her voice || glee

By GEMOfTheNight

Our hearts hold our feelings, our minds think those feelings, our lips speak those feelings, and our bodies h... More

her...
i. her past
ii. her childhood friend
iii. her dance lesson
iv. her new friends
vi. her sectionals
vii. her christmas
viii. her voice
ix. her obliviousness
x. her valentines
xi. her maybe
xii. her sexiness
xiii. her regionals
xiv. her nationals
xv. her heart
xvi. her feelings
xvii. her epiphany
xviii. her partner
xix. her confidence
xx. her happiness
xxi. her inspiration
xxii. her other childhood friend
xxiii. her winning streak
xxiv. her first crush
xxv. her power
xxvi. her haven
xxvii. her home
xxviii. her love song
xxix. her warblers
xxx. her last show
xxxi. her other half
xxxii. her future

v. her position

17.4K 326 38
By GEMOfTheNight

────── 🎶─────

"Knock, knock, Aimeé here."

Kurt turned his attention away from his mirror and saw Aimeé standing by the door of his dorm room, smiling and waving at him.

His eyes widened in surprise before squealing excitedly and rushing over to her. "Beyoncé, oh my god! You're here!" he said and embraced her tightly. "You're early, though."

Aimeé chuckled in amusement. "Of course. It's your first day, and I promised your friends back in Lima that I'll be taking care of you here at Dalton." she explained and noticed his necktie on his bed. "Here let me tie this for you."

She grabbed Kurt's tie and neatly tied it around his neck. After she was done, she gently placed it behind his Dalton blazer.

"There. Now, you won't look like a sore thumb." she teased, remembering the first time they met. "Let's go?"

Kurt nodded eagerly and hooked his arm around hers before walking out of the room. The two walked side by side inside Dalton Academy, the hallways were filled with other students, who waved and high five them in greeting.

"Hey, Aimeé?" Kurt called out to the girl beside him.

Aimeé glanced at him and smiled. "Yeah?"

"My parents told me what you did for them and everything you did for me until now, the honeymoon and my sudden transfer. Thank you so much." Kurt said gratefully and embraced her tightly.

Aimeé shook her head. "It's nothing, Porcelain. You're my friend, and I wanted to help you. It's the least thing I could do." she explained and pulled away. "My parents weren't able to be at the wedding, so it was their wedding gift."

Kurt frowned slightly. "Actually, least is not the right word for that." he told her.

Aimeé shrugged and laughed in amusement as Kurt playfully glared at her before laughing as well. She glanced around to find Jeff and Nick nearby with the other Warblers, and nodded at them.

Nick stepped forward and started singing.

I'm coming out
I'm coming

The Warblers walked behind Nick and harmonized with each other as the students quickly stepped aside, surprising Kurt.

I'm coming out
I'm coming out
I'm coming out
I'm coming out
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

Aimeé walked over to her fellow Warblers and sang in front of Kurt.

There's a new me coming out
And I just had to live
And I wanna give
I'm completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never knew it
Ooh, I'll make it through

Aimeé stepped back to join the other Warblers dancing behind her as Nick stepped forward to sing.

The time has come for me
To break out of this shell
I have to shout
That I am coming out

The Warblers danced around Kurt, who smiled in awe.

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show
I'm coming
I'm (coming out) coming
(I want the world to know)
(I got to let it show)

Aimeé grabbed Kurt's hand and led him down the hallway towards the senior commons with the Warblers dancing behind them.

I've got to show the world
All that I wanna be
And all my abillities
There's so much more to me
Somehow, I have to make them
Just understand
I got it well in hand
And, oh, how I've planned

Blaine smiled as he walked out of the senior commons and approached Kurt, who looked flustered to see him.

I'm spreadin' love
There is no need to fear
And I just feel so good
Everytime I hear

Aimeé and Blaine danced in the hallway as the Warblers stood and harmonized behind them.

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show
I'm coming out (coming)
I want the world to know (out)
Got to let it show (I'm coming)
I'm coming out (coming)
I want the world to know (out)
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show

Aimeé and Blaine stepped aside as one by one, the Warblers danced in the middle of the hallway.

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show (want the world to know)
(I got to let it show)
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show

Aimee stepped forward with Blaine and the Warblers behind her as they faced Kurt, who was enjoying their performance.

I'm coming out (I'm coming)
I want the world to know (out)
Got to let it show
(I want the world to know, gotta let it show)
I'm coming out (I'm, I'm, I'm)
I want the world to know (I'm coming out)
Got to let it show (watch out, I'm coming out)
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show
I'm coming out (coming, coming out)
I want the world to know
Got to let it show (want the world to know)
(Got to let it show)
I'm, I'm coming out
I have to shout that I'm comin' out
I want the world to know, I gotta let it show
I'm coming, I'm coming out

The Warblers stood in front of Kurt and ended their performance to formally welcome him in Dalton.

Aimeé walked closer to Kurt and smiled happily. "Welcome to Dalton Academy, Kurt!"

The Warblers cheered loudly and smiled at Kurt, who looked positively overwhelmed at their warm welcome.

🎶

"I'm happy to announce that there will be a new student joining us today at Dalton. Blaine and I personally know him, and let me just say, he is a very talented singer."

Aimeé stood before the Warblers with Blaine, Thad, Wes and David standing beside her.

"Without further ado, let's welcome the newest addition to the Warblers, Kurt Hummel!"

Jeff and Trent opened the wooden double doors of the senior commons and standing at the other side of the door was Kurt.

The Warblers happily cheered and applauded Kurt as he confidently entered the room, while Aimeé sat on the maroon armchair beside the fireplace with Blaine, Thad, Wes and David sitting on the long table beside her.

"And, our oldest tradition for our newest Warbler, an actual Warbler." Wes said and gestured to Blaine.

"Kurt, meet Pavarotti." Blaine said and lifted the birdcage in his hand.

"Pavarotti is a member of an unbroken line of canaries who have been at Dalton since 1891." Aimeé told Kurt as Blaine walked over to him and handed him Pavarotti.

"It's your job to take care of him so he can live to carry on the Warbler legacy. Protect him, that bird is your voice." Wes added.

Kurt chuckled in amusement. "Hey, I'll bring him to work with me. Weekends, I volunteer at a stray cat rescue. It's at the bottom of a coal mine." he joked.

The Warblers exchanged wary glances and looked at him grimly, only Aimeé and Blaine understood his joke and stifled their laughs as they looked at each other.

Seeing the Warblers' faces, Kurt panicked. "That was a joke, I don't work at a coal mine." he told them.

Wes glanced at Aimeé, who nodded to begin their meeting. He nodded back and hit his gravel.

"Let the meeting begin."

Aimeé stood up from her armchair and faced the Warblers. "Today, we discuss the set list for sectionals, which is a week from now." she said and walked around the room. "The theme for this year is about youth. We will base everything with the said theme."

Kurt raised his hand and he looked around. "Where's the director? Shouldn't he or she be the one to discuss the set list?" he asked, confused.

Blaine shook his head. "We don't have a director." he told him and looked at Aimeé. "We do have a Captain, and it's Aimeé."

Aimeé nodded as Kurt turned to her. "Every year, I choose some upperclassmen to be part of the Warblers Council, and help me lead the group. For this year, I have chosen Blaine, Thad, Wes and David." she explained and smiled. "But, don't worry, everyone has a say. Your opinions matter."

"Oh fantastic!" Kurt said and clapped excitedly. "I have a lot of ideas. Warblers, if I may? Now, I can't deny that the Warblers vocals are absolutely dreamy, and Aimeé's powerful voice alone can lead us to victory, but I believe our set for sectionals this year should have a little more showbiz panache. I think we should open with Rio by Duran Duran."

Thad, Wes and David exchanged awkward glances and turned to Aimeé, who only smiled at her friend's enthusiasm.

"Aimeé is responsible for the song selection." David told Kurt.

"But, we appreciate your enthusiasm, Kurt." Wes added and Aimeé noticed Kurt's face fell. "It'll come in handy one day when Aimeé chooses you."

Aimeé and Blaine glanced each other when they saw how disappointed Kurt was.

🎶

After the meeting, Aimeé and Blaine were the only ones left inside the senior commons.

"Kurt's disappointed." Aimeé said as she slumped down beside Blaine on the maroon sofa.

Blaine nodded agreement. "He is. He's new, and far from home. He's still adjusting being in a new school and environment. It'll take time. I'm sure he'll be fine." he assured her.

Aimeé sighed softly. "Hmm, how should I say this? Kurt only wants what's best, but I feel like he---"

"Wants to be noticed. Yeah, I get it. He's giving off this personal solo vibes."

"He must be used to competing the solo spot back at McKinley, and teamwork is something he's unfamiliar with."

The two childhood friends were silent for a moment before Aimeé thought of an idea.

"Why don't you invite Kurt to audition for a solo?" she suggested.

Blaine furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "If Kurt makes it, then you won't get your own solo." he told her.

Aimeé shook her head. "I don't mind. It's one solo, it's not like I'm not singing at all. Honestly, I'm more excited for our duet than anything." she admitted and looked at Blaine and saw his face had more color than usual. "You're red, Blaine. Do you have a fever?"

She placed a hand over her forehead and was about to do the same to Blaine, but he quickly stood up and turned his back to her.

"I'll find Kurt!" Blaine said quickly and ran away from the senior commons.

Aimeé blinked for a moment before glancing around the empty room and realized she was left alone. "What?"

🎶

Aimeé quietly watched as Kurt stood up to prepare himself for his solo audition, while she sat on her maroon armchair with Blaine sitting on the armrest.

"Whenever you are ready, Kurt." she said and leaned back to her chair.

Kurt nodded. "I am."

It won't be easy
You'll think it's strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love
After all that I've done
You won't believe me
All you will see
Is a girl you once knew
Although she's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you

Aimeé almost ruined the serious atmosphere in the senior commons by laughing when Kurt walked over to the window and gazed outside as if he was in a music video, but she controlled herself.

I had to let it happen
I had to change
Couldn't stay all my life down at heel
Looking out of the window
Staying out of the sun
So I chose freedom

Kurt turned away from the window and faced his fellow Warblers, who were all immersed with his singing.

Running around trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it too

Kurt walked away from the window and stood in the middle of the room.

Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

Kurt was about to raise his hands up, but he noticed Aimeé and Blaine quickly signaling him to put his hands down, which he did.

Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance
Have I said to much?
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you

Aimeé controlled herself not to laugh once again as Kurt returned to the window and looked at her, or more specifically at the person beside her.

But all you have to do
Is look at me to know

Blaine glanced at Aimeé, who shook her head when they saw Kurt raised a hand in the air.

That every word is true

Aimeé, Blaine and the Warblers applaud Kurt for his amazing performance.

🎶

Aimeé, Blaine, Thad, Wes and David were the only ones left after dismissing the other Warblers and telling Kurt, Nick and Jeff, the three Warblers who auditioned, to wait in the waiting room for the result of their auditions.

"Jeff has improved so much since he joined us." David said.

Wes nodded in agreement. "So is Nick. Both of them have showed great improvement." he added.

Thad looked at the only girl in the room. "What's your decision, Aimeé?" he asked.

"Jeff and Nick are moving on." Aimeé said as she smiled proudly at the thought of her first friend in Dalton being praised by their fellow Warblers.

The Warbler Council smiled and nodded at her decision.

"How about Kurt?" David asked.

Aimeé sighed softly and forced out a small smile. "Kurt's has an amazing voice, he has the talent." she said and Blaine nodded in agreement. "However, his song choice and the way he sang earlier screams attention, which is not what we are looking for. Everyone knows that the Warblers are about teamwork."

Blaine, Thad, Wes and David nodded. "We agree with your decision, Aimeé."

Aimeé smiled gratefully. "Kurt's my friend, but it won't affect my decisions for the Warblers." she added.

"We'll tell them your decision."

Thad, Wes and David stood up to leave, but Aimeé shooked her head to stop them.

"No, let me do it."

Blaine placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm going with you." he said and Aimeé nodded.

Thad, Wes and David glanced knowingly at each other as Aimeé and Blaine left the senior commons and went to waiting room, where Kurt, Jeff and Nick were anxiously waiting.

"Hey guys." Blaine greeted the three Warblers.

Kurt, Jeff and Nick looked up and saw Aimeé and Blaine smiling at them.

Aimeé looked at two of the very first friends she made at school. "Jeff, Nick. You two are moving on." she told them.

Jeff and Nick's eyes widened in shock and stood to hug each other. They quickly pulled away and rushed over to Aimeé to hug her.

"Aimeé!"

Aimeé laughed happily as she tightly embraced the two. "Congrats, you two!"

Jeff sighed in relief as he pulled away. "Thanks. I'll see you later." he said as he and Nick happily walked out of the room together

Aimeé turned to Kurt and saw the grim look on his face as he looked at her and Blaine.

"Any sage advice?" he asked, and both Aimeé and Blaine smiled sadly at him.

"Don't try so hard next time." Blaine told him.

"I didn't realize that caring was frowned upon." Kurt said.

"I don't know how it worked at McKinley, but didn't you notice that here in Dalton Academy we all wear uniforms?" Aimeé asked as Kurt glanced at her and Blaine's Dalton uniform. "It's about being part of the team, and the Warblers are a team, that includes you Kurt."

"I guess I'm just used to having to scream to get noticed." Kurt confessed.

Aimeé sat beside Kurt and placed a comforting hand on his arm. "You're not gonna make it as a Warbler if all you care about is getting noticed." she told him and Blaine nodded in agreement.

Kurt sighed softly and nodded. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"I know it's gonna take some getting used to, but you'll fit in soon enough. I promise." Blaine told him and glanced at Aimeé. "Aimeé and I will be there for you, every step of the way."

Aimeé smiled at him and looked back at Kurt. "You'll get used to it, Kurt. I know you will." she assured him.

Kurt could only smile sadly at the two.

────── 🎶─────

SONGS:

• I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross

• Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Evita

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 4 80
Dalton Academy, an all boys school in Westerville,Ohio is where only the best and ,most of them, "straight" A' students are. Blaine, a junior, is pr...
66.6K 1.3K 35
Cavanagh Redman is an ordinary girl, who goes to dalton academy, a school for all boys. She meets her best friend Kurt Hummel who happens to be gay...
193K 6.8K 35
Kurt Hummel's life had led up to the very moment he took the chance to escape to the big city, New York. Blaine Anderson's morning had led up to the...
13.3K 399 11
It’s summer break and all Kurt’s friends from the New Directions are out of town. His sister, Eleanor, convinces him to hang out with her and her fri...