If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh

14.2K 654 43
By Aafrynn

Amanda's POV

"Oh my God, No", I wiped off the tears sniffling. I had no idea how to prove out to be a help to Mr. Reynolds. I lacked strength, presence of mind, and science of course. I caught his hands and rubbed it vigorously trying to emit some movement out of it but again I proved out to be helpless. 

I cleaned his face starting with his forehead swiping off the blood, there were some droplets which took birth within minutes even after removal of the additional blood which was reciprocal in nature. 

"What do I do?  What the fuck do I do to prove out to help to this man ", questions flooded in my mind. I placed my hands on his chest to feel his heart beats,  to my surprise they were even slower now.  A small amount of sweat tipped off from my forehead because of anxiety.  I was very scared as his situation was turning worst from bad.

"Hey God!  I swear I'll give a good amount of charity to the needy once I return,  I won't lie to anyone.  At least for a month.  I'll be holy enough to visit you daily. " I bent my knees and looked towards the sky "Please save Mr. Reynolds,  he's a good man though he doesn't showcase the good in him", I raised my hands in unison while making a wish.  I was never really a holy person but yes I believed in the almighty and his power to dominate and protect the world.

"CPA, oh yes cardio pulmonary resuscitation, why didn't I think about this earlier ", I hit myself playfully on the head. Mr. Reynolds yet didn't show any sign of being in an active state. His face looked divine in this state, I couldn't stop but gaze at the view.  

I tilted his head lifting his chin until his teeth almost touched. I looked towards him and listened to his breathing which was slow or almost broke due to certain damage caused on his brain cells. I could see the deep injury through my naked eye too, they hit him hard on the head continuously. 

I then started compressing his chest putting my hands in the center of his chest, between his nipples. I placed one hand on mine on top of the other pushing them down with the heel of my hand around 30 times. I continued with 2 breaths followed by 30 pushes. I did it as per I was taught in college when in a seminar of quick aids. I hoped to see him move but he didn't show any sign, a part of me whimpered. 

"This means that I got to move quickly to the third step ", I thought to myself " Come on Amanda, it's not that you haven't kissed him earlier. This time it's for saving his life. Pump him your breadths ", the positive Amanda was taking charge a lot at this moment. 

I, without giving it a second thought pinched his nose close and covered his mouth with mine giving it 2 full breaths making sure each breath took not more than 1 second. Apart from monitoring the exhaled breath, I checked his chest, in order to see the rise and fall of the same. I took intervals at a regular frequency and paused to take a breath myself. 

I pulled away with my eyes closed, waiting for something assertive to happen. I half opened my eyes to have a check on Mr. Reynolds, his face looked the same. His chest didn't move which clearly meant that his breathing didn't gear up. I suddenly heard a small cough, I closely examined him assuring myself that my tricks worked after some minutes. 

His eyes unenclosed in a slow and gradual manner showing off all the pain he had been feeling in his body. The sun shined on his face making his shade tone a bit lighter than usual. 

"Hey, you're fine ?", I ran towards him. 

"Of course I am ", he turned me down wryly.

"Ouch ! should be thanking me for saving your life ", my face rested in his direction causing a droplet of blood from my wounded forehead dropping on his. " So sorry ", I wiped off.

"We need to escape before they come checking on us ", he commanded.

"But look at you, you are a wreck right now ", I tried stating things which were obvious " You need to rest. I can walk if I put some efforts but you", I pointed at him "You can't even walk so lay there and let me find some help " 

"Don't be a boss when I am around. I'm the boss remember ", his voice broke in between due to his agony no matter how much he showed that he was doing fine.  He tried standing up but couldn't even resist himself in affording the sitting position. He truly was a wreck right now.

"Go, find help Miss Waters. Go alone. Go home. Stay safe . " he made sure his sentences were clear enough "Send my men addressing them the location then ", he caught his arms tightly to stop the blood from flowing very hard.

"Okay ", I stepped back just like he commanded. I made my way towards the highway in rumination about Mr. Reynolds. I could see vehicles around after safely crossing the forest. Something within me was not satisfied with my act, it felt like every bone my body comprised of was objecting against this decision of mine. 

"Hey, lift ", I flung my arms in the air to make the driver of the passerby car stop. He showed no humanity as he kept driving without giving a second thought for helping an injured lady. 

I walked for a while missing Mr. Reynolds's company. I remembered how much my voice and words annoyed him but his annoyance never stopped me from talking anyway . I enjoyed irritating him, to be honest. "What the fuck am I doing ?" I questioned myself whilst walking . I cant run away from this situation alone.

We were into this thing together, what kind of a human am I. I left the person back who troubled himself to save me from all this. My guile was making me feel vulnerable emotionally. I took a turn towards the way which led me to him again. 

I marched as fast as I could, regretting my previous decision, and on the thought of how selfish I got lately.  I, within moments, reached the very place and to my satisfaction, Mr. Reynolds didn't move away. He laid there, his eyes half-closed. I ran fast towards him in aghast.

"Do not close your eyes ", I shouted.

His eyes met mine " I t-told you to g-go ", he stammered. His face looked more tormented than before. "So stubborn!", he exclaimed. 

"Learnt from the best", I taunted so that I could keep up with the fight preventing him from sleeping as it was dangerous for him in this condition.

"I'll be fine after I take a nap, come lay with me j-just like that night when we counted stars", he demanded sleep, I could sense it from his eyes which watered.

"Dare you to sleep , you're not allowed to. I like it when you're a pain in my ass . Stand up now and annoy me , violate me , insult me and if that doesn't covers your hate than even hit me. You-get-it-clear. You're not allowed to even wink without my consent ", I said in one full breadth without pausing.

"You just got lucky, you know that right. If my body would've been responsive then you know well what the circumstance would've been now ", my plan was working. I instigated him on purpose so that he'd fight me back.

"Come let's go, lean on me", I tried giving a helping hand to which he caught grip instinctively.

He held me through the waist and uplifted himself showing great courage. His current situation weakened me a bit, a tear rolled through my eyes realizing the pain he had been feeling lately. I turned my head around and wiped the tears dry so that he couldn't notice . "does your head hurts too much?", he did see my tears but just didn't realize what were they for; 

"I can't walk  Miss Waters"

"I can't too but being a girl I'm trying to. You are superior to me and yet you're so discouraged", I tried faking out pointing straight on his manhood ego. 

"Don't judge my patience", he scowled. 

"I am " I pulled him again. His body was slow as compared, it felt like I was carrying some kid who was late to school and didn't really want to attend school but his mother which was me was forcing him too. "don't sleep ", I slapped him on his face slowly.

His eyes widened instinctively to my action "You're crossing limits. Definitely. ", he started from a high pitch but slowly his pitch reduced. 

We almost reached near the highway, his legs were shaking while he walked, they didn't have the strength to move forward. His courage and determination enlightened me and definitely gave me big life lessons. "Can't walk anymore, take a pause ", he interrupted the silence .

"We're right where our destination is ", I consoled. 

"stop. what the fuck. Stop ", I ran in front of the nearest car making sure Mr. Reynolds stood nicely. The car driver shifted the steering wheel in a rightward position avoiding me. I raised my middle finger in air clear enough for him to see me in his side mirrors. 

"How the hell do we get outside this "', I frowned. "Maybe I have an idea ", I pulled my dress downwards showing some of my cleavage.  

"Such cheap stunt is not going to work ", his facial expressions showed fifty shades of his annoyance.

"Stop judging, let me show you how it works ", I winked and moved forward loosening up my hair turning it sexy. I stopped by and signaled the nearest car whose driver was around his mid 20's. He ceased to drive any more after my hand signal.

"Hey, sexy! , looks like you need a lift ", he unfastened his seat belt and pushed the door to have a word with me. His face was tanned, his black eyes shined brightly. His shirt fitted perfectly showing his well-toned gym body, I could see his cuts in his transparent shirt.

I turned towards Mr. Reynolds raising my brows giving him a -see-I-nailed-it kind of look. "I have a man with me, do you probably mind?", I questioned faking out the sweetest smile I could ever give.

He examined Mr. Reynolds carefully from head to toe, let me say he was not really in a presentable situation. "I apologize sweetheart but I can't take the man along ", he took my hands and gave a small peck before turning around.

"Why not ?", Mr. Reynolds interrogated with the man in his bossy nature. He looked gentle enough to smile at him before the start of communication rather than offending.  He marched towards him slowly without uttering a word. 

"I'm so sorry brother. Seems like you're in great trouble but I can't get myself in trouble too along with. I can make out from your situation that this is going to be a police case sooner or later. I really don't want to involve myself in this drama, I've been bailed out from jail for the third time this month. My dad has warned me that if I happen to get in trouble with police any sooner from the last bail, he'll take away the love of my life", he pointed towards the car " he warned me that he'll take away this car of mine" 

"Uhmm " Mr. Reynolds cleared his throat " Aston Martin Vanquish, I must say you have a pretty amazing choice ", I never knew Mr. Reynolds was in cars too. He wiped off the sleepy tears from his face so that he could have a better word with the passerby.

" Thanks, bro ", he grinned.

"How about a Lamborghini Aventador Coupe?", I knew exactly where this conversation was going.

"I completely love it, man, certainly in my 'to buy ' list ", I could sense his excitement for the car.

"Write to me your number and address as a text message on the number I am going to give you. Consider the car is yours, will be delivered to you at your doorstep", he chuckled maintaining the bossy attitude.

"Whats the price for it cause I am willing to do anything then", he was instigated by his offer.

"Leave me this car here since you're not keen to drive", he wasn't able to drive too so maybe he should've been a bit pushy with this anon guy.

"How do I trust you?", he inquired. 

"I am Aaron Reynolds just so the name helps plus this offer is something an ordinary person cannot give in exchange for such. It's a win-win situation as I'll return you this car too. Find yourself some traveling conveyance now without wasting my time ", he started to cough. He caught his chest tightly. I quickly ran towards him.

He then gave me a You-don't -know -to-nail-it look through his evil smirk.  He had this ideology that money could buy everything which was proving out to be true.

The anonymous guy almost vanished as he kept walking. I pushed him up and made his way towards the car. "Drive ", he commanded.

"What?"

"I said drive, can't you hear that, now please don't tell me that you don't know to drive ", his question had a portion of his answer too. 

"I did learn driving but never got the confidence to practice my skills on the road ", I cleared myself as I didn't want him to consider me a pedo. "I do know to drive but like I said I don't really have the confidence. It can risk our lives ", I continued.

"Our lives are in risk already ", he completed my statement after auto-correcting it. "I'll guide you, don't worry ", he took the passenger seat quickly after I comforted myself on the driver one. I pulled my seat belt and inter locked it quickly. 

I saw Mr. Reynolds with cornered eyes, his focus was towards the road through the front view mirror. This was one of the days when I was not mad at him for being stubborn or rude, I just wanted to hear about his well-being as time was flying and his situation was becoming critical. I pushed away my seat belt as I was feeling choked because of it. 

I made my way towards him, the car was small so I just had to give a small push to my body. I hopped out of my seat to wrap the seat belt across him ensuring his safety. Our nose almost touched, I could hear his heavy breathing. Our eyes met, it was difficult to break the contact but I managed it somehow . "You're going to make through this , okay ?" , I rhetorically questioned cupping my hands in his cheeks whilst giving him a small peck on his forehead.

"I'm no kid Miss Waters ", I realized that I was a bit more carried away in emotions.

"Sorry ", I got back to my seat giving a full stop to my sympathy. " This car looks different than what I learned from ", I analyzed the car. The car did look different but not complicated , I could understand what the parts were meant for . I just faked the drama so that Mr Reynolds could keep himself engaged in explaining and prevent himself from sleeping. 

  I pushed in the clutch all the way while turning the key and selected the first gear to set off. "I feel so tired already. Maybe I die on the way but ---"

"shush ", I cut him off 

"Let me speak, I give you the responsibility to complete Pallapora town's project which is carried in my mother's name "

"You're not going anywhere. We are going to the nearest hospital to do your check-up. You will be fine, okay? ", I looked away from him "Fine enough to harass me till the contract actually ends. ", I smiled to cover up the sadness.

   I slightly pressed the accelerator pedal using the ball of your right foot to increase the engine revs. Looking at the rev counter, I pressed the accelerator until the revs reach approximately 1500 rpm. This provided the engine with power enabling the car to move. I took charge of the steering confidently and moved accordingly.

"Hey, Mr. Reynolds, you awake ?", he was silent for a while so I guessed that he might have taken a quick nap. I couldn't break my focus whilst driving so I looked straight. 

"mmhmm, you always interrupt me when I am about to sleep. You're paying for this once we return back ", his sleepy condition also was stubborn and demanding. 

"Just shut up. You are not supposed to sleep. Tell me about the things you love", I tried distracting him.

"I do not love anything or anyone rather than myself", his answer was expected and quick so I couldn't even give it a pull by re-questioning 

"Tell me what do you feel about me or my driving", This question popped out of nowhere.

"You're sick, stubborn, clumsy " he paused "annoying but an amazing human being Miss Waters. Everything about you is so different, I have met and fucked a lot of girls but you - " now he was carried away and I was enjoying his confessions "You could be special to me in a good way but you're special to me in a nasty way "

"We never had a good history", I continued sighing.

"No ! the police complaint and the dog accident are not just 2 times when we've met in the past . We've been connected for a long time. You don't even have any idea about it. Your father was---"

I was utterly shocked by the fact that Mr. Reynolds knew my father personally. Flashbacks played in my mind of the day when I discovered my father's name on his telephone directory marked with red ink. I knew that he was a trouble for me because of some reason and now I wanted to know the reason. 

"My father was ? he was what? tell me?", I questioned continuously but got no answer, when  I looked towards him I saw that he already fainted. I stopped the car at once, his body was turning cold making my world turn upside down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
45 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
698 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
392 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...