Royal Pain (Rewritten)

By romolavinia91

This newer version of Royal Pain has a few mature scenes and more added detail. I hope if you're a rereader o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Ch. 31 The Origin
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 (Embracing Pain)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 16

10.3K 508 60
By romolavinia91

The next day, Deva spent her time in the gym. All the girls were called to the study room for elimination, but she decided there was no point in going. She wasn't going to get eliminated and she didn't want to see the brothers either. She was livid and fueled with aggression. Punching the bag and running till she couldn't breathe anymore, Deva swam into her thoughts.

How could they? Why would they want her so much? It didn't make sense. Ever since she arrived, she had been nothing but trouble.

"Dev here you are!" Julia popped in.

"Hey Juls."

"Are you okay? You didn't come down for the elimination." She was sincerely worried.

"I'm fine. I'm guessing you're still a shoe-in for becoming the next queen since you're still here."

"Yeah, and so are you."

"Right."

Julia smirked; holding in news wasn't her strongest quality. "Tits got booted off though."

"Finally," Deva was relieved with some good news.

"The queen is having a meeting. It's in an hour if you want to get ready."

"Yeah thanks for the heads up. Hey Juls, how many girls were cut loose?"

"Just one was sent home this time." They began heading towards the doors.

"So there are only five of us left, five potential queens."

She wondered how much longer they would drag it out. How long would it take them before they declared a new queen?

Their meeting was held in an elegant sunroom overlooking the enchanting garden. It captured the essence of the old Victorian trend. The walls were covered in light leafy patterns and breathtaking baroque paintings. Its feminine touch was a perfect sanctuary for a queen.

"You all look lovely today," the Queen addressed in a sweet calming voice.

(Queen Emma)

"Thank you your majesty," the group of girls responded.

She stood up with an air of pure power. "Being a queen, you must always support your king in every situation or problem that may arise. It is important for him to know that he has you to come to if he needs the truth or needs comfort. It is the king's nature to believe he is always right; but every once in a while, a moment where the king needs persuasion will arise. It is very important to make him believe it was his idea to begin with. Making him do something he doesn't want to do is a skill every queen must master. And in other cases, a queen must stand up to her king in order for him to see reason."

She paused. "Do any of you have any questions for me? What life is like for a queen?"

She took the time answering each and every question asked. Having her put to rest a few of their dreaded fears was enough to ease even Deva.

"I will be hosting a small party with close friends and family in two days. All of you are invited." Her kind smile was strained. "I will see you then. You ladies are dismissed."

Julia followed Deva out of the room. "Hey, Deva thanks for giving me your request."

"No prob. You had better use for it than I did."

"Why didn't you take it?" Not even Julia could understand Deva's reasoning for things.

"They couldn't give me what I wanted."

Julia had requested a date with Marcus and he took her on a private boat. She gushed over every detail.

Deva also overheard Deana talk about her date with Darius and automatically had to walk off. She didn't to hear it. Her emotions were combusting and one small move could push her over the edge.

Deva walked into the library, not expecting anyone to be in there, but was quite surprised when she saw none other than the King himself. He was sitting on one of the comfy chairs with an antique book tucked in his hands. His eyes shot up, and Deva froze.

"I'm sorry I didn't know anyone was in here."

"No need to apologize young one." He got up as she turned to walk right back out.

Being in the presence of a vampire king was not exactly the most ideal way for her to spend her time.

"Would you care for a brandy?"

The temptation was a terrible bittersweet weakness. The last drink she had felt like weeks ago.

"I never refuse liquor."

"Neither do I." He handed her the glass and gestured for her to sit. She did without complaint. How awful could it be?

"Were you just wandering the castle my dear?"

Deva took a strong bitter sip. "Yes sort of."

"Were you trying to avoid someone?" He looked into her eyes like he already knew what she was thinking or planning to do.

"Your sons actually."

"Yes, beastly things they are," he said with a musical laugh. Deva didn't think a man in his kind of position even knew how to laugh.

"May I ask you a question?"

He seemed intrigued and curious. "Of course."

She gulped the rest of the drink and felt the burn as it ran down her throat. That was definitely one of the smoothest brandies she had ever drunk. "What is it about Darius that you don't approve of?"

"I've told you once."

"Yes, but I think there is more to the story."

He placed his glass on the table and leaned back in his chair, getting a better look at her. "He is selfish and headstrong. He believes since he is first born that he will automatically inherit the throne. His pride is what is tearing him down and holding him back from being a king. He does not think of others before himself. For hundreds of years, I have watched him fall into the same situation, failing at every test I throw him. I don't believe he has it in him."

"You don't honestly believe that." Deva couldn't fathom how a father could poorly judge his own son.

"You're only taking his side because you two are very similar." She waited for him to elaborate. "You both wear masks but for different reasons. You try to ward people off while he tries to attract them. He wants people to love him and you want them to hate you."

"I'm sure you're no angel." The King's mask was probably thicker than anyone else's.

"What if you do become queen?"

She couldn't allow herself to think it. "I won't."

"You'll have to pick one of my sons. Is Darius really the man you want by your side? Do you trust he can be loyal and faithful to you for the rest of time?"

She had a grave suspicion the King was trying to pin her against Darius just in case she did win. He would most likely want her to pick his favorite son to rule the kingdom. That would be Lucian.

She laughed pouring herself another drink. She wasn't drunk enough to talk to the King about his son's promiscuous behavior. "Were you faithful all those years of marriage?"

She knew there might be consequences asking the King person questions and hinting at accusations.

"I don't trust any of your sons in that way. It could be me building up my walls because I have issues trusting people especially vampires. I don't care what Darius does or who."

The King raised an inquisitive brow. "I believe that's just your mask talking. You're trying to fight it but you're secretly harboring feelings for him."

"Can we be real?" She was cutting through the bullshit. "You think I'm going to be the next queen, don't you?"

The King's crooked smile made her cinch back in the seat. She was hitting the nail straight through.

"If I was betting, yes I'd predict they'd choose you. You're bold, strong, fearless, and possess other qualities the other potentials don't have. And not to mention your military background is quite impressive."

He studied her in every way possible picking at her facial structure, her posture, her body language, even her caustic mannerism. Everything about her screamed not to be trifled with. Her tough exterior was a layer she would duly need to survive the vampire world.

"You're trying to get me to hate Darius for flirting with the other women. Why should I take your word for it? I hardly know you." Darius had opened up about his past and was showing a side of him she didn't think he possessed. She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"He flirts with them the same way he flirts with you." She couldn't be sure what he was insinuating.

Did he know about their hands on relationship? They were technically over first base. Was Darius giving other girls special treatment as well?

She wasn't going to let him mess with her. "Is this your way of making me run to Lucian, the loyal and faithful brother?"

"He won't hurt you as badly as Darius will." He was warning her.

"Darius' heart deserves more credit than you're giving it." She was defending the underdog because she knew what it felt like.

"Does it?" King Asher straightened his suit and fixed his posture. "Shall we make a wager then?"

Why did she suddenly feel like she was making a deal with the devil?

"Put his affection for you to the test. At my wife's party tomorrow night make a scene and embarrass him, insult him in front of everyone. You'll see just how much he cares for you."

What if she was wrong about him? "Then what?"

"If he treats you like any other common human than leave him behind and develop something with Lucian."

"This is insane. I may not even be queen. I don't want to start something only to have him ripped away from me."

"But you're not going anywhere." He knew about their decision to keep her at the palace. "They've condemned you here."

"Unfortunately."

"All I ask is you give Lucian a chance." He was selling his son off to preserve his seat at the throne.

"Deal."

She wasn't going to fight it any longer. Even the King thought she had a real shot at the crown. Deva needed to grow up and face the facts. She was probably never going to see home again. She was stuck in a vampire world with two princes fighting for her affection. It was time to think of herself.

If she was going to spend the rest of her days in their palace, in their lives then she needed to secure her place. Deva was hoping her instincts were right about Darius. Witnessing how cruel his father could be only gave her spite to prove him wrong. She wanted Darius to be worth. He had just as much chance as his brothers did.

Deva never had the need or occasion to wear so many elegant dresses in her life. Was this the lifestyle that awaited her if she became queen, constantly putting on gorgeous gowns for balls thrown every week?

Tonight was not an elegant occasion for her. Deva was wearing a scandalous skin tight red dress with cut outs around her breasts. She wanted the eyes of everyone at the party. Izzy even helped her pick it out the day they went to the mall.

Izzy's reflection in the mirror settled her nausea.

"You look beautiful," Deva complimented.

She had a body to kill for and skin as soothe as porcelain in her fashionable silk dress.

"Thanks and you look sexy. I'm glad you choose this one. But you look a little pale. Are you alright?"

Deva exhaled. "I feel fine." That was a lie.

"Don't worry. It will be fun and there's plenty of wine. Usually I pregame but for some reason I didn't this time. I would have brought you some."

A little alcohol in her system would have been a blessing. She hated how much she relied on it.

"It's the thought that counts."

"Are you ready?"

"Not yet. How about I meet you down there?"

"Alright." Izzy kissed her on the cheek, farewell.

Deva had knot forming in her stomach. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. How much faith did she have in their connection? He must have cared for her if he was willing to open up to her.

Making her way down the stairs, she could already hear the small chatter coming from the parlor where the party was being held. It was a room she had never been inside before. Like the rest of the castle it had a high ceiling and gold patterned trim laced around like beautiful decorative art. The pale, white marble mantelpiece was anything but dull. Carved on the edges were Greek statues of robed women.

It was a statement piece that varied in size by the inevitable surmounted mirror. Priceless oil painting capturing the past in frozen moments on canvas were strategically placed like a family tree on the walls. Hard, thick crimson curtains hung in harsh folds about the windows. And it seemed like every ruby red boudoir furniture was occupied.

Deva kept her head held high as she glanced around. All the girls were already engrossed in conversation with strangers. Her vision was filled with strangers. It spiked her anxiety. She hated small talk and abhorred meeting new people. These new people were not the normal she was used to. They were high class with their crisp suits, silk gowns, and diamond encrusted jewelry.

She caught a glimpse of the three identical dashing figures conversing in a small group. Her eye catching entrance worked since all three of them seemed to stop to look at her. If she stared back any longer she knew her cheeks would betray her with a blush. So instead she quickly bowed and wandered towards Izzy.

Izzy glowed from the spotlight. She was the delight of the party.

"Oh Deva I must introduce you. This is Ryan," she said pointing to a tall and beautiful black haired brown eyed man. He smiled and stretched out his hand.

"It's a pleasure, Ryan." She shook his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine I can assure you."

"And this is Max," Izzy said pointing to a light brown haired man with sparkling green eyes that were dancing with interest.

He went to take her hand and kissed it. "I've heard so much about you."

"Have you?"

He offered her an alluring smile that almost made her blush if she wasn't already immune to devilish attractions. "Yes, and I must say it feels like an honor meeting you."

"Yes you should feel privileged."

He chuckled, a low and sexy laugh. "Oh I do. Now that I've seen you and have met you I'm quite intoxicated by your presence."

Deva smiled seductively at him while leaning over to take his drink from his other hand. She placed the glass to her lips and swallowed the rest of it down. "Do I make you weak at the knees?" Her voice was soft and enchanting.

"And so much more."

She could see the flicker of lust in his eyes and knew she had to put some space between them for the moment.

"Then perhaps I should leave you. I wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself." She dashed through the crowd to hide.

She had been introduced to too many people to remember. Towards the middle of the night Deva came across a familiar face.

"Hello little Deva," his gorgeous dimples made her contagiously smile back.

"John was it?" She believed he was one of the friends the princes brought with them when they all played the hide and go seek game.

"Yes, that would be me."

Deva sipped her wine and watched as John openly gazed down her body. "See something you like?" It annoyed her a little to have him look at her like that.

"I was just checking for any sharp weapons."

That explained it. Deva couldn't contain her laughter. She wasn't good at first impressions.

"Did I scare you the first time we met?"

"Yes," he replied playfully. "You completely scarred me for life."

Deva innocently raised her hands up in surrender. "I promise I'm weapon free, but if you don't believe me, by all means check me."

Her eyes glistened with mischief while he laughed and nodded behind her. "I don't think that is wise on my part. I believe the princes would skin me alive if I tried."

Deva looked behind her and found Marcus and Lucian with furious scowls on their faces. Good she got their attention, but they weren't the right brother.

"Aw yes," she responded. "I forgot how possessive they can be about their toys."

Deva decided not to linger any longer with John and began making her way around the room again.

An hour later she was already tired of the scene. She went through three glasses of wine to calm her nerves. Looking at the King, she knew she had to make her move. It was now or never. So she went up to Max and flashed him a seductive grin, he easily returned it.

"Enjoying yourself sweet Deva?"

"Actually the only good thing at this party is the wine."

He agreed. "You should stay with me I can make your night all sorts of fun."

"Fun you say. What do you have in mind?"

"Would you like to find out?"

Deva moved closer placing her hand sensually over his chest. "I don't think you have it in you. And I doubt you could keep up with me."

"Do you want me to prove it?"

No other male in the room would dare make such a bold statement afraid they might offend the princes. What made him so different? Putting the moves on a potential seemed like a crime.

She shrugged. "Sure."

"I don't think so," she heard the all too common voice. Standing there beside them Darius looked livid with anger.

"Darius," she said not moving her hand from Max's chest knowing it would fuel Darius' agitation. "What a not so pleasant surprise."

"Deva," his tone was conspicuously laced with enmity.

"You should probably walk away before you make a scene." Deva warned.

"I think you've had too much to drink sweetheart." He placed his hand on her shoulder, and she jerked his hand off her.

"Obviously you don't know me so well, darling. A few glasses of wine are not going to do anything to me but give me a stronger thirst for more."

"Sweetheart I think you should come with me." He tried to control his animosity.

"Why?" She leaned her head on Max's chest while still staring into Darius' eyes. "Is this making you jealous?"

"Not in the slightest." Darius had a dark heated flames in his eyes.

She raised her brow. "Oh really?" She stood on her tip toes and leveled her face with Max's. Max didn't move. He was somewhat stunned and didn't know how to respond.

"Don't you dare," he growled as she moved in to kiss Max, but stopped just short of his lips.

"Why should I listen to you?"

She freed Max of the tension and took the wrath of Darius upon herself. She directed her stance a good foot away from Darius' menacing rage.

"I am your prince, and you will do as I say."

"My prince? What makes you worthy of that title? Being born with a name and fortune does not make you worthy of respect. Tell me oh great prince what have you done to deserve such an honor?"

Everyone at the party had their eyes on the sudden spectacle. Deva could feel their stares burning wholes to her face but she did her best to keep her composure.

"You will not speak to me like that."

"Are you forgetting dear prince that you wish to make a human your future queen? Or have you forgotten that part, when you go through the rest of the girls like cheap whores instead of treated like prospects."

His chest puffed out as he took another step. She laughed at his sudden impulsive gesture. "Have I struck a nerve prince? Is that how you earn your respect?"

"You will not speak like that to a Prince of Vampires," he bared his razor teeth.

"What prince? The pathetic excuse for a royal immortal in front of me is no prince but a coward and a selfish prick who thinks of no one but himself. You are not a prince, and you will never be a good enough king."

His eyes shifted to a dark grey and she could tell it was hitting him hard. He intimidatingly brushed his chest against hers.

"On your knees filthy human. You will fall to the floor and ask for forgiveness."

"I will not bow down to something that does not deserve it. You will have to kill me first." She spat.

He was already flinging himself at her pinning her to the wall. From the corner of her eyes she could see Lucian and Marcus restrain themselves from interfering. She had to do this. She had to prove to the King that Darius was capable of mercy and self-sacrifice. Deva didn't care for her life anymore, and for some reason she felt she didn't have to care. She had faith in Darius.

Darius raised his hand to her neck, his cold touch screamed to her. He was hungry. Darius dug his nails into her neck and she felt a sting run down her throat.

"Bow down!" He growled. That was the first glimpse she ever heard him so animal like. He was staring at her like prey, and she didn't like it.

"Kill me first!"

He looked at her with so much intensity as if contemplating the thought.

"Do it Darius. You know you want to." His hand tightened around her throat, so forceful she was having trouble breathing. She felt the air gradually escaping her lungs and wasn't sure how much more she would last.

"Do it," she choked out. Her eyes flashed with sorrow. How could she be wrong?

Blinking several times Darius released her throat, and she fell to the floor. She took deep breaths, and that was when she heard clapping.

"Magnificent performance my dear," she heard the King patronize.

"And the Oscar goes to," she heard another voice.

"What are you talking about?" Darius' viciously yelled.

Her face was cast to the ground, and she was on her knees. I guess he did get me on my knees, she wanted to laugh. Then the pain on her throat forced her to stop all thoughts of laughing. She couldn't focus much of anything because a slight dizziness was slowly consuming her. She gradually rose to her feet fighting back the discomfort; she did not want pity.

She forced herself to block out her vision of Darius. She did not want to see his face, to know what he was feeling or what kind of emotions he was going through.

All eyes were on her as she booked it to the exit. She heard multiple voices call out her name; whether in protest or worry she didn't care. There was nothing they could say to stop her from leaving.

Inside the solace of her room, she did her best not to breakdown. Her neck was throbbing, but she ignored it. She was too tired to panic and decided to take her heels off in order to get ready for bed.

She sat on her bed and replayed the catastrophic moments in her head. In doing so she did not hear someone uninvitedly entering her room. Forcing her heavy head up to see Darius and his pain stricken face.

"Deva..."

"Don't." She cut him off.

He continued anyway. "I'm so sorry. I should have never done those things to you. I wasn't thinking."

"Darius stop I don't need your apology. I provoked you. You're a prince and you acted like one." But could he only see her as a human and nothing more?

He couldn't even pretend to agree with her. "I don't deserve that title. I don't deserve you."

She rose in remorse. "I'm not as innocent as you think."

He sped to her to hold her soft hands. "Why did you do it?"

"I let the demon get to me. I was jealous. I wanted to see how important I was to you even in front of others. Was I just another girl?"

"No Deva," He leaned his forehead against hers; the intimate gesture causing both their hearts to share the same rhythmic pattern. "I don't want to be that person you just witnessed. You are more; so much more."

She didn't know what or who to believe.

"Please," he whispered then pulled away to examine her neck. His faced saddened at the sight of it. "Forgive me. I never meant to hurt you." He leaned in and licked her blood and wound making it vanish. "Forgive me sweet, sweet Deva," he whispered in between the kisses he was placing on her neck. He wanted to kiss away all the bruise marks on her neck that he had created. "I've missed you."

She slowly felt her protest fade as he lifted her into his arms and laid her next to him on the bed. She rested her head on his chest as he tangled his hands in her long hair gently forcing her neck to tilt so he had better access to it. With every kiss he put on her neck he saw a hint of the bruise fade away. When he felt like most of it was gone he kissed her forehead.

"I'm so sorry. I will never hurt you again."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly her vision began to see a scene of a girl staring out of a window waiting for someone. Deva smiled as Darius filled her mind with the story her father had told her about, the girl awaiting her prince.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410 65 31
"Princess?" A man came inside the room. It was the man she had only met twice before. "I'm not a fucking princess! Get this in your fucking head, dum...
1.1M 26.2K 22
"I will chain you up and keep you in my bedroom forever. The only one who you will ever love is me. You are mine Ella and nobody, not even God can ch...
253K 11.8K 36
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...
6.8K 356 38
Valentina , a naive 18 year old sweet girl ,loves to help people ,extremely empathetic. Raised by a single mother ,she is unaware of a lot of not so...