Conflicted (Boyxboy)

By InfamousLove

~ "When I first met you I had no idea how much you would end up meaning to me." ~ When Riley is once agai... More

1
2
3
4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
chapter 23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
chapter 34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141

78

16.1K 747 252
By InfamousLove

I had nearly made it inside when I was suddenly picked up. I tsked and then glared at Zac as he smiled and squished me like a pet cat.

"Daww it's like finally catching a runaway pet! How you doing sparky?" He teased and I just tried to push away from him to get him to drop me.

Of course that didn't work in the slightest. He's way too strong, makes me anxious.

"Zac put him down." Chester demanded as he approached and he pouted.

He placed me back on the ground then patted my head with a smile. I just raised a brow at him.

"What? I mean you do look like a pet with that cute little bandanna round your neck!" He defended with a chuckle and that made Alex make a whining sound of some sort.

"Stop judging the bandanna it's fabulous!!" He exclaimed while tugging it and I grabbed his shoulder when he imbalanced me slightly.

"Woah enough with the rough physical contact!" I complained and he chuckled sheepishly.

"Sorry." He apologised and patted my shoulder.

I then looked over to where I heard chuckling and saw Nate looking highly amused.

Alex gave him a nasty look, making me sigh and roll my eyes.

I quickly made my escape when none of them were paying attention, slipping into the house and nearly making it up the stairs before I was halted by Alex grabbing me.

"Ah ah, you're not escaping them if I can't as well!" He said before dragging me towards one of the living rooms, much to my displeasure.

"No way I'm too tired!" I complained and he just chuckled.

I eventually just gave up and sat down on the sofa next to him, engrossing myself in my phone in order to avoid the awkward atmosphere.

Why are they all sitting in here, are we going to have a political debate or something?

"Sooo, how's life?" Alex eventually broke the awkward silence, and Luca just sighed as Chance rolled his eyes.

Caleb was just looking in front of him as he sat in the corner of the room, his very essence oozing major discomfort.

I'm guessing he's only here because he doesn't know where else to go, speaking of which.

"Where are you all sleeping?" I voiced my thoughts but immediately regretted it as all of their eyes snapped to look at me.

"J-Just wondering..." I smiled awkwardly when they just stared at me and tried to merge into the sofa more.

Chance looked up to Matias who was standing in the door way. He was obviously ordered to be here rather than volunteered, as he seemed to be trying to impersonate the 'no cat' at the moment.

"Er...I mean there are enough rooms...I guess I'll show you around?" He eventually realised we were waiting on him and Hunter grumbled.

"Can't be fucked..." He commented what seemed to be to himself, but obviously Aaron heard him and elbowed him.

"Great idea, let's go." Aaron encouraged everyone and I bit my lip as they stood up.

"You might want to go and make your room look lived in" I whispered into Alex's ear and his eyes widened.

"Er ooops yeah bye." He shot upwards before speed walking out of the room making me snicker.

Luca just watched him go before glancing back at me making me look away awkwardly.

That probably caused some kind of misunderstanding...great.

I looked over to Caleb to see him just awkwardly looking around, not following the rest.

"Hey I've got the perfect room for you, follow me." I said after walking over to him and he smiled awkwardly.

"Come on!" I insisted before tugging on his hand and dragging him in the opposite direction of everyone else.

We walked down the halls to what must've been the servant's quarters before heading downstairs into the basement.

Down there was a games room, but old fashioned games like table pool and darts.

Round the other side was a bathroom, and the sofa was a pull out bed so it made the perfect get-away from everyone else.

He just looked around the room curiously as I pulled out the seriously heavy sofa bed.

"You can get one of the maids to make it up for you." I explained and he smiled down at it.

"Thanks." He eventually said and I smiled back at him.

"Riley!" I heard Charlie call and sighed.

"Excuse me." I said before making my way back up the stairs.

"Yes?" I said once I reached him and crossed my arms.

"Hey, you should be happy! Your friends are here." He irritatingly commented and I just made a face at him. Like he gives a shit about friends, or the fact my 'friends' are here. Or me.

Or anyone but himself.

Er, Anyway.

"Speaking of friends, er, I mean, your brothers. Seeing as I so nicely let them stay here, I think you should show some appreciation for that. A dozen people are a lot to handle you know!" He rambled and I sighed.

Yes, like it will affect someone who is never actually here in the slightest.

"Do you want me to give you an IOU note or something?" I asked with a smile and he rolled his eyes.

It's not like them staying here is a good thing, will make things ten times more tense. They should have just stayed in a hotel. Or better yet, stayed in America.

"Just try to be a bit nicer please, I'm human too you know." He said with a sigh and a sad expression, making me raise a brow at him.

Hey, I know where I get my acting skills from now.

Mind you, they're both pretty good at acting. My parents are so fake...

"Thank you father, I really appreciate it." I said with a fake smile and he smiled back, probably fake as well.

Oh shit, I'm not as fake as they are am I?

His phone suddenly started ringing and he didn't even acknowledge me before answering it and leaving the room.

I sighed before walking back into the living room from earlier and sitting down on one of the sofas.

It was quiet for a while and I just sat there in silence, staring a head and thinking intensely.

Now that he seems to think he's done me a large favour, asking him for money is going to be ten times harder. Ugh, life just doesn't give me a break.

"Hey, Riley." A rather subdued voice suddenly sounded from next to me, and I looked up to see Luca standing there.

He was standing rather...awkwardly, like he felt he was overstepping his bounds.

"Hey." I greeted back with a small smile.

"Sorry." He said and I blinked at him.

"Sorry for what?"

Uh, you're going to have to be a lot more specific than that.

"For being here. It wasn't our choice, but your mother insisted. We were going to leave it to you on whether you came back or not." He explained and I raised both of my brows.

Whoa, really? That's surprising...

"Of course we would have had to have dragged Alex back to America after the holidays were over..." He said with a frown, probably aimed at Alex.

"I understand, my mother can be a bit demanding and stubborn sometimes." I reassured with a smile and he gave a small smile back.

"And...Sorry for everything else as well." He added and I bit my lip. Unsure if I can just accept that apology, especially if I don't know what he's apologising for.

"I'm sorry too." I eventually decided to say and he looked down at the floor, probably unsatisfied with my answer.

Is it just me imagining this tension? I hope it doesn't last; it's rather unsettling.

"WOW It is way too quiet in here!" Alex suddenly said as he skipped in, before jumping onto the sofa next to me.

I rolled my eyes at him as Luca just walked away from us.

Please don't tell me Luca is being grumpy with Alex too?

I stifled a yawn before sighing and leaning on my arm.

"SAME." Alex commented and I gave him a look.

"I'm not convinced." I stated when he just smiled at me energetically, fidgeting slightly in his seat.

"Being tired and having no energy are two different things for me. Trust me." He explained once he realised what I was talking about, before sliding down into the sofa more.

"I see..." I said with hardly any enthusiasm. Damn I'm tired...

"This place is so fucking huge. Why was this necessary for rich people in those days?" Hunter commented as he walked in, with the others not far behind.

Yay busy-ness...

"Where's Caleb?" Luca eventually asked, looking around the room.

"He's downstairs." I explained and Alex looked down at the floor.

"But we're on the ground floor?"

"There's this thing, called a basement. Pretty old invention, look it up." I commented sarcastically and he smirked.

"Do you not even know your way around?" Nate snickered at Alex and Alex glared at him.

Oh god, and so it begins.

Hey guys sorry for not updating but college is legit unbearable right now, so much coursework. So. Much.

Anyway I took a break and wrote this, yah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.7K 70
Having moved on from the devastating heartbreak, Valentine swore to stay single until he finds the right one worthy of his love. But when Valentine a...
9K 219 14
In love with my best friend By:Bacon_queen "He is everything that you have, and you're afraid that if you give up this little smidge of doubt you're...
100K 3.5K 26
Aiden had moved to a small town, not knowing what it was really about. What he thought was a small, friendly town is actually something more dangero...
530 87 37
With fate bringing them back together, their dark past also following, Liandro and Alexander are faced with the feelings they've always had and hard...