Chapter 2

(Luke's POV)

"LAAAND!!" Calum screams as he lies down and kisses the floor, causing a scene at the airport. I laugh whilst trying to avoid eye contact from the people walking past us.

We had just gotten off a 22-hour flight from Australia and I am overjoyed to be finally off the small, cramped plane. We being my band, 5 Seconds of Summer. The band consists of me (Luke Hemmings), and my 3 best friends: Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood and Michael Clifford. We just finished a tour in Australia and are worn out, so we decided to take the summer off and spend it in a beach house in Long Beach Island in America.

The moment we arrived at our house World War III broke out trying to decide who gets which bedroom. In the end, Michael ended up "winning" and got the biggest room. But, I didn't mind that much because my room has a door to the balcony that looks over the ocean. I set my bags down on my bed and begin unpacking.

"What do you guys wanna do?" Ashton asks us as we lay on the couches in the main area of the house after a brutal hour of unpacking.

"Why don't we head down to the beach?" Calum suggests. Ash and Mike nodd in agreement but I moan; I was so tired from unpacking and the plane ride I didn't want to move from my spot on the couch.

"I'm too tired to move"

"C'mon Luke, stop being a whiny little girl and get your bathing suit on, its beautiful out let's not waste the day" Ashton said to me and then proceeded to give me the puppy dog face

I moan again but reluctantly sat up and walked to my room to change. I can sleep on the beach.

The walk to the beach was extremely short due to the fact all we had to do was walk out the front door and walk to the beach entrance less than 100 feet away. We found a spot and set up our towels, making a square so we can communicate.

"Fuck I forgot my headphones" Ashton mutters. We all look through our bags and realize no one brought headphones or speakers. And although our house was so close, we are all insanely lazy and would rather sit in silence than walk 100 feet to the house and get speakers.

"Oh well, we talk enough that-" Michael started to say but was soon cut off my Calum

"Shh"

"What?" We all looked at Calum whose face was scrunched up like he was concentrating on something.

"Guys, listen. Do you hear that? I hear All Time Low" All of our faces soon mimicked Calum's, scrunched up in concentration. And what do you know? All of a sudden I could hear the chorus of Backseat Serenade playing somewhere near us.

"There. It's her. On the balcony!" Ashton pointed excitedly to the house behind me. I whipped my head around and saw her. Sitting on a chair on the balcony directly behind us was a girl who looked about my age, reading a book, legs rested on the bottom of the banister, foot tapping to the beat of Backseat Serenade by All Time Low.

"She seems pretty cool" Calum says

"She seems pretty hot" Michael confesses

"Dude, she's sat up on a balcony and we can barely see her face" Ashton laughs

"It's a girl in a bikini listening to All Time Low, how is that not hot? I don't need to see her face" Michael declares and we all chuckle at his comment. I turn around to take a second look at her but quickly regret it as she picks her head up and we make eye contact. She sends a small smile in my direction and I smile back at her before turning around to face my friends.

About 15 minutes later I turn back around to glance at the girl and see her getting up from her chair and walking back into the house through a screen door.

I smile to myself. Knowing my friends, I'll be seeing more of her.

This is going to be a good summer.

__________________________________________________________

Hi! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! I know I know its only chapter 2 and nothing has really happened yet BUT THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!! its only the beginning ;) many things to look forward to.

ps im sorry about the summer theme with school starting and everything but the idea popped into my head and ive been meaning to write a fanficton and i took the opportunity

PICTURE OF TAYLOR IS IN THE EXTERNAL LINK (yes that is me and yes my name is actually taylor. but its my story, i do what i want :) )

let me know what you think so far! feedback is encouraged!!

follow me on twitter!!- @snowmanluke