If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?

14.9K 714 42
By Aafrynn

Amanda's POV

"So, Miss Waters --",  I heard a sexy whisper in my ears. I turned around and interlocked my eyes with a pair of dark blue eyes.

"So ?', I questioned Mr. Reynolds in bewilderment. I didn't expect him to come and take a seat next to me. 

"What brought you here ?"

"My pleasure for eating, oh no I came here to take up a part-time job of a waitress. You've given me enough training to compliment the job ", I stretched my lips wide making it look like a smile as I taunted him.

" You should definitely work on your jokes ", he didn't seem much amused but wait it wasn't supposed to be a joke. It was clearly a t-a-u-n-t .

"At least I try ", I offended and looked away. "Why are you here ?', I reciprocated the question.

"You're not allowed to ask me questions, I am your Boss", he was so rude. I literally wanted to punch him on his nose. 

"Oh wait ", I looked at my wristwatch "It's not an office , neither are the timings as per my shift. You're no one to me here. Not my friend, not my Boss ", his expression wasn't much satisfied with my answer. The man who he was sitting with earlier,  left the dance floor and joined us. I wished him and greeted him with a handshake.

"I'm Cody Evans  ", he pushed his seat closer to Mr. Reynolds as he rested his hands on his shoulder. He brushed his nose on Mr. Reynolds's shoulder. Something seemed inappropriate on Mr. Reynolds's face, he didn't look comfortable. It felt like he couldn't speak up or get away, he just had to tolerate.

Oh, my Lord, the man was gay. It could be seen, it just took me a bit longer to recognize. Now I know why Gina called me a tube light, tube light doesn't really lighten up the moment you hit the button, it takes time for it to power up after 2-3 successful blinks and so did jokes in my head. 

I covered my mouth with my hands, I  couldn't control my laughter. I tightened my lips so that I didn't lose control over myself. I totally respected and supported gays, I never offended them. I didn't laugh at Cody,  I laughed at Mr. Reynolds as his situation was intractable. 

I exactly knew now that why he took a seat next to me, he wanted me. No wait, he needed me to help him out of this unfavorable condition. He couldn't just shove Cody away from him, he was one of the leading investors of his new plan .  Maybe Cody was just beguiled to invest because of his good looks but no the plan for the new line was really appreciable and breathtaking. 

Mr. Reynolds tried to shift away but Cody shifted an inch closer every time he drifted apart.  Cody eyed him like he was Rose to Jack, Blair to Chuck. " I am Amanda, nice to meet you Cody Sir ", I interrogated his close moment with Mr. Reynolds.

He pushed his dark blonde hair and focused his gaze towards me "Nice to meet you ", he smiled ."Pleasure is mine", I smiled back. On average I smiled 50 times a day, 48 were fake and maybe 2 were genuine.

" Maybe, I could tease him a bit? Maybe I should just walk towards Gina, Francis, and Sonia, Maybe I should leave him to the mess he was in, at the moment. I own tonight ", I kept my thoughts to myself as a smirk took birth on my lips.

"You have control for tonight, how about tomorrow and day after that, and even after that ?", my inner me offended giving me positive advice and so finally concluded to help him.

Cody was brushing his hands through Mr. Reynolds hair, Mr. Reynolds looked embarrassed as much as a kid when her mother told him/her to say poetry in which he/she excel to their relatives. Mr. Reynolds eyed me, his expressions clearly meant help-me. He loosened his tie trying to shift but he failed again. Cody caught him, this time tightly.

"Amanda", Mr. Reynolds broke the sensuous atmosphere.

"Mr. Reynolds ", I did the same as he did, took his name precisely his surname. Did he just call me by my first name? Oh my God, one of the days in history I can't forget. I removed my phone and wrote today's date and incident in memos. It was unexpected and very fictitious so I didn't want to forget about it.

"Baby, call me by my name. I've said you so many times to call me by my name when we're out of office premises ", no please, not again I've played the role of wife. This time I am not agreeing to be his girlfriend but did I have any choice. No, I didn't.

"Baby ?" Cody seemed puzzled, most importantly heartbroken but he managed to smile at us as Mr. Reynolds curled his hands around my waist pulling my chair closer. He had so much strength, oh my God I almost fell on him because of his not very smooth jerk.

"Oh my A-A ", I stammered, why wasn't I able to say his first name. I've had cursed him using his name earlier but never had I ever said his first name "Aaron ", I exhaled sighing. That was tough, very tough "My baby ", I continued brushing his hand with mine which was placed on my waist.

I'd never imagined myself saying cheesy words to anyone especially him. I felt cheesy was overrated, one of the reasons my past relations never worked out.

1: I was never into cheesy stuff like including puppy's names paired with innumerable I love you's after every sentence.

2:  I never permitted anyone to cross limits physically, excluding kisses.  I had 2 unsuccessful relations because of which I decided to have an arrange marriage as good partners were never my cup of tea in mere past.

Cody distanced himself from Mr. Reynolds that very moment "So tell me your cute story ", he didn't seem very much affected by it, in fact, he accepted us and smiled cutely. How sweet of a person Cody was.

"We met in my cabin "

"We met in the rain "

Oh no, we both spoke at once, he'll definitely catch us lying. How stupid could we get, oh no? "We actually met in my cabin because of the rain ", I sighed as Mr. Reynolds gave a fake twist to the story ", The moment I saw her in the rain, I asked her to come with me so that I could shelter her. She caught my eye the moment I saw her "

LIAR, when did you turn this generous? , In fact, you splashed the dirty puddle over me through your car wheels. I need air, I couldn't bear such a fake story.

"You don't seem very happy about meeting me baby ", he tightened his grip over me.

I faked a smile "Yes baby, so happy that we had such a romantic first meet ", I pinched him on his lap tightly as Cody eyed me.

"Ouch-- ", We both looked at him strangely  "Ow, so cute. ", he smirked. Certainly not the expression I expected from him.

"Awe baby! ", Mr. Reynolds gave me a quick peck on my cheek, the dragons in my stomach started to overreact again. No, I didn't think about butterflies as his touch did wonders on my skin just like Dragon's fire did in grandma's bedtime stories but Cody seemed convinced, was he taking a chance on me?

"Not in public sweetheart ", I rubbed his kiss from my cheek as I didn't want to be his rumored girlfriend. "We're not very loud about it", I focused my attention towards Cody. He redirected through his hand gestures towards the dance floor.

No, please. We don't have a good history in the dance field.

"Of course, can we ?", Mr. Reynolds pushed his hands towards me, I placed my hand on him as he guided me towards the floor.  When my eyes traveled across the floor Gina, Francis and Sonia looked at us perplexed. Their eyes twirled from our face to our hand, then to our face and the hand, then to the body paired with our interlocked hand again.

I pulled my hand away from him as I was completely baffled. I tucked my baby hair behind my ear as of embarrassment. We were yet very close to each other, our arms touched. Cody followed us to the floor, I took his hand in mine again. Okay, Cody was sweet but why did he have to stalk us.

And that very moment, a terrific idea stroke in my mind. Just like a thunderbolt, it raced in my head, a small smirk formed across my lips. I tightened my lower lip so as to prevent myself from smiling or smirking.

"Let me introduce you, people, to my friends", I crossed my hands over his arms. "Come on Cody ", I urged him to come along too.

We all took stepped towards them, the lights on the floor surfaced across our skins making us colorful. "This is Gina, Francis and -- "

"Miss Sonia, you belong to their group?", I was supposed to formally introduce them, he never went according to my script.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Boss ", Gina shook his hand with him, Francis followed Gina in his move. Sonia simply nodded to his question, she didn't look much confident in his presence. Okay, he was mean and rude but he didn't eat people.

"He's Cody, Mr. Reynold's associate--"

"Just a friend today ", he introduced himself with a  smile as he hugged them all in a friendly way. I tried to move towards Gina but then someone caught my eyes, my view was obstructed with blackness. Oh no, who is this person now? I have everyone around me who is connected with him.

"Miss me, Amanda ", Oh my God Dan, I side hugged him out of excitement. I rushed my gaze towards Sonia, she stood there blooming. 

"Didn't expect you here ", I questioned.

"This is my hotel, my father owns it ", he tilted his chin with pride, no he wasn't showing off.

"Oh My God ", I knew he was rich but I didn't know he was so rich,  simply wealthy. Sonia was as shocked as I was but if he was this rich then why did he have to work with Mr. Reynolds. He could've simply joined his father in his hotel business.

I was shocked when he told me that he was appointed as Mr. Reynolds's manager as he had no relevant qualifications and experience as compared. I had a thought that he succeeded in getting the job due to sympathy as he lends us a vehicle when we required it but no there was more to this story.

Mr. Reynolds never did anything without any purpose, he may have a plan for this move of his. Probably in the present or nearby future, he's going to rip of the fruits as soon as they ripe . He may have a plan for collaboration with his father or he may want to enter into the hotel sector. He was cunning, but why did he attract me so much. I was aware of his ruthless behavior towards me and the people around me. I didn't have answers, just questions.

"So--", I was cut by Dan's words, he kept a hand on my shoulder just like Francis did. I was sensing another friendly trouble already for the nearby future.

"Don't think so much Manda, my father told me to get experience in any sector and work under someone for a year so that I don't possess arrogance, he simply wanted me to live a life of an employee ", he trailed off but wait did he just call me Manda, how dare he.

Employee? Managers are next to bosses.

"Okay ", I sighed. "Why don't you take Sonia for a dance? She didn't have a partner so she'll be grateful if you ask her ", I winked at Sonia but first made sure that no one looked at me.

"May I, beautiful ?", he bent towards her just like a perfect Gentleman. I went towards Sonia and whispered in her ears ", Don't you dare dance with him like the way you danced with Francis ", she laughed blushing. She was glowing in happiness, I am definitely a good matchmaker.

"Just say yes to whatever I say ", I murmured in Gina's ears. She nodded agreeing to me.

"Francis?" I questioned.

"Yeah, love", he answered instinctively.

"Why don't you teach Cody some friendly moves, I saw them from the back . They were so-so ", I stammered "Terrific ", I continued. I could feel Francis raising his chest in confidence. "Weren't they mind-blasting Gina? "

"Yes, they were. Yes yes yes ", Gina didn't really act. She overreacted but it wasn't seen except for me.

"Find yourself a partner Gina, you don't want to miss Francis's expressions ", I winked.

"I don't get it ", she seemed puzzled.

"Cody's Gay "

"What the actual fuck, Oh My God ", Gina chortled.

I grabbed Mr. Reynolds's arms and pulled him towards the dance floor ."Cody's engaged with your friend. I don't think we should dance now", he stood still. He didn't walk any longer.

"Hey, I was savage for you when you needed me. Come on please, a dance. Please", I made the cutest puppy dog face ever.

"You're cheating your friend Miss Waters", he started advising me like an old man.

"It'll be no harm, come on now ", I walked faster than him so he had no choice but to cope up with my speed. I took charge and started hopping making my braids hop. I always lost control over myself whenever it came to dancing, it was either sober or like an animal. There was no in-between.

 Mr. Reynolds didn't dance at all. He just stood there obstructing my view, so I peeped towards the other side as I rested my chin on his left shoulder.  I didn't pay attention to his expressions as I was busy thinking about Francis.

I was convulsed with laughter when I took a view at him, Cody couple danced with him. Francis's back faced me as Cody moved his hands throughout his back, his body was stronger and muscular then Francis. He didn't move away, just moved with the rhythm.  Gina was far away looking at me, I pointed towards Francis and directed her as well.

I could sense the amusement on her face.  Mr. Reynolds caught me by my waist as a result of raking my chin away from him. His hold over me got tighter as he pushed me closer making our bodies touch. I was blown by his action as he looked in my eyes straight.

"I am glad I met you", I furrowed my brows in confusion "here, I meant here", he cleared his throat and auto-corrected his statement. He could've clearly said a thank you rather than telling things another way.

Did he mean something rather than a thank you?

I stumped off my thoughts at once "Shall we ?", I questioned as I placed my hands across his neck. The melody around felt like chocolate donuts to my ears, yeah it was that sweet. He at once held me through my waist as we danced.

I turned around as he twirled me, Sonia and Dan laughed as they did a pleasant dance with each other. They seem to enjoy each other's company. Good job cupid.

Today was fun, I didn't want it to stop. I was living it truly, with my friends whom I considered as family. Mr. Reynolds wasn't as rude as I expected him to be so that was a cherry on the cake. I rested my back on his chest as we continued the dance, he seductively sided the braid of mine which rested on my back as he pushed them frontwards again.

His touch? I wanted him to touch me, I never wanted his body away from mine. I knew this was trouble,  whatever I felt had to stop right away. I intended to take charge and control over my feelings and never be outspoken about it.

"I'll comfort myself at the bar ", he pulled away leaving me all alone. I never really understood him. One moment he was really sweet and the other moment he was a completely different person. I let the negative memories drift away and allowed the positive ones to soak in as I joined Gina.

*****************

Another update, tadaa. I really enjoyed writing it.

I hope you'll like it.

I'd like to clear out one thing, I don't offend or oppose Gay's. I totally respect them and so does Amanda.

Do hit the star on your screen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
61 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
9.4K 337 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...