Headstrong

By wheeleregg

Amanda Potter was separated from her brother after that night. Growing up in a Pureblood family, she understa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note

Chapter 6

125 1 0
By wheeleregg

The next morning before the group went down to breakfast, Amanda and the twins waited on the couches in the common room for Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Harry and Hermione looked quite tired and Ron looked a bit scared.

Amanda asked how the detention went and the children quickly explained what happened. Amanda gasped, worried for Harry. She knew as well as he did that he most likely saw Voldemort himself, which confused her as Voldemort hadn't been seen since the night her parents died.

She comforted Harry, as the children continued the story.

"Oh, you met Firenze did you? I like him, he's nice." Amanda said as Harry told her that he was rescued by a centaur named Firenze. She would have to thank him later.

"How do you know a centaur, Manda Panda?" One of the twins asked. Manda Panda was their new 'affectionate' nickname for her.

"I walk through the Forbidden Forest. Duh!" She said, shaking her head, "Come on guys, you know me."

Hermione giggled while Harry and Ron laughed at the expressions Fred, George and Amanda were making at each other. The subject of the detention forgotten, as the three pranksters had hoped would happen, they left the Common Room to go to breakfast with the rest of the school.

...

That day Amanda was in Potions again. She was at her cauldron with Cedric, her Potions partner, and Cedric was stuck with one of the ingredients.

"It says we need to crush the Boomslang, but I don't think these instructions are correct, don't you usually shred Boomslang skin?" He said, scratching his head in thought.

Amanda looked to the twins and saw them trying to conceal laughter, while Alicia looked at George weirdly.

Amanda glared at them and replied to Cedric's question, "Yes, you do. And you are supposed to for this Potion. But I sense my friends have swapped your book as a prank. Sorry. I will get them, don't worry."

Cedric looked at Amanda and saw the look on her face. He quickly busied himself with shredding the Boomslang while Amanda got out a Filibuster Firework from her pocket. She lit it, and quickly chucked it into Fred's cauldron when he wasn't looking.

Fred's potion exploded, spraying it all over the twins. They looked at Amanda and glared at her, as she feigned innocence. Their glares turned to laughter as they heard, "Potter. Detention. My office at 8pm tonight."

Amanda sighed and hit her head against the table once as Cedric had to conceal a smile.

...

At lunchtime, the Golden Trio found Amanda at the table, alone. She was reading a book and writing some notes.

They sat down near her. Ron said, "I don't think I have ever seen you do work.", as Hermione said, "What's the matter?"

Harry just grinned at her.

"Fred and George swapped my Potion partner's book, so as revenge I chucked a firework in one of their cauldrons. And promptly got a detention. Now, I think it has turned into a prank war. I'm studying because otherwise I'll get more detentions and won't be able to prank Fred and George. There's already a prank in place."

Suddenly the two doors to the hall opened and in walked Fred and George. The Golden Trio burst out laughing and Amanda smirked as Fred and George walked in. Fred was dressed as a ballerina and George as a young girl's version of a princess.

They sat down in front of Amanda and glared at her.

"What's up princess?" Amanda innocently asked George.

She closed her books and walked to the Hufflepuff table. She tapped Cedric Diggory's shoulder and he turned, surprise clear on his face as he welcomed her to sit down.

"Amanda, what a pleasant surprise."

"Thanks Cedric. Just wanted to tell you, Phase 1 is complete."

"What's Phase 1?"

"Embarrass Fred and George of course!"

She pointed Fred and George out to Cedric and his friends, and they burst out laughing.

"Nice one!" Cedric said.

He turned to face his mates around him and introduced them to Amanda.

"This is Luke, Sam, Declan and Sean. And why, may I ask, are you pranking your best mates?"

The group of boys stared at her eagerly. They wanted to know the answer. Amanda chuckled, "They played a prank on us, and I chucked a firework in their cauldron. I got detention and they must pay."

Two of the boys gaped at her as the other two roared with laughter.

"You chucked a firework in their cauldron?" Declan asked, in between laughs.

"Yep." She said, popping the 'p'.

She waved at them, before leaving the table. She pushed in between Fred and George while sashaying, but flicked her wand back, making them be back in their uniform, but with rainbow dyed hair.

She left the hall, hearing roars of laughter from the Hufflepuff table.

...

A while later, exams were over, and the prank war had ended after Fred and George had admitted that Amanda was the best prankster.

They were sat at the lake, tickling the Giant Squid's tentacles. Lee was back with them, after giving them a wide berth when the prank war was on.

He never wanted to be in the middle when a prank war was on.

Amanda watched as Harry, Ron and Hermione stood up suddenly and walked straight to Hagrid's hut. Soon after, she saw them race out, nearly running, to the castle. She sighed. They must have found out.

She knew the children were probably going to see Dumbledore but was almost glad when she remembered that Dumbledore had left a few minutes ago. Dumbledore informed her of everything, without anyone else knowing.

Amanda excused herself from her friends and marched up to the castle. On the way, she passed Severus and muttered as he passed, "They're on the case."

Severus nodded. They had already talked about the trio.

Amanda matched up to the Common Room to wait for the others. Eventually they came in, talking about not being able to keep an eye out for the stone.

She sighed and left.

...

That night as Amanda slept, she dreamed.

She dreamed of Harry and Quirrell in a room surrounded by fire, the Mirror of Erised stood between them.

Quirrell let out a furious scream, and Amanda abruptly woke, falling out of her bed in her hurry to make it to the room in which she had had her vision.

In a haze, she almost tripped down the stairs from her dorm, throwing on a dressing gown as she went.

Seeing Neville, she muttered a quick "sorry" as she passed, heading out the portrait hole.

She raced to the third-floor corridor as fast as she could. The children could be in danger. She saw the door open and slowly stepped in.

The trapdoor had obviously fallen shut after the children had gone through. Fluffy was awake and staring at her.

She started to hum, gently walking over to the trapdoor and opening it, continuing to hum. Fluffy had gone into a corner and its eyes were drooping.

She quickly jumped in, landing on the Devil's Snare. As soon as she landed, she quickly got up to the wall, shaking off the small vines of Devil's Snare that had already grabbed her ankles.

She headed into the Key Room and raced across, as she saw the door closing. She put her hand through the gap in the door to stop it, and heard a gasp come from the other side. She heaved the door open and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione looking at her.

"How did you know we were here?" Ron asked incredulously.

"You are actually quite easy to listen to you know." She whispered back, "You should be in your beds, leaving this up to the teachers. You could get seriously hurt."

The children shook their heads and Amanda knew, that they were going to do this with or without her.

She sighed and walked to the giant chessboard.

The four children took the places of two bishops, a knight and a castle. Amanda was in the bishop spot next to Ron, as the two would discuss what to do and lead, as they were the best at chess.

The game started and they watched as the White Queen took lots of their pieces, but they would take many pieces in return. Eventually Amanda saw, that to win, she would need to sacrifice herself, then Ron, so Harry could checkmate the King.

She said this to Ron, and he relayed the information to Harry and Hermione.

"NO!" Harry and Hermione shouted.

"That's chess!" snapped Ron, "You've got to make sacrifices!"

Amanda tuned out in what the other three were saying. She moved a few spaces diagonally and turned to face the White Queen, bracing herself for the pain, and crossing her fingers to hope that Harry and Hermione would make it.

The White Queen's hand smashed into her stomach, sending her flying into a pillar, hitting her head on the way. She fell to the floor, unconscious. 

The three children remaining watched in horror, as the Queen dragged Amanda to the pieces that were out, leaving a small trail of blood behind. Ron gulped nervously, then moved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.3K 107
"Your dad gave you this?" I nodded, still not looking at the necklace. "Your dad did that to your neck." He stated, matter of factly. "Nod. Yes or No...
2.6M 81.8K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
448K 15.5K 155
"π“ˆπ’½π‘’ π“Œπ’Ύπ“π“ 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“‚π‘œπ“ˆπ“‰π“…π‘œπ“Œπ‘’π“‡π’»π“Šπ“ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’Έπ’½ π‘œπ’» 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒢𝓁𝓁" ... Maisey Howell knew nothing of her prophecy or long lost br...
1.2K 50 15
Love shouldn't be torture, but it is for the one and only Y/n Malfoy. She is the first person in her family to have been sorted into Gryffindor, othe...