sigh.

"Don't worry everything would be fine, but if it doesn't you still got Greg as a rebound", Stacy smirks and everyone shoot her a look.

"What?"

I watch as Jake laugh with the guys and a girl trying to get his attention by touching his arm.

"Oh no she don't", I growl and about to get up, when Jackson grabs my arm and shake his head.

"He's still in a heated mood, let him calm down", he says and I sit down.

I see the girl rubbing his shoulders as he talk to the guys.

"Two can play that game, change of plans Vanessa you're going to my house tonight Caleb would drop you tonight", Riley says.

"No I'm fine, I'll go tomorrow with you."

"Okay, but if you change your mind you know where to find me", she states.

I nod.

______________

Next Day

I didn't see Jake since yesterday lunchtime, after lunch he disappear with his new 'friends' and that desperate slut.

"You got everything you need?" Stacy questions as we pack up to go.

I'm sleeping over at Riley tonight, I'm not sure what Jake is doing since he wasn't replying to my messages.

"Yes just need to get my shoes", I reply and push my shoes in the bag.

Carter knocks on the open door and Stacy walks to kiss him.

I smile as Carter slightly blushes, before taking her bag and mines.

"Thanks Car", I state.

"No prob Vee", he smiles.

We leave the room and I lock the door, then I bump into Jake who is right behind me.

"Hey", I say.

"Can we talk?" He asks as Stacy and Carter walk down the hallway to the elevator.

"I can't see why not", I shrug.

"Not here outside by our group spot", he grabs my hand.

We got to the elevator and go outside, its beginning to get a bit cold since we are almost in November already.

I sit down on a bench and Jake sits next to me.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

 Riley and Stacy would be leaving in like fifteen minutes.

"Our relationship."

"What about it?" I question.

"Like there is lack of trust", he begins

"Yeah, you don't trust me", I cross my arm.

"But I d-"

"No you don't, I trust you Jake, but it seems like you don't trust me", I snap.

"I trust you Vanessa", he declares.

"Then stop acting jealous", I state.

"I'm no-"

I glare at him and he stops talk.

"Maybe we should take a break", he mumbles, but I still hear him.

"What?"

"Its just a suggestion, we don't hav-"

"Maybe you're right, with no trust from you I think we should take a break", I sigh as my heart breaks.

"Vanessa...."

I stand up, "I'm fine, a break would do us good", I fake smile and leave.

"Vanessa wait", Jake calls after me as I run to go meet the girls.

Tears run down my cheeks and I wipe it.

"Let's go guys", I say and open the back door seat.

"Are yo-"

"Let's go", I snap and Riley looks surprise.

Carter watches me with concern then see Jake come running to us.

"Go now", Carter pushes Stacy into the car as well as Riley, then shut both doors

"Drive Cal, see you later", he adds and kiss Stacy quickly.

I look out the window  as Caleb drives off quickly, I didn't dare look back.

Stacy looks at me worriedly as well as Riley from the review mirror, I ignore both stares.

***

I got out the car and got my bag.

"Baby cousin you're here", Gregory hugs Riley tightly lifting her up.

"Put me down hulk", she growls.

He smiles at Riley and then at me and scowl at Caleb.

"You break her heart, I'll-"

"Calm down, Drew already talked to him", Riley grabs his arm.

Stacy elbows me and tilts her head to the door, I see Greg standing there smirking.

"Go greet him", she whispers.

I walk to him and he immediately grins, "hi Vanessa", he hugs me.

"Hey."

"What's wrong?"He realizes my sad face and red eyes.

"Nothing", I avoid his green eyes.

"There's something definitely wrong and we'll talk about it when you get settle down", he states and takes my bag.

Vanessa remember me?" Andrew smirks.

"Of course, how can I forget such an ugly face? I bat my eyelashes him and his smirks fall to a glare.

"Ugly face? When chicks are running after this", he gestures to himself and I roll my eyes.

"Well I'm heading over to my friend's place, hope to see you soon", he kisses my hand and leaves.

Greg meets me in the living room eating ice cream.

"Now spill", he demands, the others are outside by the pool chilling.

"My boyfriend doesn't trust me and want us to take a 'break'", I quote the word.

"Well tonight you definitely have to dance with me", he grins,"also test your boyfriend's trust."

"That's if he comes", I mumble and eat my ice cream.

"Oh he will, this is the biggest college party of the season", he smirks.

I nod.

"Don't worry he'll come around, guys just confuse their emotions when they know that their girlfriends trust them a lot so they're afraid to screw up", he pats my shoulder and gets up.

"What's your costume?"I ask.

"You'll have to wait on that one Nes", he winks.

"Nes?"

"yep that's your new nickname from me", he grins.

"Then I'll call you G", I declare.

"Sounds good, see you later Nes",  he walks out.

Archer at the airport waiting for Michelle to arrive, too bad my brother and other best friend are going home for Halloween.

___

"Wow the place looks great, good work guys", Carter says entering the house.

We decorate the whole front and inside the house with Halloween decorations.

It it now 5: 30 pm, the party starts at 7 so Alex and the rest of the guys will be leaving campus now.

I am not sure about Jake, if he's still coming.

"Vanessa, Jake is coming", Carter says to me.

"How do you kn-"

"Because Jackson and Aden would be dragging him here", he grins and I laugh.

I walk back up the stairs to go get ready for the party, "you have to look smoking hot tonight", Riley grabs my arm and pulls me to her bedroom.

My costume is a short strapless white dress meeting mid thigh with matching heels and headpiece.

Riley's own is red strapless reaching before her knees, red heels and a matching long fork in her hand. 

It kind of brings out her hair color.

Stacy is going as a ketchup and Carter as a mustard.

"Why that costume Stac?" I ask.

"Girls will have a hard time trying to grind on him and they'll know I'm his girlfriend", she smirks.

Good reason though.

All I know Archer is coming as a slaughter and Michelle would be dress a duchess in a long, tight and large dress.

One hour and forty minutes later

"Guest are already starting to arrive, Gregory go put on some music!:  Riley shouts to her cousin who is on his phone.

I laugh as Stacy finish curl my hair and start to put on my make up.

"You look so hot, Jake's gonna flip when he sees you", she smiles.

"And other guys as well", I add.

"Guys I think you have to come downstairs, there's a girl that's not on the list demanding to come in she said that she knows Caleb", Gregory says.

"That bitch Madison, I'll handle this", Riley gets off her bed and walk out the room.

"When would the guys arrive?" I ask.

"Probably next hour, you can stay up here till they get here and I'll send someone up to get you when they arrive, now I have to go keep on eye on the alcohol so no one can slip anything into it", she finishes my make up and leaves.

Jake where are you?

**

Jake's  POV:

"here's your costume", Aden throws clothes at me.

"Who said I was going?" I frown if Vanessa wants a break I'll give her one.

"Us", Jackson, Aden, Harry, Alex, Lucas, Jay and Austin say in unison.

I roll my eyes and went to put on the pirate suite.

I don't know why I have to go I mean Vanessa is the one who wants a 'break'.

"You look good, now let's go", Jackson says grabs me dragging me along with him.

I'm not getting out of this, am I?

"Keys", he demands to me and I take it out the jacket that I have on.

I hand it to him.

"Aden, Lucas and Alex, you're with us", he says and drags me to my car.

"If you make any dick move night on Vanessa, you can kiss goodbye football, your reputation, car and Yale", he whispers to me.

I roll my eyes as he unlock the car and push me in the driver's seat, then shut the door. 

I glare at him and clutch my fist.

Next stop Riley's house, where it is.

2 hours latter

"Cool house", I comment as we pull through the gates.

I get out the car, I can hear the music loudly coming from the inside, the decorations look great.

We all walk to the door and a guy two years older than us, sandy brown hair stop us.

"Names", he demands and we all say our names.

"Sorry no Jake James on the guest list", he says.

Of course not, Vanessa made that list.

"But since the host is expecting you, I can make an expectation", he adds with a smirk.

He is dress in a cowboy clothes.

We all enter the house and the music seems even louder.

"Cool party, not as good as mine but acceptable", Alex says.

"That's because it is still early", Lucas retort as he check out a girl dress as a slutty vampire walk passes him.

"I'll see you guys later", he says and follows her.

I see Carter in a mustard costume.

"Dude, seriously?" I laugh.

"It was either this or a banana", he scoffs.

I laugh and shake my head, then I see Stacy talking to a guy with blonde hair. 

He is dress in a prince suite.

Then he nods his head and walk to the stairs.

"Jake glad you came", Stacy says to me.

"I was dragged here", I scoff.

I go to the kitchen and see people taking drinks from the counter, it is in cans and all are close.

Safe party, I like it.

There are a few sodas, coke and water.

"Hey Jake", Vanessa says and I turn around, she really look like an angel from above.

My mouth falls open and she blushes, her  make up just right and her hair curled perfectly.

"You look astonishing", I say and grab her waist pulling her closer to me.

She blushes even more as she looks up at me,"I trust you, please  believe me", I whisper as I lean close to her ear before kissing her neck softly.

"Vanessa you are needed in the living room", the same blonde hair guy interrupts us and I glare at him.

"Coming, I'll see you in a bit okay?" She kisses my cheek and leaves.

"Who are you?" I growl at him.

"You must be Jake", he smirk stretching out his arm.

"Who the hell ar-"

"I'm Greg, I'm sure you know my name from the look on your face", he smiles.

He's Greg?

I watch him more closely he and the guy from the front door look alike, except the hair color.

"Are you gay?" He frowns.

"No."

"Then stop checking me out, leave that to the girls", he smirks and my cheeks turn slightly red.

"Shut up", I grumble and knock his shoulder with mine when I pass him.

"Its no wonder she wants a break from a guy like you", I hear him say lowly.

"What?" I turn around.

"Oh nothing, just getting a drink", he smirk and grabs a beer.

I roll my eyes and leave the kitchen.

Vanessa  said he wasn't a threat, he look like a threat to me. I'm not going to let her know  that I'm threaten by him, when he leaves I wouldn't feel that way again.

I mean for good out of Vanessa's life.

____________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 2K 55
Belong To You: Acquainted Series BOOK II At a very young age Alice Fox lost her mother and with no father or family around she was adopted and taken...
With You By liv

Teen Fiction

32.3K 2.2K 18
"What should I call you then? Sebby? Bash? Bastian?" "Don't refer to me at all." College is not what Sebastian Georges expected. Once the school's '...
315K 2.8K 16
Kendall Lockwood spent her life in the shadows of other people. She was athletic but her brother, Austin, was the star quarterback. She was popular b...
7.4M 215K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...