Royal Pain (Rewritten)

Por romolavinia91

This newer version of Royal Pain has a few mature scenes and more added detail. I hope if you're a rereader o... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Ch. 31 The Origin
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 (Embracing Pain)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 8

15.7K 687 118
Por romolavinia91

Deva woke up after hearing a knock on the door. Amy came rushing in looking a bit frantic and obscured.

"Oh there you are lady Deva. The princes will like to meet with you ladies in a few minutes. So, it would be wise if you get up now."

Deva rubbed her eyes as she stared at the clock. It was already noon. "How did that happen?"

Then, she remembered her long night with Lucian. He was opening up to her and revealing parts of himself she knew was difficult for him. He was showing her he trusted her. She was growing dependent on his honesty.

"Alright Amy. Thank you."

Deva rushed to get dressed and noticed her roommate Lacey was nowhere in the room. Making her way down the empty hall alone, she could hear voices coming from the study room.

"Yes, well Marcus took me to a really classy restaurant. It was so amazing. The night couldn't have been better, I swear," a tall brunette gushed to the Taylor Swift look alike.

"My night was incredible too. Darius took me out to the movies, and the cute part about it was he emptied out the theater so it was just him and me."

Deva couldn't stop her sarcastic reflexes. "Maybe he didn't want to be seen in public with you."

The blonde, Stacy, pressed her lips together and glared at Deva with much disdain. "Or maybe he wanted me all to himself."

Deva wasn't too sure what kind of a person Darius was yet; so she wasn't completely sure what his intentions were. Maybe he did like the tall blondes and way over the top kind of girls.

"Yeah, maybe you're right."

Deva turned to get away, but stopped when she heard the blonde whisper to the other girl, "She actually thinks playing hard to get is working for her."

Giggles came from both of them.

"I'm not actually playing anything, Taylor. I don't want them. You can have them." Deva declared to Stacy.

Her remark didn't assure the blonde at all. "Yeah right, I know you want them. Do I really look that stupid to you?"

"Do you really want me to answer that truthfully?" Deva bit down her tongue.

The blonde smirked and tossed her hair away from her face just like the popular girls back in high school used to do. "The only reason the princes are spending time with you is because they have to. I mean why else would they be around someone or rather something as depressing as you. You have nothing to offer them." The brunette was nodding in the background. "Do you even own a brush? Your hair is horrid, your skin is flakey, and your personality sucks."

Deva had avoided girls like them for most of her life and for good reason. They thought that perfect hair, a dab of lipstick, and heels would get them everything they wanted even immortal princes.

"There's a reason I don't have that many friends," Deva mumbled to herself and made way for the exit. She didn't want to get into any fights or cause a scene. She wasn't trying to seek attention.

"That's right little troll. Just keep walking." The two girls snickered.

Was there something in the air causing this kind of possessive attraction towards the princes? Why were they acting so childlike? They were all twenty-two for crying out loud. Deva knew she wasn't helping the situation by firing back but really?

"Do you get laughed at a lot and never know why?"

They both turned to give Deva death glares. "No I don't act stupid and desperate like you to be laughed at."

"Yeah I don't think you act stupid either. I'm sure it's the real thing." Deva giggled for her own amusement.

She made it to the meeting quarters and planted herself on top of the vintage oak desk in the back corner. Most of the girls had already situated themselves in the only vacant seats on the couches. Some of them acting as friends but behind closed doors Deva was more than certain they were enemies fighting for a crown.

The princes filed in line and her stomach fluttered when all three pair of eyes fell upon her.

Lucian cleared his throat and Marcus stepped up, "We hope you all are doing well today. The reason we are having this little meeting is because today you will be meeting our parents; the King and Queen of this vampire kingdom."

Deva felt her heart drop, strange nervousness settling its way inside her.

"They are very curious to meet you all and are rather excited as well."

"Don't be too nervous. They look intimidating, but they know that one day one of you will be their Queen. They are not as ruthless as you may think they are. Our parents are surprisingly normal when it comes to morals of such." Lucian added in.

"When will we meet them?" Julia asked.

"Today for brunch. You will each see them individually." Darius said.

"Is this some sort of test?" Stacy asked from across the room.

The brothers turned their heads at each other as if they were having their own private conversation. After a moment Darius spoke again, "Not exactly but I do advise you to choose your words wisely."

Deva noticed the brothers' little exchange of expressions which only sparked her curiosity. There was something there that she wasn't getting or understanding.

"Now, the first lady to see our parents will be Lacey. Jeffrey will show you to the sunroom," Lucian said pointing to the tall butler.

Lacey got up looking a little pale and followed Jeffrey out of the room.

"Now, the rest of you beautiful ladies are free to do whatever you like until it's your time. My brothers and I have a few things to resolve; so we can't keep you company today."

The girls hesitantly began to empty out the room. Julia turned to Deva's unmoving form. "Aren't you coming, Dev?"

"Yeah, in a minute."

Julia left, leaving Deva alone with the brothers. Their smiles began to turn into seductive smirks as they stared at her relaxed position on the table.

"Is there something you needed, sweetheart?" Darius asked sweetly.

"Just a question that I need to have answered." She said simply dropping her gaze as she was running through the pages of a book that was on the table.

"And that would be?"

"Just a few seconds ago you three were looking at each other and your faces were revealing some hidden discussion." She paused then looked up to rest her eyes on three identical faces that were looking impressed with her. "Can you guys read minds?"

"Is this another twilight reference, sweetheart?"

She rolled her eyes at Darius. "Are you avoiding the question?"

Marcus moved closer to her. "Yes love, we can read minds but only each other's."

Deva flashed the all knowing smile. "I knew it."

"Yes, but only within each other's minds. It's kind of a royal brother connection thing," Lucian tried to explain.

"I see. Man that must get annoying being inside each other's heads."

"Sometimes, but we've learned to block out each other's' thoughts when we need to."

"That's good. I would hate to have someone knowing my every thought."

Darius would do anything to know what she thought of him. "Why? Is there something your hiding in that beautiful and crazy mind of yours?"

She maneuvered in front of him. His body easily towering over her, but she loved when others thought she was at a disadvantage. "I guess you'll never know now will you, sweetheart." She mockingly used his nickname for her.

She heard him laugh as she was exiting the room.

"Maybe not now sweet Deva, but eventually I'll get inside your mind and hopefully something else."

A while later, Deva sat in her closet debating on what to wear for her meeting with the King and Queen. She threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and stripped black and white shirt but she wasn't sure if she should wear something over. She heard someone enter her room; so she got up pulling out a purple sweater and a whiter blazer.

Amy was waiting for her at the door. "Are you ready my lady?"

"Not yet. Which one do you think I should wear Amy?" Deva asked holding up both items to her body.

"I like the purple one my lady."

"Me too," Deva pulled the sweater on. "Thank you."

Amy led her down the hall to a room she had never been in before. The double doors were opened by two butlers who welcomed her with smiles as she passed. Inside the room the brightness coming from the wide open windows were practically blinding her. The walls were covered in dull Victorian floral wallpaper and large portraits of people Deva knew nothing about. A fancy table was set in the center of the room. Two women and a very intimidating man were waiting for her to join them.

Approaching the table, the woman with dark brown hair respectfully stood up. She was undeniably beautiful and young, but Deva expected that and guessed she was the princes' mother. They looked so much like their mother that Deva would have easily mistaken her as their twin sister. She was giving Deva a sweet motherly feeling as she extended her gentle hand towards her.

Deva graciously took it and smiled genuinely at the woman.

"And you must be Deva. I am Queen Emma. I've heard about you." The Queen said, her grey eyes welcoming.

"If you've heard something bad I promise it's a lie." She relied on her sarcasm when her nerves were shot.

The Queen giggled softly. "Oh and they were right. Your humor is very refreshing. Will you please sit dear?"

"Yes, thank you."

She took a seat in front of the other girl. She looked about the same age as her but age didn't really matter for vampires. The girl had natural blonde highlights and different shaped eyes then her brothers. Yet she had the same grey-blue as them so Deva could only guess they were related.

The Queen raised her had towards the girl confirming her suspicion, "This is my daughter Elizabeth."

"Izzy," the girl corrected. "I hate when you call me by my full name."

"It's nice to meet you, Izzy," Deva spoke politely.

"Likewise." Izzy replied unenthusiastically.

Deva didn't take any offense to the princess' boredom. Maybe it wasn't her at all? The princess wore a black leather jacket with studs and shadowed her eyes will dark makeup. Her appearance along with her detached, disinterested attitude gave Deva the impression the princess was one rebel without a cause.

The Queen then turned to the man, "This is my husband King Asher."

"Good evening young lady." His voice was low and laced with velvet persuasion. She almost lost her train of thought when she tried greeting him. He had the most amazing captivating ice blue eyes that were piercing into her soul.

(King Asher)

"Good evening your majesty," she replied, thankful her voice didn't give out.

She examined his facial expression. He seemed like a strong and noble man since he held his head so high. His posture was compelling and tough; he had to have been born with the authority of power.

"So dear," the Queen started. "Tell us a little about yourself."

Why? Would it matter in the end? Why was everyone in this world trying to pry her open like an experiment? She was tired of being dissected?

"I'm simple. What you see is what you get."

They didn't seem too pleased with her short answer.

"And what do we get?" The Queen tried procuring more out of her.

"What do you see?" Deva's smart mouth rendered further.

The King took her challenge. "I see a woman who speaks her mind and doesn't care for the consequences."

Deva was aware of the small hinted threat in his tone.

"A rebel." Izzy voiced suddenly fascinated by the subject.

"I'll admit I do have trouble with authority." Deva spoke shamelessly.

Izzy's lips curved into an understanding grin.

"I don't appreciate being taken from my family and home. Did you honestly expect the distraction of your charming sons and beautiful castle would be enough? I'm supposed to bow down to these powerful creatures of the night after you stole a part of my life I can never get back?"

Izzy's harmonious laugh and dramatic clapping filled the large sunroom. "I like her. I like her a lot."

The Queen pursed her lips. "Don't you want to be queen?"

"Don't you?" Deva felt like she was embarking on dangerous territory. "Don't you enjoy being queen? Why give it up now?"

The Queen remained quiet and observant. Was the prophecy the only thing forcing them to step down?

"The question you should be asking is do I want to be a vampire?" The answer was no and she wanted to make it clear.

"Immortality doesn't have to be a curse."

"Would ruling this kingdom be a curse then?" Deva was a pessimist and a realist.

"Depends on how you look at it. Couldn't life be a curse too?" The King reminded her that life was full of tragedy and death.

"This whole concept, this whole idea is ridiculous." Deva pushed back in her chair getting nowhere.

"Why don't you elaborate for us?"

"Who am I to lead your people?" She cried desperately. "I don't think any of the girls who were brought here fully grasp the aspect of what you want us to do and become. This world was just a myth a few days ago. How can dark creatures like vampires and lycans-"

"Lycans? You know about the Lycans." King Asher asked baffled at her knowledge.

"As dashing as your sons are I like isolation. I've raided you library. I think I've read every book you have pertaining to your history."

They all studied her just as closely as they would an enemy.

"What else do you know? What is on your mind?" The Queen's voice was sweet yet cautious.

"I know that you Queen Emma also came into power this same way. You are from the human world. King Asher saved you from a fire when you were fifteen."

The King stared in marvel. He loved the fact that she was the only girl to educate herself about the kingdom. "Which one of my sons do you see fit as the next king?"

"You want honesty?" She was willing to give it to him.

"And nothing else." He replied firmly.

"I don't know the princes that well but from what I have gathered they all have their own qualities. Marcus has his compassion while Lucian has his determination. That is what drives them to become leaders. Darius being the first born has a sense of leadership already but he lacks the will of conviction."

The King's straight lips finally curved into a smile for the first time. "I agree. Darius has always had a weak form of perseverance."

Deva immediately sensed his disapproval for his eldest son's behaviors. "But he does have the potential. He just needs the push or drive to do so. Perhaps this next queen will help him do so."

"Darius may act as solid as a rock but it is because his heart loves more deeply than anyone else's." Queen Emma clearly favored her eldest son but Deva predicted it was only because King Asher was tougher on him.

Izzy got up to break the tension. "Mother, father, if this meeting is over I would like to steal away Deva for the rest of the day."

The Queen looked reluctant to comply. Deva's first impressive wasn't as pleasing as she would have wished.

"I don't think-"

Izzy grabbed Deva's hand and dragged her off. "Bye. I'll see you tomorrow...maybe."

The King didn't seem worried by Deva spending time with their daughter.

"It was an honor to even be in the same room as your majesties."

The King and Queen sensed a bit of mockery in Deva's attempt at flattery.

"You really are trying to ruin your chances of being queen." Izzy laughed leading the way down a maze of corridors. Deva was already lost.

"I thought your brothers were the ones picking the next queen not your parents." Not that Deva initially cared.

"They are but my parents could probably give them hell for it." Izzy exhaled exasperated. "I'm just glad it's over with. They made me sit through every single interview. It was torture."

"Was it?" Deva could only imagine how much praise there was about the castle and the princes.

"Oh God, yes. Let me tell you listening to a bunch of wanna-bes constantly talk about how wonderful my brothers are, is not what I call a productive morning." Her face scrunched at the horrid memory of it all.

Deva laughed, thinking about how much Izzy reminded her of Marcus. Izzy inherited most of her looks from her father but her personality was Marcus all the way; playful, spunky, and sarcastic.

"Where are we going Iz?"

"To my room. I'd try and sneak you out of the castle but I think my brothers would hunt me down and skin me alive." She didn't flinch once while stating that fact.

Deva was inclined yet afraid to ask if they had done it before. Izzy detected her uneasy reaction and looped her arm around Deva's elbow.

"Okay maybe not skin me alive but they would be pissed."

Deva let out a breath and relaxed. They stopped in front of two very large wooden French doors. Izzy opened them and inside Deva laid witness to a room that looked like something out of the Marie Antoinette movie. The romantic baby blue, gold, and pink floral concept matched the rest of the castle. But Deva felt like it clashed with Izzy's personality.

"This is your room?"

"Unfortunately. Mother won't let me touch it. If it were up to me I'd paint the whole room black. But I guess I've gotten used to it." She propped herself onto the white sofa. "Besides I have the biggest closet on this side of the castle."

"Now that's an upside." Deva didn't mean to pry but she instinctively migrated towards the bookshelf on the left side of the room.

It was fully stocked; books were practically piling over threating to fall down.

"Do you not get out much?"

"I used to be allowed but now my every move is monitored just like yours. I can't leave without a body guard. And recently I've cut down on my list of friends."

Deva felt compelled to sympathize. "Since moving here I felt that exact need too."

"Oh yes and your options are very limited. I mean some of the potentials are fine, smart and all but they seem caught up in this glamorous lifestyle. Trust me it's not that great."

"Julia was my best friend before all this happened."

"Julia?" Izzy ranked through her memory. "Oh yes. I remember her. She was very pretty and tan."

"That's the one." Her tan made even vampires jealous. "So what do you normally do around here? Please tell me as a little sister you give your brothers hell."

Izzy threw her hands up imploring her troubled cause. "Believe me I try but those three are harder to get than a psychic sometimes. Especially Darius. It's like he has a sixth sense."

Deva began tapping her chin. "Then we shall have to come up with something good."

Izzy welcomed the help and new partner in crime with open arms.

Deva, still pocking through things, spotted a small glittery looking bottle on the table and picked it up. It was a strawberry scented glitter body spray. She held it up for Izzy to see.

"Ok, the only people to wear this kind of spray are strippers and ten years old little girls who are in love with Justin Beiber." Deva was finding Izzy more entertaining by the second. "And since you're not anywhere near a ten year old little girl I have to wonder if you have a secret you want to tell me about." Deva supported a huge sarcastic grin.

"Are you calling me, Princess Izzy, a stripper?"

"If the shoe fits."

Izzy snatched the bottle from her hand and began to spray Deva all over. Izzy chased Deva throughout the entire room knocking a few things over. They were both laughing hysterically.

"I am not a stripper."

"Ok, ok exotic dancer then."

Izzy shook her head and focused her eyes on Deva like a predator would a prey. "I'll show you exotic dancer."

She twisted open the bottle and Deva panicked still laughing. She raised her hands in surrender.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure your mother will still love you except your father might disown you." Deva backed away slowly. "Would that be so terrible though?"

Izzy shrugged really considering it. "Actually, probably not, but who looks like the stripper now?"

Izzy's evil grin made Deva sprint to the floor length mirror. Her whole body was covered in glitter.

"I look like a human disco ball."

Izzy came up behind her. "A masterpiece if you ask me."

A random song came on from Izzy's pocket. She pulled out a phone and sighed indecently once she glanced at the caller ID.

"What? Who is it?"

"I guess you can call her Darius' ex although it only lasted a week because she is one annoying hoe. She keeps trying to call me like we're friends or something. She only wants to get Darius back."

Deva instantly thought of a devilish plan. "You should answer the phone and invite her over."

"What?" Izzy wouldn't dare.

Deva broke down the plan to her new friend. "You said Darius doesn't like her right?"

"He distastes her like a nasty leech. She's been after him for years now. He'd probably kill me if he knew I invited her over."

"But that's the idea. Get her to come over and Darius won't expect it. Imagine his surprise when he sees her. Priceless."

Izzy found the plan pure genius."I love the way you think new best friend."

Deva couldn't wipe the mischievous smile off her face ever since Darius' ex the crazy blonde named Tina showed up. Deva couldn't even believe Darius would go there. This girl was exceptionally pretty but the six inch heels and skanky leopard print dress was not helping her case. The only message she was giving off was easy. Maybe that was why Darius went out with Tina was because he was using her for sex.

He must have, she thought, he has to have better taste than that.

"Now Tina I need you to hide behind the door until I say, okay? It is sort of a surprise for Darius so we need you to go into the other room for now."

The blonde lit up. "Whatever you say Izzy. Just let me know when to come out."

"Oh you'll know." Izzy said pointing towards a door which was meant to hide Tina.

As soon as she was out of sight Izzy turned to Deva with a naughty smile and villainous thoughts. "This is going to be so sweet. Ready partner?"

"Oh heck yes."

Izzy popped out her phone and dialed Darius' number. He picked up after the second ring. "What's up Izzy?"

"Hey um can you meet me in the social room?"

"Sure. Why?" Darius asked suspiciously.

"I'll let you know when you get here." She said hastily hanging up before she gave out too much information.

Within a matter of seconds Darius came waltzing into the room looking as gorgeous as ever in his tight v-neck shirt.

"What's going on Izzy?" He asked taking the sight of his baby sister and Deva standing next to each other. A brilliant smile plastered on his face as he approached them. "Well hello sweetheart. I see you're making new friends."

Deva threw her arm over Izzy shoulders. They were roughly the same height. "Oh me and Iz here are best friends actually."

"Really?" His brows went up and lines creased his forehead.

"Yup." Izzy included. "You all have been keeping her to yourselves it's not fair so she's mine now."

Darius lowered his patronizing glaze towards his sister. "I don't think so little sis. Deva is a very important person in the challenges."

"Important my butt. You have eight other girls to keep you occupied." Deva said disgusted.

"It's not the same." He was getting irritable. "This is not up for discussion."

"What if we bring in another candidate?" Deva asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Perhaps someone you knew and have probably forgotten." Izzy urged on.

"What are you two going on about?"

"Shall we refresh your memory?" Izzy said just as Tina burst through the door. She quickly flung herself in Darius' arms and latched on like a koala bear. He was so shocked he wasn't sure how to react.

"Oh princey boy, I've missed you so much." Tina said with an exaggerated sadness.

Darius had to control himself in order to not throw her across the room. He abruptly removed her arms from around his neck and forced them to her sides. Darius then turned his head to the giggling of both his sister and Deva. They were obviously getting a kick out of this. He gave them both a look stating 'I'll get to you soon enough'.

He let out an exasperating sigh while looking into Tina's overly excited green eyes. "What are you doing back here Tina? I told you to never come back to the castle. I specifically told you to stay away from me."

"I couldn't help it princey; I just missed you so much. Please don't hate me for that." She began to pout. Perhaps she thought she looked cute doing it, but it only looked pathetic and disturbing.

"Tina you can't just come see me like this. To be honest, I don't ever want to see you again." He said bluntly.

His harsh words struck a chord, and Tina began to sob. "What did I do?"

"Everything wrong." He confessed with no regret.

"I gave you the best years of my life." She shouted aggressively.

Even louder hysterical laughs erupted from the two culprits. Darius bit down his patience.

"Tina we only went out for a week." He raised his voice.

"Yes, and I never stopped loving you since," she tried saying softly and more lovingly.

"Well, maybe you should stop because you and I will never happen again."

"NO!!" She cried stepping closer to him and he wanted to gag from all the flower scented perfume she was wearing. "I don't believe you; what we had was special. Remember princey when we used to sneak off into the night and we would find an empty cabin. Remember all the things I used to do to you, for you. You loved it."

"If I loved it and if it was truly special then I wouldn't have ended it. What we had was nothing."

Tina began to scream uncontrollably. She grabbed the closest thing in reach and threw it at the window. Instantly Marcus and Lucian showed up to the party, amused by the situation.

"Tina you need to go now." Darius said firmly in a sort of kingly voice.

"No princey please, please forgive. I can change. Please, please." She begged clinging to his shirt.

Darius shot his brothers a helpless look which pulled them out of their amused state. Lucian called the guards and two seconds later two bulky men in all black marched in.

Marcus pointed to Tina saying, "Take her away and never let her in again."

Deva and Izzy were still giggling from the dramatic scene that had unfolded before them.

Marcus who was now laughing at the special sight of Tina clawing herself to Darius had to ask, "Now whose wicked mind came up with this bright idea?"

While the guards were prying Tina from Darius' shirt the two culprits made a run for the exit, but not quick enough. Deva felt strong massive arms snake around her waist lifting her off her feet.

"I think I have a really good idea who the mastermind was behind all this." She heard Darius' voice whisper into her ear.

"You do? Well, let me know so I can congratulate them on a job well done." She said laughing her butt off.

"Oh love, you are quite the evil genius." Marcus said taking a seat on the couch while watching the guards struggle with tolling Tina away.

"Dear Marcus, I have no earthly idea what you are talking about." She tried wiggling out of Darius' grip. "Now Darius, if you will be so kind as to let me go I have a few things I need to do."

"I don't think so." He said in a husky voice. "Do you know how long I've avoided that woman, and in the one week you're here you bring her over?"

"Oh don't even start. You're the one that actually went out with her."

Lucian's laughter filled the room. "She has you there brother."

"It was a mistake. Like you haven't had any crazy exs before sweetheart." He said letting his arms loosen around her.

"Actually I haven't. I've never really had a boyfriend before. They're too clingy." She said with a shrug.

"Tell me about it." Izzy said from the far corner.

"Never had a boyfriend?" That sparked Darius' curiosity.

"Nope. Don't give me that look. I've been on plenty of dates; I just haven't found a guy worth wasting my time on." She saw a hint of excitement and relief cross his face.

"That is very good to know. Now, for the predicament you have put me through you must be punished."

"What?" She sounded outraged.

His cunning smile was scary. "Oh yes, sweetheart." Deva began to squirm out of his grip again but Darius easily secured his arms about her. "Your punishment will be to spend the rest of the night with me."

"Nooo." She exaggerated playfully. "Izzy, Iz save me."

Izzy tried making a run towards her but Marcus harshly stopped her. "Oh no. You two have had plenty of time together for today." Marcus said with a hint of jest in his voice.

"Oh Deva." Izzy said stretching out her hands towards Deva.

"Izzy!!!" She whined. "You guys are not fair."

"It's for your own good and for our own sanity that you both are separated." Darius said taking Deva's fighting body and throwing her over his shoulder.

"What the heck?" Deva felt a rush of blood run down her face since she was now upside down.

Darius only laughed at her discomfort and exited the room. Walking down the corridor Deva started to pound her fist against his lower back which only made him laugh harder.

"Sweetheart I would stop if I were you. You're only going to hurt yourself."

He heard her mumble. "Stupid vampire. It's not fair. You're like a rock."

"You know sweetheart most girls love my rock hard body but yet you're complaining."

"I believe the girls you're referring to end up in prison for prostitution." It was just natural to insult him. It was her defense mechanism.

"I don't have to pay for sex."

"Of course not, you're a prince. Girls just want you for the five seconds of fame."

Darius remained quiet and suddenly Deva felt extremely stupid for taking it that far. She knew how touchy he was about people getting close to him for his title. It was a low blow and she felt guilty.

She tried blaming it on the blood rush. It was getting harder to function. She thought perhaps leveling her eyes would help but she only ended up admiring his backside.

There was no denying Darius had a very nice butt and the strides he was taking were so long that she had to hold in her raging hormones. She had to quickly think of something to distract her thoughts from his body. The only thing she could think of was to laugh hysterically.

"Why are you laughing?" He slowed his pace.

"Because," she paused in between breaths. He pulled her body over a bit so her face was even with his. "Now I know why you don't like to be called princey boy."

"Ha ha ha. Keep laughing sweetheart because Karma's a bitch."

She softened her laughter as she melted into his warm blue-grey eyes. "Yeah I think I've met her once or twice."

"Yeah I bet you have. She's probably your best friend."

She shrugged. "Whatever muffin."

He raised a sexy brow at her. "Muffin?"

"What? You have a stupid nickname for me; don't you get the same?"

He smirked. "Did you name me muffin because every time you wake up you just want to sink your teeth into me because I'm so darn irresistible?"

"Nooo." She said in a childlike tone. He waited for her reasoning so she quickly pulled something out of thin air, "It's more like muffin top."

He stared blankly into her face then dropped his gaze to his 8-pack stomach before laughing again. "I'm sure that's how you came up with it."

She silently cursed herself for not coming up with something better. "Aren't you supposed to be with a blonde today or a redhead? I don't want to interfere in your already made plans. So I relieve you of your duties with me."

"Oh sweetheart that wasn't convincing enough I'm sorry. And I'm sure Red will live if she doesn't see me tonight."

"Are you sure? I've heard redheads can be quiet temperamental. I don't want to be the cause of her breaking point or possible suicide attempt," she spoke seriously.

"I'm sure you don't, but you're not getting rid of me either way."

She sighed as she rested her head on the crook of his neck. He felt a rush of heat flowing through his body at the moment her head hit his skin.

"Where are we going then muffin?"

"To the kitchen." He said opening the kitchen doors at the exact same time.

It was usually empty at this hour and he was grateful for the intimate setting. He gently placed her on the counter and went to the freezer to pull out the ice cream.

"What are we having?"

"Sweets for my sweetheart." He replied with a goofy grin.

"Are you trying to make me fat?"

He stood between her legs that were dangling off the counter. She leaned in to see what kind of flavor it was but he quickly pulled it away from her view.

"This is for me. I'm working on my muffin top."

She giggled and he found it like music to his ears.

"I like it when you laugh." He said sweeping back the hair from her face.

"Then keep making fun of yourself."

He ran his finger across her cheek and noticed shimmering glitter all over her face and body.

"Sweetheart, why are you covered in glitter?"

"It was my attempt at becoming a vampire. Did it work? Do I dazzle you now?"

He threw back his head in disbelief. "You have got to stop with the twilight references."

"Aww are you jealous because I keep bringing up another vampire man?"

"Yeah," he said taking the lid off of the dark chocolate mint ice cream and spooning a scoop. "Of a fictional character, oh please. Sweetheart, why go for that when you can have all of this." He lifted his shirt and gestured towards his body.

Deva drew her eyes slowly down his chest and stopped at his torso which happened to be between her legs. The closeness of his body was driving her a little crazy with lust, but she controlled it with all her will power. No girl could resist a man-god that had an eight pack and that V line going down the side of his hips.

"I don't know." She pretended to contemplate. "I'm going to need a little more convincing."

She took the spoon from his hands and scooped some delicious ice cream, savoring the flavor in her mouth as it melted.

He knew she was playing hard to get but he was also a contender of that game. Darius pulled his shirt completely off and threw it on the counter. She almost dropped the spoon as her eyes ran across the plains of his perfect abdomen. Her reaction was exactly what he was looking for.

"Convincing enough?"

She licked the spoon. "You said I can have all of this, all of you?"

He remained quiet because she knew he couldn't exactly promise himself to her. He was technically already promised to the future queen. She took the bull by the horns anyway not knowing if she'd ever have the opportunity again. Her fingertips fell over the ripples of his abs and her heart fluttered in slow motion.

"You shouldn't say things you don't mean? I know I can't technically touch you. You're property of the future queen; whoever she may be."

"She might be you." He lingered closer to her lips and her mind was drowning in the possibility.

"What if I'm not?"

"I'm always the one breaking the rules." Darius was on the verge of kissing her; Deva even closed her eyes waiting to feel his soft lips on top of hers.

She wanted to finally satisfy her lustful desire to taste him but he didn't kiss her.

"You told me to never kiss you again."

She was too caught up in his smell, his warmth, and his seduction to recall ever saying that.

"How nice of you to remember." Deva couldn't believe she fell for his trap. He deliberately wanted her to want him to kiss her.

He grabbed the spoon from her hands and licked it before scooping some more ice cream. He felt victorious having the upper hand. He eat like nothing was the matter but from the corner of his eyes he could tell Deva was sidetracking how he took the advantage.

He dipped the spoon back into the ice cream then fed it to her.

"How come you've never had a boyfriend? You're gorgeous."

(Deva)

She licked her lips, laughing. "You think I'm gorgeous. Awww." She tried her hardest to conceal the blush.

He swept back her hair. "You know you are. Most men are probably too intimidated by you but those men don't deserve you."

"You really want to know?" He nodded and she continued. For some odd reason she wanted to open up a part of her past to him. "Towards the end of school I got into a really bad drinking habit. My parents concern kind of forced me to join the army. Apparently I needed discipline. It was good more me. I learned a lot."

"Yes. I knew about the military. We have files on each one of you."

Deva couldn't begin to imagine how big her file was. "Does it say how I got kicked out?"

He shook his head. Even if it was on record it wouldn't be the truth.

"My general tried to tell me it was required for him to shove his hands down my pants. I broke his nose. No one believed me and I was dismissed."

"I'm sorry."

She didn't mean to sound morbid. "I focused on myself. I didn't distract myself with men."

She zoned off and Darius wanted so badly to peel back the layers of her conscious.

"What are you thinking about sweetheart?"

"I was wondering what you can do." He raised his brow in a slick alluring move. "Not like that you perv. I meant that I know Lucian can teleport I'm just curious what you can do."

"Would you like me to show you?"

"Would you?" She asked not being able to keep the excitement out of her voice. He nodded and placed his large hands on her thighs. She flinched, but he began to rub circles with his thumbs in a comforting way that shot warm perceptions throughout her body.

"You have to trust me."

"Trust a vampire that's supposed to be punishing me?"

He grinned. "Exactly. Now close your eyes." She did as he said and soon felt his forehead on hers. "Take a deep breath and clear your mind"

She could smell his sweet intoxicating breath run across her face, and that was simply enough to wipe everything from her mind. She concentrated on his deep even breathing. "Now, open your eyes sweetheart."

When she did, she found herself on top of the Eiffel tower staring down at the lit house tops of the city Paris. The sky was dark, the clouds were surrounding the moon and the stars were the brightest she had ever seen them. She turned around and no one was there; the place was completely empty.

It didn't make sense; something was off because there wasn't any sound either. Being this high in the air meant that the wind would be fiercer than ever. It should be blowing like crazy. His warm arms wrapped around her.

"You don't teleport?"

"No," his voice was soft.

"Where is everyone? Is this a dream?"

"Yes sweetheart. This is a type of dream that I fabricated. I can envision anything, and you will see it before you. The reason there is no one here is because I did not make up people here with us."

She turned to stare at him in awe. "That takes a lot of creativity to come up with a new scene. Even when based off of reality. All the detail you have to incorporate." She gawked at his beautiful creation. "It's incredible."

"Yes I believe so."

She leaned closer to him and closed her eyes, pressing her forehead to his. When she opened her eyes again, they were back in the kitchen.

"Darius?" She peered into his elated eyes.

"Yes."

"If you get hurt in your mind-dreams, can you feel the pain when you wake up?"

"No. Only in the mind will you feel it. Once you are awake the pain is gone."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

96.4K 6.7K 40
Abby's come up with a brilliant plan. Sneak into the faerie realm, buy all the Delysum she can get her hands on, and return home before anybody reali...
570K 31.8K 20
I'm so sorry for the confusion but this is the third book to my "Mark of the Royals" series. The second book is "Royal Pain: The Origin" which is als...
6.8K 352 37
Valentina , a naive 18 year old sweet girl ,loves to help people ,extremely empathetic. Raised by a single mother ,she is unaware of a lot of not so...
11.4M 447K 56
It took the Beasts mere weeks to overthrow the human government and eliminate most of the population. Those who survived were put into slavery, force...