The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

By asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 44

23.4K 873 53
By asatabardo

The sun was slowly setting over the horizon making room for the stars and the moon to take over their nightly duties. Edward was doing much better this evening, earlier that day. He had, had a minor seizure and they had feared the worst. The young man was a fighter that's for sure. Joshua placed the bowl of tea, he was currently feeding Edward with on the desk beside him. Standing to his feet he reached out and position his head better on the pillow, so he could sleep comfortably. " You could have waited on my return to assist you, you know?" Victoria smiled entering the bedchamber, her golden hair tumble down her shoulders as straight as an arrow.

Joshua could see that they were still damp from her bath by the way they shine. His thoughts about having Victoria staying here at Jake's were appropriate. She was such a great assistant to him when it came to Edward. Truth be told, he could have waited but wanted something to keep him occupied. Jake seems to be avoiding him, mishaps he was still ashamed of what he had done that night or mourning the fact that his fiancée's working with the French? David had gone out with Alejandro to do more search and speak to the Constable informing him that the Spaniards weren't their enemy...at least not now.

" You needed a little break Lady Hepworth--"

"Please, call me Victoria" She smiled.

" As you wish Victoria " Joshua stepped out of her way allowing her to sit beside Edward on the bed. Her fingers gently ran through Edward's hair in a sensual manner.

"He always love it when I did this" She turned towards Joshua who felt like he was invading someone else's privacy. " thank you for saving him, I don't know what I would have done without him."

" I can't take all the credit.. It was Edward's will to survive " he replied gently. " looks like he had something worth fighting for" Victoria's cheeks turned pink at the compliment.

"How's Edward doing?" Jake asked, leaning against the doorframe, his expression unreadable. " has he awaken as yet?"

"Not yet"

Jake stared at Edward's small frame lying on the bed and swallowed. He had been with him when he had the seizure. Jake had never felt so weak and emotionally vulnerable in his life. He had just stood there while Joshua and David took action. His heart had grown soft and he didn't like that. Jake couldn't put himself through that kind of pain again. He need to cage his heart with the strongest armor. " He's not going to die right? "

"No he isn't, " Joshua stared at Jake who looked everywhere but at him. "  you aren't avoiding me, aren't you?"

Jake sighed and entered the bedchamber. " I have something I need to say to you..." He took a deep breath. " I apologized for last night.  I let my --" what should he say emotions? feelings? God I sound like a lady. His fingers ran through his hair as he thought about the appropriate words to used.

Joshua pulled his friend in for a bear hug, startling Jake. " I forgive since the night it happened Jake. I know you would never do anything to hurt me or David. You're like our big brother always protecting us." He smiled at his friend, whose forehead creased but his eyes held amusement.

"You really know how to make a man feel old, don't you?"

Joshua shrugged his shoulders. "It's just facts"

Jake rolled his eyes. " I'm only two years older than you Joshua "

" Two years does make a difference you know? " Victoria interposed. " when the time comes you would be turning fifty before all of them, start turning grey, walking with a cane-"

"I know men who isn't fifty and walked with a cane Victoria"

" Crying for pains, " She continued.

" You don't have to be old to experience pain Victoria. "

" Going Bald "

"Look, if you say one more word I'll invite your father for dinner! " Victoria mouth snapped shut with a frowned, while Joshua chuckled softly.

" Joshua, Jake we need to talk" David and Alejandro entered the bedchamber with a stern expression. "We have reasons to believe that the French is hiding somewhere in the forests."

" What give you guys that impression?" Jake replied, taking a seat on edge of the bed. "Although it kinda made sense now you think about it."

"My men have searched this place from the inside out. Homes, bars, stores. No sign of the French and they didn't leave Wessex, so that only leaves one conclusion. The forests."

"Well let's start searching forests--"  Alejandro glared at Joshua.

"And have my men end up lost in this country? No way the safety of my men is my top priority as well as my sister" He didn't came here to lose men, they had family back home expecting there return. Prince Alejandro will back returned home with the number of men he brought. Alive.

"Where do we fit in to that priority?" Jake asked folding his hands. " what about our safety?"

"What about it?" Alejandro replied with a struggled. " you're not the one that's in one of your sworn enemies country. We have to watched our backs twice now and keep a clear vision on the front also. I'm not taking any chances with the British "

" So what are we? Your shields to used when there's a fight?" Joshua approached the Prince and stood inches away from him. " let me tell you something your Highness, you might think you are using us to fulfill your purpose but you aren't--"

"He isn't?" David interposed while Joshua took step back and inhale deeply. " because from what I'm seeing he is, Joshua the man's living in Jake's house without paying rent,  since when we start running an inn here?" Jake nodded at this statement. "he and his priorities. He made us told our soldiers here than they aren't dangerous. He might as well start using us a bloody horse maybe we would become one of his priorities"

"The horses are British, " David lips hovered over the rim of the glass as he stared at the prince with astonishment. "Besides I'm honored by what you gentlemen have done, on behave of my men and I, thank you for your hospitality " he give an slight bow with a smile. Maybe they would become friends ? They had showed him great generosity since he arrived except his sister's husband which was normal.

"Joshua? You alright?" Jake asked noticing his friend's trembling hands combing through his hair rapidly. "Joshua!"

"I'm- I'm fine," he began pinching the bridge of his nose. " if you'll excuse me" Joshua strolled out the room with haste, reaching the room he was currently resigning in. He threw the pillow on the ground and retrieved the flask of rum. How did he forget to take this? This was his medication. The cure to his insanity. Joshua took a mouth full and lay on the bed. He was reluctant to even think that he was going crazy. Who doesn't hear voices talking in there head? Joshua sigh closing his eyes, he need fight this. His wife needed him.

Halley's not going to want a mad husband... She's going to leave you Joshua.

"No"

She already has. She's probably happy without you right now.

"Go away! " Joshua didn't stop drinking until the flask was empty, his eyes remained close as he drifted off to sleep. He would feel much better when he awake.

****

The Butler opened the door to find a young man, guiding his hands across one of the stone carved columns. He was in deep concentration, admiring the design like it was the most precious thing he had ever saw. Probably was. The Butler cleared his throat discretely. The young startled turned to him and blushed with embarrassment. Ryan had never seem such artistic work in his life. It was remarkable. The Fisher estate was much larger than this one and he was equally entranced. " I'm sorry sir...I'm looking for Lord Cummings... " Martin noticed how he fidgeted with the hat in his hand either from nervousness or the cold air.

"What business do you have with the Earl  young man?" Martin replied eyeing him with caution. His clothes weren't that impeccable from what he could see under the expensive coat, he wore. Did he steal it?

" I have an urgent message for him sir" Ryan replied, he didn't know why he was so on edge. They are just humans with money, nothing more and the other Butler seems nice. He'd given him a coat and horse for his continued journey. "  I just came from the Fisher's Estate--"

" Is that where you steal the coat ?" His eyes held accusation. " I suggested you leave the premises young man" Ryan mouth hung opened, the slamming of the door echoed throughout the estate and caused a vibration throughout his body. He was no thief! The man had only seen him less that a minute and already insulted him. With a frowned, he turned to walk away but stopped. He didn't came all this way to returned unsuccessful. He hate wasting time. With a sighed he began knocking at the door once more. Praying that someone else answered.  After minutes of standing outside the door finally opened to revealed an beautiful angelic face with golden hair.

" Hi how may I help you?" She smiled, eyes curiously awaiting an answer. " are you looking for someone? "

He nodded.

" I see speechless, don't worry they all are after witnessing my hair color" Her father had told her that she'd inherited it from her mother who died giving birth to her. It was rare hair color and people mistake it for gold many times when she was under the sunlight. It's both a blessing an a cursed. One time a boy had clipped off piece of her hair claiming he would sell it for a fortune. How naive!  Of course they were just children at the time.

" I'm looking for Lord Cummings " He clinched the hat tightly in his hand and inhale deeply. " I have an urgent message from his wife"

" Wife you say! " she said, incredulously. " the Countess is alive! " before he could replied Victoria grabbed him by the hand, pulling him inside the house. "That's amazing!"

"Lady Hepworth what are you doing!" the Butler scowled approaching them, with a stern expression.

" Come on!" She waved a hand at the young man from the steps of the staircase. " David!" She turned back with a growl when she saw the young man standing in the same position and Martin chasing him out. Racing back down the stairs, she grabbed his arm, startling a confused Ryan. " come with me!"

"But--" Ryan didn't know who to listen to the Butler, looked more in charged of the household than the lady and clearly he doesn't want him inside.

" For Christ sake he doesn't own the house! " Ryan was dragged upstairs with the golden beauty shouting all the way, leaving the Butler dumbfounded in the foyer. He couldn't held back the amusement on his face and was grateful his mother grant him permission to leave the forest. The journey was looking more promising than he had thought.

****

Mrs Leighton sat with impatient watching the Countess sleep. She had no idea that this lady was an autocratic and friend's with the Fishers. What have she done? After all these years of living in peace. Her entire world felt like it was slowly crumbling before her eyes. Soon there would be Lords and gentlemen swimming this place. Invading her home. Her privacy. She should have expected this from the first time Ryan came back with a woman's limp body covered in blood, her life would not be the same. She couldn't let them find her...find her family.  Now she had potentially sacrificed exposing herself by sending her son to locate the Lady's husband.  " mama why are you crying? " Mrs Leighton looked down at her daughter's sleepy green eyes, who lay nestled in her arms. Eyes that reminded her of herself, the past she wished to forget everyday and smiled.

" I'm just happy that the lady's alive " she didn't even realized that she was crying.

" so I'm I mama" she grinned, "she's really nice" Hannah give a tiny yarn before shutting her eyes once more. Mrs Leighton bend and kissed her daughter on her forehead. They were happy here and alive. It was not intentional to kill that officer but she had to safe her children. He was going to kill them all. His own family. The soldiers would never have listen to her, believed that her husband was insane, that's why she fled.  She hope they weren't still looking for her. Finding this place after traveling from Wales for days was a God sent. She had grown very fond of the out doors and thank her grandmother for teaching her medicine and the uses of different herbs. She rose to her feet taking Hannah with her and placed her on the bed beside the lady. Changing her name was a smart decision. She had a new identity and  need not worry anymore.

Taking the lantern off the desk, she went to the window and slowly opened it. It was pitched black outside. The wind was howling with violence and it only increased her state of despair. This was the first time he wasn't at home at nights. The first time she had been left alone in the cottage with Hannah. She could not sleep, knowing her son was somewhere out there. With a sigh she bolted the window shut and went to made medicine for the rest of the night.

" No!" Jennifer whispered, tasting a sweet substance on her tongue. She felt something cold hovering over her mouth and moved her head. " No!" She said more firmly, she swiped at her ravaged face with the back of her hands.

Mrs Leighton sighed, placing the spoon back in the bowl. " I assure you I'm not trying to poison you or else I would have done so already." Jennifer twisted her face back towards the lady. " it's just opium mixed with some herbs. To help with the pain"

" How long was I asleep?" Her eyes squinted suspiciously.

"A few hours." The lady smiled. " why would I let you sleep any longer when your husband should be here any moment? "

Jennifer heart leaped with joy. She had send Ryan to get her husband! " Thank you very much, you don't know how much this means to me" she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

" Jenny why don't you want to stay with me?" Jennifer turned to met Hannah on the verge of shredding tears. " he's going to take you away from me"

"Hannah don't be naive" Mrs Leighton rose to her feet, taking the bowl back to the kitchen. Her daughter can be so dramatic at times.

Jennifer opened her arms and Hannah crawled into them. " I'm not going anywhere, we are friends aren't we? " Hannah nodded. " you and Lady Laura. I'll come visit you often and you can come to my place--"

" you mean I can come visit your castle?" Her mouth opened in shock. Hannah had this idea that Jennifer was some princess and she lived in a castle. Well compare to the cottage one might called it that.

" I won't say a castle but if it's fine with your mother you can come anytime and we'll go shopping," she rested her chin on the girl's head. " by lots of dresses and dolls... Lady Laura would have lots of friends " Hannah squealed with excitement.  Jennifer grinned she really knew how to make a child stop crying. She tapped her self mentality on the shoulder. You'll be a good mother one day Jennifer.

" I can't wait until your husband comes!"

As if Hannah had conjured him Jennifer heard her husband's voice calling in the distance. The approaching horses got Hannah rushing to the window to get a glimpse. "Horses!" She squealed jumping up and down. "Ryan!"

David heart was beating to fast for his brain to comprehend when the young man had told him about his wife, he felt so anxious the other gentlemen had to calm him down. Telling him to take deep breaths. He was the first to jumped off his horse. Not even waiting for the beast to stop.

The other gentlemen quickly followed. Jake was very skeptical about this visit and thought it was a trapped while the others believed otherwise. He was enlightened about the news of Lady Cummings being alive and hope this wasn't a huge false chase. His friend's heart could not take anymore bullshit.

" Nice place you have here" Joshua said to Ryan staring at the small house. He glanced sideways eyeing the young man petting the brown and white horse. Regin had lend him. " you can keep him if you want"

"Really?" Joshua nodded. " thank you!"

"Let's get this over with shall we?" Alejandro interposed, walking between them.  David and the gentlemen paused for a moment when a child ran outside.

"Ryan you got a horse!"

"Hey  look it's a mini Jennifer!" Jake laughed.

David rushed inside after recovering from his tiny shock. She did looked like his wife. For a minute he though he was dreaming or losing his mind. " Jennifer! " A thin lady appeared from what he suspected to be the kitchen and pointed to the bedchamber door. Jennifer busted out in tears upon seeing her husband. He looked dreadful as she had thought. He looked like he hadn't sleep in days. He looked thinner. Jennifer sobbed with laughter when she scooped into his arms. "I missed you so much, my love"

David rested her back on the bed, never breaking the warm embraced. His hands tighten around her body, head nestled in the crock of her neck and she heard him softly sobbing. "Oh David pleased don't cry, you're going to make me cried to" but she already was.

"I thought I lost you Jenny.. I thought I'll never see you again" He broke the hug and quickly captured her lips showing how much he missed and loved her. "I'll never let you out of my sight again" he whispered, resting his head on her forehead. David had never felt so peaceful in his life.

" I don't doubt you my love," she cupped his cheeks and brushed away his tears with her thumb. " but after this is all over and Halley's found. " She looked up to see Joshua and Jake standing by the doorway.

" Jennifer I never doubt that you weren't alive " Jake grinned while Jennifer give him an look of skepticism. Joshua only shook his head with a bit of amusement. " What?" Jake asked confused.

"We are Glad you're alive Jennifer" Joshua smiled, now it was just his wife needed finding now. Joshua looked like he hadn't much sleep as well and she could only image his pain.

"Is it safe to enter?" The Prince appeared at the doorway and Jennifer was lost for words. She knew she shouldn't be gaping but couldn't help it. The man was extraordinary handsome and looked very familiar.

" Lady Cummings meet Halley's brother Prince Alejandro of Spain" Jennifer chuckled in disbelieved.

"You have got to be joking" Jake shook his head and Jennifer mouth snapped shut when Alejandro took her hand in his and kissed it.

"Encantado de conocerla Bella dama " Jennifer blushed while David swat his hands away from her, shooting a murderous glare at the Prince who only retired with a chuckle. It's not everyday she get to meet a Prince.

"Jenny?" David snapped his finger in front of her, who ignored him staring at Alejandro. He did had some similarities to Halley. Hair color and eyes same features only his was more masculine and chiseled. He was handsome, no mistake there. "Jennifer remember me your husband?"

Jennifer refused to rolled her eyes. David seriously believed that she was gawking  over another man in his presence? She was merely checking out the facts. " David who?" She bit her bottom lip with mischief in her eyes while the others chuckled.

David frowned. " Oh Darling," She turned and smiled at him. " you know my heart belongs to you" she reached and captured his lips. She missed teasing her over protected husband.

Clearly not your eyes.

" Now tell me how did Halley became a princess? " She rose a brow, looking at each of them around the room. The group began informing her of all they knew so far about Halley with Alejandro pitching in here and there. Jennifer also told them about the day they got kidnapped and how she had been shot. David wasn't pleased about it and vow to made them pay for hurting his wife. She told them about the lady that she was embarrassed to say, was nameless to her, took care of her and brought her back to good health.

" I'll have the young man show me where he found you" with that said, Alejandro strolled out the room. The gentlemen said they would caught up with him in a while.

" What also bothers me is why Halley didn't wanted to jump as well?" Joshua folded his arms and leaned against the desk.

Jennifer nibbled on her bottom lip, she couldn't tell Joshua about the baby. It wasn't her news to break. Halley should be the one to tell him. And she would. " doesn't sound like my wife " he smiled, knowing how spirited and fearless she was.

" I think you should asked her that question" Joshua nodded, he and Jake later went to meet with Alejandro and his men leaving David alone to bond with his wife. They met Alejandro crunched on his knees staring at  something on the ground.

"Found anything?" Jake asked, leaning against the tree behind the Prince. While Joshua drifted off doing his own searched.

"Not exactly" he stood to his feet, reaching for a piece of broken branch he threw it at the hunting trap letting it fly. Ryan had warned him about those traps before returning to his home. He didn't usually travelled to this side of the forest but he had heard the gun shot and a woman's scream, that day and was compelled to. " the young man said he found the countess over here." The Prince walked towards the spot. " so that means the shooter was standing from that direction" He pointed. " which doesn't make since because as you can see the place is layered with rocks and broken tree branches, a carriage can't passed through that!"

"Just because Jennifer was shot in that direction doesn't mean our Frenchmen travelled in that direction, " Joshua interposed, standing behind them. " come on follow me" they did. They followed him until they came across a small river.

"How didn't I hear this?" Alejandro shook his head in amazement as he slid down the bank. Leaving dirt on his white breeches.

" I didn't either" Alejandro watched as Jake stepped down makeshift steps made of tree trunks with a smirk. " should have used the stairs, your Highness " He shook his head at the dirt on the Prince's breeches.

Son of a bitch.

Using a stick Joshua picked up an broken canteen. " someone was careless and left this... They are here someone in this forest I can feel it." He said, looking around his surroundings.

"How do you know that it doesn't belonged to the cottage people?" Joshua frowned at Alejandro.

"Cottage people?" The Prince shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know there names"

Joshua sighed. It was best to just ignore this man, who seems to care only about himself, his men and Halley. He had made that clear. " It isn't from the Leighton's " he placed emphasis on the name. Which it looks like he was the only person to actually introduced himself to the lady. " because there's an inscription and it's in French "

"Your Highness! I'm regrouping the men!" They looked up to see Monty gazing down at them from upon his horse. " can't continue in forest. Fear of lost. " Alejandro nodded at the man then turned to face the gentlemen.

" We need someone who knows this forest well."

"I agree " Jake nodded.

Joshua rubbed his jaws pensively. He had heard of this man who used to trail these parts since he was a kid. He was a loner living here and there. Stealing what he needed to survived. The man had became a bartender, a well know thief and operates on the west side of Wessex at least that's what he heard from rumors. The officers never got any evidence on him to made an arrest.  "I think I might know someone.... his name's Fox."

"Sounds like the right kind of man we need" the Prince replied.

****

David had returned to his house to fetch some items along with food, lots of it to keep his wife comfortable during her stay at the Leighton's while the others went to seek out Fox. His wife had refused to leave insisting that it is best that she let Mrs Leighton continue to take care of her until she was fit to return with him. David didn't object, not that he ever did when it comes to his wife. It was an pleasant idea and she wouldn't be alone while she recovered. He'd also send some servants to assist the lady, who at first object but later agreed once they were young ladies. She had this fear of men it seems and doesn't trust them.

"OK this is the place" the three men unmounted off there horses and stood watching the small house like building. Few people walked the street hustling about their daily duties probably getting ready for the festival tonight.  In front of the door sat a man smoking a cigar, his hat pulled low over his face hiding his eyes. " what ever you don't cause a scene"

"If they corporate there wouldn't be one" with that said, Alejandro took off in determined struts towards the bar. Joshua glared at Jake who smiled innocently at him before leaving to catch up with the Prince.

" ye sorry gentlemen " the man puffed his smoke and sit upright. " this no place for married men. Ye better go back to ye wife " He pushed his hat back on top his head revealing a scar stretched across his face finishing at his chin.

"We just need to speak to someone" Joshua interposed, the man didn't hear his response for he quickly surged out of his chair, to prevent Alejandro from surpassing him.

" ye said go back home" Alejandro watched the man hands that was pressed against his chest. He wasn't comfort with people touching him. Alejandro quirked one eyebrow in the air at the man who was oblivious to the barrier he had just crossed.

The bar was filled with laughter and incoherent mumbles. Men took shots after shots, daring each other to the extreme. Some played cards and gambling their fortune like it meant nothing to them. Woman served them in scandalously low bodice, picking pockets here and there from people who seems to be to lost in there own minds to notice. All that came to halt when a man's limped body fell through the door. The men quickly sobered themselves up and withdrew their pistols.

Alejandro whose pistols were already drawn stepped over the body further into the room. Jake and Joshua had their hands held in  the air standing behind him. " so much for not causing a scene" Joshua mumbled, looking at all the pistols pointing towards them.

" Joshua," Jake chuckled nervously. " next time I suggest you speak Spanish to this guy because his ears seem to block off the English language! "

Joshua rolled his eyes. Christ! " We come in peace, we just want to talk to someone--"

"Anyone by the name of Fox step forward and no one gets hurt!" Alejandro interposed in his thick native accent. "I'm a very impatient man!"

I'm dead.

"There's only one--" the man that spoke looked behind of Alejandro to eye Jake and Joshua. " three?" Oh I'm not with him..he's crazy" Jake desperately wanted to say that. " of you what makes you think you can kill us all."

" I don't make mistakes...now!" He clicked his revolver back. " one last call, Fox show your face!" the sound of loud tassel boots echoed through out the entire room. All eyes turned towards the stairs. To locked eyes with a gentleman dressed in brown breeches, white shirt and an brown waistcoat. He wore a hat that covered his forehead hiding his eyes.

" I'm assuming you're fox?" Alejandro asked, suspiciously. For a man he wasn't muscular or seem as powerful as the rumors. " you don't look like much "

"You came all the way to discuss appearances or to do business?" The man took another step down the stairs and looked up at him. Before he could tell which color they were he focus his gaze behind.

"You!" Jake eyes widen incredulously. He didn't know this man maybe he mistake him for someone else. "You son of a bitch!" His face twisted sideways when the man's hand made contact with his cheek. Joshua and Alejandro looked on equally confused.

"I swear I never seen this man--" the man pulled off his cap and dark curls tumble down his back. "Oh shit!" Now I'm really dead. " Gabrielle? "

"In the flesh" she smirked. "surprised to see me Casanova?"

" Hmm...someone mind telling me what's going on?" Alejandro said, lowing his pistol. Is this the right place? Why is he a she and not a he? To say he was confused would he an understatement. 

"These your friends?" She folded her arms. " you have a dead wish or something? "

Jake felt his heart beating fast and glared at the stairs. " look,  I didn't mean to set your ship on fire. It-it was an accident. " Jake couldn't believed his misfortune of all the places in England he had to ended up the same place where Gabrielle was staying? He had wished never to see her again. She and her killer father. Pirate bloods. The name says it all. The man was like a wolf, killing everything that moves. The ones that crossed him of course.

Joshua cleared his throat discretely while Fox -Gabrielle spoke to her men to lower their weapons. Turning back around she smiled a menacing smile. Ignoring Joshua's seek for attention.  " if I had known you were in Wessex I would have found out where you're living and shot you in your sleep" 

"After spending the night of course" he winked at her.

"God you never changed!" she shook her head. " my father's still looking for you, you know?" Gabrielle couldn't believe Jake was standing before her and she wasn't killing the son of a bitch who took advantage of her, although that was the best night of her life. She had felt grievous and a bit heart broken but recovered in an instance. She was taught never to harbor feelings. They made people vulnerable. Sent them insane. She would let her father deal with him.

"Ha!" He chuckled, then turned serious. " is there a bounty on my head?"

"You two finish bonding?" They both turned to face Alejandro's face full of irritation and Joshua's curious gazed. "We have business to discuss"

Gabrielle sighed. "Follow me gentlemen" she began advancing the stairs while the atmosphere in the bar resumed to original. Alejandro couldn't believe that Fox was actually a girl. What nonsense is this? He reluctantly followed the little miss up the stairs. The other two gentlemen seems to be unaffected about the Lady's impersonation of a male. 

"Welcome to my sanctuary " She opened the door and stepped inside. Sanctuary? More like lair. Weapons of all shapes and sizes hung the wall. Everything was dark and creepy especially the deer head above the door. Other ladies would run from this place not live in it! " Now what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" She leaned against the desk with her hands folded.

" Oh my god is that a samurai sword! " Jake was just about to reached out and touched it when a hand smack him across the head.

"Do. not. touch .my. stuff" she sneered. Then turned glaring at the other two handsome gentlemen. "One of you better start talking am a very busy lady you know?"

"How do you know my friend?" Joshua asked the first question that came to mind.

"Long story short, we met at sea, slept together the same night he snuck out on me, burnt our ship and left with his." Jake rolled his eyes. She still going with that partially true story? "next question "

"Are you fox?" She nodded. It was a name her father had teased her with for years. She liked it.

"Though I prefer Foxie" she smiled. Alejandro felt his heart leaped. She was gorgeous especially when she smiled. She should do that more often. He thought.

"I'm Joshua Fisher and we need your help finding my wife"

"I'm not a bounty hunter Lord Fisher"

"Look-" Alejandro tried to interposed.

"I am looking" she bit her lips, glazing at the Prince. Trying very hard to withheld laughter, Witnessing how uncomfortable he had become. This gentleman was very handsome so was the other but he was already married.

" I am not here to play games Miss Fox. I need to find my sister and we were told that you knew the insides and outs of the Raven forest. We need your help." Fox went and sat behind her desk tapping her hands on the smooth surface.  "Gentlemen you aren't speaking my language " she faked a yarn and placed her feet on the desk. Her hands supported her head as she leaned back on her black leather seat. "Wake me up when you figure it out"

"She means money you guys" Jake shook his head acknowledging  the puzzled glances exchanged between the Prince and Joshua.

The Prince stepped forward and threw a bag of gold coins on the desk. Foxie opened one of her eyes and closed it back. " I'll give you one hundred thousand pounds, you have my word" Joshua interposed.  They turned to stare at Jake who was looking everywhere but them.

" I'm not giving her any of my money. Her father's looking for me to kill. That money got to used to protect my sorry ass" it would be like paying for his own assassination. Jake wasn't that insane.

"mmm...Spaniards gold" Foxie replied feeling the weight of the pouch. "You a thief too?" She asked hopefully. For a second Alejandro wished he was. Noticing how enlightened her face had suddenly become.

"No I'm Prince Alejandro of Spain" fox made a disturbing noise with her mouth.

"Get out of here! You know bloody Prince!"

"I am" He took off his sword and placed it on the desk. She looked at him with a wearily expression. " ooo a shiny sword now I'm totally convinced " she rolled her eyes and lay back in her seat.

"Look at the crest" she leaned over inspecting the sword. It was very impressive, on top of the golden handle was a beautifully carved Golden crown. Perhaps he was a Prince or stole it? She had stolen many weapons before from royals. It wasn't very difficult.

"Hmmm.....I know a blackSmith who makes these craft" Alejandro grabbed his sword off the desk and walked away from her. How dare she insult him! He had never felt the need to kill a woman before. It was best to ignore her. They needed her. Alive.

Looks like the Prince had met his match. Jake chuckled.

"Now about this forest, why don't you just used a boat?" Noticing the weird glances she continued. " the forest ends at a cliff over looking the sea. There's a house there father, his crew an I used to camp there a lot, " fox smiled remembering the found memories since she was born her father had cared for after her mother died, when she was a year old. She could still heard the bonfire music of the crew members that had become her family.  They stole from anyone at nights especially those rich folks when at sea they stole as well from ships, islands visited. Anywhere they went. Her life wasn't perfect but she wouldn't changed a thing. " I believe your wife's there."

"Can you take us there by horseback ?" Joshua wanted to give them the element of surprised. Going by boat would seem to obvious. Who knows, they might have men watching the sea.

"You can even take a carriage if you wish, there's a path that carriages can drive through without damages. They probably covered their tracks with leaves, branches anything. It's what we used to do." She stood to her feet. " I'll help you. Not because I like you pampered rich folks and you give me stolen gold coins " she winked at the Prince. Who glared at her.  " it's been a while since I'll had any action in my life " she smiled, her dark eyes full of eagerness.

Let's go hunting boys.

***

Joshua is going insane, he need to keep it together because his mother was crazy. It's in his blood.

someone is out to kill  Jake ( don't worry about this now in this story)

I changed Victoria's hair color, if you guys have notice ;)

As always hope you guys like the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Raven Falls By Ekeminih

Historical Fiction

490K 14.1K 30
She was young, reserved and a complete book lover. A rather curvy girl with hazel eyes. He was strange with an always bored look but had an unnatura...
221K 6.9K 29
For the coming of the prince (Alexander), new maid servants were employed at the palace and Rebecca happened to be one of them. What happens when Ale...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
4.2K 604 26
At twenty-four, Mason Chamberlain had it all. When scandal leaves him with a broken heart, not much could make him believe in love again...until the...