Pokémon X - Hello, Kalos Regi...

By Guriburu

[Kalosshipping] If someone had told Serena that she would become the hero, as well as the champion, of Kalos... More

1 - The Neighbors
2 - More Friends
Battles
Pokemon Catching
Santalune Forest
Oops!
New Friend
Viola
Evolution
The Professor!
Lysandre
Another Day
Castle
Palace
Tag Team
Team Flare
Sweet Moment
Stronger
A Lot of Evolutions
Mega Ring
Smitten
Power Plant
Passionate
Not so Haunted
Master Ball
Freezing
Cold
Secret Door
The Ultimate Weapon!
Protecting Everyone!
Xerneas
Being Watched
I'm Your Problem Now
All 8 Gym Badges!
Elite Four and Parades
New Day
Kiloude City - Love is in the Air~!
This Guy is a Real... Looker
In the Back Alleys!
Detective Tourist Gang
An Unforgivable Crime [Part 1]
An Unforgivable Crime [Part 2]
A Fiery Woman and The Truth is Revealed!
Here's Looking At You, Kid!
Epilogue

Surprise Visitors

571 5 2
By Guriburu

..::..: :..::..

"Thank you for coming with me, Serena!"

"No problem! I had fun shopping with you, and it's not like I have anything else to do." The champion chuckled. It was true. Ever since Looker left, Serena had nothing better to do. Training wasn't exactly needed since she was pretty strong already, and could easily wipe out most trainers who show up to challenge her in the streets. Nowadays, Serena is mostly lazing around her house in Vaniville Town with her Pokémon. Grace had to kick her out everyday so she could go do SOMETHING. The champion was mostly waiting for Saturday to show up; which, luckily, was today. She gets to meet up with the love of her life.
They were going to their favorite place in Lumiose City. Café Soleil. This would be the best day ever.

The honey-blonde snapped out of her thoughts when they arrived to the Looker Bureau, it brought back a lot of memories. "I can take it from here." Emma smiled gratefully up to the person she regarded as a big sister and took the rest of the grocery bags and clothing. "Have a great day!"

"You too." Serena waved, watching the younger girl walk inside the building, before turning to walk back to the open streets. She wondered what her friends were up to, especially a certain someone from her old hometown in Jhoto. The teen would have to find a good time to fly to the Jhoto region and check out New Bark Town. 'I wonder if it has changed much.'

Serena happened to snap out of her thoughts after she bumped into someone and found herself on the ground. "I am so-" She looked up, meeting face-to-face with a Typhlosion. She squeaked in surprise. The Pokemon's expression was blank, neck aflame and eyes a piercing yet beautiful pair of rubies. Serena felt intimidated and laughed nervously. "G-Good boy. Um... I am so sorry for b-bumping into y-you!"

"Bakufu!" A voice scolded. "That is not how you greet someone!" Serena and the Typhlosion raised their heads to the voice behind him, she really couldn't see past the fire-type though. Bakufu obeyed and walked toward his trainer's side, receiving a pat on the head. "Sorry about him."

Our champion sweatdropped and pushed herself up, dusting off her red skirt. "No, it was clearly my fault." Her blue eyes moved up to see the trainer. A brunette with pigtails, with a puffy hat, and she was wearing overalls. Wait. A pigtailed brunette? "Eh?! Lyra?!" Serena rubbed her eyes before meeting rounded hazels.

"Serena?! Is that you?!" Lyra squeaked, a wide grin erupting on her face. "Don't answer that! It clearly is you!" She glomped the shocked blonde, almost causing her to meet the ground again. It was a sexy ground, it deserved all the booty in the world. Bakufu raised a brow at them. 'Uh?'

The two girls held hands and smiled. "I can't believe it. This has to be a dream or something!" Serena said only to wince when Lyra pinched her arm. "Hey!"

"Nope! Not a dream." She nodded her head.

"You are supposed to pinch yourself!" Serena exclaimed before pouting and rubbing her sore arm. Her friend laughed sheepishly. "S-Sorry."

"So, why are you here? Not that I don't want you here." The champion questioned.

"Oh! I came to visit you, but..." Lyra looked away. "It would have been wise to have called since I have no clue as to where you lived..."

The honey-blonde felt a pang in her heart. "I don't have your number though..." It was weird. You forget to exchange contact information with your best friend. To be fair, Serena didn't get to have a PokeGear like most teenagers in Jhoto. She took out her Holo Caster. "I have... this. It's pretty futuristic than what Jhoto has. I don't think it is compatible with your PokeGear though."

Lyra's eyes widened as she snatched up the device. "Cool!" She pressed something which caused a hologram logo of Lysandre Labs to appear, making her eyes grow in size even more. If it was possible. "Even more cool!" She grinned happily. Bakufu raised a paw to swipe at the hologram, causing it to disappear. Serena retrieved the device and hooked it back on her bag, not before checking the time.

"Hey, I have to go meet up with my boyfriend." She said casually, failing to notice the soft gasp coming from her friend. "You are definitely coming along. I need to introduce you to him." Serena looked at the brunette who wore a huge grin. "You have a boyfriend?! Arceus! That is so amazing! It would have been nice of you to have let me approve of him before you both got together, but oh well!" Lyra squealed and jumped around. She hugged Serena before dragging her in a random direction. "Let's go!" She pointed to the sky.

"Uh... do you even know where you're going?" Lyra's spirit deflated.

"No..." Bakufu snickered. The champion sighed and led the way to Café Soleil herself.

-

Calem sipped his tea calmly, even though he was impatient on the inside. What was taking her? He hoped she wasn't hurt. His fingers repeatedly tapped on the rounded table. Calem couldn't wait to see his beautiful Butterfree again. "Could ya stop?" An irritated voice harshly snapped the other boy out of his thoughts.

He stopped and gave his companion a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that."

"What is so special about this girl of yours anyway?"

Calem took on a dreamy look and sighed. "Everything, man. The way she acts, the way she battles. She's the best! Wait till you battle her." His companion rolled his gray eyes.

"She better get here fast. I came to battle the Kalos champion and I am going to make it quick."

The other boy frowned, putting down his cup. This dude was underestimating Serena. "Is that it?"

"It's pretty much been my goal since my rival became champion. If I can just beat other champions, I would be able to handle her too. I plan to leave after I'm done here. My next destination is Unova."

The ravenhead slowly nodded, thinking this boy was a little strange. He bumped into him yesterday, him being lost and extremely uncomfortable with the crowded streets, so he helped him. They talked a bit and battled, Calem having lost. He couldn't help but wonder if this boy could actually beat Serena. Calem ran into him again not too long ago and offered to treat him to some coffee, or whatever else he wanted. He was surprised to find out that the other boy wished to battle the champion and the boy was very shocked to find out that the champion would be showing up soon, and that she was Calem's girlfriend. "Don't you want to stick around and explore Kalos some more, and have fun too? You need to see Kiloude City." He took another sip of his tea, looking around to see if the girl was anywhere close.

"No thanks. I don't do fun."

Calem pouted at that, disappointed, before remembering something. "Hey, I didn't get your name..."

-

Serena and Lyra giggled as they conversed about different topics. Bakufu had already grown fond of the blonde trainer. She let out Braise to chat with his fellow fire-type, and they seemed to get along. "You've probably kept Calem waiting way longer than you should have. How about we run the rest of the way?" Lyra suggested, not wishing for her best friend to have some sort of argument about lateness with her boyfriend.

Serena nodded at that, having been distracted with catching up with the brunette. "You're totally right! Let's race!" She playfully smirked.

"You are so on!" After that was said, Serena quickly took off. "H-Hey! Cheater!" Lyra whined and pursued the other girl.

Blue eyes spotted the familiar date spot and she took an abrupt stop by Calem's table. "Ca-" She panted and smiled brightly at him but Serena was cut off as something collided with her, sending her to the ground again. Calem winced, shooting a glare at his laughing companion. Lyra groaned and sat up, looking around for her friend before noticing that she had been sitting on the other girl's back. "Oh my Arceus! Are you alright?!" She clumsily got on to her feet and helped the champion up, along with the boyfriend providing assistance.

"Serena?" He softly called out to her as he held her shoulders. Said girl shook her head and snickered at him. "I'm fine, I'm fine!" Calem sighed, bringing her in for a tight hug. "Ouch! I am sore though!" She complained and was immediately released, seeing her boyfriend's sheepish expression.

"S-Sorry!"

Lyra observed their interactions curiously. Calem didn't even look upset that Serena was late, it was as if he didn't care at all. Like, he would wait till the end of time for her. 'That is so cheesy, but I love cheesy!' She gushed, holding in a squeak. "Oh, hey, I hope you don't mind me bringing my best friend here. I told you about her once, right?"

"You have." The ravenhead exchanged a friendly smile with the other champion. "Nice to meet you, I'm Calem. I actually invited someone as well." He pointed his thumb in the other trainer's direction. "That bored soul over there is-"

"Silver?!" Lyra's sudden exclamation caused everyone to jolt, even bystanders. The redhead blinked and just stared at her as if she was a ghost or something. Lyra giggled and ran around the table to hug the daylights out of him. Silver's face now matched his hair color, which Calem still thought was dyed, but he didn't struggle. The couple exchanged a knowing smirk at this. It was obvious Silver had some sort of feelings for the other champion. The redhead noticed their look before commencing the struggle to get Lyra to let go of him.

"You're embarrassing me, idiot!" He hissed and stood up, lightly pushing her back. She ignored the insulting word since she knew he never meant any of the hurtful things he says to her. Plus he was still blushing so he looked about as threatening as a Togepi. Silver huffed then noticed a hand outstretched to him. He looked up to see Serena smiling warmly at him, in that moment he actually understood the other reason on why Calem loved her. She was indeed beautiful but he didn't understand how she was powerful. The boy wasn't trying to be sexist though. "Hello, Silver. I'm Serena." He shook her hand quickly before taking it back.

"The champion. I guess it's nice to meet you." Silver crossed his arms watching Serena's confused face.

"Uh, yeah. I don't really like to bring up being champion, it brings unnecessary attention." She giggled and scratched the back of her head.

They all took their seats, the girls ordering something once a waitress arrived to their table. "I don't see why you don't want people knowing. If I was champion, I would make it known." The three blinked at him.

"Silv," Lyra began, not noticing him twitch at the nickname, "if you let people know, they'll start to bug you on days when you are trying to relax and enjoy some alone time. The attention is nice but you know how people act around celebrities." She explained softly, Serena nodded in agreement. She remembered the time when someone tried to take a picture of her sleeping. THROUGH HER WINDOW. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Kitsuné spotted them and gave them quite the fright. Silver gazed into the brunette's sparkling hazel pools before quickly looking away, hoping they hadn't noticed how long he had been staring. He admitted to himself that Lyra was correct but he would not dare to admit it out loud.

"And here is your cheesecake, girls." The waitress came back with a kind old lady smile, patting Serena on the back after placing the plates down in front of each girl. "This one is on the house for you and your friends, that's what the manager said." She winked.

Serena frowned. "Oh, but I can't let you guys do that."

"It's all fine, deary!" She smiled again before disappearing into the café. Serena pouted, still not feeling good about it. Lyra just shrugged it off and dug in. Silver scrunched up his nose as he watched his rival eat with lack of manners. "Anyway..." He looked at Serena. "You will need to make up for your tardiness by battling me." He simply told her, which sounded like an order. The blonde blinked at him, glancing at Calem, before nodding her head.

"Err... alright. Let me just finish up with my cake and we'll be at it." She smiled at him and went on to eat the cheesecake.

Bakufu and Braise panted as they finally showed up, hunched over and out of breath. One moment they were conversing then the next they turn around to notice that their trainers disappeared. Lyra looked over at them with a full mouth. "Oh, there you two are. What took you?" She asked after swallowing. The two Pokémon fell over since their legs couldn't hold them up anymore. Serena regarded them with pity and took out Braise's Pokeball to retrieve him. He was very much grateful. Lyra finished up her cake and went on to do the same.

Calem laughed shortly and set his cup down. His eyes locked with Serena's once she looked up at him. It was almost like they were speaking to each other through their minds, and it felt like they were the only two in the world. He absentmindedly glanced to the side before shaking his head and fully staring at something. "Hm? Calem?" The champion blinked at him in confusion.

He furrowed his brows. "Is that Professor Sycamore? And who is that he's walking with?" Serena quickly followed his gaze. Silver and Lyra exchanged a glance and looked at whoever they were talking about. Indeed, it was their professor. The man was discussing something with a brunette, who wore a white shirt and green pencil skirt. Sycamore was not wearing his lab coat so Serena and Calem assumed he was taking a break at the moment. "Woah..." Serena stood up with her eyes wide. "She's beautiful! Could they possibly be... on a date?"

"You should not just assume things!" Lyra exclaimed as she jumped up from her seat. She brought her hands up to her cheeks and sighed dreamily. "But they would make a great couple~! Let's hope your professor doesn't already have a girlfriend."

Silver stood up like the others had. "Or that the woman doesn't already have someone." He did not know why he was joining in on this guessing game. Boredom gets to you.

Calem crossed his arms as he thought about this. "I don't think Prof. Sycamore is seeing anyone, or that he is married. I never saw any pictures of a lover on his desk."

"Haven't seen a ring either." Serena tapped her finger to her chin. Curiosity was getting to her. Real bad. She quickly pushed in her chair. "Let's go see!" She exclaimed, much to their shock. Her boyfriend sweatdropped.

"Why?" He raised a brow. "If you are suggesting we spy on them, then no way." He told her, about to explain why it was not a good idea, but the champion silenced him with a pout. "It's just... you see... O-Oh, fine!" Serena perked up and took his hand in hers to drag him toward the direction the professor and his lady friend went off to. Calem could sense the disappointment Silver had toward him. He looked behind him to find Lyra dragging the redhead too, him blushing at the hand holding.

"I just wanna battle..." He mumbled sadly.

.. : ..

Serena poked her head from the side of a building, Lyra joining in beside her. "Hey, is that a festival?" The girl questioned her friend as she took in the booths, decorations, and smell of pastries in the air. The boys behind them refused to be apart of this, but they leaned over to see once they caught the smell of the mouthwatering pastries.

"Looks like it... I never heard anything about this." Serena scrunched up her nose as she watched people and Pokémon have fun on the street. Cotton candy, Pokémon-themed ice cream, etc. "We need to get in on that!" She declared but Lyra placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her. She pointed at the two people they were looking for. Sycamore's composure appeared relaxed and comfortable with the lady beside him as they walked and talked. They shared a laugh at times.

"You know..." Calem spoke up as he observed the couple. "They could just be friends..."

"Or research partners." Silver added with a shrug. "Can we battle no-" He noticed that Serena and Lyra weren't there anymore. "H-Hey!" The redhead looked at Calem, who pointed a thumb at the festival.

-

Serena made her way across the street, skillfully moving past people - Lyra was having trouble though. "Excuse me! Oops! S-Sorry!" She laughed sheepishly as she clumsily moved around, trying to keep up with her friend. By now, Sycamore and his companion were seated outside a Pokémon Center. Serena stepped out of the crowd and looked behind her as she patiently waited for the brunette to do the same. Lyra huffed as she stood beside her. "I think someone stepped on my foot, and maybe elbowed me in the side..." She whimpered.

"Seri!" The girls looked over to see Calem and Silver speed-walking over. "You are so determined..." Though it did not bother him.

"You know it." Serena winked, earning a playful eye-roll and a gag from you-know-who.

"How did you two manage to get through the crowd?" Lyra questioned, crossing her arms.

Calem pointed behind him. "You could have gone around." Serena giggled before walking over to the professor.

"Professor Sycamore!" She grinned and waved her hand. The man smiled at the sight of the two familiar faces.

"Calem and Serena, it's been a while. How have you both been?"

"Honestly, bored." The blonde sighed to herself. Calem moved to stand beside her.

"Most of my time is spent on training." He answered. "What about you?"

Sycamore nodded. "There have been Mega Stones popping up in the Unova region." He motioned to the other adult, who had been sitting quietly and listening. "This is Aurea Juniper, a friend of mine from Unova. She is also a professor." The woman perked up at the mention of her name and flashed a friendly smile to the teenagers.

"I came here to discuss with him about the Mega Stones, but he seems to think we both need a break today." She sighed looking over at Sycamore with an unamused expression. He grinned in a cute way.

Serena placed an arm around Lyra. "Nice to meet you, Professor Juniper. I'm Serena, and this is my best friend Lyra." They both smiled.

"Calem." The ravenhead waved his hand. Seeing as Silver was uninterested with the introductions, he did it for him. "And his name is Silver. He's shy." He told the woman with a not-so quiet tone, feeling a glare against the back of his head. "We were actually on a double date but Serena just had to come over and see you both."

"D-Double date?!" Lyra questioned with a huge blush on her cheeks. Silver's face matched hers and his eye was twitching with irritation. The girl's outburst went unnoticed.

"Sooooo..." Serena pursed her lip, tapping her fingers against her thighs and glancing around. "Any other reason for you lovely adults being on this, uh, get-together?" She discreetly leaned over and looked from one person to the other.

The professors raised a brow at her. "Not that we know of." Sycamore answered.

Silver groaned, his impatience reaching its limit. "Ok, they are clearly not on a date! Can we please go now so I can destroy you in a battle?!" It was silent despite the chatter going on around them.

"You thought we were on a date?" Juniper eventually spoke up. There was a slight pink tint to her cheeks from embarrassment. Augustine was sweet and all but she wasn't looking for a relationship like that at this time. The other professor was sort of having the same thoughts, except that he is looking. "W-Well, we're not." He held up his hands and laughed nervously. "But thank you, Serena, for thinking that I am capable of dating!"

The blonde gave a thumbs up. "No problem!" Lyra rolled her eyes at that and grabbed her by the arm, tugging lightly.

"Look, I don't think Silver can hold in his annoyance for very long. He might start crying."

"Hey!" The boy hissed. Serena blinked as she remembered.

"Oh, right! Sorry about that, Silv!" She saw him twitch at the nickname again. "And sorry for making things awkward between you and your lady friend." She told Sycamore and Juniper - they both just sighed.

Calem slowly shook his head but he had a smile of amusement on his face. He did not really mind that the date had to end like that. There is a next time. "I know a good spot where we won't be attracting attention, and it has plenty of room." He informed them before leading them toward Route 14.

- ( Brace yourselves for a dull battle, in my opinion :| ) -

The Laverre Nature Trail was empty of people and Pokémon. The swings on the playground seemed to sway from the wind; but there was no wind. This unnerved Lyra as she fearfully scanned the forest ahead. Every time a rustle was heard, she jumped. "Relax." Calem tried not to laugh at her. He led her toward the swings and sat down, the girl following along - still glancing around. "Ghost Pokémon reside in the forest. You aren't afraid of them, are you?"

"Well, ghost Pokémon are a different story. I find real ghosts scarier," Lyra answered as she craned her head to peek inside the forest, "and I doubt there are only Pokémon spirits in there."

"You should get Serena to tell you the story of when she went inside the "haunted" house with our other friends. It will make you laugh till you're clutching your sides!" Calem snickered but stopped when he saw Serena shoot him a sharp look, that memory still made her angry. He flashed an innocent smile, trying not to laugh at her eye-roll.

Silver and Serena took their respective spots across from each other on the "battle field". There was enough room for a good battle - though it would be best to be careful and to try not to damage any property.

"Lykos!"
"Alakazam!"

They drew out their first Pokémon. Lykos smiled over at his trainer as it had been a long time since he battled for her. "I hope you aren't rusty, buddy. This battle will be a good one," She met Silver's eyes with a smirk, "I hope." That made him narrow his eyes.

The battle commenced with Alakazam showing that he was faster, a Focus Blast growing between his hands. Lykos was a few seconds late with forming his Aura Sphere so the other move nearly hit him - but the collision knocked him off his feet. The Lucario clumsily caught himself, landing on his feet, before running at his opponent with his arm glowing orange. He jabbed Alakazam with Rock Smash but the Pokémon dodged. He repeatedly attacked at Serena's order. Unfortunately, each jab missed.

Serena furrowed her brows in thought as she fingered the Mega Ring around her wrist. Calem noticed her movement, seeing her change her mind and go back to ordering around her Pokémon. 'She must have remembered that Silver couldn't Mega Evolve his team. It wouldn't be fair after all.'

Lykos' eyes widened as Alakazam Reflected one of the Rock Smash jabs and he jumped back, glancing at his aching hand before shaking it and looking back up at him. The psychic-type raised his hands, eyes glowing blue, and Lykos found himself lifted in the air. The anxious moment didn't last long as he was repeatedly slammed to the ground. Serena winced at each hit and commanded her Pokémon to try to free himself, but he couldn't. Alakazam let up, finally releasing him. Lykos groaned in pain as he stood up, shaking the ache away. He brought his hands together and - seconds later - Alakazam was struck with a quick Dragon Pulse. Silver clenched his teeth as he watched his Pokémon meet a fence by the playground.

Lyra and Calem flinched and leaned their body away, despite being a safe distance away. "Serena!" She complained, noticing her best friend smile in a guilty manner.

"S-Sorry about that! It wasn't my intention!"

Alakazam recovered from the hit and fired another Focus Blast at the Lucario, who sensed Serena's worry and jumped away. "Close Combat!" Lykos' ear twitched once before his eyes turned red and he suddenly appeared right in front of Alakazam and delivered a series of punches and kicks at such a fast pace that you almost could not see it. Silver's eyes widened at the end, finding his Pokémon fall to the ground and struggling to get back up. Before he could order it to get up, he remembered that he shouldn't be so harsh. He quietly watched Alakazam faint and returned him back to his Pokeball.

Serena called Lykos over. "You should rest."

'No way! I've been waiting for a day like this!' He stubbornly denied and his trainer knew not to argue. She sighed, healing his injuries with a Max Potion then sent him off.

Silver sent out his Gengar. The ghost Pokémon snickered to himself as he readied for the battle. He blasted a Dark Pulse at Lykos. The attack narrowly missed but it had grazed his foot and he had a noticeable limp now. Serena held her breath at the sight as she kept a close eye to make sure he was quick enough to dodge some more. He evaded a couple of Shadow Balls until a sudden Dark Pulse ended the battle.

"You did excellent. Please rest up." The honey-blonde offered him a reassuring smile as she returned the Lucario. She opened her bag to place the Pokeball inside and to see who she should send out next. Silver had an advantage on her, as she did not have the team she beat the Elite Four with. Of course, she had nothing against her current team. 'Looks like it's obvious who will be winning this battle...' Serena smiled to herself before throwing a ball in the air. Kitsuné opened her eyes, observing her surroundings. She noticed Gengar's grin and suddenly started fuming. Serena guessed that the ghost Pokémon was taunting her.

The Zoroark had the upper hand as she took off in a sprint and slashed him with Shadow Claw. The attack was super effective but, luckily, Gengar hung in there, which Silver was grateful for. While Kitsuné was close, Gengar released a Sludge Bomb on her. She stepped back with a disgusted look on her face and suddenly felt sick, her face taking on a purple tint. Serena ordered the Zoroark to use Night Slash while she dug into her bag for an Antidote, or something for similar use.

"D-Did I forget to buy some?!" She panicked and sighed at herself for being so unprepared. Her Pokémon would have to hang in there.

Gengar dodged each Night Slash but the last one got him and he was down after that, having held on at just 10 health points. Silver was growing anxious since two of his Pokémon fainted and he only managed to take down Serena's Lucario. He observed her Zoroark before picking out Sneasel's Pokeball and sending him out. Both dark-types, one being duel typed, smirked at each other, asking the other to give it their best shot. An Icy Wind met Kitsuné face and she shook her head, a shiver crawling down her spine. Some ice clung to her cheeks but that did not bother her as she released a Night Daze, the pink and crimson wave spreading out and damaging Sneasel.

Serena suddenly realized that it might not have been a good idea and quickly took cover behind a bench, Silver doing the same with a bench behind him. Lyra and Calem were confused for a moment until they noticed the attack coming their way and hurriedly hid behind a tree. Afterwards, Kitsuné and Sneasel - who had just gotten up and seemed alright - looked around to see the trainers hiding. "Serena!" Calem hesitantly came out of hiding to glare in her direction. "I'm starting to think that you are actually trying to kill us!" Lyra nodded her head in agreement as she placed her hands on her hips. "I mean, is this your way of trying to break up with me?"

"What?! No!" The blonde stood up to wave her hands frantically. "I got caught up in the moment! Uh, just in case, stay in hiding over there." She offered a sheepish grin before turning back to the battle.

Silver groaned as he returned to his original position. "Don't do that..."

"S-Sorry."

Eventually, both of their Pokémon fainted - one from poisoning. Serena made a mental note to avoid using Night Daze and went with Night Slash instead. Silver mostly used Icy Wind and Metal Claw, as any other move wouldn't work on the other dark-type. Crobat was defeated by Hikari with a simple Thunder Shock and Quick Attack, but she had lost to Magneton. Braise easily proved to be stronger than Magneton as he had a type advantage.

Braise, drenched from head to toe, fell to his knees before meeting the ground with a grunt. He tiredly stared at Feraligatr until his eyes closed. He had lost. To be fair, Silver had the type advantage this time. Serena returned the Delphox and mumbled some words of praise to him before switching out the Pokeball. The two trainers were down to their last Pokémon.

"Ok, Serenity. Show them what you've got." The Gardevoir swayed her gown as she was sent out. She observed her opponent quietly.

After hearing the order, she shot leaves of varying colors at the water-type. He quickly popped a berry in his mouth before dodging the fast attack. Serenity used Magical Leaf again and this time it hit its mark, but it seemed to do only a little damage despite being super effective. Serena frowned at that, wondering how it was possible - though she noticed Silver smirking. Feraligatr launched himself at his opponent and clamped his jaws around her waist, earning a yelp of pain and shock. She struggled in the strong grip before being roughly thrown to the ground. Her trainer quickly ordered her to move out of the way as the Feraligatr raised his foot to stomp her, which she obeyed. Moon Blast hit its target, knocking him back. Serenity dodged the oncoming Slashes and would attack with Magical Leaf again, which did a good amount of damage like you would expect.

Lyra was hesitant to return to her previous seat on one of the swings, as she did not appreciate being hurt in a rebound attack. Her feet were killing her though and sitting on the ground wasn't her favorite option.

"You're taking that risk?" Calem's eyes shined with amusement as he stayed put. The brunette shrugged as she plopped down, using her legs to swing her forward and back.

"Eh, might as well." She focused back on the battle with wide eyes. "Those two are so strong. I want to battle Serena too. Not at the moment. Before I leave Kalos."

The ravenhead nodded in understanding as he, too, watched. "What's with Silver? I have never met someone like him."

"Nothing is with him." He noticed her frown at that, seeming offended by his choice of words, so he apologized. "Oh, it's fine. You see, there was an evil organization in Jhoto, that was originally from the Kanto region." Lyra explained. "Silver is their leader's son, so..." Calem's mouth formed an 'o' as he understood what she meant.

"Yeah... and did you handle them?"

"You bet!" She straightened with a smirk. "Team Rocket were a bunch of idiots."

"Oh, we all have our fair share of idiots." He laughed. "You should have seen Team Flare. I bet Team Rocket dressed better than them!" The two ignored the battle going on in front of them as they conversed. It was mainly about their own Pokémon and achievements until Calem brought of up relationship status. "You and Silver have a weird thing going on."

"What do you mean? We're friends."

"Ah, but there is something else there~" The boy tapped a finger to his chin, he could practically feel the growing heat on Lyra's face from all the way here. He ignored the fact that he was being a Shauna at the moment. "Honestly though, Silver acts like he doesn't want you anywhere near him."

She slowly nodded at that, not even worried. "That is how he is. He pushes people away and they don't bother coming back, but I make sure he knows that I will always come back." Her eyes held so much determination and affection. She reminded Calem of Serena.

"Serenity!" They jumped at Serena's call and snapped their heads toward the direction of the battlefield. Calem was surprised but had, somehow, expected that Silver would win. He couldn't help feeling relieved that Serena lost since he had lost too, having been on par with his girlfriend. Losing to Silver did not make him feel weak anymore. Said boy was thanking his Pokémon before returning it. Serena did the same, desperately trying to show that she wasn't upset. Ever since she became Champion, no one could beat her - except for Calem, which she was fine with. Losing to this one boy from a different region... it upset her... BUT it filled her with what she had longed for. Someone, aside from Calem, that could actually beat her! "Seri?" Her boyfriend's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She flashed a grin and hugged him.

"That was the thrill I needed!" She yelped as he picked her up and spun her around. "H-Hey!"

Silver scrunched up his nose as he watched the laughing couple, but a sort of envy and longing bubbled up in him. "Aye, Silver!" He froze up as his short rival hugged him from behind. "You really impressed me. This makes me want to battle you again." The redhead pried her off of him and turned to face her, seeing that mischievous grin that earned a weak glare from him.

"W-Whatever, idiot." He glanced toward the couple to find them staring at the two with those looks again. "Quit gawking!" He snapped and they quickly looked away while whistling, but their eyes still sparkled knowingly.

.. : ..

It was an early morning in Lumiose City - the sun barely up. As you would expect, the streets were lively. The city never sleeps, as they say. Most people were rushing to get to work.

Silver kept a blank face as he walked down the sidewalk, Crobat's Pokeball clutched in his hand. He had defeated Kalos' champion yesterday. He didn't care if it hadn't been a formal battle, as becoming champion does not interest him. Silver saw no reason to stay in Kalos now, but his heart said otherwise. Lyra was staying for a week to visit Serena. He would never admit, the redhead secretly wished to hang out with her. Calem and Serena weren't that bad, despite their lovey-dovey moments that just made him want to puke.

"Silver!" Lyra called, almost bumping into someone, as she ran after him. Silver furrowed his brows as he stopped walking to turn around. His heart did that thing that always made him want to punch himself in the face. His rival caught up to him, panting. She asked about him at Hotel Richissime and the man at the counter told her that the redheaded boy checked out minutes ago. Lyra heard from Calem that Silver was only staying in Kalos until he beat Serena. He did just that, now he was leaving. It broke her heart.

She not-so-secretly wanted to do something together. Really, anything would do. She wanted to be by his side, like when they battled Lance and Claire together; it had made her happy to find him yesterday. Lyra snapped back to reality as she straightened up to smile at him. "You can't just leave. There are so many things to do and see here."

"And I don't care about those things." Silver replied. It just irked her to see that expressionless face of his. He did that when he was hiding something. He moved to turn around but Lyra made a bold move and grabbed his hand, making him snap his head toward her. His grey eyes were wide as he glanced from her and their hands. It confused her when he did not move away. It has always confused her. He used to hate when she was near him or was touching him.

"Please! I'm not afraid to beg." She stared into his eyes with determination. "I would like... no, I would LOVE for you to stay here and have fun with us." She practically pleaded and Silver looked away from her sparkling hazel eyes.

"I..."

"Don't look away." The brunette brought her hand up to his face and forced him to face her again, but she was unnecessarily close to him. "You do know that you have all the time in the world to train? To battle other champions. There is nothing wrong with settling down and having some actual fun once in a while." Silver needed to get away from this dangerous situation. It took all his might not to blush. Despite this, he was actually enjoying how bold she was. It was surprisingly a turn-on for him ( Giggity... sorrynotsorry! ). "Silver?" Lyra raised a brow as she saw that he was frozen. "Uh... Silver?" She released her hold on his hand to poke his cheek; that snapped him out of it and he caught her hand before she could do it again. Unexpectedly - on both sides - he quickly pecked her. Whether it was intentional or accidental, even Silver didn't know himself, it just happened. He stepped away from her, face aflame as he covered his mouth. Lyra was the same, her eyes wider than two moons.

"I am so s-sorry!" His voice cracked in his embarrassment. "I- I don't know what came over me!" His body wouldn't listen to him. He wanted to run away. To never see his rival again, despite his heart aching at the idea.

"W-Woah... I... Silver," she called his attention, "you have a crush on me!" The boy immediately grew defensive.

"What?! N-No! Don't be stupid!"

"H-Hey, no need to be mean! Maybe I wasn't done talking!" Lyra pouted as she punched his chest in a weak manner. At his confused face, she continued. "You can just admit it. This isn't the first time someone assumed, or questioned you on this, is it?"

Silver blinked stupidly. "Well... no."

"So, is it true?" She poked her fingers together, suddenly feeling shy. This did not go unnoticed.

"Would you be..." He glanced away, "disgusted by it?"

Lyra lightly frowned as she met his eyes again. "Not at all. There is nothing disgusting about it." Her answer surprised him and put him at ease. "Maybe... I feel the same." She offered an awkward and nervous smile now.

"Oh..."

It went quiet after that. Lyra's eye twitched, then she exploded. "THAT IS ALL YOU'RE GOING TO SAY?!" Silver and the bystanders flinched in surprise at her outburst. They assumed the two were an arguing couple and quickly continued along as to not get involved. The boy glanced around and waved his hands down in a calming gesture.

"Ok, ok. Sorry." His rival crossed her arms, tapping her foot impatiently, while waiting for him to say something else - something she actually wanted to hear. Although, she did not wait for long. Silver noticed her dejected look.

"I see how it is. You don't like me. You are just saying that because, somehow, you found out that I did and you want to use that to hurt me. Well, good job, you did it." Silver panicked. That sad glint in her eyes made him feel terrible. That look did NOT belong on her cute face. She turned away to leave, mostly to cry to Serena – who she had no clue was hiding somewhere and spying on them. Actually, sitting at a café nearby with binoculars and a different hat; which she thinks makes her look unrecognizable. Calem was also there, a red cap on his head along with a big pair of sunglasses. He was asleep, as Serena woke him up just to spy on her best friend, but the girl hadn't seemed to notice.

"Damn it, Silver!" She hissed under her breath. "Kiss her again or something!"
( I swear Serena is Blue in disguise :,D )

Though, she was happy with what happened next. The redhead closed the distance between him and Lyra to hug her from behind, earning a surprised gasp from her. "Silv-" "Look, I know I'm a screw up. I can deal with that, but I can not deal with screwing up what we have." He muttered, squeezing her a little tightly - which she wanted to complain about. "I do have feelings for you. Stupid me doesn't understand, I suppose. I just feel that you deserve someone else..."

"W-Well, I don't want someone else!" She pulled his arms off so she could turn around, still holding his arms. "Unless that someone is named Silver, has red hair, and is a tsundere." Silver raised a brow at that.

"I mean, there must be someone else out there in the world that could be all three of those things."

"But there is only one Silver for me, and I'm lookin' at him~!" Lyra winked.

Serena's jaw dropped. 'Oh, she's gooood! I probably could have gotten together with Calem much earlier if she had been here to coach me on flirting!'

The brunette's rival stared at her with wide eyes, completely speechless, before a smile slowly grew on his features. Lyra nearly fainted. 'Oh my Arceus, he's smiling!' She returned the smile and hugged him.

"Caaaalem!" The blonde could have killed her boyfriend with how much force she was using to shake him. He jolted awake and looked around.

"What happened?! Where are we?!"

She glared at him then. "Did you fall asleep?!"

"I'm sorry, dearest, but you know how much I love to sleep..." Calem yawned, taking off his sunglasses, before looking up. "Oh, hey guys." Serena blinked and turned around to see Lyra and Silver glaring down at her.

"Y-Yeah, hey there!" She laughed nervously while pushing her chair closer to Calem so the other couple could grab a seat and join them. "I couldn't help but overhear that Silver might be staying." The champion tried to act innocent.

Lyra rolled her eyes. "He will." Before looking to the redhead. "Right?" Silver stared at her for a moment until he flashed a small smile.

"Right."

..::..: :..::..

This is basically it. I don't know how to end this.

The end, y'all.

Well... there's an epilogue after this, so...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 426 33
The thought of moving from one region to another was bizarre for Emilia Grey. Her mother thought it would be a good way for her to start fresh and aw...
317K 6.5K 139
Ash Ketchum. A young and inspiring trainer who just became Alolan Champion and is now on his way back home. When Ash gets home, he finds out he's go...
59K 1K 28
1: Bonds of Amour The Kalos Region, also known as The Region of Love. One day, Ash was finishing his adventure through Unova, and the next, he finds...
1.8K 43 4
Sorell is an 18-year-old teenager from pallet town about to start his own Pokémon adventure in the Kanto region, with a little twist. He was walking...