[discontinued] the 7th cabin...

By SS_7201

In which Donghyuck challenges Mark to visit the seventh cabin and he drags his favourite friend, Koeun with h... More

the 7th cabin
Day 1
Day 2 (II)
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 5 (II)
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 9 (II)
Day 10
Day 10 (II)
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 15 (II)
Day 16
Day 17
Day 17 (II)
Day 18
the 7th cabin 1st anniversary
Day 18 (II)
Day 19
Day 19 (II)
[news]

Day 2

663 40 9
By SS_7201

•••

Koeun hugged herself tight.

The wind at night was colder than usual, more than she's ever been in. Well, they are staying in the middle of a forest. The cool breeze blew her hair softly. Her eyes were becoming tired. It was already one in the morning and Mark still has not succeeded in opening the door to Cabin #7.

"Why did you bring me here?" She glared at him.

"You're on the watch out. If someone comes, we can hide." He replied, still trying to open the door.

"So, I'm a watchdog?" Koeun asked in disbelief.

"No, I'd like to call you my partner in crime." He answered, smiling slightly.

"Both are certainly bad positions." She mumbled under breath.

"Are you done yet?" She asked, looking irritated. Mark glanced at her and sighed.

"No, I don't know how to open this," he replied, crouching down in front of the door.

"What do you even know, Mark?" She retorted, getting cranky. She was sleepy, tired and also a bit hungry. She was ready to kill anybody at the meantime.

Mark sent her a disbelief look. "You're so mean," he commented, hurt.

"I don't care," she says, crouching down beside him. "Just when will this door open?" She muttered, glaring at the old wooden door.

"I don't know, Koeun. I'm trying here."

"Well, try harder!" She hissed, hitting his shoulder slightly.

"Then, do you have any great ideas, Koeun, the Wise?" He asked and she gave him a look. He sighed and stood up after.

Looks like the challenge was over. He couldn't even open the door. What is he going to do then? Mark offered his hand to her and pulled her up to her feet.

"I'm so fed up with this door. Like, is it like in movies? You say open or something and it moves?" She hesitated on pushing the door.

Mark looked at her in awe and she almost slapped his face out of irritation. "Koeun, you're a genius!" He exclaimed with his mouth wide open.

"I know. People often tell me that," she complimented herself while acting like she was flipping her hair. "So what now?" She asked him and he scratched his head.

"What do they usually say?" He wondered, thinking hard.

"Are you serious? Mark, this isn't a movie. I don't really think a simple 'Open Sesame' would make the door open." Koeun chided, clicking her tongue disappointedly in the process.

Suddenly, the closed windows to the cabin abruptly opens and slams close. The both of them freeze in their spots.

"Okay, that wasn't just me, was it?" Mark whispered, his eyes still on the mysterious window. Koeun slowly nodded, her fingers unknowingly clenched onto Mark's sleeve. She felt something churning in her stomach. She has a bad feeling, and when she does, it usually is true.

The windows looks old, like any other cabin there but somehow it was different. Koeun could see the difference, so did Mark.

She had lost the fatigue feeling she felt a while ago and Mark had his eyes wide open like an owl. Koeun, being the braver one, stepped close to the window. Mark almost tugged onto her to stop her but anything he does won't really change her mind.

She tried to push the window open but it doesn't even budge. The glass was dusty and she got confused. She obviously had seen the window move with her own eyes but why was the glass still dusty? The speed of the window moving should've gotten rid off the dust since it was windy.

"Let's try something else." Mark suggested, thinking of possible chants.

Koeun looked at him blankly when he snapped his fingers. "Cheese balls!" He beamed excitedly.

"What even?" She looked at him, regretting even knowing him.

"Okay, maybe not," he trailed off sadly.

"I don't think it's about cheese balls or food at all, Mark." She remarked, crossing her arms.

"Then, what?" He demanded.

"I don't know. It's either something basic or something."

"Open up,"

"Push?"

"Booming system up, up," Koeun gave a stern look at his random comments.

"Open forth,"

"Donghyuck sucks,"

"I hate Donghyuck,"

"Open Sesame door,"

"Open sesame cabin #7!"

"Open Sesame the seventh cabin!"

And like magic, the door automatically pushes open by itself. Koeun looked surprised and Mark felt accomplished that the door finally opens, somehow not realizing how the door actually did open. The both of them glanced at each other before entering Cabin #7 together. The door was wide enough to fit them.

"That was kinda lame. I actually expected for a more sophisticated chant." Koeun muttered under her breath. A second later, she tripped over something and leaned on Mark.

He turned to her in reflex and signals her to keep quiet. She was about to retaliate but considered not to. She didn't know how she tripped over nothing but she swore she felt something pulling her shoe.

The moonlight shone from the door, giving a little light in the dark cabin. Mark flashed out his flashlight to see the room clearer but no light came out when he pressed the button. He tries for a few times and concluded the tool must be out of batteries. He doesn't remember if he even did put in batteries.

Koeun wandered by herself to the opposite side of Mark. She saq a few beds and a wooden closet, she assumes. The closet gave out the scent of old wood. Her hand rests on the door of the closet, finding the handle to open it. She had a bad feeling about it but gathered her courage to pull the door open.

Once she did, she let out a petrified shriek as a weight crashed onto her, making her fall down on her bottom. Mark rushed to her side quickly and checked if the girl was fine.

She mumbled an okay and coughed. Apparently, the closet was very dusty and she had just breathed in bacteria.

She patted her lap, finding something in the shape of a box and quite heavy. She showed it to Mark and he only stares at it.

"What do you think this is?" He asked to no one actually.

Koeun's hands were already fast to open the box. She found out a key was already placed in the keyhole of the box and glanced at her buddy, still wary. He nodded determined as she unlocked the box. Mark opened the box but to their surprise, there was nothing inside. Empty. A few dust. Both of them secretly let out a relieved sigh.

"Why did you come in here for?" A foreign voice spoke, earning two shrieks from the two friends.

Mark even let out an inhumanly sound as he fell down on his front. Koeun shut her eyes tightly with her hands covering her ears. The sound had come from behind and both of them could no longer feel the cold wind from outside as the room gets darker then it already was.

"Are you going to stay in that position all night?" The foreign voice asked again and Mark felt scared. For once, he felt hopeless.

What was he to do? Who was even talking? His hands roamed the floor, searching for Koeun and he succeeded in touching the fabric of her jeans. Koeun, in the state of fear, hit his hand repeatedly. Mark winced in pain and retreated his hand, rubbing it.

"Guys, it's been five minutes." The foreign voice voiced out.

Mark gathered all his remaining courage to sit straight and slowly turn his head. His gaze met with nothing. Nothing was behind him. Nothing. No. Not anything. He started to contemplate whether he had gone crazy or not.

"Here," he looked ahead and saw a whitely figure of a man or boy-he couldn't tell, on the bed. "Hi," the figure says. Koeun finally opened her eyes and looks at the direction Mark's facing.

If there was one thing Donghyuck forgot to tell, the cabin was haunted.

And if there was one thing he didn't knew, the ghost didn't look exactly bad. He was very good looking and looked absolutely familiar. Like that one frame of his face seen daily at the board in the School's hall.

•••

Day 2 has been revealed. The flow is slow. And there's like 28 days more. Idk what this story is going to go. I wanted to do horror thrill and suspense shit but my guts is going with horror comedy. I just hope this goes well.

Please give lots of your love and I hope you enjoyed reading.

Guess who markoeun just encountered in Cabin #7

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 10.6K 33
"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? " In which Haechan bothers Mark all the time and Mark reall...
9.7K 334 15
*𝑆𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑊𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝐵𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒* 𝑹𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒖𝒏 comes back to find his friends are a mess 𝑱𝒆𝒏𝒐 and 𝑱𝒂𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏 ignore each other 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒌...
63.9K 2K 14
Mark is a bad boy and Haechan is his next target.
325K 14.1K 50
❥ donghyuck is quite interested in the school's softest nerd; mark lee. ❀ markhyuck ❀ unedited ❀ short chapters