The Silent Alpha (Re-publishi...

By NonnieBonnie97

Victoria has always had a hard time in life, and being the only Deaf girl in her town is no walk in the park... More

The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 1
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 2
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 3
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon: Chapter 4
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 5
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 6
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 7
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 8
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 9
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 10
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 11
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 13
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 14
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 15
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 16
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 17
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 18
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon: Chapter 19
The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 20 (Finale)
The Silent Alpha - The Awakening: Prologue
The Silent Alpha: The Awakening - Chapter 1

The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 12

4.5K 155 13
By NonnieBonnie97

The Silent Alpha
Chapter 12
© Copyright All Rights Reserved

(Niklaus's POV)

The movie wasn't as bad I thought that it was going to be. It was actually really heartfelt. I tapped Tori on her shoulder, she looked up at me. "Where did you find this movie from?" I signed slowly since I only knew the signs for "where" "find" and "movie," She smiled. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. She was the most beautiful person I have ever seen. It amazes me that she is my mate and that she doesn't hate me anymore. I smiled back at her, maybe things were finally going to go back to how they should be.

"It was in your movie case," She signed slowly so that I could understand, she pointed to the movie case. It made me happy that I was learning ASL to communicate to her. It almost reminded me that time when her bitch of a sister told me that I would reject her because of her deafness. If only I could laugh in her face now. "I haven't seen it in years."She signed, I nodded. I was getting really good at this.

I heard a knock at the door, who the hell was at the door at... 10:35 pm? "Enter," I said, and the door came wide open. And on the other side of the threshold was Michael, that newborn Werewolf that wanted my mate. I growled lowly as he stepped into the room with his eyes on Tori. What made me growl even louder, out of anger, was the fact that she sat up from her spot next to me. Her face flushed red as she looked away from where I was. I looked at the boy that came into the room and disturbed my time with her. "What do you want?" I nearly shouted.

"I wanted to talk to Victoria for a quick second," He said quietly. "There's something that has come up."

"And what is that?"

"I'm not sure if she would want you to know that,"

I felt rage pulse through me, "I'm the Alpha! Not you, you don't get to decide what is or isn't good for her!" Before I realized it, I was standing a few inches away from him. I had to slightly look down to make eye contact with him. If he wanted to challenge me, I wanted him see every disadvantage that he had. I was bigger, stronger and a lot older and wiser than he was. So, the chances of him winning a fight with me, was slim to none.

If it wasn't for the shock that I felt going through my shoulder, I probably would've lunged at this boy already. I glanced at her, "Please," I felt myself calm down slightly. "It's alright." I looked away and sat back on the bed with her. I wanted to watch their conversation, but giving that I knew very little of ASL it was going to be hard to keep up. She looked up at him, Michael, and he started to sign to her, seeming to rush. It was too fast for me to even try to tune into what she was talking about. I looked around the room for anything that could possibly distract me for a moment from my anger. I was furious at the fact that this boy would come into our room and interrupt me and my mate from our time together.

She went from hating me to wanting to spend time with me! How amazing is that? I looked up when I had noticed that she was walking out of the door with him. "Where the hell are you two going?" I asked, what made this boy think that it was alright to come into my space and take her without saying even a word? He truly wanted to get—

"There is an emergency that came up at her home and she needs to be there," He said, continuing to walk away as if I was going to accept that from him.

"I'm going to need more than that to let you take my mate anywhere!" My rage was getting the best of me; I began to see red at the edge of my vision. This only meant that my wolf was coming out to play. Shit, I didn't want Victoria to see me this way! My temper always gets the best of me. She already had seen me like this before and when she did, she hated me for it. I looked at Tori; I looked at her hair, her face, down to her... I looked away. Don't go there, don't go there!

"Apparently, there is a man at her home who says that he is part of the family. Joyce didn't ask for her to be there, but I think that Tori should have the right to know, giving that that he is her family too." It made sense, it was respectful. "I would never do anything that I thought would hurt her. I lov—" He cleared his throat. "I care about her. She is my best friend and I don't want to see her on the sidelines."

I looked at Michael, he had been signing as he was talking. I knew how much he cared for Tori. I could see it in his eyes; I could feel it through the pack bond. He thought that he was good at hiding it, but he wasn't. His wolf hasn't lived long enough to know how to mask feelings. I mean, physically, he could do it. But his heart showed something completely different; something that I didn't want to see. "Maybe if you cared so much, she would've never been on the sidelines in the first place," I growled.

Tori grabbed him by the arm and starting walking away so that both of them could be leaving. I stood up, "Hey!" I called out. They both kept walking away from me. I felt my anger boil over, it seemed as if I couldn't control it, my wolf, now... because I didn't want to. "Stop!" I commanded it was only Michael that obeyed. He was the only one that could. No one could ignore an Alpha's call.

Tori spun around, letting go of Michael. "Why are you doing this?" She looked at me in fury, seeming to not believe what was happening. She turned from the loving, caring mate that I had loved to the woman that hated and feared me, in a matter of seconds. "Why? You don't even—"

I stopped her before she could continue, signing to her myself, showing my own anger. "You don't leave without telling me!" Even though, I felt as though I did a sign wrong, which I probably did, I didn't care. What I cared about was her and the fact that she was leaving me... just doesn't feel right.

She began to sign really fast, I couldn't keep up. I reached out for her hands to make her stop but she cringed away from my hands, rejecting my touch. My heart ached at that. I took a step back. She looked at me with a look that I had never seen from her before, regret. What was it that she regretted? Being with me? Forgiving me? She turned away from me and walked out of the door.

And Michael stood there, froze, staring after her.

Just like I was.

~*~

(Tori's POV)

I stormed out of the room, I didn't want to but I did. Klaus wasn't making it easy for me to want to be around him. I hated the fact that he would act like a child! Like I was a toy that he owned! My mate this, my mate that. Jesus, it made me not want to be his anything! With that thought came pain; my heart was burning with that thought. It almost felt like the pain I felt when I tried to leave town. That burning feeling of losing something important in your life, but the thing is that I hardly knew him and from what I know of him. He's freaking crazy.

I started to think happy thoughts; Unicorns, butterflies, puppies... anything to take my mind from the pain, but it wasn't working.

I felt a tap on my shoulder; I looked over, trying to mask my pain but failing miserably. "Think of him..." The Beta said, I still wasn't sure of his name. Tom... Tim... I wasn't sure. And what did he mean, think of him? How would thinking of him makes me not feel pain? "...You think... him; the pain... will go away." I continued to look at him in confusion. His dark eyes showing ways of trying to explain, as if he was thinking of different directions to go and their outcomes. Finally, he continued but he moved his hands in signs.

"Thinking..." He looked up at the ceiling for inspiration. "Love," Then he pointed in the direction Klaus was in. "Make... Easy." So, what he was trying to tell me was that, thinking of how much I loved Klaus would make the pain go away. I frowned slightly, understanding, but the truth was... There wasn't much that I loved about him.

I looked at the Beta, he smiled slightly. "Think," he signed. I knew that he didn't know much, but part of me wanted to know how he knew enough to tell me this. He smiled even wider, "Niklaus," he did his name sign that I gave Niklaus a couple of days ago, "Teach me." I wanted to scream with joy! Niklaus was really trying. He was even teaching his other pack members (or just his Beta) signs so that they could talk to me.

I closed my eyes and began to think, I began to think of the moment that he had decided to share his memory with me. I remember how I had spoken to him (with my voice). But most of all, I remembered how happy I was, for just that moment, when he had asked me if I could teach him Sign Language.

Slowly, but surely, the pain started to ease. It made me realize something; I wanted to have more to love for Niklaus. I wanted to love him more. I smiled, looking up at him. He smiled back, but then I stopped, noticing that something was off. Why was he here? Michael had come to me telling me that the Beta had found a man that said he was part of my family. I was going to ask him what was going on about that and what had happened, but he looked away from me, looking in a completely different direction.

I turned, seeing Niklaus looking in our direction in pure fury. I have no idea what was going on, but whatever it was. It made Klaus pissed.

~*~

(Amadeo's POV)

I smiled at the Beta as he had nodded to his men to back down. Good, he was buying every bit of what I was giving him. So stupid, but I needed him to believe that little lie for a few hours while we handled this little nobody. He told us to get back into our car and follow him and his men as they ran through the trees to where we needed to go.

I turned to Aldo, "And you think that I have no character," I said, laughing quietly. He sighed heavily.

"I never said that you didn't."

"True, but you never said that I did." I pointed out. He shook his head and continued to drive. Once we came to a stop in front of a little house, I looked out the window at the Beta. "So, this is the house huh?" Not at all what I expected. He nodded.

"I'm going to go inform the Alpha that you will be here a little longer than we had hoped for," He turned to his men, but before he had started speaking I interrupted him.

"It shouldn't take long,"

He turned to me, his dark hair falling over his eyes. "That's funny. Giving that you say this is your family and Joyce and I have lived in the same pack for over fifty years," He blinked, "And I've never seen you before, so I'm sure that a few hours aren't enough. Isn't that right Kelvin?" The wolf known as Kelvin barked in agreement. I nodded at him. Shit.

"Shall we?" I said, still smiling. The Beta gave a simple nod and told me to knock on the door. Before he ran off he went to the wolf known as Kelvin and grabbed him by the fur around his neck and looked into his eyes. He was clearly sending him a message, telepathically. Shit... again! They were starting to get suspicious.

That is unless they already were, Aldo sent to me. I looked over at him. He was calm and content, seeming unfazed. Let's go to the door and get this over with. I simply nodded as we made our way to the door. We knocked.

When I looked behind us, the Beta was gone, but the men stayed. Yeah, they were suspicious alright. The door opened and behind the threshold was a beautiful young woman. "Hello, I'm Deo Peterson, a friend of the family. May I come in?" I asked the girl. Her attention was somewhere other than me. It was on Aldo. Why the hell—? I looked at my already wiped friend and smiled. So, he found his mate huh. Well, How nice. Now he can stop being so boring.

Though, after a whole 32.6 seconds, it was starting to get annoying. I snapped my fingers at them, snapping them out of their little love at first sight thingy. The girl looked at me as if I appeared out of thin air. "What?" She snapped. I slightly flinched, damn what crawled up her ass— Aldo laughed, I mean like really laughed. What the hell...? It took me years to try and make him laugh like this and even now I still never got him to laugh like that. So, this is what it was coming to huh, this she-wolf was going to be stealing my best friend.

"Can we come in please?" I asked, annoyed.

The girl's next smart comment was interrupted by a voice from inside the house, a woman's voice. "Kristen, who's at the door?"

Kristen looked back, "Some guys that say they are a family friend!" Oh, so she was listening. There was a loud clicking that made its way to the door and sure enough, seconds later, she was there with a look of shock on her face. The greatest nobody you'll ever meet.

"Hello, Joyce, "I said, "May we come in?"

~*~

(Niklaus's POV)

"So explain to me why the hell you left two wolves that didn't get permission to be on my land stay here!" I yelled at Tim, sometimes he was so stupid!

"I have seven of our men standing guard and waiting for whatever! There were no other wolves that followed them to our land, just them."

My own fury almost becoming unbearable, I looked at Tori who was looking between the both of us in confusion. I wanted to hold her tight and tell her not to worry, but I knew that she wasn't stupid. Alright, I'll take care of this myself. "I'll go and take care of this myself." I was the Alpha; I should've been the one that they had seen first. The one to defend his pack, not leave it to his Beta who did things carelessly. Tim flinched away from me. He turned toward Tori, he signed something to her. She looked at me then nodded at him. They both started to walk away from me, only this time I was happy about it.

I needed to make sure that she was safe while I took care of business. I left the pack house and started to make my way to Victoria's old house that only her parents and sister now lived in. I started to slow down as I saw the car that sat in the driveway. I looked for my men that Tim had said were guarding the area.

I saw one of the men coming towards me from behind the house, "How long has it been since they arrived?" I asked.

"Fifteen minutes, Alpha. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, they are just talking."

"About what?"

"It has mainly been questions about location, a lot of whys..."

I shook my head at this boy, "That was all you got?" I asked in disbelief. He looked down and nodded. Gosh, it looked like I would have to do everything myself it seems. I made my way to the front door; this is what I get for putting people with half of the brains in charge.

~*~

(Amadeo's POV)

"So, how have you been, Joyce?" I asked as we sat down in the living room. The house smelled of cookies. Chocolate. I hated chocolate. Joyce looked at me with a calmness that I knew took her a while to get together. She probably knew why I was here. Even though, I had never met her before I knew that she wasn't a weak Witch. I mean, of course, she wasn't as strong as her sister, but she had something going on.

"What do you want?" She asked, snapping at me, wanting me to get to the point.

But I still drifted away from her question; I didn't want to answer it immediately. "I hear another heartbeat in the house. Where is this person that you are keeping away?" Was it Bello? Was she trying to hide her?

"First off, it's my husband and he's in the tub. Now answer my question." I smiled at her, she was old. Slight color of gray touched the roots of her hair; she had wrinkles on her face (that I know that I'll never get because I'm a Werewolf who ages one year every twenty-five human years). I looked over at Aldo, who was still looking at the girl. I groaned.

"Just wait 'till she turns eighteen so that she can stop aging and age the way we do!" I said with fake excitement to Aldo. He scooted away from me and I made that space up by moving closer. He put his hand to his head, groaning. "I love you too, friend." I looked at the girl and winked. Man how I hated her.

"Hurry up and stop playing around," Joyce said, almost bored. I sighed and spoke.

"We want you to tell us where Bello is," Joyce looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on earth. Her expression changed and she began to laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked, annoyed.

She stopped laughing, "Bello is dead." No, no she wasn't! The Witches would've known that! She hasn't died! I wanted to jump up and rip this woman's head off, but I stayed down and stared but not at her. It was to the man who had opened the door, who was he? I looked at him more closely, there was something familiar about him. Suddenly old images from my childhood began to play—Breathing hard to keep up with a boy that was abnormally fast, I tried not to trip over the sticks that sat in the field of leaves— Now, I knew who this was, he was the man I had longed to see, but yet... I didn't want to.

Niklaus.

My best friend.

~[ a u t h o r ' s n o t e ]~

So this chapter has the same story as the last, but with this one there isn't much to add to it. I do recall being satisfied with it when I finished it. Though I did add a little bit, from what I saw with the amount of words I had in this chapter, I ended up doing 43 words less than last time.... That has made me really sad. Well, thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 6.7K 7
Chloe Patterson went blind due to a mysterious fire that started in her house. It is now a year later and after her parents were killed in a car acci...
2.4K 105 19
Victoria is a sweet, caring and innocent women. She is a werewolf and that too a very rare one. that makes life even more difficult for her. Her pack...
147K 8.5K 18
Maria can't explain what she is or what she's done. After all, it shouldn't be possible for a human to conjur fire from nothing but pure will, but th...
63.8K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...