Chapter 18

(Luke’s POV)

It’s been a few hours since mine and Taylor’s screaming match/love confessing extravaganza. I texted Michael and told him to send Emily home. He made some crude comment about me and Taylor “getting it on” and said Emily left. I still can’t believe Taylor loves me. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier in my entire life than when those four beautiful words left her perfect lips. “I love you, Luke” I didn’t even realize I loved her until she kissed Calum; I knew I had feelings stronger than liking towards her but it took seeing her kiss him to figure it out. I was filled with such anger and jealousy, thinking that she is mine and only mine. It’s funny how watching her kiss another guy, my best friend nonetheless, made me realize how I truly felt about her. Now that I have Taylor back, I need to make her mine.

We’re currently sitting on my bed watching Arrested Development on my laptop. I hear Taylor giggle and I look down smiling at her; she’s so cute.

“I knew you were something special since the moment I saw you” I confess and kiss the top of her head

“When you almost knocked me over at the diner?” Taylor winks and I shake my head

“Nope. I saw you before that, I just didn’t realize it at the time”

Taylor raises her eyebrow, waiting for me to continue.

“The first day the lads and I got here we went to the beach but we forgot all of our headphones and speakers. While we were deciding what to do, Calum shushed us because he heard music. Ashton pointed to a balcony and there you were, reading and listening to All Time Low. You looked up right at me. And in that moment I knew you were someone I wanted to get to know. I know it’s sappy and lame but—“ I’m cut off by Taylor cupping my face and kissing me lightly.

“I remember that” She whispers as she pulls away

“Then the next day I almost knocked you down in the diner” I nudge her shoulder

“But how did you realize it was me?”

“I didn’t at first. I realized it was you when you first invited us over. The day of your first date with Brian”

Taylor sits there for a moment, taking in what I just told her. “It’s almost like you were meant to push me in the line. So we could meet”

“I would like to think we were destined to meet” I reply

“I didn’t know you were such a romantic sap, Hemmings”

“Shut up, Brunner” I roll my eyes and laugh, turning my attention back to the laptop screen. Taylor kisses my cheek and turns her head to continue watching.

To: Emily

Hey, thanks for you help but Taylor and I worked it out. We don’t need to fake date anymore but I really appreciate you helping me!

From: Emily

No problem, you were a great fake boyfriend ;) Taylor is a lucky girl