Ghosts

Door Think_Dream_Inspire

Marney Ables has a secret. You know how some people may have an STD or are secretly adopted? Something NORMA... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/N
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
A/N
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 Part 1
**CONTEST!!**
Chapter 39 Part 2
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 Part 1
Chapter 44 Part 2
Guess Who's Back?!
MAJOR APOLOGIES!!!

Chapter 14

905 50 5
Door Think_Dream_Inspire

That's right. There was a pounding or something. It continued for about a minute.

Max and I are frozen, I stay on his lap and he squeezes me into a hug, then he lets me go and slowly and quietly slides me off his lap. He slowly stands up and walks over to a small crack in the wall of the fort to where the noise or pounding is coming from.

"There's nothing there." Max says with a sigh of relief. He keeps looking through the crack, though.

Then he jumps.

Okay, this is scaring me. What would make someone like Max jump?

"Hey, guys? Whatcha doing in there? I'm not going to barge in or anything..." It was Ally's voice.

I jump off the couch and pull the door open as fast as possible and pull her inside.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I want to yell, but I can't or else I'll wake everyone up.

"Well, I was kind of just walking around..." Ally starts, but I cut her off.

"It's probably like two o'clock in the morning!" I say.

"Umm actually, Mar, it's 3. But whatever... I need to tell you guys something... And anyway, why are you even here, Max?" Ally half glares at Max.

"I was here to apologize. So what are you here for exactly?" Max asks.

"Well, during school there was this big rumor going around saying you two were going out... If you are then I'm going to be super pissed off at you, Marney for not telling me." She lets it sink in, then carries on. "So then I was at a table near the populars for once and I overheard them saying they were going to spy on you two and see what's really going on."

"Shit." I say and take a seat on a chair. This is not good at all.

"Shit is right!" Ally says. "What exactly were you two doing? I thought I... Umm... Heard moaning... That's why I didn't just walk in..."

"Oh god! Why couldn't you just have called me to tell me? That would've worked a whole lot nicer." I frown at Ally.

"I figured if keep an eye around your house... It's not like I have anything better to do on a Friday night. I swear we need to hang out again soon..." Ally trails off. What's with her trailing off so much? It's annoying.

"Plan that later. Is anyone outside right now?" Max asks Ally. This is like the first time he's talked since Ally's been here.

"I thought I saw someone in the little wooded area in the back." Ally says. "You guys are pretty much being stalked. I don't understand it because neither of you are popular anymore. At least I didn't think you were... But who am I to know?! I'm not of that group. I never was, never will. It was a stupid idea to go anywhere with each other though."

"Well, thanks for telling us. Now we have to figure out what to do." I sigh and sink down into my chair. There is no way I'm going to get out of the fort without being afraid of people seeing Max and I together.

"You know, I don't understand what's such a big deal about this. They can see what we're really doing. I seriously don't give a flying shit about what they think." Max says with the most serious face ever.

I laugh at him. "'Don't give a flying shit'?"

"Whatever. Laugh if you want. Just trying to lighten the mood. But seriously. I don't care. I really, really don't." Max looks straight at me.

"Were you guys having a big make out session? Because if you were I'm sorry for barging in and I would say get a room but you aren't doing anything in front of me and I..." Ally runs out of breath. She said it so fast I don't know how she could say all that in one breath. I'm not sure how it's possible.

"No!" Max and I say at the same time.

"Yeah. You were. Way to be obvious." Ally giggles. "Cute couple!"

"We aren't dating..." I say. I wish Max and I were. He hasn't asked me and I'm not willing to ask him. I find it weird for the girl to ask the guy out. It's not normal.

"What the hell! Why not? Seriously. You can't just make out and not date. That's just wrong. You can't be 'Friends With Benefits'. I'd kill the both of you." Ally gives both of us a glare. She really wants us to be together. Apparently no one else does though. Why do they care anyway? Like Ally said, we aren't popular. Not anymore, I mean.

"Well, guess I should ask." Max fake sighs.

"Wait! Do that some other time! This is the worst moment to do it! And, that was totally wrong to say whether you were joking or not." Ally says. She is always watching out for me, I guess.

"Alright... So what's the plan?" Max asks Ally and I.

Why do we have to make a plan at all? I think we could just stay. All stay in the fort until the sun comes up and that'll be when everyone's gone. But I can't say that because that's crazy and I know I'd get into trouble.

"I don't really care what we do." I lie.

"Then, you minus well just walk out of the fort together and act like nothing happened." Ally says. Then, her face lights up and she gets a mischievous smile across her face.

I'm now scared.

"Or... You could go out hand in hand and be all lovey dovey and make people freak out. That's a good idea if you ask me." Ally smiles broadly.

"I can't believe that idea." Max's face is serious, but then it goes into a smirk and he grabs my hand. I don't pull away because they touch sends hundreds of little sparks up my arm. They're unlike anything else.

Just as we get to the door, I stop. My hand is still in Max's, so I release his hand. I wish I didn't because there's no more sparks. I have to keep from wanting to grab his hand again.

"Why don't we just go out one by one?" I give the last option.

"Hmm... Maybe. But who'd be first?" Max asks.

"I'll go first." Ally says with a smile and heads for the door. "Not like it would mean anything for me to walk out. Max, you go next, then, Marney, you go last. We'll wait by the garage for you."

I've never really noticed how good Ally is at planning. She's great at problem solving and thinking in a little amount of time.

"Sure... You can go now, Ally." I say just as she opens the door to the fort. A rush of cool air comes in and I shiver. It's surprisingly sort of warm in the fort compared to the autumn air. Max comes over and smiles at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Well, we're alone again..." Max hints.

"Yes, but we can't take a lot of time. Ally will be waiting by the garage. You should probably go now, anyway." I look down at Max's shoes.

Max bends down and kisses my cheek. "See you on the other side." He jokes and walks out of the fort.

Now it's just me.

I've waited about 10 minutes and I then go out of the fort. I head for the garage but I have to stop when someone runs right in front of me and blocks me from going further. What the hell?

"Where are you going so late at night?" I hear a familiar voice whisper. It's almost a snicker.

It's Luke.

"The real question is, why are you at my house?" I ask him. I can hear his breathing and know he's really close. Maybe a bit too close for my liking.

"You didn't hear people talking about.... Oh. That's right. You had to leave early... What a shame." Luke has no sympathy in his voice.

"You're such an ass. You're lucky I'm not going to report you for trespassing." I say. If it were bright out he'd see my evil glare.

"Ooh I'm so glad that you won't!" Luke says sarcastically. "But anyway, where are you going? Meeting your boyfriend? We saw him walking out of the fort... What a piece of shit that fort is. If we were friends I'd come over this summer to fix it up... So did you two have sex?" I want to smack Luke in the face. He shouldn't be allowed to ask that question. He shouldn't even be here in the first place!

"No. We didn't. And we aren't dating. Didn't we go over this already?"

"You're lying." I can tell that Luke is smirking just from his tone of voice.

"I'm not." I say simply and try to get around him so I can get to the garage.

As I attempt to, I am pulled back as Luke's hand firmly grabs my shoulder.

"What? You don't like my company, but you like Max's? He's no good. He's crazy. Haven't you seen him talking to himself? I'm surprised he's not locked up." Luke says.

"Luke," I start. "You're an asshole who only cares about getting any girl and I am not into you whatsoever. Max is not crazy and he's a good guy. Much better than what ever you are." If people were standing around us, I can imagine them going 'ooooh! Burnnn!'.

"Actually, I'm just looking out for you. I think I know him better than you." Luke says calmly. For once he doesn't sound like a jerk.

"Well, if you know him so well, why aren't you two friends?" I ask. This is taking so much of my time...

"Well, he didn't want to be friends anymore for some reason. No big deal. But had we stayed friends, he would've stayed where he was in the popular status. He would've had a girl who was actually popular still, too. Unlike you who should never have been in that crowed in the first place." That made me slap Luke in the face so hard it made an almost echoing sound. I didn't mean to hit him that hard, but whatever.

"F*ck you, Luke." I say and run away from where he stands probably in shock, holding his hand to his face.

Once I get to the garage, I don't see Ally or Max.

Where did they go?

~Author's Note~

I'm so sorry if you were expecting something more, but I was on serious writers block and I barely had any time to write.

Sorry for not posting a new chapter in a while! I'll try my hardest to get a chapter in at LEAST once a week! I've just been really busy because volleyball has started up and I'm into that plus other activities...

So where do you guys think Max and Ally are???

I'm planning on getting another chapter on within a few days... Depends on what my plans are and stuff, though!

Like it? Hate it? Comment!! If you like my story, don't forget to vote for it!!

Thanks for the patience and thanks for reading!!

-Izzy

**Please excuse any mistakes! I tend to write late at night so it's not the best when it comes to spelling and grammar all the time!**

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

231K 6.7K 15
This was my first book on Wattpad. Beware of unrealistic situations, stereotypes, bad grammar, and a fast moving plot. ***COMPLETED***
2.7K 171 20
[COMPLETED]*[LOW KEY EDITED LOW KEY NOT] For as long as she could remember since the age of 13 she was told that she had a rare disease making her al...
5.4K 137 35
(Completed) this is my first fanfiction. please let me know how good it is. Also not good a describing things. Betty has abusive parents, She wakes u...
13.4K 201 21
(there's a weird plot to this) So, reader is normal or so it would seem, not soon after revealing a secret to one of the slashers she seems to have h...