She Wears Toms, He Wears Conv...

De Broken_Dream76

Carter Daniels is the new kid at Riverbank High. He chooses to sit next to Astrid Linnea who is one of the ou... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 19

333 12 1
De Broken_Dream76

"A Smooth Sea Never Made A Skilled Sailor"

Astrid's P.O.V

"Not like this." I bit my lip and closed my eyes, which gave me a second to think of a better response. In the end, I didn't have a witty reply. I just blurted the truth.

"You're driving me insane..." I whispered while opening my eyes and allowing us to keep eye contact. This response only seemed to make Carter content. A radiant smile was plastered to his face.

"Then, I'm doing something right." He replied. I let out a groan. That's the second time he's interrupted a kiss. When will be the perfect moment for him?

I thought back to when he first came to Riverbank. I remember telling myself over and over, not the fall for the cheeky boy in converse, but I think I did. I don't know why I'm so shocked by this, the only promises I've ever broken were the ones that I made to myself.

--------------------------------------------

"You can't miss out on an opportunity like this." My Mother and Harlow replied in unison. I had just told them all about the whole 'modeling' trip, and they both thought that I should go.

"You'll still be able to go to the beach with us, right?" Harlow inquired.

"Yes, I'd only be leaving Friday night," I answered while crossing my right leg over my left.

"I'd love for you to go, it would be such a great experience. The decision is yours." My Mum told me.

"Thank you," I said while pulling out my phone.

To: Carter

Tell your Mum that I can go.

After I had pressed send, I let my phone rest on my lap. I quickly re-entered the conversation my Mother and Har were having. However, I had to exit soon since Carter had replied.

From: Carter

Excellent, I can't wait. x

I let out a soft sigh before thinking of a suitable reply.

To: Carter

No, no more x's.

My response must've amused him since it took him only a few seconds to respond.

From: Carter

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I rolled my eyes, completely unaware that I was being watched intently by Harlow.

To: Carter

Crucio.

From: Carter

Well, I think the cruciatus curse was a bit harsh, don't you?

To: Carter

Perhaps it wasn't harsh enough...

From: Carter

That's it. I'm taking you to Azkaban; with the Dementors.

To: Carter

No, not the Dementors!

From: Carter

Well, maybe you shouldn't have used one of the three unforgivable curses...

To: Carter

Don't make me use the killing curse.

From: Carter

I'd like to see you try.

To: Carter

Avada Kedavra.

From: Carter

I survived...

I let out a small laugh. Instead of replying, I decided to set my phone down. When I looked up, I met the curious eyes of my Mother and Harlow. Great.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

----------------------------------------------

"That'll be 8.67" The boy behind the counter announced. I quickly handed him the money and took the ice cream. I handed one to Harlow and one to my Mother. I whispered a 'Thanks' as we walked back towards the beach.

We began to walk along the shore while attempting to finish our ice cream before it melted.

"ARGHHH." I managed to let out while ice cream dripped down my hand.

"JAYDEN!" Harlow shouted. By shouted, I meant roared. I swear, sometimes, she has no idea just how loud she truly is.

I glanced up. This is the first time I've been this close to Jayden since the amusement park. Jayden stopped talking to me when Aiden did. Those were still painful memories, but they were less painful since I started talking to Carter. I don't know how to explain it. I guess my problems didn't really seem like problems when I was around him.

"Hello, Jayden." I began in a cheery voice; I also gave him a small wave. He seemed somewhat relieved at my reaction to seeing him. I guess he expected me to be angry. Maybe I should've been upset, but it just seemed so pointless to hold a grudge when I had moved on and found someone who makes me happy.

"Long time, no see." He replied in a soft tone. It was as if he was still worried that I would blow up at him at any moment. Then again, he was always a shy guy.

"Yeah, I missed you. We should catch up sometime." I responded.

"Actually, I came over here to talk to you." He mentioned while scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm right here," I told him.

"Um... Alone..." He stated while looking at Harlow and my Mother.

"Harlow, do you mind?"I asked her, seeking her approval. I didn't want to be alone with her boyfriend if she didn't want me to.

"Go ahead. I trust you, Astrid." She urged. I gave her a smile before venturing down the beach for a few minutes with Jayden.

The warm sun made my skin tingle; perchance, it was just the beginning of a sunburn. I couldn't help but notice how the grains of sand would squish between my toes or the familiar sound of the waves crashing onto the shore. I peered around. There were couples applying sunscreen. There also were children laughing and splashing each other in the water. It was an ordinary beach day. Once we were far off enough not to be heard, he quickly started a conversation. I glanced back at Harlow, who gave me a wave before applying sunscreen to her arms.

"Okay, Astrid. I'm sorry for being immature. We used to be four close best friends, and I just cut you off." He began.

"Apology accepted, you know I can't hold grudges," I told him with a smile; however, he did not return my smile.

"I'm glad that we can be friends again, but I knew you were going to do that anyway. Truthfully I'm here to talk to you about Aiden." He said. I tilted my head to the side; it was something I always did when I was confused or when I sought further information about the subject.

"Listen, Astrid. He's in the car. He's been a wreck-" He quickly explained. However, even Jayden knew I was going to cut him off. This wasn't Aiden. He never acted like this.

"Yeah, because he seemed so hurt with his one-word text after he walked away after kissing me! He walked out on me. He forgot me when he should've been noticing me the most. If he was here, he should've explained it to me himself." I spat. Jayden flinched at my harsh words. I closed my eyes hard and took a deep breath.

"Jayden, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to-"

"No, obviously, you aren't over it." He said with a small smirk.

"How could I be? He just left..." I whispered while looking down.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" He questioned.

"No," I answered before my brain could even think about an answer.

"He's been a wreck." He repeated.

"Well, he doesn't seem like it. Where is Samantha? They're probably kissing right now! The only thing that's different from last year is that you'll be there to comfort him when the break up comes this time." My words came out harsher than I intended. I guess talking about Aiden was a touchy subject. My temper seemed to rise so fast.

"I'm sorry." I breathed as I looked down.

"It's okay." He comforted. "Also, that brings me to my second point..." He began.

"Yeah?" I inquired; I was quite delighted to change the subject to anything other than Aiden.

"So... You and Carter..." He started while giving me a big smile, which suggested he knew more than he let on.

"Ugh, you sound so much like Harlow..." I commented. At the mention of her name, his cheeks flushed; it was so cute. It made me wonder if there was anyone who blushed when my name was spoken. Probably not.

"I'm guessing she told you everything?" I continued.

"Every detail." He began. "Just one thing... Don't you think you're getting too close too quickly? I don't mean to be the protective type. I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Finally Free De lulustoriesss

Ficção Adolescente

212K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
261K 4.9K 14
Ella James has a hard time at school. Sure, she has good grades, but her biggest problem is one person. Austin. Austin Turner has bullied Ella since...
5.1K 204 21
Emma just moved to a new city and isn't very enthusiastic about the idea, until she meets one boy who changes her mind. Then, when there are problems...
159 0 10
"Holy shit, I missed you!" "I knew you'd miss me~" Marianne thought that love was just something for those who are either desperate or lucky, mainly...