Harsh | Punk Luke Hemmings

By lovelydesires

|| härSH adjective 1. unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.|| "I'm really glad I found you, because if... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
AUTHORS NOTE
The Beginning
The Meeting
The Recovery
The Breakup
The Start
Sequel
TRANSLATIONS
8TRACKS/SPOTIFY
Poetry book

Chapter Six

92.9K 1.8K 1.1K
By lovelydesires

Chapter Song: Amsterdam- Imagine Dragons

Luke

Walking in on Michael and Andy almost sucking face was not something I wanted to start my day with. I heard music and talking and I didn't even know that Andy had come over, I was in too much a deep sleep to hear. Lately I have been sleeping past one, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing but It's not like I going to start waking up any earlier.

Andy and Michael have been hanging out a lot and it's really fucking annoying. She's an idiot if she actually thinks Michael likes her for real. He has always been a player, basically talking to every girl he meets trying to get anything out of them can. I know I'm a douchebag and I have slept with girls in the past, but I have never talked to more than one at a time. I don't lead girls on and make them think I actually like them, but Michael does and end up hurting them even more. I did try to warn Andy while Michael was probably talking to his next hookup in the other room, but she ignored me.

She even stepped over the line once again. I can't believe she had the guts to mention why I am not at my house for right now. That's what got me angry, she judges too quickly and doesn't even let anyone put a impression in her mind before she judges. I would've said something back to her, but I couldn't control my anger and before I even knew what was going on, I was standing over her, and she looked terrified.

I didn't want her to be afraid of me like my mom is, I just backed off. Michael came back in and I had to make up a lousy excuse to why I was there in the first place, breakfast seemed good to me even if it was one in the afternoon. He didn't really seem to care and just looked at me murderously before I left. Whatever happened afterward, I'm not sure, but he probably tried to get in her pants. Not that I care.

I started my trashed car and leave to go to get something to eat. The bumper and still fucked up from running into Austin or whatever the fuck his name was. I didn't end up calling him at all, mainly because I didn't want to have him asking questions again, like why I was crying like a bitch in my car that was barely hit. Yeah no thanks.

Driving my car still kind of scares me, just knowing that somehow my nightmare became reality right in front of my face. And Chelsea, how she haunts me, and I have no clue how to get the guilt and memories out of my head. Sometimes, I do like them, just so I can see her face once again, but I always remember what happened and I just angry. It's a bad situation.

I'm only halfway to the food place when my car suddenly makes a lot of shitty noises all at once. Well this is fucking awesome. I pull over because I don't want my car to completely fall apart. Once I'm pulled over, I really don't know what to do. I'm basically in the middle of fucking no where with a broken car. I don't want to call Michael, because he is with Andy. Ashton and that Riley girl are probably together and I recently got into a fight with Calum, nothing new there. So I'm basically all out of ideas.

Then I thought of something, I groan as I search my car and find the slip of paper with the number on it. I don't really want to do this, but I don't have a choice it seems. I dial the number.

"Hello?" Austin says into the phone after the 3rd ring

"Hey Austin, this is Luke. You know the one with the fucked up bumper."

"Oh yeah Luke I thought you would've called me sooner. Did you end up getting it fixed? Where do I need to pay?" He replies.

"Uh actually I didn't get it fixed, and I uh am kind of stuck in the middle of no where because it was making weird noises." I say back. How the hell am I suppose to ask a stranger to come find me here?

"Oh, do you need a ride or something?"

Well that was easier than expected.

"Uh yeah that would be cool." I say back.

"Where are you? I can leave right now."

I tell him where I am pretty sure I am and we hang up. I don't know why he even cares anymore to be honest, if I were him, I would not have even given my number much less give a ride to someone I don't even know. He is weird, but I am thankful, because I don't have anywhere else to turn.

I sit in my car waiting, putting on some music, as the time goes by, the irritation starts to build. It's been 30 fucking minutes, where is he? Finally I see someone pull up behind me, and I recognize the car, it's from the crash so it's obviously him. I get out of my car to meet him.

"Hey man, sorry it took so long, I live a while from here." He says.

"Whatever, can we just leave?" I reply rudely.

He laughs, "Sure thing, I'll call a tow for you car to take to the shop. I got it covered."

"Cool." I say. My patience is running low as always.

I wait by his car as he calls the tow truck and looks at my car as if he could possibly fix it somehow. Dumbass.

"They are on their way. We don't really have to wait, I doubt anyone will wanna take it, no offense or anything." He tells me.

"Yeah well that's not my fault that I ran into a idiot." I can't contain it anymore.

"Point taken, sorry once again." He says, "Just wondering, but why did you call me?"

"My friends are jerks and I needed you to pay for it anyways." I state.

"What did they do?" This guy I swear.

"Why does it matter?" I spit back, why is it his business?

"Just wondering you look stressed and I don't know what happened that night but it didn't look good. Maybe you just need someone to talk to, you know get some stuff off your chest."

"What are you Dr. Phil?"

He laughs again, "Nope, just someone that cares." He then sighs when I don't answer, "Look, I don't know your life or anything about you, but I do know that you have shitty friends if you had to call me to help. I'm just trying to be friend, something you need at the moment."

I'm taken back by his response, he is right but I don't want him to be my friend. I don't need friends. "I don't need your pity. I have enough of that already." I say back.

"That's not what I'm going for here, but if you don't need me to help I'll stop. But just remember that even if you don't think you need something, sometimes it's what you need the most." He finishes.

I laugh, because he sounds ridiculous. "That was very inspiring thanks." I say sarcastically.

He laughs with me, "That's what I'm here for."

I don't need other friends mainly because the ones I have now suck, others one will probably live up to be the same. Yet Austin does seem like a cool person maybe if I gave him a chance, but all of my doubts outweigh the positives.

Then, I start thinking about what you don't think you need, is what you need the most or whatever he said. If he was right, I really needed to fix something and fix it now before it was too late. I do a lot of stupid things, but I don't want this decision to effect my life completely. I tell Austin where I want to go.

I arrive at my house, a place that I haven't been for a week. It looks the same, as I walk into the front door, the kitchen has been cleaned up my destruction. I walk more into the house and I don't hear anyone. My mom is probably at work, and my brothers have been long gone from our house for a while. They have been off in college and only visit on some holidays.

I never knew my father, I was told he was dead since I was old enough to understand. To me I never had a father, I don't feel sad about his death because I simply don't remember him at all. My mom has been a single mother of three since I was born. I have memories of her in the kitchen with her head in her hands, stressed with bills in front of her. It was never easy for any of us, but when my mom got the job she has now things got better. It seemed things were in good shape, until of course the accident occurred.

I sit down at the table and just think for a while, just about everything that has happened within the last week. Running away from home was probably the worst thing I could have done. I left my mom scared and confused about what happened and I don't want her to hate her only son that's around.

I think I should make it up to her somehow so I run off to the store and buy some new plates replacing what I smashed on the floor. I feel slightly better about that, and I thought that I could maybe make some dinner for us too, because she will be tired from work. I don't cook, so this might be interesting.

I try to start cooking the chicken and corn I bought, but I don't really know how to do this. I look up recipes of how to make this meal and put the chicken on the pan and heat up the frozen corn. I thought it was going well but I started to smell something burning, the chicken was smoking.

"Shit," I say and grab the pan and put in under the sink, trying to stop the smoke. Well at least the corn is still good.

"Luke?" I turn and see my mom in the doorway. This probably looks really bad, I haven't been home for a week and now I am burning chicken in the kitchen.

"Oh hey, mom. I uh- I was trying to make dinner, but it burned." I scratch the back of my neck, unsure of what else to say.

She comes over to me and for a second I thought she was going to yell at me. But instead she hugs me, and starts crying. "Luke, I was so worried, I didn't think you were going to come home."

I almost start crying but I don't want her to see me upset, "I was going to anyways but I was scared that you wouldn't want me."

She looks at me and motions me to sit down, "Luke, I don't know why you threw all those plates, but I know your anger and I was scared you would do something. I am not scared of you I'm scared of your actions I want you to know that. I was so worried I thought you had left for good, I never want to unwanted."

I smile for the first time in a while, and it was sincere, "I love you mom."

"I love you too, son. And maybe instead of this lovely meal, we could just order a pizza?" She suggests and I laugh.

"Yeah good idea."

---------------------------

Comment what your favorite story on Wattpad at this moment!

My favorite right now is Fall, the fanfic with Luke and Stella, it so good! Read it if you haven't yet :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 22 11
ðɪs/ this: used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.
118K 1.2K 84
5sos preferences and imagines for your feels
794 22 12
Virulent: extremely severe or harmful in its effects. ~ For Alex, come alive my butterfly ~
16.5K 124 103