Top Class (On Top Sequel)

By wintergirl08

Everyone has grown up and are leading their own lives. While our favorite character's from On Top are learnin... More

Trailer
{Prologue} A Winter Wedding
{Prologue} Ivy
{Prologue} Easter Brunch
{Prologue} Too Far
{Prologue} Catch Up
{Prologue} Green Paint
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27-(Austria)
Chapter 28-(Austria)
Chapter 29- (Paris)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (Part One)
Chapter 35 (Part Two)
Chapter 35 (Part Three)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 20

155 7 0
By wintergirl08

*Todd POV*

In the afternoon light, the Landrith residence looked much more welcoming then it did on Halloween night. Must be the fact that it was snowing which made the brick house with black lining look so comfortable.

As I got out of the car I was welcomed to the off white slush of melting snow and ice. I quickly raced up to the house, keeping on the shoveled path so as to not get into the few feet of snow now littering the lawn. 

Once reaching the front door, I soon found the feeling of "comfy home" changed once I was greeted by a teen with a large cheshire grin on her face. This of course was not the strangest thing about the girl. Her hair was a neon purple that lightened up her blue eyes as they looked me up and down amusingly. Was I seriously being checked out by a small teenager? 

"Hi there buddy. My name's Aria." She said with a jumpy spirit to my surprise. I stood there, unsure of what to say while she turned around and screamed up the stairs for Jade. Another girl stood at the stairs with very different features from Aria. She looked a little older too, and after giving Aria a questionable look, she turned to me and offered her hand.

"Don't mind Aria. She's just a bit hyper thanks to my mom's Starbucks treats. I'm Cici by the way. I'm in Bianca's host family." I nodded in recognition and shook her hand before being lead into the hall.

The sound of movement was heard from the stairs as Lucy descended them with a grin on her face. She gave me a wave before jumping down the last steps, bumping into Aria purposefully as she went by. Jade followed behind Lucy in fast quick steps, her face slightly red and her eyes averted from everyone in the room.

"So where are you guys going?" Aria asked, from the wall where Lucy was now very purposefully smashing the purple girl into with all her weight. That was not strange or anything.

"We're going to an ice fair out in the town over. Ever heard of it?" I asked, trying to pretend how easily Lucy was making the conversation difficult for both me and Aria.

"Oooh is that the one with the fire breathing dragon ice sculpture?" Lucy asked, interested. She was still cornering Aria into back next to an old father clock that looked dangerously close to being bumped over by a raging Aria. I nodded and was happy to see Jade perk up at that.

"What type of fair is this?" She asked, her eyes narrowing to look at me. 

"It's a little different from your normal fair. You'll see." I noticed Jade relax a bit at this, making my idea about whether or not she would be nervous true.

"El, your daughter is leaving!" A woman's voice called from the kitchen. She walked out and to my surprise a model looking cougar of a woman walked out into the entry way, smiling over at me quizzically. 

I was not sure whether or not she was judging me or my clothes seeing as she was looking me up and down just as much as the purple headed Aria was a moment ago. Was she now checking me out? What the hell is wrong with this house?

"Oooh I'm coming. Give me a fucking moment." I gapped at the doorway where that response was resounding from but before I could see who spoke, Jade grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the door, which was opened by Aria who had finally gotten away from Lucy.

"Have fun you freaks." She exclaimed, winking at me strangely as we left. I waved once more at the crowd looking out the door before turning back to Jade who had finally let go of my arm.

"What was that for?" I asked, grinning again, as Jade quick-walked to my car. She gave a side glance my way.

"The last person I needed you to meet today is my mother. Trust me."

We got into my car and quickly started it up, getting the heater to blast as the temperature had already dropped since the last time I was driving.

As I backed out of the drive way and headed out of the neighborhood, I could already see Jade going back into her nervous quietness that almost all girls turned to in dates. It was literally the worst possible situation that occurred at almost every date known to man. But unlike the other times this has happened to me, being with Jade was a little different since I didn't necessarily feel like I had to be impressive in front of her. She had already seen me in dance class for the past three years and I have been her partner in partnering for almost half a year already. This whole thing felt more like me being with Jade like on any normal dance partnering class where in the beginning she would be silent and judging and after a few moments of sarcastic jokes, she would start to mellow out and start talking. 

The first few sentences normally consisted of a curse word or two but after calming down even more I was sure she would loosen up on the cursing.

Right?

I turned onto the first two way street outside her neighborhood and automatically turned the radio on to my hooked up phone's music. To my surprise, Jade twisted to face the radio once the first few notes of Dani California came on. 

"What the fuck?" She muttered, her expression shocked before looking up to my amused expression.

"I'm sorry do you dislike my music taste?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at her. She quickly shuffled back to her side of the car, looking down before muttering quietly,

"I thought you listened to punk rock." I rocked back a laugh, quickly losing sight of the road causing me to swerve thus causing Jade to curse quiet colorfully for a small doll of a chick.

"Sorry, I forgot you are not used to my reckless driving," I said, glancing over at her to see Jade clinging to the door handle of the car door like a scared animal. I started laughing again but this time looked at the road.

"To answer your question, I love punk rock but not just that music. I also like these classic rock styled songs. I used to play this song all the time on guitar hero. Do you know it?" Jade kept her hands held tightly to the door handle but she did turn to me with a glare on her face. Internally I felt triumphant at having at least calmed Jade enough to show her judgmental phase.

"Of course I've heard this song. Only freaks with no ears have not heard this song. Plus I have two morons for brothers who love this type of music. Sam listens to this sort of stuff at the garage to block out Ben's terrible drumming down stairs." I chuckled.

"Wait so you have two brothers?" She nodded casually before adding that they were twins. 

"Oh really? I didn't know." I stated casually. She turned to look at me calmly making me realize that I did something wrong.

"What?" I asked, glancing over at her quickly. 

"You have met my brothers stupid. They hosted the halloween party." I frowned.

"Wait, what?" She rolled her eyes and looked at me, almost smirking at me.

"Batman and Joker. Brother who felt threatened by the fact that you ate his kiddie popsicles.. any memory of this?" My mouth opened in realization and I suddenly felt very dumb for forgetting that part of the night.

"Oh crap. I completely forgot about them but yeah now I remember. Give me some slack though, I was more focused on not letting  you falling asleep while taking care of a concussion." Jade slowly dropped her hands from the side door and turned fully to me.

"Why is it that you don't curse? I frowned and looked over at her again.

"Nice change in subject. Where'd that come from?" She sighed and sat back in her seat.

"Normally I am used to people saying "Oh shit" or "Oh Fuck" depending on what their favorite curse word is." She turned to see me driving with an obvious struggling expression on my face. I had no idea people had favorite curse words.

"The last time I heard someone say "Oh Crap" where an "Oh Fuck" should have been was in middle school from Lucy. And even then I was questioning her prude mouth." I smirked in amusement at how serious Jade was on the topic. I have to ask her what her favorite curse word is.

"Fuck obviously. It makes people turn to face me in judgement which is one of my only times I enjoy the spotlight." I started laughing making Jade glance my way, a frown reappearing on her face.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, I just was wondering if it was your favorite curse word because of it's meaning too?" To my surprise and amusement, I saw Jade's face turn a bright red and quickly look away.

"Nope. Not at all because of the meaning." She muttered, her embarrassment becoming more and more noticeable by the moment. I chuckled.

"Well if I had to choose a favorite curse word it would be because of the definition but I guess that is just me." Instead of using words to respond, Jade turned to the radio and blasted the volume to the end of Dani California.

I had no complaints to this action because she decided to turn the music up at the right moment for when the chorus started so of course, I started belting the words making Jade actually start to smirk before muttering the lyrics along as well.

Once we reached the parking lot to the building, Jade had becoming fully calm in my company. That was good at least. I stopped the engine and together we got out of the car and headed for the big rectangle building that had only a lighted sign over head stating the name: " Saint Anne's City Hall"

"I thought you were taking me to a ice fair with fire breathing dragons." Jade stated as we walked toward the entrance, her gaze hooking on the scene over head the entrance. I glanced up at it too.

"The city hall here is more of a community center for the area. Any big thing going on is centered here I guess. At least that is what Cassie says." At the mention of Cassie, Jade turned to look at me confused.

"Who is Cassie?" I smiled before grabbing the door and opening it for Jade. Before she walked in however, I spoke.

"She's my little sister. Goes to Saint Anne's Academy a few miles from here." Jade's expression changed from surprise to her normal calm expression.

"Wow you have a sister. Who knew you could be that cliché." I smirked at that comment before walking into the hall alongside Jade.

We were met with an older woman with a dark blue sweater with a gold flower pin hooked to the top right. When we entered, she looked up, glancing at us through her glasses quietly. I had a sense that she was judging us. Looking at us through her eyes, we probably looked like two goth trouble makers for teenagers who most likely spray painted profanities in the city. Only half of this statement was true, seeing as Jade and I were certainly not goth. More of just interested in the color black and any color darker than black.

"Can I help you two?" She asked, her voice coming out in a voice that I identified as a heavy smoker. Like two packs a day smoker. She must have been a partier in her day. Damn she must have let herself go.

"Yes ma'm," I stated in my most charming expression possible. Old ladies loved young men with charming qualities. Even with my ear piercings, I have pulled the act off on multiple of my grandmother's friends whenever I met her over at a game of Bridge.

"We have tickets for the Ice Festival. I hope I am correct in thinking that it is here tonight otherwise I am sure there would be no reason for why you would be staying here so late." To not much of a surprise from me, the woman actually smiled kindly and pushed her glasses up further up her nose before stating I was correct and motioning us to the elevator for the fourth floor.

Once in the elevator, waiting for the right floor Jade glanced my way with a new look that I later learned was awe.

"What the fuck was that?" I smiled.

"I have a way with the elderly." She scoffed making me look at her affronted.

"What?" I exclaimed, obviously wanting an exclamation at her dramatic use of judgement. To my surprise she looked at me with a new smirk appearing on her features.

"I can see how you do so well with the elderly but.." The doors to the elevator opened revealing a set of black double doors with christmas music playing in the walkway.

I gestured her to walk on out first before turning back to her to finish her statement.

"You may have leaned a little heavily on the charm, my friend." I smiled.

"Dustily noted now are you ready for the festival?" She walked with me up to the doors and together we opened them revealing a quite amazing sight.

The room took up the entire floor except for a few doors to bathrooms along different sides of the walls. Sculptures of different forest creatures stood in the front made completely out of ice. The walk ways were lighted with blue light and everything was covered in snow. Further on there was an ice rink that was currently circling multiple couples and families following around in a counter clockwise fashion. On another side of the room stood an entrance to a maze that was made completely out of snow. Over on the far right side of the room stood a small little ally of shops and games like any old festival.

Of course with all this ice, in made sense to say that room was cold. Much colder than what was outside. Thankfully both Jade and I had a sense to dress warmly although Jade was smaller and already gripping her sides in a bear hug fashion.

"Are you a Hot Chocolate kind of girl or Coffee chick?" She looked up at me with her wide green eyes making her face look smaller than usual.

"Chocolate would be motherfucking welcome to me right now." This made me chuckle before leading her along the route toward the ally of shops. As we walked down the strip we saw all sorts of things like a shop with multiple sweaters and jackets for sale with a sign saying: 

All contributions go out to the St Anne's Hospital Fund. Thank you for your support!

In another tent that seemed the most packed out of all stood a pen full of Labrador puppies of various colors. 

"What the.." I started.

"What idiot would buy a puppy while at a festival?" Jade muttered making me nod in agreement. 

"Only those with nothing to lose and no understanding of what has to be done when taking in a dog I imagine." I added. Jade nodded, still staring back at the dogs with confusion. I turned to look forward at the next appearing tent that was selling hot cups of coffee and hot chocolate alongside warm pretzels, pop corn and other hot food options. 

" Hey Jade, are you hungry or-" I turned to look at where Jade once was to see her gone. I stopped and turned behind to see her frozen to stare at a group of guys right outside the puppy tent carrying a black lab puppy in one of the young guys arms. I walked up to her and she turned to me in horror before looking back at the group. They had not noticed us yet but I had a feeling it was only a matter of time.

"Do you know them?" She nodded in a dreadful manner.

"Those happen to me brothers and Uncle and Father. I guess this must have been where they stepped off to after my mom had her episode.." I looked at Jade thinking she was joking but she surely was not. I looked back up at the group of her family and noticed one of the younger guys looking up to see Jade. At seeing his face, I recognized him as one of the twin brothers from the party that was hosted. As to which one, I was not sure. The other twin was holding the puppy and thanks to his brother elbowing him in the side, he too noticed Jade and took one of the puppy's paws and waved over at Jade. 

"Let's start heading for that drink break and then we could go walk in the ice world for a bit. I'm sure we will lose them there." Jade decided allowed. I was all for this plan and together we walked in a fast manner over to the food stand. 

After paying for the food and drinks, we stood by the waiting counter. Jade was nibbling on a pretzel while I started on my hotdog.

"You know, I never thought I would meet people who could actually consider buying puppies at a fair. Your family changed that thought for me."

"Oh shut up, Todd."

I took a bite out of my hotdog and then shook my head.

"Oh sorry Jade, you are going to have to deal with me like this all night. Might as well get used to my behavior. My friends say I can be quite the charmer. 

The face Jade gave me only made my next thought true.

She was truly enjoying herself. This date was off to a good start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 1
With just hours to go to make a decision trans ballet dancer Elijah and his cavalier Kian must decide whether to stay together next year, or go their...
7.6K 876 31
Kendall's story. Description to come. Tropes: strangers to friends to lovers, new adult, good girl/bad boy, ballerina, street racer, Formula One, dia...
363 36 12
Aside from to her family and friends, Ballora's dedication to ballet is unmatched. She's always loved it, most probably from childhood, and she is a...
47 0 6
14 year old Arabella Anastasia st Claire and her family moved to Paris France so they could support their eldest daughter in her ballet skills and t...