If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 25 : The hotel mess

14.9K 718 70
By Aafrynn

Amanda's POV

By applying a pink lip gloss over the same colored matte lipstick I finished my look. Matte was in fashion undoubtedly but I liked it moist. I side braided my hairs leaving the baby hair out and wore a white knee-length one piece that had a huge belt connected to the waist. 

I wanted to attend the gathering simply wearing a tank top and pajamas but Gina would've frowned. She always taunted me for not getting ready like every bimbo did. I gathered my credit card, some money, and my lip gloss and settled them in my clutch before leaving. I  prior-informed mom so I left without giving notice.

I reached  Renaissance restaurant 30 minutes late from the time we decided upon. I'd already plan an excuse so I walked in stiffly looking around at the classy public, their scent and fashion sense denoted their richness. The restaurant looked expensive, very expensive. 

I just hoped that whatever amount of money I carried would suffice my share when payment of the bill .  I decided to call Gina so I typed her number as I remembered everyone's number who was close to me, I hit the call button and canceled it at once when I saw Gina and Francis already seated. 

"Not very late I guess ", I did start the flame myself.

"Yeah, just 35 minutes. Not very much, we've been simply waiting for our crowned queen to arrive. For once can you surprise us with time ?', Gina frowned. Uh-oh, I did make her mad, very mad.

"Haven't you heard about the term fashionably late ?" , I winked at Francis who sure was enjoying it, he expected me late so he wasn't really mad at me.

"Yeah, fashion implies wearing only lip glosses and choosing braids simply over hair straighteners and blow dryers. You're absolutely right Amanda ", she pouted looking at my sick fashion but I looked fine I guess, braids are fun.

"Now you're hitting at the soft spot. This is the best I could do in such a short time. Don't I look beautiful Francis ?", I interrogated looking at him.

"Beautiful enough to get kissed ", he winked. He always had to take things dirty but he lightened the atmosphere whenever tension rolled around. We all laughed in sync hitting Francis on his arms one after the other. 

"So what do we order ?", Francis looked over the tablet which was placed on the table, it was one of the classical restaurants which had an electronic ordering system. He looked carefully over each type of food the restaurant possessed. 

"I want Italian pasta dipped with cheese sauce ", I took possession of the tab 

"I guess I need Chicken lollipops with extra cheese ", Gina took over.

Francis pulled the tab from Gina's hand and ordered his delicacy by himself. He marked over the items and placed the order. Our orders differ but the cheese was in common. "Hi people, so excited to find you'll hear ", We heard a familiar voice, so we turned around to have a look. It was Samuel, Gina's guy.

He waved at us all grinning with his yellow teeth. How much effect it had on his good looks, I tried looking away from his teeth as it demanded attention. I looked at Francis who had the same expression as me. We silently laughed being aware of Gina's emotions towards this guy.

"How does he know, we're here. Stalker ", I took my seat closer to Francis so that Gina could be close to his guy. I made sure I whispered in Francis's ears. Gina did figure something from our expression, she knew we wanted it private among us three only.

Francis came close to me, his lips touching my ears "She doesn't hide anything from him. She's in love, we can't blame her. Let's just adjust ", he murmured in a soft voice and later cleared his throat.

"Did you even order something to drink ?", I cut off the  silence in the atmosphere ."I guess Gina, you should cut Francis's balls "

Gina laughed, her hands intertwined with Samuel. He looked handsome enough, I just wanted to brush his teeth every time. Like I know that there has to be a shade of yellow in everyone's teeth, it's natural but it was very yellow. Stop being so judgemental Amms.

Francis and I bounded, giving some space to the couple. They say that there's a wall in friendship whenever the third person arrives but that's the life you have to accept that and keep going, keep pushing harder for the people you love.

I suddenly felt a pat on my left arm, Sonia stood there with a sad face. I stood up at once leveling my height with hers, a tear flicked through her eye which traveled across her cheeks making way till the chin. "Hey, it's okay. What's wrong ?"

I pulled her into a hug, she sniffled so Francis handed her a tissue from the box. She took it at once and rubbed a nose with his after pulling over. Francis mouthed me a how-do-you-know-her- but I ignored him focusing on Sonia.

"I-I ", she stammered "I had a date, I met him on Facebook, we fixed an appointment. He just didn't show up ", she seemed low.

"Did you see his real picture and by real I mean unedited from picsart, retrica or the tiara filter of Snapchat ", she nodded which clearly meant a no. "How did you come for someone who you had no idea about ", I frowned at her childish behavior.

She cried more after sensing my angry face ."Oh, I'm sorry ", I covered up. "What's his name ?", I questioned.

"James Faulkner ", another cheater named James, James Faulkner is an Australian cricket player, he's definitely fake, damn but wait it was Francis who replied to my question. How did he even know the name of the guy Sonia talked with?

I arched my eyebrows towards him in curiosity. " I am your culprit ", he raised both his hands to surrender. My eyes widened in shock, anger, and amusement. How much free time he actually had? Sonia stopped crying at once as she started eyeing Francis and he did the same.

If I would be Sonia I would've punched his balls for faking out but she went and hugged him instead as he seductively smiled. "Welcome to the family, Sonia ", I faked a smile and welcomed her to our table. After moments,  I was left liking everyone's picture on my Instagram feed while Gina and Francis bonded well with their partners.

I felt alone, not that I wanted a relationship desperately but I craved one too. I believed in fortune, in destiny. I wanted my perfect man to show up when it was a perfect time, I didn't want it fast. I just wanted it to take things place when they were meant to be, though a bit slow and late.

Memories flashed in my mind, how Mr. Reynolds helped me with my shoes. His touch on my toes yet felt warm and comforting. Stop thinking about him, he's irrelevant.

I cornered my eyes and saw that Samuel looked around and placed a short peck on Gina's lips. Control, you're public. I looked around the other way and saw Sonia giggling over Francis's jokes. How about the Dan guy, you confessed about? To be honest, I felt like a third wheel.

"Hey - hey, I am here too ", I frowned and took everyone's attention.  I pouted like a baby and made sure I was in limelight. "I am leaving, I'll better watch Chuck and Blair romancing ", it wasn't inferiority complexion but the dinner wasn't going as I expected it to. Francis initiated a conversation but my mood was already off so I ignored him and focused over the cheese on my food.

I turned around towards Francis as he now attended me, Gina was yet attending  Samuel. She mouthed me a 'sorry' whenever we had eye contact, I know it wasn't her fault. Samuel was a bit pushy when it came to her, he'd want her to be engrossed only with him.

"Oh my God, what the actual fuck ", I looked closer towards the table which was 3 tables away from me, it was Mr. Reynolds. How on earth is he here too? I looked at his companions and realized that he was with the team I confronted in the meeting. He must have definitely obliged their presence by greeting them with dinner. 

He didn't look at me but continued speaking with his clients, he worked professionally even in personal spaces where people came to relive, burst their stress out. He was so dedicated to working, it scared me.

"He's here ", I shook Sonia's arm and redirected her vision towards Mr. Reynolds. She had an ''o' formed on her lips which clearly indicated shock.

"Show me, show me, show me the boss baby ", Francis sang out loud, I am glad Mr. Reynolds was tabling away.

"Why do you have to be  so annoying?", I pouted and turned his head towards My boss's direction. Gina who was busy with Samuel concluded her romantic talks and shifted her attention to us. "Show me how does he look now, last time he looked dope in the party ", she sounded excited.

Samuel clearly seemed jealous but being in a relationship doesn't really obstruct people from eyeing at hot people, I object if people believe in it.  Did I just call him hot? oh no, what's wrong with me.  "I don't find anything hot in him, Samuel take proper charge over your girl ", I clearly lied and instigated Samuel.

Gina pinched him on his arms and eyed at Mr. Reynolds, "How did you not fall for him, even after a sexy make out ?", Gina questioned, I warned her to stop as Sonia was present at the moment too and I didn't want her to know things as she wasn't a really close friend to me plus what will she think about me now.

She already had a shock plastered all over her face, I smiled shrugging. "That was just a spur of the moment, nothing really intriguing ", she didn't look much satisfied in fact I could sense the hunger in her eyes, hunger for gossip.

"I'll tell you everything but promise me it'll remain a secret ", I warned as she sat clenching her fists and resting her chin on it showing her excitement.

"I take the pledge , I won't speak about it to anyone ", so dramatic.

"I kissed him like ", I started to think to have a numerical count on my fingers.

When we were Mr. and Mrs. Steve

When I was  gazing stars with him

When we tried to fool the hooligans

When I gave him CPR

When he was in the ICU.

"4 times, I kissed him 4 times ", my cheeks started to feel warm, I was aware that I was blushing no matter how much I tried to hide it. I didn't give Sonia details of each kiss, I just said her everything in numerical format.b 4 was a big number, I felt shy and awkward.

She grinned continuously, Francis was silently copying her expression but I didn't laugh at this scenario, I just avoided him. "Was it just a kiss, I mean did things proceed ?", she wiggled her brows sounding curious as fuck.

"Not more than that I guess ", I lied but it was partly true too. "I hate you, Gina, get some control over your mouth .", I slapped her playfully on her head spoiling her hairstyle.

She quickly settled it without complaining "I love you too ", she winked at me and then at Samuel confusing me that who were the three magical words for.

"Let's not talk about my rude, arrogant and stupid boss now", I tried changing the topic.

"Please add 'hot' in your innumerable adjectives for describing him ", Gina was definitely distracted today, Sonia agreed with Gina. Oh my God were they a team now.

"I guess I should leave now ", Samuel stood up and waved all of us goodbye, I was so happy about the fact that he's leaving.  Everyone hugged him except for Sonia she shook hands with him considering the fact that she was new, I found her action relevant.

"He didn't even pay his share before leaving ", I frowned.

"I'll pay for him ", Gina objected.

"Shut up already, don't you understand the difference between taunt and joke ?", I didn't actually lie but covered my last sentence by labeling it as one.  I took the last sip of wine and side hugged Gina "I am sorry, I should be more friendly with him. Next time, I promise  ", I felt bitchy so I apologized.

"So Ladies and Gentlemen ", a man in his mid 30's suited in black stood in the middle, a beam of light circled him so that everyone focused towards him. " I'd like to invite you'll towards the dance floor, let's add sparks to this evening. I want every one of you to come dance with me ", he instructed the musician to play.

Francis stood at once, pulling me along with him "Go away Dumb ass ", I pushed him and took the seat at once. Sonia accompanied Francis, they seem to match each other's vibe. Not as life partners but maybe as weirdos, their behavior towards each other was very friendly, I really thought they were going to have lovey Dubey chemistry but I was wrong.

Dance brought memories, every time I thought about dance it was him who was the first person that popped in my mind. Damn, I was getting obsessed. "Let me pay first, we'll divide our shares later ", I paid the bill through my credit card. I was glad that it wasn't much as per my expectations.

I and Gina looked at Francis and Sonia "I guess you should join them ", I laughed.

"No way, he's literally dancing. No, he's not dancing, he's doing everything which is not connected to dancing. Look at your Sonia, she compliments her ", She laughed continuously.

"Seems like the man and the lady are the only ones in a crazy mood, Come on everyone. Join them " Francis went closer to the host and murmured something in his ears, suddenly the Beam light was focused towards our direction

"No way, Gina I am not leaving him once we get out ", I facepalmed. Gina's look was full of amusement. I turned around to look at Mr. Reynolds praying hard that he didn't notice me here but I was wrong, he looked towards us. Everyone did. I hate Francis, I'll go tell every girl in his account that he is gay as revenge.

Gina didn't want to create a scene so she joined them on the dance floor, many people followed her. It was basically me who kept seated, an old lady who was in her wheelchair and Mr. Reynolds with one of his mate, his companions joined the dance too.

The music got louder, I murmured to myself the lyrics in sync as an attempt to forget his presence. I cornered my eyes, without turning my head to have a look at him. The only person who accompanied him also joined everyone on the dance floor.

He caught me looking at him, why was he so smart. Oh no, what do I do now what if he considered me a stalker? I pushed my gaze towards my crazy bunch of people, I clapped at their weird dance. I removed my phone and took a quick video of them, just in case to blackmail them if they uploaded any ugly picture of me.

I didn't gather enough guts to check him out again, no matter how much I wanted to. He was smart enough to trap me plus I didn't want to create an expression of 'fangirl' in his eyes. He'll have another reason to be arrogant about it.

"So, Miss Waters --- ", I heard a sexy whisper in my ears. I turned around and interlocked my eyes with a pair of dark blue eyes.

*******

Note:

Hey there, one question for all my readers.

Which of the kisses stated above between Aaron and Amanda is your favorite ?

Click the star, it encourages me to write plus I'll have final exams from April so updates will be slow. I apologize already.

I already wrote an outline for my new book. It'll be interesting as hell, please give it a try when I publish it. Love you all. Stay beautiful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
5.1M 161K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
49 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...