Scarlet Legacy (Completed)

By FadeinBlue

What if saving someone meant exchanging your fate for something you can't even imagine? What if your real ide... More

S1-1 | To Save Him
S1-2 | Ironic Fate
S1-3 | Blue Eyes
S1-4 | Trapped
S1-5 | On the Run
S1-6 | Through New Eyes
S1-7 | Crave
S1-7.5 | Crave Part 2
S1-8 | Setting Sun
S1-9 | The Monster
S1-10 | A Party of some sort?
S1-11 | Ella and Chris
S1-12 | Punished
S1-13 | Passion-filled
S1-14 | When lying makes it worse
S1-15 | Scarlet
S1-16 | Claws
S1-17 | Breach
S1-18 | Hope.Dangerous.Keep Away
S1-19 | Ticking Clock
S1-20 | Brave
S1-21 | Surprise
S1-22 | Basic Instinct
S1-23 | New Arrangements
S1-24 | Et Vermiculum Vitae
S1-25 | What could go wrong?
S1-26 | Snap
S1-27 | Loyalty
S1-28 | Betrayal
Character Guide
S1-29 | Aftermath♥
S1-30 | Favors and Traitors
S1-31 | Murderer
S1-32 | Just This Once
S1-33 | The Beacon of War
S1-34 | Promitti
S1-36 | Uninvited
S1-37 | Torn
S1-38 | Rapture
S1-39 | Turning Point
S1-40 | Insanity
S1-41 | Bloodlust
SAD(not an update)
S1-42 | Unforgivable
S1-43 | Justice Awaits
S1-44 | Fratres Usque Ad Mortem
S1-45 | Out of Control
S1-46 | (Love) Bites
S1-47 | Good-bye ♠
S1-48 | Battlefield
S1-49 | Greed♦
S1-50 | The Curse ♦
S1-51 | Last Strike
S1-52 | The Beginning of an End
|Part Two Teaser/Hints|
|-|-|DETAILS|-|-|
Part Two (S2)
S2-53 | Unfriendly Visits
S2-54 | Royal Inquisition
S2-55 | The Bonds We Share
S2-56 | Desire
S2-57 | Master me, Master ♥
S2-58 | Veiled Intentions
S2-59 | Royal Intervention
S2-60 | Shattered ♦
S2-61 | Memoirs
S2-62 | Pounce♥
S2-63 | Unravel
S2-64 | Brewing War
S2-65 | First Wave
S2-66 | Masked
S2-67 | Black Veil
S2-68 | Revelations
S2-69 | Unexpected Ally
S2-70 | A Vow to Remember
S71 | A Prelude to the End
S2-72 | Bitter End
S2-73 | Shattered Reality
S2-74 | Behind the Curtain of Lies
Sorry
S2-75 | Gone
S2-76 | Past Reflections
S2-77 | The Grand Scheme
S2-78 | The Grand Scheme Part 2
S2-79 | The Child King
S2-80 | Vinculum Fidei
Epilogue
Please support my other works <3

S1-35 | A Bond that Lasts Forever

8.8K 511 27
By FadeinBlue

S35. A Bond that Lasts Forever

A werewolf wedding was happening before my eyes. Come to think of it, no one did inform me when it was and I didn't bother to ask. I thought it will be similar to human weddings but right here, the ceremony felt like a primal ritual of claiming.

The moon cast its silvery light on Ella and Chris while the bonfire that crackled on the middle of the garden casted shadows. As Chris retracted his canines carefully, Ella moved, one hand caressed her lover's cheek and they stared at each other, lost in each eyes.

I tugged at Roarke's hand but he merely slid it down to my shoulder. I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

Chris tilted his head, baring the skin between his neck and shoulder for Ella.

I realized then he was shirtless as most guys in attendance except for Roarke. I gasped softly when Ella bit him. Chris hand tangled on her short hair and he placed an affectionate kiss at the side of her head.

"They're exchanging vows." Roarke whispered in my ear. I shivered as his lips lightly brushed into my skin as he spoke the words. It suddenly felt so erotic looking at Ella and Chris, as he slowly lapped up at her neck. It felt like we were interrupting something private.

"They're forging an unbreakable bond that will last forever." Tasha made her presence known when she spoke. She winked at me.

I squirmed, trying to put some distance between me and Roarke but one of his hands stayed tightly holding my hips close to him. His hand on my shoulder began to roam. I bit back a moan when one of his fingers traced his bite mark, sending sparks of electricity coursing through my body. My strength faded and I leaned to him weakly. My eyes drifted to the crowd and saw some other couples in an intimate embrace. I glance back at Ella and Chris, now in a passionate kiss.

I was powerless as Roarke's hand skimmed down my body. It felt like I was suddenly thrown on fire. Something was wrong, very wrong about it but I couldn't fight it. I felt his sharp canines teasing the skin of my bite mark but not enough to break through. I let out a pleading moan. Roarke shifted slightly, both arms hooked on my waist, anchoring me to him and then his canines sunk to my neck.

My hands quickly tangled to his hair, pulling him closer, egging him on. My eyes closed, savoring the pleasure of it as his tongue slowly lapped the blood.

Suddenly his grip tightened and he forced himself away. His breathing was heavy as he pulled me closer. I scented his arousal in the air and I realized it was not just us. The air was filled with the musky scent of lust. The wedding had triggered it, how, I have no idea.

"Whew, that was hot!" Henry exclaimed and another guy agreed. I felt my cheeks flush. I was sure Tasha and Henry saw that intimate display.

Ella and Chris were now stepping down the small platform with wide smiles on their faces as the crowd now cheered for them.

"What the hell just happened?" I muttered, still trying to muster my strength back up.

"It's the pheromones; they give off quite a lot, triggering unmated werewolves to feel their need." Roarke explained as he slowly let me go. I instantly craved his body heat but steeled myself and stood awkwardly as the couple went over to us first; Ella grasped my hands and pulled me in a hug.

"I am so glad you came!" she gushed. Chris smiled down at me as he pulled his wife close to him, placing a kiss on top of her head. Everyone could see how in love they were.

"I owe you this one." Chris smiled.

"You do." His reply was quick and honest. It was clear this two share a deep friendship.

"Oh, you're still bleeding. You better clean up before the dance" Ella worriedly eyed my neck. Chris snickered. "You look like you've been ravaged." Roarke snorted beside me and I tried my best not to glare at him. It was his mess after all

I felt my neck and sure enough, my fingers were coated with blood. "What dance?" I started to ask but Roarke was already pulling me away with him back to the hotel. Ella winked at me before she disappeared in sight. I have a bad feeling about it but didn't ask more as he led me to the bathroom.

I quickly wiped away the blood, rinsing it with water. I looked at my reflection, noting my still pink cheeks. The skin around the bite mark was once again sore and touching it brought tingles to my body. I splashed cold water in my face.

When I opened my eyes, I stilled. Behind me was the old woman. Her back was turned to me, her shoulders were shaking and I could hear her soft chuckling. Goosebumps started at my arms. I couldn't move, couldn't even blink.

'Give them to me. Let me in' she whispered the words softly and repeated it again, voice gradually changing to a harsher pitch.

'Let me in!' She shrieked and turned around. I wanted to scream as I saw her hollow eyes, blood dripping to her cheeks. Her lips pulled up in an insidious grin, showing black teeth.

'Let me in!' She said, her bony hands reached for me.

A knock resounded followed by Roarke's gruff voice to hurry. I blink, the woman vanished.

I tried my best to compose myself and went out. Roarke was leaning by the wall nonchalantly. His eyes were sharp as he came to stand in front of me, quick to notice the change.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, lifting my chin up when I avoided his stare.

"How lovely! I never thought she is a lovely little thing." A woman's voice stopped him from demanding an answer. I looked at the side. A woman who looked like she is in her thirties stepped closer. Her hair was all white, her eyes a light blue it almost look so clear. She was wearing casual clothes and for a moment I thought she was a human.

"Elijah, you came?" Roarke asked conversationally.

"Of course I did. Wouldn't miss something I foresee." Elijah smirked, her eyes rested back on me.

"You must be Honey LeChat. Finally, this boy turned someone."

"He turned one more." I found myself saying.

Elijah laughed. "Oh yes, once the seal is broken I imagined it will be hard to resist the pull of wanting a connection. But I won't worry about it. You are after all the first, after so long."

She then turned to walk away but suddenly stop. She glanced back at me.

"The woman you saw dear, you mustn't' let her in, no matter what." She advised in a low almost threatening voice that I felt Roarke stiffened beside me.

"Can you see her too?"

Elijah shook her head. "No, I'm sorry but I could feel her."

I was deeply confused. Elijah seemed different, how did she know about the woman? What is the woman? I wanted to ask more but she was already gone.

"Elijah is a gifted with the eye. She could see things that are not visible to everyone. What woman is she talking about?" Roarke demanded.

I shook my head. I didn't know what was happening to me but if Elijah knows it, it meant I am not yet losing my head. I started to walk away. I thought he was going after me but he didn't. The sound of his retreating footsteps made me feel at ease. He didn't believe me when I told him I saw the woman then and something tells me he wouldn't believe me now. I found the pantry and was glad to snatch a bottle of red wine. I needed something stronger but it will do.

The sound of the drum filled the night, accompanied by the mellow tune of a flute. There were no lyrics, and the tune itself builds momentum gradually. I found myself leaving the glass of wine untouched and tracing my steps back to the garden. Sure enough, the people had partnered with each other. I watched in awe as both lift up their hands, palms outward and facing each other's as they circle slowly, eyes never leaving one another, like two predators waiting for a moment to strike. The sound suddenly stopped and everyone stepped back.

And then the drum started, the rhythm had changed dramatically, sounding like it was egging on a fight and sure enough, partners pounce at each other yet not touching, only lingering, circling, the steps repeated two more times until on the last pounce, the male partner snatches the female, lifting them up ever slightly, the female grabs the arm, twisting herself out of the man's reach and it starts all over again. It actually looks more like a sparring; the only difference was the movements were slow and almost playful.

I found myself enjoying watching when I felt Roarke close to me. Before I could even move away, he had grabbed my waist, lifting me up, in instinct, I copied what the female's dance movements were, grabbing his arm and twisting myself. I landed right on two feet quite unprepared for it. I raised my head, noting we were now part of the dance circle. Roarke was staring at me intensely, he raised his hand palm outward and I looked at him dumbfounded.

He wanted to dance?

When I didn't move, he growled low in his throat. I bit my lip, my cheeks burning hotly as I raised my hand to his, palm facing outward. He moved on the other direction and I hesitantly moved opposite him until we were circling each other. His intense gaze held mine; trapped on its cold blue orbs.

The sound stopped and I instinctively stepped away from him, more like jump back when I felt as if he was trying to hunt me. I could see the predatory gleamed in his eyes that gave me a dumb idea that he was enjoying this. My defenses were raised, my eyes never leaving his. The sound resumed the rhythm faster than before. Roarke pounce at me. I yelped not prepared for it, but he stopped an inched away. I let out a relieve breath; I forgot it was a dance. He moved back just as quickly. So I copied what he was doing, attacking but not really attacking, touching but moving away just as quickly.

It was exhilarating. More than once did our fingers briefly touched and each time Roarke will growl clearly displeased with the brief contact. Suddenly the tune took on an entirely different rhythm. Everyone stopped. I was confused when almost everybody crouched low until the sound of clothes being ripped filled the air, followed by the soft thump of the paws as it landed on the ground. My eyes widened, watching everyone shift. I glance back at Roarke. He cocked his head to the side and crouched low. His eyes closed for a moment, letting the change take control of his body and in no time, a big black wolf was in front of me, golden eyes now staring back at me. He growled. 'Shift!'

My heart beat started to race. The only time I ever shifted was when I rescued Max from another wolf.

Roarke growled softly. 'Let it take over'

I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes. It was not too difficult as I felt my skin bristled, the change coming smoothly than the last. I felt something cold nudged me. I opened my eyes and stared straight at Roarke's wolf.

A yipped resounded from ahead and the wolves started running for the trees.

Roarke nudged me again and run with them. I followed in a steady face, enjoying the feel of the wind through my fur.

'Enjoying this aren't you?' I heard Tasha's voice in my head and I looked at my side to see a chestnut brown wolf running beside me.

'How can we talk like this?' I asked or more like growl the words.

She laughed and it looks creepy as her wolf showed me a toothy smile. 'We are wolves. Our brain just translates it to what we understand.'

'Being a wolf doesn't actually mean you've surrendered all you human instincts, this is all about fusion you know.' Henry's voice filled my mind. I looked on my other side, noting familiar scents flanking me on all sides. I could smell Jonah's scent nearby and I could tell Jamie was right behind me while Roarke is on the lead.

'This looks like a short run, we're turning back.' Henry noted as the wolves running ahead started to shift their direction until we all managed a complete turn and are heading back to the hotel.

As soon as we reached the garden, they started to shift back. I closed my eyes as Henry suddenly decided he didn't mind being naked around me and shifted right in front of my eyes. I don't understand how they feel so easy about it. I peek at Tasha and she winked at me, sashaying away, stark naked.

I felt something was draped on top of my head. I looked up to find a very naked Roarke looking down at me. He dropped a towel on my head and narrowed his eyes. If I was in human form, I surely would have shamed an apple with how red I am.

I quickly collected it between my jaws and run for the bathroom. Thank god, I could fit in the bathroom door in my wolf form. As soon as I was inside, I took a deep breath and shifted back. I quickly wrapped the towel around me. I guess I'll just have to get back to my room with nothing but a towel on.

I heard the door opened. I hurriedly tucked the towel tightly and turned around.

I froze.

It felt like all blood leave my face as I stared at the person in front of me.

"I finally found you." The person stepped inside.

Why is this person here?

I was worried this chapter wouldn't come to me smoothly, surprisingly it did flashed nicely in my imagination though I must admit I didn't edit. Do you like the chapter? I will update next Wednesday of course. Tell me what you think; your comments are my fix. Thank you for reading. I'll be posting a #JustWriteIt story real soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 7.7K 27
NOMINATED FOR THE WATTYS 2019 COMPLETE|| Wattpad Recommenced Story website: www.pleasefanceeme.com // He was magnificent. Exceptional. More than her...
3.9K 916 30
Clara Mainn wasn't expecting a man with red eyes, black claws, and teeth as sharp as razors to attack in the night. Suddenly thrown into a world of...
42.8K 1.3K 40
Book One of Beneath the surface series. Marisela, born into royalty, heir to the Greemalian Throne. A siren who has lived a lie her entire existence...
217K 8.2K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...