The Daughter of Qye

By roxane2361

"-that's the only thing I could do, because I could never give you more", Rydan continued, low enough to be h... More

Note/Short Reminder
Prologue
The Engagement Day (1)
The Engagement Day (2)
The Engagement Day (3)
The Contact (1)
The Contact (2)
The Strength (1)
The Strength (2)
The Vision (1)
The Vision (2)
The Wish (1)
The Wish (2)
The History (1)
The History (2)
The Night (1)
The Night (2)
The Day (1)
The Day (2)
The Book (1)
The Book (2)
The Promise (2)
The Mate (1)
The Mate (2)
The Reason (1)
The Reason (2)
The Betrayal (1)
The Betrayal (2)
The Memories (1)
The Memories (2)
Epilogue
NOTE

The Promise (1)

1.1K 47 7
By roxane2361

Hope you enjoy this journey

 • • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Rydan grit his teeth, frustrated and upset at the same time, but the tears that stream down both her cheeks couldn't be stopped. Her eyes stay firm to the ground while her trembling arm hugs herself, away from him. He can't have that.

So he closed the distance between the two, put his finger to her chin, raised her head to allow her to look into his eyes, filled with determination and hope that startled her. They are both exhausted and angry, but he can't have her crying like this, keeping her eyes away from him, trembling and shivering.

"Only you", he said.

He takes a step closer to her, his arm quickly wraps around her waist, pulling her close to him. He looks into her eyes, thirst and desperation fill his dark orbs, while tears trickle down her face.

Rydan closed the distance between their faces, he kissed her trembling lips, slow and smooth, tasting the bitter tears that have fallen down.

It was a kiss to comfort the other, it was filled with hope and a sincere wish for the two of them. Rydan hopes to convey those feelings to her, so she will understand everything and never has that thought once again.

She hesitates at first but then kisses him back, relieved and afraid at that time, truly wants to believe, the only thing she wants to do, to trust the person in front of her, hoping she could have this sweet exchange of love forever.

He pulled back, witnessing the unsure expression forming on her face, eyes looking up into his own. Rydan holds her waist, keeping her within his arm, within his hold, afraid of ever letting go.

"I promise"

But how is she going to believe that?

When a promise between a true mate can be broken.

For sure, this promise can't be kept forever.

But feeling the bliss of the moment, she nods her head and kisses his lips.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Five days ago

It was raining outside and it's been three days since the last time Elleryn opened the book. The book is not exactly a book, it's a diary Lady Byrl wrote using magic, sealing it with her alter spirit, as well as a dragon-spell.

Elleryn now knows the reason why she protects it with layers of the spell, risking her own life into uttering the spell, she is sure that one of the reasons why Lady Byrl had passed away so quickly was because of that book. It is revealed that King Arax and Lady Byrl are true mates, perhaps Pair Blood even, judging by the way King Arax was able to stand in front of her that day, shielding her from the danger, only for him to be cut deep with the spell.

That spell is meant to drain fairy abilities, it will cause a straight line of cut if it is sent towards other creatures.

Elleryn has been wondering since then, what she should do with this piece of information. Should she confront the King and ask him for an explanation? Or perhaps inform Rydan about it and ask his opinion?

And then what? What could she gain from this?

Not much.

And it irritates her so much because the thing that she wants to unravel isn't revealing anything.

Biting her lips, she takes a deep breath and opens the book that rests on her lap, caressing the edges of the book, the proof that everything she witnessed had truly happened and not an illusion that wanted to play with her head.

She has cast a spell around her room, so then no one will be able to come inside, closing her eyes, she begins to summon Lady Byrl alter spirit and reading into the past once again.

Twenty-six years ago

Byrl ran through the thick forest, feeling the wind coming her way, but she chose to ignore it, she wanted to be by his side as soon as possible, feeling his touch and witnessing his warm smile.

Arax stood near Eyions lake while looking up at the stars, the moment he heard her footstep, he turned around and greeted her with the widest smile he could afford, Byrl giggled at that and ran to his arm immediately, kissing his cheek.

"I miss you," she said, whispering into Arax's ear, while Arax breathed in the scent of his loved one. The person he comes to love after time passes by, now she is someone he can't bear to leave, never. "I promise, when I turn twenty-three, I will reject her. No one will be able to separate us," he whispered into her neck, Byrl just nodded, too afraid of the future to answer.

Byrl and Arax always sneak into the forest around midnight, spending time together until morning, sneaking back into the palace before they get checked by the servant. Byrl always uses her power to make sure no one follows the two of them or to get back before anyone ever wakes up, that is why everyone inside the palace never thought the two have fallen deeply for each other.

Even willing to risk their life.

Deep down, Byrl was always filled with thoughts that haunted her mind, the idea that Arax will someday run into another woman's embrace or the time when he will turn cold against her. The throne is the one that Arax wanted, he is an ambitious man who has a clear mind of the kind of King he wanted to become, so the thought that Arax will leave her in order to obtain the throne, fear her so much that it pains her.

But she lives.

She lives through it all, enjoying the moment she has with Arax, gathering all the little memories she makes with the man she loves, satisfied she can have him on her arm, at that time.

Until that night.

When his wolf came rushing to her room.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

"-Ryn? Elleryn?"

Elleryn opens her eyes, finding herself inside her own bedroom, the knocking sound of her doors could be heard and the soft voice of Deair calling her name becoming eager by seconds. Elleryn takes a deep breath before she breaks off the spell that covers her room, allowing Deair to get into her room. The girl opens the door, looking around the room with a confused expression, before her eyes land on Elleryn's and smiling at her.

"How did you get inside? I still have a few days before my punishment is lifted," Elleryn asked, tilting her head. Deair shrug, she takes a few steps into the room and sits herself on one of the couches.

"I didn't find anyone in front of your door, so I knocked a few times and called your name, but you didn't answer for a while until now," her tone turned a little suspicious at the end, but she didn't dare to ask.

Elleryn nodded at that and stood up, about to serve tea for the princess, but Deair quickly refused.

"Thank you, but I've just finished my lunch. And I have to go somewhere in a minute," Deair said, Elleryn turned around and faced Deair with a questioning look.

Deair sigh, "I will have to stay at my mother's family house for a while, Lorra and my twin brother's will come with me. We will be back on Rydan's birthday," Deair announced, face clearly upset with what she just mentioned, eyes looking at the table in front of her, not wanting to look into Elleryn's eyes.

Deair is suspicious with this sudden little trip, her father has instructed the Twins and the Princesses to stay at Yillr Household until the Crown Prince birthday party, which will be held in about two months from now. She wants to ask further about this, but Ahron stops her from doing whatever she intends to do.

Just do what you're told

Ahron said through his mind at that time, so she shuts her mouth and nods her head at him, but there's this little nagging inside her mind that makes her anxious.

Stay

Her mind has said, countless of times and she is worried something might happen if she didn't stay.

But.

"I understand, have fun," Elleryn said, waking Deair from her trance, finding Elleryn smile down at her.

Deair sighs and she stands up from the couch, approaches Elleryn and hugs her tight before she smiles up at her.

Please be safe.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Kyzen bit his lips, the first time he ever did. He never felt worried enough to bite his lips before, he had always kept a calm demeanor whenever something happened, just like his sister's personality, think it through and solve it with calm. But this couldn't be solved with calm.

"Is it possible," he suddenly said when the Qye's having dinner that night, his eyes staring confused at his plate, but his mind is on something else.

Leor finds Kyzen state at the moment a little surprising, so he puts down his fork and takes a deep breath, "what are you talking about?" he inquired.

Kyzen sighs, "for a werewolf to mate with a fairy?" he said, looking at his father's eyes.

Fabian chokes on his food, coughing then he speaks his mind "how is that possible? I've never heard such a case before, in documents about the werewolf they mate with another wolf. Not another creature," he said, confused etched on his face.

Kyzen shrugs, "I've heard silly spirit blabbering nonsense," he said, smiling at his parents, who eye him with concern.

"Then you should forget that nonsense," Ladon said, eyes staring right into Kyzen's soul, Kyzen nodded but then he looks at his brother's eyes one more time.

"But what happens if the Crown Prince mate with the Daughter of Qye?" he asked.

No one said a thing, probably because they all contemplated on what the right course of action and answer could be because to be honest there's no right answer for this one. There will be disaster and chaos if somehow that were to happen.

Ezana cleared her throat, catching everyone's attention, "shouldn't they be together then? Right?" she asked, her eyebrow furrow in confusion.

They should. But then again they shouldn't.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

It was a day after Deair and the rest were sent to their mother's family household, and Elleryn never saw Rydan since the very first day her punishment was carried out. Elleryn sighs, trying to indulge herself in the morning sun of the forest, as well as the soothing chirping sound of the birds.

Though her mind wanders once again, is it the end already?

Did the councils perhaps have finally been able to convince him that Elleryn merely just a deal between the two kingdoms, something that doesn't have its worth to keep by his side?

Elleryn moves her leg, feeling the cool water of Eyions Lake and takes a deep breath of the sweet air. But this time a splash of water sends her way, startling her a little, as her eyes wander to the beautiful culprit that floats near her leg, eyes narrow in confusion.

"You seem... not yourself," Madia said, tilting her head after swimming a little closer and arriving at the edge of the lake. Madia sits beside Elleryn, showing her beautiful leg that is covered by shiny scales.

"I am and it's been haunting me. I know what I want isn't something that I should keep forever. But each day passed and that desire increased and I struggled to decide what to do," she said, eyes staring straight at the lake.

It takes a while before Madia says anything and she starts with a sigh, "I find it hard to believe that a Daughter of Qye had something she wants but couldn't have," Elleryn just listened, so Madia continued.

"After all, you have all the power in this world, there shouldn't be anything that limits yourself at this moment. Unless there's something out there that makes it hard not to limit yourself," Madia said, slowly becomes a little unsure on what she should tell her.

"I think you should seek what you desire, after all, life is too short if you spend it only living in misery, right?" Madia said after a while, staring into Elleryn eyes who stared right back at her.

A smile forms on her lips, her arm quickly pulls Madia into a hug, not caring that Madia is still wet.

"Thank you," she said.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

"A...and that...that... finished as well? Wait...wait a moment," Frella hands trembled while she searches more things for him to do. She doesn't want to do this, but she had to, each member of the Councils has strictly given the Crown Prince order to stay inside the study room with piles upon piles of documents and work. However, now that she is the last person to be assigned, everything becomes such a mess.

Or so she believed.

The Crown Prince didn't need this 'urgent' study thing, they said it was a way to confirm the Crown Prince had limited contact with the Daughter of Qye. To be honest, Frella is scared to face the future King of Suttern, she couldn't believe Dilluna could stay inside the study to oversee the Crown Prince for more than a few days, she is such a tough lady. Now that the rest of the Councils, excluding Wylard, had stayed and done their role, Frella became more scared and unsure on what to do.

Almost every document had overlooked and memorized, the Crown Prince even knows all the things about the Councils and its procedure as of this moment, she eyes the mountain piles of books and shudders at it, truly finding this situation baffling to her. Frella scratches her head, feeling the eyes on her, she turns around and smiles towards the Crown Prince, who tilts his head in confusion.

"You don't have anything to give me?" he guesses rather than ask and Frella just stutters on her answer once again.

Rydan stands from his desk, smiling from ear to ear, "then I would excuse myself, I need some fresh air," and Elleryn, he thought the last part.

Smiling, Rydan leaves the room and leaves confused Frella behind.

He could hear her mumble, "Rede will kill me."

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

That night was cold to the bone, the chilling wind cutting through the skin, shivering under the night sky as she waits for one person she loves.

Arax took a step closer to Byrl, she turned around and flashed her radiant smile at him, he couldn't help but smile at her, the only person he loves.

It was the night after Arax turned twenty-three.

A night before he announced to the Councils of his mate's existence, where he believes that both of them can finally have the happiness that they wanted so badly. The end to every single thing they could wish for and a new beginning that they want to start immediately.

Arax steps closer to Byrl, hugs her tiny frame and tightens his hold, Byrl chuckles and she returns the hug, sighing in content.

He said close to her ear, a single promise he wants to keep forever, as long as they live, until the day they die and are buried side by side.

"I promise," he whispered in the night, but the only sound he could hear is the quickening heartbeat of Byrl, which in turn made him smile more.

"I promise, to love you," he whispered.

And Byrl closed her eyes, feeling the bliss of the moment, whispered in return.

"I promise," she whispered, eyes glistening with hope.

"forever."

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Elleryn forces herself out of her room, she needs to get out of this place, she feels suffocated as the surrounding walls seemingly creep up on her and constrict her movement, her throat feels stuffed and she can't take this feeling anymore. The guard tries to stop her, but she closes her eyes and quickly chants a spell, the two guards collapse in front of her, currently in deep sleep.

She turns around and rushes to the forest, her eyes sting from the tears that she tried to hold from falling down. The surrounding cold night and eerie dark sky only make her want to cry more, she quickens her steps, running into the dark forest, wanting to be far away from the palace.

How could he?

Break that promise?

Does that mean she can't be with him as well, does that mean she can't stay by his side.

The mere thought sends a knife straight deep into her heart, turning and cutting it into pieces. She fell down to the ground and turned a deaf ear to the sound of her arm scratched against fallen branches, hugging herself and crying bitterly, though the pain she feels around her heart is the one thing she focuses on. As the memories of both Byrl and Arax played all over again, as if mocking the feelings she feels at the moment.

Rydan had followed her all along from the palace, approaching her immediately, he was about to touch her when she stood still and turned around.

It was the most heartbreaking expression he ever witnesses, the fact that the person he cherishes is crying in front of him. Eyes red and tears trickle down her face, she shivers and trembles, staring straight at his eyes as she whispers.

"I can't, Rydan-" she chokes, eyes blurry with tears as her eyes focused elsewhere, pained visible in her state.

Her eyes cast down to the ground, staring at the grass as she tried hard to find balance, tried to find sanity within the shackles that had dictated her future.

"I can't do this," she whispered through the night, eyebrow furrowed up as she tried to hold her tears though it was pointless at this moment, that sentence coming from her mouth are good enough to shatter his world.

Is it the end?

Certainly, Rydan didn't think so.

Because he steps closer to her, wanting to ease her mind immediately.

But there's something Elleryn witnesses that for sure will crumble Rydan's faith in both of them.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Four months ago.

The room filled with colorful freesia as the sweet scent lingered and stayed. The distinct sweet scent spread to each corner of the room, she smiled at him even though a tear spilled down his cheek. She takes a deep breath, her face scrunched up in pain but she holds it in and pour her strength to try to sit, but Arax immediately pushes her shoulder down lightly, wanting her to rest more.

Her body lost almost half of her initial weight, she had aged considerably these past months. The one soft healthy skin has turned wrinkly and her eyes have lost its radiant color, turning it into white dull of death, the sign when a fairy has reached its end.

She stares into Arax magical golden orbs, drowning herself for the last time, memorizing each feature of him she can remember, absorbing every second she could have and cherished even when she is no longer existed in this world, wanting to bring this little memory into another world and keep him inside her heart.

"Can you promise me something Arax," she whispered with difficulty.

Arax couldn't help himself but nod his head, this time he wants to make sure that her last wish could be granted, he wasn't able to keep the promise they made years ago, so he wants to make sure this one doesn't end up just like that time.

She takes a deep breath, eyes staring into Arax, a tear trickling down her cheek but a smile form on her face.

"Promise me, Rydan will never fall in love with Elleryn," she said.

She takes a deep breath.

"Promise me, history will never be repeated again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 1.4K 11
"I take what I want, princess, no matter what." TRUTH is hidden behind the LIES. Secrets are buried within the secrets. Darkness lurks in the Light...
9.3K 971 24
As soon as I looked in his eyes I knew that I was in love. It felt like all my burdens just vanished into thin air. My smile was meeting my ears and...
404 36 10
Second book in the series Evelyn thought her battle was over when she broke from her ancestral bondage and the curse putting the mate bond. Destined...
71 4 25
Rhenyan has been through a lot. Being the only Master of magic in existence will do that to a person. He and his trobah, Auroya, pride themselves on...