Destined || Luke Hemmings

By taylorms4

Summer has finally arrived and Taylor can't wait to leave her boring town and go to her beach house. She's be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
The Party (Part 1)
The Party (Part 2)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
*Another Author's Note*
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
TRAILER!!!

Epilogue

12.9K 326 95
By taylorms4

Taylor and Luke tried to keep in touch. The first month worked out perfectly; Luke would text her in the morning before he went to sleep and before she went to bed when he woke up. It was a strong system, but it eventually started to weaken.Tour rehearsals and research papers started to get in the way. Everyday turned into every other day, then once a week, once every other week, once a month, then never. The communication faded but the love never did.

Luke wrote songs about Taylor, inspiration coming from memories and reminders of their summer together. Wherever You Are was about their last day together at the airport and everyday after that. Amnesia was written one day when Luke was scrolling through the camera roll on his phone and discovered all the pictures he took in LBI that summer. Beside You was how Luke spent his long plane ride to London, when he remembered that the last plane ride he took was the one that flew him away from Taylor.

Taylor abandoned her dream of being a teacher to wanting to become a studio manager. Seeing Luke's dream come true inspired her, making her want to help other aspiring musicians' dreams come true as well.

After the summer, Sean kept his promise. He showed up to Taylor's door after school one day with flowers. Taylor had been trying to call Luke that day and he wasn't answering, leaving her distraught. Depressed and flattered by Sean's romantic gesture and willingness to drive the hour and a half, Taylor invited him in. The house was empty, they were alone and after a few hours of catching up and laughing they ended up in the bedroom. They had sex; Taylor tried to enjoy it but she couldn't get the thought of Luke's touch out of her head. But, after a while of Sean coming over on the weekends and them having sex, the thought disappeared.

While Taylor was using Sean to help her get over Luke, Luke was refusing girls left and right. There was one night in London where he and the boys went to a club and Luke got incredibly drunk. He was dragged back to a slutty blonde with the worst intentions's apartment. She wasted no time in removing her clothes, and when she reached to unbutton his pants he stopped her. He couldn't do it, her touch made him nauseous. He didn't want anyone else to touch him but Taylor. He ran out of the girl's apartment shirtless and barefoot, clutching the apparel in his hands. Luke cried that night, the first time he cried about Taylor in a month.

The two never truly got over each other. Taylor was masking her feelings by sleeping with Sean and Luke was distracting himself with his music and his rapidly increasing fanbase.

July 2nd was a special day though. It was the day that the Take Me Home Tour came to New Jersey.

Taylor had bought tickets when they first went on sale, in April before the summer she met Luke. She didn't want to go, but she was a huge fan of One Direction and her friend would kill her if she bailed. So she went and was a total wreck when 5 Seconds of Summer was performing. The sound of Luke's voice brought back countless memories. Her seats weren't very good so she couldn't see Luke, but she could if she looked up at the jumbotron. Taylor tried her hardest not to, but she had to. When the cameras were on Luke she saw just how much he changed in the past year. He was more beautiful, his hair was longer and she dreamed that his eyes were bluer.

Luke was a nervous wreck in soundcheck. He remembered Taylor saying she already had tickets purchased for the show when Ashton first gave them the news. He knew she was going to be there in the crowd, at least he was hoping she was if she didn't decide to not go because of their falling out.

Luke saw Taylor after the show by the tour buses. Taylor was waiting for One Direction to come out and Luke was sneaking to his tour bus with the boys. He was in an unmarked car laughing with Michael about the poor girls waiting in the rain for the international popstars that weren't coming through the gate. They all left through a secret door and were driven behind the venue. But then he saw her standing on the fence talking to a girl he presumed was a friend.

Luke yelled for the driver to stop the car and drive over to the fence. He rolled the window down and called her name before he could make a plan. Taylor whipped her head around, her eyes widening when she saw him. Taylor was frozen in her spot, seeing Luke in person for the first time in a year froze her body. Taylor looked to her friend, Sabrina, asking her what to do. Sabrina told her to go and that she would cover for her. Taylor thanked her and walked over to the car, stumbling with fear.

Luke opened the car door for her and she slowly climbed in, still in shock about what was happening. As soon as Taylor sat down Michael pulled her into a hug, rambling about how much he missed her. Calum did the same and so did Ashton, who then proceeded to ask how Amanda was. Ashton and Amanda agreed before the summer ended that they were going to break up, long distance being neither of their thing. Luke sat back and watched her reunite with everyone, too nervous to actually talk to her. Luke notice how much she has changed in the year they were apart. Although he didn't think it was remotely possible, Taylor had gotten more beautiful. Taylor noticed the same thing when she finished updating Ashton about Amanda, when she returned to her seat next to Luke and looked at him. She was right, Luke's eyes had gotten more blue.

After a night of storytelling and catching up with the boys, Luke and Taylor found themselves alone in the hotel room Luke and Calum were sharing for the night. They talked for a while but it eventually got very quiet. Silence took over and the two stared at each other, unaware of what to say next. Instead of words, Luke kissed her. Taylor immediately kissed him back and the two found themselves making up for lost time.

After they were done, they were cuddling in the bed naked. Luke was playing with her hair and Taylor was playing with a necklace around Luke's neck. It had to be new because he never wore it that summer but it looked strangely familiar. It suddenly hit her, the pendant attached to the chain wasn't a pendant at all. In fact, it was the silver guitar pick Taylor got Luke for his 17th birthday. It was engraved, the script saying "Remember me when you're famous. Love, Taylor" A hole was punched through the top and a chain was strung through it, turning it into the necklace that Luke was wearing.

Taylor asked Luke about the necklace and he blushed. Luke told her about how he was searching for his suitcase one day when he was packing for the tour. He liked to check the pockets to see what has been left behind and he found it in the front pocket in the box she gave it to him in. He look it to his local jeweler and got it made into a necklace. This was November and he has been wearing it ever since. Taylor kissed him, her heart swelled at Luke's story.

The two fell asleep in each other's arms. When Taylor woke up the next morning, she almost cried when she realized where she was. She quietly untangled herself from Luke and redressed herself. She wrote him a small note and taped it to the bathroom mirror, hoping he would see it after she left. Taylor took one last look at her summer love before leaving the hotel room and heading home.

Luke woke up that morning 10 minutes after Taylor left. He had just missed her, though he didn't know that. He noticed he slept naked and that Calum's bed was empty. Luke was momentarily confused until he remembered everything that happened the night before. When Luke realized he was alone in the bed, he panicked. Luke searched around the small hotel room, checking under the beds even though he knew he was being ridiculous. He stepped into the bathroom and saw the note she left on the mirror.

"I had an amazing time last night, it was great to see you. Tell the boys I said goodbye! The show was great, I always knew 5sos would do great things -Taylor"

Luke grabbed the note and ran back into the bedroom, stowing it safely in his guitar case. Luke didn't know if last night was a sign of destiny or a lucky one night stand but he didn't care. He got to see Taylor again and to him that's all that mattered.

Taylor had to take the train home, Sabrina took the car home the night before. Taylor tried to focus on the music playing in her ears but her mind was cluttered with Luke. She didn't know how she felt about what happened, but she was happy it happened. It was great closure to see him again and she hoped it would help her move on. She knew she couldn't tell Sean though, he would be so mad and she didn't want to ruin anything when they just started to get serious. She knew that she cheated, but he had tried to get her to cheat with him before so it didn't seem that terrible. Taylor didn't even know if she wanted to be in a relationship with Sean. But he clearly did and he was there.

Luke started calling again and Taylor started answering again. They felt rekindled and reconciled and everything felt right. But, like the last time, they fell out of touch.

Their relationship was in the past, they were different people now. But, if they were destined like they thought they were, then maybe fate had some new beginnings for them in store.

________________
this was just a little epilogue type thing to fill in the gap between destined and the sequel.

speaking of, new beginnings, the destined sequel, has been posted!! the first chapter is up so if you're a destined fan then thats the place to be ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262 8 21
My family decided it would be a brilliant fucking idea for us to move house , not only house but country... Going from rainy old England to Australia...
533K 11.7K 32
The story of Jess, she never wanted to move to Australia, but she was forced to move with her father and two brothers. When she arrives, she finds ou...
161K 5.6K 30
Angeli and her family move to a new city due to her dad's job. Her parents are very reluctant to take the new house due to rumors about the murders m...
159K 4.4K 25
Ally Brighten is the good girl from New York. What will happen when her life is turned upside down by her moms death , moving to Australia with her f...