If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 35 : race till terrace

11.7K 618 135
By Aafrynn

Aaron Reynolds's Pov

I sauntered around the party greeting all my business associates one by one. I usually hated to do such formalities but I had to .

I noted one thing through out this party . Miss Waters wasn't around , she usually kept showing herself up after every couple of minutes but today she wasn't visible . It felt odd . I didn't see her from the moment we distanced from each other . I threw the mask to the nearest bin after separating myself from her.

Is she in trouble ? Not again. I decided to inquire about her so I paved my way towards Cody . "Hey , did you see Miss Waters around ?", I questioned breaking his intimacy with his partner. I don't remember his name so its better I term him as his partner.

"Someone's missing someone ", Cody chuckled.

Seriously ? Can't he think about anything apart from this topic.  "Yeah , have you seen her around ? ", I tried resorting back to the question I previously  asked.

"Not after you left "

"Thanks ", I smiled sarcastically as he proved out to be no help to me . I needed to find her , to safeguard her . She could be in trouble , James was trouble. What if something bad happened to her ? What if I am not on time before something devastating happens ?

I stroke away the negative thoughts which were taking birth in my mind. I decided to have a word regarding it with Mr Caleb . He wasn't in the party so I gave him a call and informed him to meet me in the hotel's technical room so that we could have a surveillance through the cctv camera's footage  .

I took a seat while waiting for him . Yeah , I was given access to the confidential footage . I had 40% of the shareholdings of this hotel plus my name always did half the work . "Hey , took you too long ", I sighed on arrival of Mr Caleb .

He nodded greeting me and entered the code as the hotel used encryption . "hey look ", he pointed towards a figure who was talking with Miss Waters whilst she was eating.

"Oh No. Fuck no . Fuck him ", I analyzed his outfit and realized that it matched mine . His outward appearance matched my look too . Someone disguised himself as me to take advantage over her. No, the question of someone doesn't arises . It was James , definitely James.

"The pieces match , extend the tape to the place he's taking her ", I peeped in closer to have a magnified view. The footage was unclear as there was an enormous crowd in the party .

"Move , move , move , he's at the terrace ", I clenched my fists and took long steps towards the terrace . I didn't care if Mr Caleb followed me or not , I had to save her . She had a virus named James involved in her life because of me , I had to clean the system before any mishap actually happened.

I took longer steps then usual but didn't run , there were a lot of people present in the party . I didn't really intend to create a Chaos . After reaching the hallway , I multiplied my speed of walking into running . I saw the bodyguards waiting outside the locked door .

"What are you idiots paid for ?", I questioned breathing fast .

"Sir , if you're here then who is he ?", one of them spoke , agitation could be felt in his voice.

"Break the door ", I ignored his question and signaled him to break the door . I held my breadth , I was scared . Not of James but for Miss Waters . She was trouble since the say she walked in , she affected me though . She has been affecting me since the day we met . I regret doing that in past , the guilt doesn't allows me to shake a friendly hand with her.

No , we weren't friends . Maybe we were more or less . I created trouble for her every time to make her strong , I wanted to abolish her feelings towards me . Every time she looked at me with those enchanting eyes , I felt guilty and miserable . I  avoided her and also roasted her all the time because it was the best for both of us . I knew she cared for me and to be honest I did too.

I let her sleep in the cold as if I'd surrender my priorities for her , she'd mistook it as love . I didn't want her to love me . I don't deserve love .

After knowing the real truth she'll hate me , the thought of her hating me made me want to hate myself . I've been hated by a lot of people in the past and also in present but I didn't want her to be an add on to that number .

As soon as the door fled open I saw James pointing a gun towards her , precisely he had it placed on her forehead.

"Mr Reynolds , go away . Please ", she cried signaling me to move away . James looked at me smirking evilly .

"Calm down , James ", taking small steps towards him I tried to stop him .

I turned around to examine the footsteps and to my delight it was Mr Caleb with his team of 5 inspectors .  I redirected my attention towards James and Miss Waters . She looked scared , who wouldn't be ?

"go away , Mr Reynolds . Please , I beg of you ", this girl is definitely lunatic . She has someone triggering a gun on her face and all she's doing is caring for me . No one has really cared for me this much after my mom left .

"let's focus on Mr Reynolds's death then ", James turned towards me . His face was plastered with a deadly smirk , he had his gun pointed towards my direction through out. I raised my eyebrows at him amused by his decision . I already had a small plan set up in my mind . Today was James's end , the only person who'll die today would be James .

"Don't you dare "', Amanda yanked the revolver from his hand and possessed it over hers . Who is this woman and what has she done to my innocent troublesome Amanda.

She directed the revolver towards James , her hands shivered while doing the same . I could see her character develop in a much stronger and better way .

"No , baby girl . You're born to play with barbies as you're one . Not with guns ", James snapped an angry look at her.

"I am the barbie you shouldn't fiddle with . Not with me , not with the people I lo----", she paused . Did she mean love ? I somehow knew that she liked me but was she secretly in love with me ?

"Doesn't matters ", her voice shivered and so did her hands .

"keep sane , hit the button . End his story Miss Waters , you can do it ", I tried encouraging her . I was well aware of the fact that Amanda could never hit anyone or take away someone's life . I took small steps towards her to take charge over the revolver .

James had his hands in the air , denoting the fact that he surrendered .  I finally reached Amanda and pulled the revolver from her hands to mine , she sighed .

With every forward step of ours , James took a  step backward. "She doesn't knows, does she ?", James questioned smirking.

"Shut the fuck up ", I tried to stop James . Amanda's face was plastered with confusion . On reaching the dead end of the terrace James took a halt . I pulled the trigger to make a shot .

"Let us take his matter in our concern , don't do this Mr Reynolds . There will be a lot of court proceedings after you kill him . I am afraid it will directly or indirectly affect your name and power ", Mr Caleb looked concerned so I pointed the revolver in the air towards the sky . The gunshot's burst made Amanda catch my fore-arms tightly.

I rubbed her hands comforting her . Suddenly, I heard a noise of some chopper . I focused my direction in the air , the chopper threw  a harness towards James's direction . He quickly caught hold of it and attached it to his belt.

Mr Caleb marched in his direction with his men , I did the same . I tried to stop him before he flew in the air towards the direction of the air-chopper . He kicked some of Mr Caleb's men when they tried to force him down .

"Why the fuck does he have to escape every fucking time ", I threw daggers at Mr Caleb unsatisfied of the security service he and his men were providing .

I revolved my head to have a glimpse of Miss Waters , she looked shattered and broken . "Leave ", I ordered their useless bunch to move away from us . "See you tomorrow , We're leaving this instance ", I informed Mr Caleb , he nodded and left at once .

Yeah , I didn't really intend to leave the place prior to what I planned as it would create an impression in the minds of public that I was scared of James . But no , not anymore . I didn't want to stay here at the cost of her life . She wasn't really safe there too but at least she was safer then here .

Whilst sobbing , she rested her knees on the ground . I wanted to wipe away her tears but I couldn't . I clenched my fist and avoided myself to create any intimacy .

"Hey-hey-hey it's okay ", I solaced .

"No it's n-not ", she stammered ."It's not okay , don't you get it ",  she wailed louder .

"Calm down ", I attempted to relax her.

"He ki-kissed me . He kissed me , he kissed me on my lips ", she started to wipe her lips from her wrists . Her lipstick smudged all over her upper lips and chin. She wept continuously.

How in this fucking world did James kiss her , why couldn't I digest this fact easily? . I pulled her closer to me and engulfed her into a hug . She reciprocated the movement by curling her hands around my back . I rubbed her back as her head was dug into my chest.

"Shush , cry no more . I am here "

"What if he killed you ? I had a dream about it last night "

"So you dream about me, Miss Waters? ", I smirked striving to easy up the mood  .

She pulled away at once and straightened her dress after standing up . "Pack your stuff ", I ordered .

"Right now ?", she interrogated .

"This very moment , let me escort you till the room ", I matched her height and walked accompanying her till our room . After packing our stuffs , we bid final good byes to everyone around we were acquainted with .  Cody and his guy hugged her tightly , I watched them through distance .

I carried my bag along with hers and pushed it in the trunk and closed it . I adjusted the seat belt around my body , she did on hers too as she took the passenger seat next to me without creating any chaos of her desire to sit on the back seat .

When my eyes met hers , she gave a sweet beaming smile . I nodded at her , I attempted to smile back but I couldn't . I inserted the keys and started the car . The road was dark and foggy as it was midnight . I kept driving continuously knowing the fact that it was a long journey . Maybe now was the time when I should speak up the truth .

*****************

Ooa , what is Reynold's hiding ?

Something very unexpected coming up in the next chapter . Stay tuned for more drama .

Vote and comment your views . They make me happy.

Also , my exams ended today so I'll be updating twice a week . Maybe Tuesdays and Fridays.

Like I said earlier , I'd dedicate my last 10-15 chapters to the people who have helped me write this book . So, Surge_Ace thank you for helping me through out. Next dedication could be you , who knows ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 237 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
48.3K 1.5K 39
Daniella Robert gets the surprise of her life finding out that she was married to a guy she really didn't know anything about after having a night of...
804 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
929K 27.5K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...