Tragedy {A Warrior Cats Fanfi...

By BubbleTitan

Kestrelpaw knows she has a destiny: to be with Wasppaw and, one day, be the deputy as he's the leader. When t... More

Welcome!
» Prologue «
» Chapter One «
» Chapter Two «
» Chapter Three «
» Chapter Four «
» Chapter Five «
» Chapter Six «
» Chapter Seven «
» Chapter Eight «
» Chapter Eight «
» Chapter Nine «
» Chapter Ten «
» Chapter Eleven «
» Chapter Twelve «
» Chapter Thirteen «
» Chapter Fourteen «
» Chapter Fifteen «
» Chapter Sixteen «
» Chapter Seventeen «
» Chapter Eighteen «
» Chapter Nineteen «
» Chapter Twenty «
» Chapter Twenty-One «
» Chapter Twenty-Two «
» Chapter Twenty-Three «
» Chapter Twenty-Four «
» Chapter Twenty-Five «
» Chapter Twenty-Six «
» Chapter Twenty-Seven «
» Chapter Twenty-Eight «
» Chapter Twenty-Nine «
» Chapter Thirty «
» Chapter Thirty-Two «
» Chapter Thirty-Three «
» Chapter Thirty-Four «
» Chapter Thirty-Five «
» Chapter Thirty-Six «
» Chapter Thirty-Seven «
» Chapter Thirty-Eight «
» Chapter Thirty-Nine «
» Chapter Forty «
» Chapter Forty-One «
» Chapter Forty-Two «
» Chapter Forty-Three «
» Epilogue «
Fun Facts
Clan Personality Quiz

» Chapter Thirty-One «

970 50 72
By BubbleTitan

The rest of the day went by in a blur. Kestrelfur could not think of anything else besides talking to Waspstar. She would have snuck across the border if she wouldn't see him tonight.

Everyone else's mind seemed to be on Firepelt. Harestar had not come out of his den once since he had heard the news. Usually he would go on a patrol or do some drills, but that day he didn't do anything. He just sat in his den, only coming out once to grab a piece of fresh-kill.

The moon was starting to rise in the distance, and everyone knew that it was time to go to the Gathering. They crowded around Harestar's den, waiting for him to come out.

Grapesplash stood next to Kestrelfur, his apprentice on his other side.

"Will I be able to go to the Gathering?" asked Redpaw, licking a paw anxiously.

"Yes, we're all going," said Grapesplash. "Tonight we'll be able to go back to CloudClan, thank StarClan. Not that GladeClan isn't nice." He added the last part after receiving a few looks from GladeClan cats.

At last Harestar came out of his den. His pelt was clean, which was surprising considering that he had stayed in his den all day. His shoulders were back as he leaped up onto the giant tree stump—from which Kestrelfur figured out was called Great Stump, much like CloudClan's Grand Rock. Even though he looked like a proud clan leader, there was a sadness in his eyes.

"Cats of GladeClan and CloudClan," Harestar announced. "There is a Gathering tonight, and I have already picked who will represent GladeClan. All the CloudClan cats will go and return back to CloudClan once it's over—which includes Kestrelfur, Grapesplash, and Redpaw. The cats from GladeClan who will represent us include Mudcloud, Darkrunner, Echoshine, Fawnbreeze, Badgermask, Furzeclaw, Flowertail, Gooseleaf, Birchpaw, and Swiftpaw."

Kestrelfur itched to get going.

"The rest of the cats will just sleep and relax until we get back," said Harestar. "And we'll hopefully be returning with more news about Firepelt." There was a pang of sadness in his voice as he said his former deputy's name.

--

Once they had reached the Star Tree CloudClan and BrookClan were already there, MarshClan being the only one absent.

The GladeClan cats filed in and mixed in with the other clans. Grapesplash immediately went over to the CloudClan cats; Redpaw met up with her littermates, Emberpaw and Vixenpaw, and they seemed to talk quickly and excitedly to each other.

Kestrelfur craned her neck and saw Waspstar sitting on one of the giant rocks. She immediately started heading towards him, shoving her way past the cats in her way.

"Hey, Kestrelfur!"

Kestrelfur stopped when Falconpaw jumped in front of her path, an excited gleam in her eyes. The scent of BrookClan filled her nose, and she wrinkled it.

"Guess what!" Falconpaw didn't pause for an answer. "I finally got my warrior name. I'm Falconcry now! It took me a little longer than I anticipated, but it was worth it."

"Good job," said Kestrelfur. And she really meant it. "But I have to talk to Waspstar first. I'll talk to you more later."

Falconcry looked a little crestfallen for a second, then her gaze brightened. "Okay! I'll wait for you in the section behind Newtstar's rock."

Kestrelfur continued moving forward. She had to maneuver between cats and shove her way ahead, but she finally reached the rock he was sitting on.

She sat back on her haunches and then leaped to the top in one powerful jump; Waspstar looked surprised to see her appear on the rock.

"What are you doing here?" he hissed.

"I need to talk to you," said Kestrelfur.

"Well, go away. I'll talk to you later. Now is not the time."

Kestrelfur blinked in surprise. She had not expected this to be the reaction. "But I was just wondering what happened with Firepe—"

"Don't you think I'll explain once the Gathering starts!" he hissed, rounding on her. Then guilt flashed in his eyes and his tone softened. "Don't worry, I'll explain everything. I promise."

"You better," said Kestrelfur, wrinkling her nose at him. If he was going to be rude to her, she would be rude back. She turned around and leaped off the rock, sitting at the bottom like the deputies were supposed to do.

Oh wait! Falconcry wanted me to sit with her. She must've forgotten that I'm deputy. Kestrelfur would  have asked Waspstar if she could sit with her, but he didn't seem in the mood to talk to her. I'll just go ahead. He can't do anything to me.

Kestrelfur got up and looked for Falconcry. She could tell the Gathering was about to start, so she tried to find her friend quickly. She scanned the sea of cats until her eyes landed on her slick gray pelt. She hurried over to her. Right as she sat down Waspstar stepped forward to begin the Gathering.

"Wow. Look at him. Just taking the lead," said Falconcry.

"Yeah. What a show-off," said Kestrelfur, feeling a little guilty at the words. That's when she realized that Falconcry might not be aware that she was his mate.

"Oh wait! Aren't you deputy? Are you supposed to be sitting by the rock," said Falconcry.

Kestrelfur shrugged. "Yeah. But I don't really want to sit there. I mean, what can Waspstar do?"

Falconcry grinned.

"I have something important to share that all the clans need to hear," said Waspstar, his head sweeping side to side, gazing at all the cats. He seemed bigger to Kestrelfur now, though maybe that was just because he was standing on the giant rock.

"CloudClan and GladeClan have united as one clan known as FlightClan," said Waspstar. "Our goal is to bring peace between all the clans. We should not be divided; why must we be seperate? We would never go hungry, have more land, and be more powerful. Think of all the territory we could have! It's a waste to put our warriors in danger with skirmishes between us. If we were united, we wouldn't have to worry about these skirmishes. We'd be safer and at peace."

Stormstar stepped forward, his eyes full of distrust. "I don't believe anything you say for a second. You just want to be leader of all the clans. I bet you will get rid of us once we join."

Several MarshClan cats yowled their agreement.

"What's Waspstar talking about?" asked Falconcry. "Did you really join with GladeClan?"

The way Falconcry said it made it sound like a bad thing; Kestrelfur wondered if it was. Well, knowing Waspstar, it probably was. "Yes. I had to spend the past few sunrises at GladeClan."

Falconcry's fur bristled. "That sounds minnow-brained! Why would you let Waspstar do that?"

"Would you question your leader?" asked Kestrelfur, her gaze sweeping to her.

"Well, you're the deputy! If I were deputy, I'd—"

She was cut off when Waspstar started speaking again. "I know it's hard to believe. All four clans coming together after being seperate for so long. But there are plenty more advantages than disadvantages."

"Waspstar, this is toad-brained," said Stormstar, hackles raised and fur bristling. "If you're going to keep talking about this pile of dung, we're leaving."

Several MarshClan cats murmured their agreement. They all had an angry look in their eyes, and they were shouting nasty things at CloudClan and GladeClan.

      "I agree," said Newtstar. "While it does sound practical, it's not what StarClan would want."

      Kestrelfur expected Waspstar to get mad, but he seemed calm, his fur flat and his eyes wide with understanding. He seemed ready to attempt to persuade them again, when Harestar spoke.

      "What happened to Firepelt? I need to know."

      Waspstar turned to him. The mention of the deputy seemed to melt his mask. His fur bristled and his amber eyes lit with fire. "He tried to murder me in the middle of the night. I simply told him he should calm down and be less suspicious, and he stalked into my den and attacked me! I defended myself, as anyone would, and started fighting back. I told him to stop attacking, but he wouldn't. I knew what I had to do. He was a traitor."

      "What are you talking about now?" asked Stormstar. "I'm getting ready to leave, so you better start explaining."

      Waspstar turned to Stromstar, giving him a glare, then turned to all the clans. "Here's what will happen. You better make your decisions. Your options are to join FlightClan and live in peace. Everyone will be granted a spot in our ranks. Or you can refuse and face the consequences." He unsheathed his claws and slashed the air, baring his teeth.

      Harestar's eyes widened. "No. The clans should have a choice, and we should respect them. I will not send GladeClan into battle for this."

      Waspstar turned his blazing eyes to him. He leaped. He landed on Harestar's rock. Then, fast as a snake, he slid his claws through his neck, sliding them down across his underbelly.

      "That's it, we're leaving," said Stormstar, glaring at Waspstar.

      "Us too," said Newtstar, leaping dowm from the rock.

      Harestar's body convulsed several times. Blood poured out of his wound.

      "Why isn't he dead yet?" asked Falconcry, her eyes locked on his body as though she couldn't look away.

      "He's losing whatever lives he has left all at once," said Kestrelfur, remembering the story of Galestar.

      Waspstar turned to the two departing leaders. "I need an answer by next Gathering. Choose wisely."

A/N::

Whoah another long chapter! I promise they'll get shorter again.

We're getting to the end. Everything is coming to a close. What do you think will happen?

//Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965K 38.3K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
261K 8.8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
964K 52.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
404K 14.1K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...