Royal Pain (Rewritten)

By romolavinia91

This newer version of Royal Pain has a few mature scenes and more added detail. I hope if you're a rereader o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Ch. 31 The Origin
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 (Embracing Pain)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 30

8.3K 426 121
By romolavinia91

Deva remained in bed for the next two days with a minor fever. The finest doctors were called to her bedside. Her hot sweaty forehead had spiked meticulously, progressive body temperature were the result of extreme stress levels. They let her rest believing that not only was her body exhausted but so was her mind.

Lucian stayed by her side the entire time. By the end of the second day her fever broke and Deva finally opened her eyes to a very concerned Lucian.

"What happened?" Her weak voice was dry.

"You had a fever." Lucian pressed a glass of water to her lips, and she instantly felt better.

"Seriously?"

Lucian nodded and the refreshing relief washed over him. "How are you feeling?"

"Stiff." She bent her neck which only made her dizzy. "How long have I been in bed?"

"Two long days."

"What?" She signed. "So my liver hasn't given out yet? I can still drink."

It wasn't like she needed permission she was going to drink as much as she wanted regardless.

His disapproving glance didn't make her want to stop.

"I'll be turned into a vampire anyway so what does it matter." She was relying on the transformation to repair anything damaged in her body.

The door burst open and Marcus used his inhuman speed to pull Deva into a tight hug. She welcomed it.

"You scared me half to death Deva. Don't ever do that again."

"Hate to break it to you love, but you're already dead." She tried to joke.

Marcus examined her face. "And you're still alive so let's keep it that way."

"I'm perfectly fine now. I promise."

Julia was next. "Deva I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me too Juls."

"Deva!" She heard an excited Izzy shout.

"Iz."

Izzy made her way towards them, smiling at Deva's healthier self. "You look so much better."

"The sleeping beauty look was working for me?"

"No. I missed your voice."

Deva laid back and shut her eyes. "I'm fine guys." She felt their concerning stares all over her.

"We rescheduled the ball. It's not tomorrow." Izzy switched up the topic.

"Why? I'm awake now."

"Deva you just woke up. You shouldn't worry yourself over the ball." Lucian was sympathetic to her health.

"I want to get it over with. Besides I'll have all of you to lean on. I can do it."

"Deva the choice is up to you." Izzy was aiming to please.

"Then tomorrow." Deva made her decision.

Izzy admired her future sister in law's determination. "I'll tell mother and get everything prepared."

She kissed Deva on the cheek for luck before walking out with a bounce to her steps.

Of course they worried over her. Deva was the next queen. She was their future. She couldn't understand what the fuss was about. It wasn't like the most powerful vampires in the realm were going to let her die.

Later that day a designer was called into her room to help come up with the perfect dress. Deva was measured from every angle and from every inch of her body.

She was now part of the elite circle. Her life was never going to be the same again and it was all happening so fast.

"A million dollars for your thoughts," she heard Lucian say while he settled himself next to her.

"That's probably pocket change for you."

He chuckled, happy to hear her humor. "Yeah, kind of. "

Deva lay on the bed to stare up at the blank ceiling. Since waking up from her two day vacation Deva had random questions floating about in her head.

"You said you guys aren't allowed to have sex with any of the girls until the queen was crowned."

Lucian exhaled and hated that Deva was still stuck on the sensitive subject. He wished there was something he could do to help ease her pain and help her move on.

"Yes those were the rules our parents placed for us before this all began."

Deva shifted her body to face him. "It doesn't make sense to me. Darius wanted to be king so badly, and he also didn't want to disappoint your father. Why would he go against the rules?"

Lucian raised his hand and rubbed her creased wrinkles around her eyes. "I don't know baby. Maybe he was drunk. He wasn't using his head."

"Maybe." It was hard for her to accept the reality. "Why couldn't Marcus erase her memory?"

"I don't know. It doesn't always work on everyone."

Of course, Deva thought, that was just her luck.

"We sent her away to stay with a loyal Duke that lives a few towns away. She was supposed to be a maid, but when the Duke found out she was pregnant, he reported it to us. Red said the baby belonged to Darius, and he didn't deny the claim. She has a baby growing in her womb there is no doubt about that."

It was a sad and pitiful stupid story that changed her life for the worst. "When I become queen can I chop off her head?"

He chuckled while he went in to kiss her cheek. "Baby when you're queen you can do whatever you like."

She snickered at the thought. "How long do I have till I have to choose a king?"

"A few months I suppose, but don't worry about that. Just focus on getting better."

Deva nodded and Lucian got up to leave; so she could rest quietly. "Loosh," her whisper barely echoed through the room.

He paused. "Yes baby."

"Do you really want to be king?"

As soon as she finished the last word, he rushed to her side, and his face hovered over hers. He looked completely serious as he searched her face. "Yes I do...as long as you're by my side. I promise I'll always love you; I'll always protect you, and I will never hurt you or do anything that could cause you pain."

Her weak smile tugged at his heart; so he bent down and lightly kissed her lips. He was gone in a matter of seconds. Deva fell back into her oasis of fluffy pillows.

Later, waking up from a nap, Deva had an unexpected visitor show up. Darius stood by the doorframe and appeared as though the burden of the world was upon his shoulders. He was engrossed in worry like the rest of his family.

"Are you here for business or pleasure?" Deva tried to lighten the mood with humor.

"Deva," his soft voice caressed her name.

She tried to think of something to sooth his unsettled conscience. "I'm better Dar. No need to concern yourself over me." She dropped her gaze to avoid his hard stare. "You already have plenty on your plate."

Her bed dipped from the weight of his body. "Deva I will always worry about you."

She shook her head. "You shouldn't even be thinking about me."

"You know I really can't help it." There was so much more he wanted to say.

"It was just a fever. You know us silly humans still get sickness every once in a while."

When he didn't speak Deva had to look up. What was he thinking about? His ice blue eyes were glued to her face, and they were filled with wonder and intrigue. He raised his hand as if to touch her face, but then stopped himself before getting up.

"You need to take better care of yourself Deva. You will be queen soon. So much is at stake."

As if she needed to be reminded.

"Oh sure. Let me just get Marcus to erase every little thing bothering me. I'll start with you." He was the main cause of her stress.

Darius pretended it didn't hurt him. "It's better than drinking yourself to death."

Deva tossed the covers aside and stood despite the soreness of her muscles.

"Well baby you always knew I was an alcoholic."

"Deva don't do this to yourself." Now he was fighting for her.

"Oh I didn't do this. You did. You did when you got that bitch pregnant." Her raging anger was patiently waiting to rein havoc on him. "Now I have to watch the man I thought was the love of my life play caring boyfriend to HER."

They both were drowning in the same torturous hell. She preferred not to hide it.

"You're right it is play because I'm dying inside. It kills me watching you barely surviving. I have to countlessly stop myself from running to you. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay away. I need you."

Why did she feel the same? Why did she need him to survive?

"I hate that I need you and I hate that I still love you." If she could she'd tear her own heart out so she couldn't feel anything ever again.

He was itching to hold her and she knew she had to stop him before he could. If she made it into his arms she wouldn't be able to control herself.

"Leave Darius. I need you to go now."

He was willing to rebel.

"Leave!" She cried and he knew he needed to be strong for the both of them.

He walked out without another word or glance.

Deva put a sweater on anticipating the coolness of the night as she made way towards the window overlooking the garden. The moon was coming out, and the stars looked brighter than ever.

"May I come in?" Queen Emma's gentle inviting voice interrupted her moment of tranquility.

"Yes," Deva retreated to the couch overlooking the open window.

The Queen's affectionate smile didn't strike her as fake. "It's so good to see you well my dear." She pulled Deva into a hug. "We were all so worried."

"All?" Deva's brow rose contradicting the Queen's statement.

"I had my doubts about you. I saw the spell you had over my sons and it scared me. They were infatuated with you and that gave you a power over them."

"And I still ended up with a broken heart."

It was the first real time seeing a softer side of the Queen. She rubbed Deva's hands lovingly.

"Don't regret loving him. You learn and you grew. You're already so strong."

"Strong enough to rule a vampire kingdom?" A part of her wanted to hear the queen's opinion.

"Asher and I knew it was you long before my sons figured it out. You had such driven fire that none of the other girls had." She grinned into the moonlight. "You'll steal the people's hearts like you did with my sons."

Deva pushed her head back into the cushion of the couch, sinking as deep as she could.

"It won't always feel hard you know...being queen that is."

Her advice was welcomed and appreciated. "May I tell you a story Deva? Of when I first met Asher and how I became his queen."

"Please," Deva cozied herself up to her future mother in law.

"I was seventeen and human when I first saw Asher. He was tall, dashing, alluring, and he carried this strong powerful presence everywhere he went. I was completely intimidated by him. I was always nervous that I might say something wrong or do something completely out of line, but yet he still chose me. Out of all the other girls out there, he still chose me."

Deva could see the happiness the memory brought her.

"I will admit that becoming a queen scared me more than anything in the world, but Asher helped me through it. I wasn't alone in it and neither will you. You won't have to carry the burden by yourself. Once you choose one of my sons as your king, the stress won't be that bad. You just need to figure out who you want to have by your side. Who do you trust?"

Deva didn't miss the fact that the Queen did not mention anything about love. Yes she loved all three of the princes, but could she marry Lucian when her heart belonged to Darius. It didn't feel right.

Why did he have to ruin everything?

"Choose the man you know will always be there for you." The Queen began making her way back to the door.

"Have you ever loved another man other than your husband?" Deva wasn't sure what possessed her to ask, but it was worth a shot. Could she relate to what Deva was going through?

The Queen stopped to answer. Deva noticed her struggling expression and knew she had a story to tell.

"Yes once, a long, long time ago. A few hundred years ago, I was taken by the Alpha lycan as a prisoner. It was the time when the lycans had a vendetta over vampires. They wanted power and to be more dominate than the vampires. They were driven by their bloodlust for Alpha superiority. Lycans then were extremely vicious and cruel with no place for morals."

Deva wasn't sure where the conversation was going, but she loved the bit of information the Queen was giving her about the past.

"The Alpha tortured me at first; he knew I healed quickly; so he enjoyed doing as much damage as possible, but for some reason I knew he was holding back. I wasn't as brutally injured as the rest of the vampire prisoners. I felt like he was going easy on me, and after some time, he stopped hurting me completely."

Deva saw a look of genuine love in the Queen's eyes and that sparked an obvious question. The Queen loved the Alpha? A man that tortured her and kept her against her will.

"I never meant for it to happen; it just did. He was tall with dark glowing skin and eyes as green as emeralds. He was so sinister and dangerous yet alluringly beautiful at the same time." Her haunted eyes finally focused on Deva. "I think that's what pulled me in. He had this harsh poisonous décor that he only put down when he was with me."

Deva swallowed, not sure how to digest the Queen's controversial love life.

"I know he loved me too."

Deva broke her silence. "Do your sons know about this?"

The Queen shook her head, "No. I know it hurts now, and that you feel like your heart is being pierced with sharp blades of betrayal. That inflicted pain Darius has caused you will eventually become nothing more than a faded dream."

Deva ran in the damp morbid woods, darkness pulling her into a place of the unknown. She could hear it following her, chasing her. Its heavy footsteps were crushing branches and crumbling old battered leaves. Deva didn't stop; she couldn't stop, but her legs were rapidly giving out.

They were on the verge of collapsing. Her pace decreased as her heavy pants grew harder and louder. Then, she heard a horrid malicious growl howl call to the moon. Deva felt the cold air fill her body with fear and wonder.

The patronizing footsteps stopped, and that drew Deva to do the same. She scanned her surroundings of moss covered trees and bushes. The rustle of movement came from her right and another cold icy chill went down her back. Another harsh venomous growl filled the air much closer than before.

Deva quickly spun to her right and there standing in front of her stood a tall vicious devil like creature that she knew could only be a lycan. It slowly circled her as if sizing her up. Deva stood her ground, and before she could react the creature lunged at her.

The fear was so strong that it woke her up from her nightmare. Deva had sweat running down her hot body. It felt so real. How could it feel so real? What the heck was with all the dreams? She couldn't remember a time in life where she had so many nightmares, night after night.

She knew there was no way she was going back to sleep. She would find no peace; so she decided she had to get to the bottom of it. She threw on sweats and quietly roamed down the halls and towards the place she knew the lycan creature was being held.

Surprisingly she didn't come across anyone. It was three in the morning. She retraced the steps Darius had taken her the first time. There were no guards. No one was keeping watch. She closed the door behind her, and remembered Darius told her the room was sound proof so that the lycan's feverish howling could not be heard.

The lights automatically lit up at her presence. The hairy form of the lycan was crouched down by the opposite corner of the bars. The lycan heard her approach and instantly jerked his head in her direction.

His evil face bared sharp teeth and it looked as if he was grinning at her. No matter how menacing the beast looked or acted she still couldn't stop. There was a gravitational pull drawing her closer and closer till she reached the steel bars. She knew it was dangerous, but for some reason she didn't care. The beast's eyes were black with malice as his body slowly rocked back and forth as if debating whether or not to go to her.

Without warning, the lycan moved forward with incredible speed and managed to get his clawed hand out between the steel bars. His immensely sharp claws grasped her arm and dug into it, piercing through her skin.

She didn't cry or scream; her eyes stayed locked on his. Blood began to drip from her wound and the lycan pulled his hand back, raising it to his mouth where he savagely began to lick her blood off. His movement came to a halt as if something struck him and his eyes flashed back to hers.

Deva watched with wide eyes as the beast in front of her began to growl with vengeance. Its whole animal like body began to tremble in rapid jerks. The growls grew louder and torturous as the shudders of his body became more violent. Deva wanted to help the poor creature who was in so much pain, but there was nothing she could do.

The growls/howls turned into murderous male screams of pain. Deva watched as the hairy beast's fur began to morph into normal human skin. The spine of the creature began to crack and dislocate as the terrible screams rang deeper into the air. The large massive form of the lycan was now replaced by a man's form about 6'5 with very tan olive skin. His body was hunched over still emerged in pain and anguish. But eventually the bloody screams came deceased and panting reached her ears.

The man shook his head a few times trying to grab what was left of his sanity before raising his head up to look upon Deva's face. A large pit filled her stomach as she stared into his deep goldish green orbs that were encircled by a dark brown color. She had never seen such beautiful more captivating eyes in her life. They bore into hers and she scanned his face while her heart raced uncontrollably. His face was so familiar it almost pained her to confess what she was seeing couldn't possibly be true.

In front of her stood a man so identical to the three princes she had fallen in love with. His nose sharp and perfect with a jawline hard and set in place. Everything about him resembled them. Deva was entranced with his presence that she hadn't noticed his slow approach. She was mesmerized by the look in his eyes of confusion, vulnerability, and a strange sense of lost remembrance.

She was drawn to the dangerous, dark creature moving closer to her, but at the last second she took a step back. His hand had already stretched out and caught her in a tight grip. His fingers were on her wound and she felt a sharp pain pulsate through her. She winced, but he didn't let go and forced her closer by yanking her body towards the bars; the only thing separating them.

The warmth of his hand felt like it was burning her skin. His eyes beseeched her to open for him so he could enter the depths of her soul. She did the same, reading his features and searching his vulnerable eyes. He looked intrigued and just as drawn to her as she was to him. She wanted to touch his face, feel his skin under her fingertips just to know he was real because believing he was there just didn't seem fathomable. His inviting green-gold eyes were the last thing she saw before unwillingly closing her own.

Deva wake up in her bed with disbelief haunting her every thought. What happened? Her memory was a little blurry, but she could still remember a pair of piercing green eyes. Confusion was now a common thing for her. Deva got up with a groan. Tonight was the ball and soon enough every vampire in the kingdom would know she would be their future queen.

Pushing all thoughts aside for the moment, Deva turned on the water for the tub and filled it to the rim. She sat and soaked in the soapy water letting her mind blank for once. After a while she raised her hand to examine how pruney they were but noticed scratches on her arm instead. They were long claw like scratches that covered most of her forearm. Deva's heart dropped to the realization that last night she really did go see the lycan.

If it was real then how did he look so much like the princes? How could a monstrous beast look so much like the royal princes?

The Queen's confession from the previous night hung over her head. The Queen had loved one of the horrible devilish creatures before. What if?

Deva shook her head, it couldn't be. But what if?

"Deva are you in there?" Izzy's timid voice was apologetic yet presumptuous.

"Yeah. I'm coming out now." Deva dried every inch of her body she possibly could in the three minutes it took her to open the door.

Izzy waited patiently, posing in her stylish yellow gown.

"You look gorgeous."

Deva could hardly believe it was almost time for the ball to begin.

"Thanks. How are you? How do you feel?"

"Truthfully, a little nervous." Deva was never the shy one but for once center of attention was more of a curse.

"I think I might have something to help with that." Izzy handed her a flask.

"I'm going to love having you as a sister." Deva emptied the bottle in a matter of seconds.

"I feel the same way." Izzy laughed taking her hand and leading Deva out of the bathroom.

There was a small set up of gowns hanging on two mobile racks. Her vanity was showered with tons of hair products and accessories. Two men were shadowing over, one holding a brush and the other a pair of heels.

"This is Rico and Lance. They're going to get you ready for the ball." Izzy explained positioning Deva in the chair in front of the vanity.

The two men worked for an hour fixing her hair, doing her makeup, and then picking out the right shoes to go with her designer made dress. The purple gown she decided to go with fit beautifully and made her feel as elegant as the Queen. Wittingly, it was a one shoulder dress so the long sleeve on the right side covered the scars she had received from the lycan.

The three princes waited for her at the bottom of the staircase. They were all gawking at her with the same adoring look. It boosted her anxiety, twisting her stomach into a large knot.

Marcus looped his arm around hers. "You look like a real Queen."

"Let's hope everyone else thinks so too."

Lucian went to her other side while Darius followed behind them. It was customary for the three princes to walk her in. No one in the kingdom knew about Darius stepping down or of Red's pregnancy.

Deva took a long deep breath as the grand doors gradually opened. The massively crowded room grew silent as heads turned to witness their acclaimed new future queen.

Deva raised her chin a bit high to focus her vision on the thrones where the King and Queen were waiting. Their pride gave her strength.

The King extended out his hand for Deva to take. He walked her in front of the crowd, showing her off.

"My fellow vampires, my beloved kingdom tonight I present you with your new princess and future queen to the throne."

The audience immediately began to clap with praises; the sound roared through Deva's ears. They were accepting her and for that she vowed she would do everything she could for them. If they could accept her then she too would accept her fate.

The King raised his hand and the noise died down. "Tonight we drink, dine, and celebrate to our new awaiting future."

Every face she came across was friendly, but who wouldn't be to a queen. She was congratulated over and over again until her head began to spin.

Someone tugged her hand and her heart leaped to see it was Darius.

"May I have this dance princess?" He meant to save her from the rest of the grueling introductions.

"Yes."

She gladly took his hand for the briefest escape.

He led her onto the polished dance floor, positioning his hand behind her back as her hand clasped into his other. His blue eyes captured her willpower and she scooted closer.

The rising heat of their bodies grew as they glided gracefully around the ballroom to the orchestra music playing in the back ground. Glued to each other, everything faded away.

He leaned in, and she could smell the citrus mint of his breath as if it was on her tongue caressing her senses like it once did.

Her hands shamelessly ventured up his muscular arms, which were covered by an expensive black suit, to around his neck.

The music slowed down and so did they. His fingers teased tingles on the small of her back till neither he could take it. His arms snaked around her waist pulling her closer to his chest; giving him a good indication of how rapid her heart was beating.

His protective body was a cage holding her prisoner. Her heart would most likely always be a prisoner for him. Her eyes got a glimpse of her people as she rested her cheek against his chest.

They were awestruck, smiling in approval and worship. Little did they know that this happy couple could never be and Darius would never be their king.

Deva's lips moved to whisper into his ear. "I don't want to live forever...hating you."

Her candid confession made him tighten his hold on her. "I hate ever hurting you."

She leaned back and stared into his blue orbs. His face was so stern and hard, but once her fingertips grazed the surface of it, his morbid mood melted.

Her hands cupped his face, and her soft whispers sounded like a heavenly plea. "Till the sun stops bringing warmth or the wind stops flowing through the trees...until the last rose blooms red, I will always..." She couldn't bring herself to say the rest.

Her arms dropped, and he reluctantly released her even though he would do anything to cage her to him forever. She turned; disappearing into the crowd. He had to use all of his strength to not run after her.

"Deva," she heard a weary voice call after her. Lucian came to her side. "Where are you going?"

"I need some air."

He nodded in understanding. "I'll go with you."

"No. Please stay. They are here just as much to see you as they are for me."

"Deva-"

She cut him off. "I'll be fine. If I don't come back in ten minutes you can come find me."

He agreed despite the uneasy feeling he felt about leaving her alone. "Alright. Be careful."

"I'll try my best."

Deva went up the stairs in the only pace that she could after a long night like hers. She wanted to pass out on her bed but knew too many people were counting on her.

She got annoyed when she heard the door open thinking it was Lucian but it wasn't him.

"Amy what are you doing here?"

"I saw you coming up and thought I'd check up on you. Are you alright my lady?"

It wasn't like she could pour out her feelings. Deva was in over her head. She felt lost and alone. The one person she did want to tell was a man she wasn't allowed to be with.

"Wonderful." Her sarcasm would continue to get her through most of her misfortune.

"Oh you have a string coming out of its seam. Here let me get that." Amy trailed behind her, fiddling with the back zipper of her dress.

Out of nowhere Deva felt an excruciating pain shoot up from the side of her stomach. A knife was plunged through her and blood began seeping out. Deva tried to react quickly but Amy removed the dagger causing more pain and blood.

She shoved her but Amy recovered to stab her again. This time Deva felt like a river of blood was filling up her lungs.

She fell to her knees, barely enough energy to breathe.

Amy's crooked smile gave Deva chills.

"Why are you smiling? Killing a Queen is a death sentence." Deva panted and then choked on her own blood.

"You're not a queen yet. You can be replaced."

She had to be psychopathic. She knew how the princes adored her. They chose Deva to be their queen meaning there was no way they would let Amy live after taking her life.

"By you?" Maybe her suspicion was right. Maybe Amy had an obsession with Darius. "You love him...Darius?"

The pain was taking over forcing her to collapse on the ground. Amy hovered over her.

"I-"

In that strange moment everything went into slow motion. Amy looked like a prisoner, perhaps prison of love. A slave to an emotion she couldn't indulge in. That was one thing they shared.

The door flew open, Darius and Lucian stormed in. Their eyes manifested in pools of fury as they scanned the situation.

Lucian attacked Amy while Darius briskly rushed to Deva's aid. She was lying in a puddle of her own blood. He gently pressed her head into his lap. Darius' hand grazed the dagger sticking out of her back and she winced.

"It's going to be okay Deva. You're going to fine. I've got you. I'm here." Not even his smooth voice could convince her.

She felt some sort of moisture being pressed to her lips. "Deva you need to drink my blood. It will heal you."

Darius' bloody wrist was on her lips and without really thinking she licked it. It tasted like iron but with a sweet essence to it. She did as he said and drank but the agonizing pain never desisted.

"That's right sweetheart drink." He carefully removed his hand, and she closed her eyes. "Deva I'm going to pull the knife out now."

Deva turned her head to bury herself in his shirt and nodded for him to know he could. The pressure around her stomach intensified for a moment and then faded, but the blood still did not stop. Deva could feel her organs vigorously fill with blood.

Darius began to panic when her wounds would not heal. Was it too late? Was HE too late?

"I feel like I'm dying." She cried.

"No!" He shouted in anger, pressing his hand over her wound to stop the flood of blood. "You're not dying today Deva. Don't fight my blood, let it heal you."

His demanding desperate pleas made her open her heavy eyes. His face was filled with desperation and determination.

"Deva don't give up."

But she wanted to. Wouldn't it be so much easier if she did? She wouldn't have to watch him live his life with another woman; she wouldn't have to rule a kingdom.

A piercing twinge of pain jolted through her body starting at her stomach. Deva bit down her tongue to keep the torturous feeling at bay. She didn't want Darius to know how badly she was suffering.

"Deva don't. Don't you give up," he leaned in and pressed his forehead to hers.

She wanted to tell him it was okay, but she honestly wasn't sure. Maybe she didn't want it to be okay. Ever since she got to the castle people have been telling her to accept her fate. What if her fate was this? What if she was meant to die? She wouldn't feel the pain anymore: physically or emotionally.

"Please sweetheart. Please, please," his gentle whispers were laced with fear. He was scared of losing her.

Deva raised her hand to cup his cheek. He stopped his movements, and their eyes finally locked onto one another. "I forgive you Dar." Her mind was slowly going blank and no sooner her vision blurred.

"Deva please. No," he cried. "I love you Deva. Do you hear me? Live. Don't leave me." His pleas were heard but there was no response.

Deva's limp body felt lifeless in his arms. She felt drops of moisture on her face but there was nothing she could do to sooth the pain from the man she once loved...still loved. She was cold and all the agonizing pain flowing through her body paued. It was a peaceful twilight zone. She felt frozen in time and thought this must be the end.

This was her fate. Wasn't it what she wanted? There was no kingdom, no future queen, no vampires, and no Darius. She would no longer have to suffer the pain of heartache.

There was no other way she would want to go but in the arms of the one she loved. 

________^__^_________

Check out the song I left on this page. Love Jaymes Young

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ROYAL PAIN (Rewritten)?

REMEMBER TO VOTE IF YOU LOVED IT AS MUCH AS I DID. 😁😁😘😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 356 38
Valentina , a naive 18 year old sweet girl ,loves to help people ,extremely empathetic. Raised by a single mother ,she is unaware of a lot of not so...
9.5M 120K 32
Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the new edited version please check out "Roy...
117 0 21
-The best relationships usually begin unexpectedly- They both weren't expecting to be forced into an arranged marriage, to take over the throne; yet...
11.4M 447K 56
It took the Beasts mere weeks to overthrow the human government and eliminate most of the population. Those who survived were put into slavery, force...