Cocaine| c.g. [UNDER CONSTRUC...

By lilextrovert

"You know, you're like cocaine." "Only crackheads like me?" "No. You're addicting." Β« shameless u.s. Β» no. 1... More

1Β°
3Β°
4Β°
5Β°
6Β°
7Β°
8Β°
9Β°
10Β°
11Β°
:)
part two to previous
12Β°
13Β°
14Β°
15Β°
16Β°
17Β°
18Β°
19Β°
20Β°
New story??
21Β°
22Β°
23Β°
24Β°
25Β°
26Β°
27Β°
28Β°
29Β°
30Β°
31Β°
32Β°
33Β°
34Β°
35Β°
36Β°
37Β°
38Β°
hella important !!
39Β°

2Β°

26.5K 512 792
By lilextrovert

Mariana sat down. She couldn't believe Carl had a girlfriend. Of course he'd had girlfriends before, but that would only for a week before he came back to Mariana. She was his rock. He always came back.

"I guess it's time for me to get ready if he's gonna pick me up soon," she sighed sitting on her chair in front of the vanity she made. She stared at her self for a good two minutes before deciding to put the silk dress on.

It was tight, so tight that she had to wiggle around a bit to get it on right. It reached only to her mid thigh. She was surprised, most things were too big for her. She sat back down to do her makeup.

"I look like a fucking wreck." She had light purple bags under her eyes. She looked a little pale, but that was besides the point. The first thing she covered was her under eye bags. She tied her hair back, a little strand framing her oval face.

There was a soft knock at her door. Her mom came in with a caring smile on her face. Mariana looked at her through the vanity mirror. "You look gorgeous honey. By the way, Carl is downstairs. And does he look good. When are you gonna get with him anyways? How long has it been, like eight years or so?"

"Mom, he has a girlfriend. And even if he was single he doesn't like me that way," the short girl stated. It wasn't awkward to talk about this kind of stuff with her mother, it was just their natural bond.

Her mother scoffed,"Really? That's what you think? I can't believe you don't see the way he looks at you when you laugh. Or how he smiles at you when you say something funny. I know I shouldn't tell you this, but you're really pissing me off with this bullshit.

I got off of my shift at the nightclub and you two were downstairs. You were sleeping so I turned off the tv. He asked to turn it back on and I told him 'you're still up?' so he sat up from next to you and nodded. I was just looking at you two. He was staring at you with this look in his eyes. And out of the blue he says,'she's beautiful when she sleeps'. And I just teared up because I knew that's who I wanted you to spend the rest of your life with. Because he was perfect for you."

Mariana looked at her mother. She tried to hide the smile on her face. "He really said that ma?"

"He sure did honey. Now get up and go, he's waiting." Mariana grabbed her purse and headed towards the door. "Wait!" Her mom gave her a small silver packet.

"Mom!" Mariana said with embarrassment, "I'm only fourteen. I'm like way too young."

"Better safe than sorry honey."

Mari walked downstairs. She heard a group of people talking. She peeked down a little to see all six of her brothers talking to Carl.

"I want to see my baby sis home by 12, and if I see any hickies or her acting like she has a stick up her ass, I'm killing you. I doubt that it would be hard." Chris was lecturing Carl.

"Yeah, and you better not kiss her either you pig!" Cody pushed Carl, or attempted to push Carl.

"Cody calm down." Daniel laughed at the young boy.

"But just know that if anything happens to our sister, we are putting all responsibility on you. I'll rip your toes off one by one and put your face in a fryer." Frankie got in his face.

"Okay okay guys. You know I love Mari too much to put her in harm. She's been my best friend for eight years." Carl put his hands up in surrender.

Mariana took this silence as a queue to walk down. "Hey guys. I'm gonna be leaving now." She finally got a good look at Carl. He took his cornrows out. He was dressed up pretty fancy for a guy from south Chicago.

"Wow you look amazing Mari." Carl hugged her and got close to her ear," And that dress looking fucking hot on you." Her face got red and her eyes bulged.

They walked out and Carl opened the passenger door for her. He walked around the car and got in. As he turned on the ignition his fingers tapped against the dashboard. Mariana looked out of the window. The window started to fog up from her hot breath. She was nervous. 'Was this a date? Of course not, he has a girlfriend you idiot,' was all she thought.

They sang along to whatever song was on the radio. It was like old times when they'd sneak Steve's car and go drive to White Castle for burgers and fries.

"You're a terrible singer Carl Gallagher." She laughed over the mound music. She loved this relationship they had. Where they'd do the stupidest things ever and not give a shit what others thought.

"And you're any better?"

"Way better if anything. May I remind you I went to a performing arts school?" She stated matter of factly.

"Whatever Mendoza." He rolled his eyes in a playful way.

"Whatever Gallagher."

Carl pulled the car in front of he restaurant and threw the keys to a valet boy. He interlocked fingers with Mariana before entering the classy place. The lights were dimmed and classical music played in the background.

"Reservations for Gallagher,"He spoke to the waiter at the front podium. The waiter led them to the back of the restaurant. Mariana looked around, it was mostly older wealthy couples or businessmen. They were the youngest people there.

"I'll send a waiter back when you're ready to order." The hostess walked back to the spot where he was originally at.

They opened up the big menus. "You know you look gorgeous tonight Mari," Carl spoke up as he lowered the menu and looked at her.

"I look like I always do Carl." She shrugged, she felt a tad bit insecure in a place like this. With her looking like a child playing dress up in a place of sophistication.

"Exactly." He smiled at the girl.

"God Carl, you're so cheesy. This is why I love you." She giggled. She didn't realize she say I love you for the first time to him.

He smiled, deep down all he can think of was 'I love you too.' But he couldn't say anything, he already had a girlfriend. He also didn't want to ruin what he had with Mariana. It was too risky.

"So how was performing arts school?" He genuinely wanted to know. It seemed so long since they asked each other things. Or had a conversation in general.

"It was pretty fun. I made a lot of friends and we'd do stupid shit together, but it wasn't as much fun as we'd have." In California all they did was smoke weed and ride around in grocery carts and midnight. It never compared to her and Carl's adventures though.

"No one is more fun than me. I'm your best friend, I'm the coolest person you know."

"You're such a turd," she didn't know what she'd do without him and his sociopathic self.

"But I'm your turd,"He winked at her.

"Anyways, how was juvie?"

"I made juvie my bitch. Fucked it right in the ass."

"That sounds disgusting Carl. I'm sorry I couldn't be there at your sentencing. I didn't think I'd leave to California that early."

"I'm just glad you weren't staying there for high school. I thought you were staying until college."

Carl felt bad. The only reason he wanted to go to juvie in the first place was because he thought Mariana was going to stay in California forever. He didn't want to be in Chicago without her. He didn't have a reason to. Juvie was the only place he could go, and he felt like it'd get his mind off of her. It really was stupid of him in the first place.

"No way, I couldn't leave my favorite asswipe for that long." She playfully shoved him.

"I always knew you couldn't live without me babe. You love me too much,"he cockily smirked.

"Don't let it get to your head Gallagher," she warned him. But she did love him too much.

Carl thought about what he'd do. He was in a terrible situation. He had a girlfriend who he adored greatly, but he still loved Mariana. It was inevitable that he loved her.

'What the hell am I going to do now?' He thought to himself. He couldn't just dump Dominique, that'd be terrible to do. But what would he do with his feelings for Mariana? He can't just throw them away like garbage.

"Carl?" She asked.

"Huh?" He looked up abruptly. His pink lips were slightly parted.

"Nothing, I just lost you there for a second." She rubbed her arm a bit looking down at the ivory table cloth.

"Oh, I was just deep in thought."

A waiter finally came to their table. "Hi I'm Calum and I'll be taking your order today. Our special today is the lobster and seafood platter for two. Can I start you off with any drinks or appetizers?"

Mariana studied his chiseled features. He had a jawline and his hair had a small streak of blond in the middle. He had a slight lisp and a heavy accent.

"We'll have the special. And a bottle of moscato please." Carl looked up at the waiter, who was smiling at Mariana.

"Okay, your moscato will be here shortly." Calum the waiter nodded as he wrote the order down on the notepad in his hand.

"Carl,"Mariana whispered over to the semi-jealous boy sitting in front of her,"we're not twenty one yet! Why'd you purchase alcohol?!"

"Calm down princess, he didn't notice." He placed his calloused hand onto hers, which was set on the table. Mariana felt a warm fuzzy feeling whenever Carl would call her that. She liked being called princess by him.

The rest of the night went by like a blur. They laughed and ate and even had a bit of champagne. They really felt like they caught up since they'd been split for a year. Mariana was just glad to be in Carl's presence.

They got back into the car and drove home, music playing in the background. There was a comfortable silence. And Mariana cherished every bit of it. She took the time to think.

To think where she and Carl were going. If anything would change or be different. Or if they'd just stay friends. It didn't matter either way, Mariana just liked being with Carl no matter the circumstances.

"We're here Mari." Carl unbuckled his seatbelt and walked over to the other side of the car. He opened the door and led Mariana to the front porch.

"Thanks for tonight Carl, I really enjoyed it. It was fun,"she thanked him before pulling him into a hug. She looked up at him. He started to lean in to try and close the gap between them. Mariana backed up.

"Carl–I–I can't. You have a girlfriend. It's not right to do that to her. I know you'll regret it too. I don't want to mess things up for you. I love you too much. Goodnight," she felt awful. She wouldn't want to do that to some girl.

She shut the front door and ran to her room trying to make as little noise as possible. She threw her shoes down and fell flat on her bed. "I am an awful human being."

Carl looked confused with the door shut in his face. He really wanted to kiss Mariana. Not out of lust, but out of plain love. That's all he felt for her. Love. "I fucked up big time. I really did."

He walked over to his house, kicking rocks in the process. Tomorrow he'll act like he did before any of this mess happened. The way things used to be with him and Mariana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 16K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
184K 7.9K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...