The Dance

By voxofp

I don't want 2 fall in love, 'cause if I do it's gonna be the last time... 2013-Prince is performing at Montr... More

Romance
*1*
Introduction-A/N
*2*
*3*
*4*
*5*
*6*
*7*
*8*
*9*
*10*
*11*
*12*
*13*
*14*
*15*
*16*
*17*
*18*
*19*
*20*
*21*
*22*
*23*
*24*
*26*
*27*
*28*
*29*
You are my heart
Honeymoon
Trouble in Paradise
*30*
*31*
*32*
*33*
*34*
Anniversary
*35*
*36*
*37*
Doctors and discoveries 37.5
*38*
*38.5*
Countdown to D -Day
A/N
Goodbye, my love
Blissed Out
Back to the beginning

*25*

850 42 38
By voxofp

The final performances of August went the same way the ones in the Netherlands had. The rock oriented shows were extremely high energy, and filled with the joy Prince brought to all his performances. Emma enjoyed it all immensely, and found herself helping the crew with small organizational details, which made her feel useful rather than someone who was getting in the way.

'Babe, I don't want to leave you, but-' Emma began.

'Shhh, don't be stressing, mama. I'm going to see you in seven days. You're only missing one concert, and it's all good. I'm gonna miss you like crazy, but I know you have to get some things done in Atlanta before you are mine forever,' Prince replied.

He pulled her in for a hug and kiss in the hotel suite they had shared in New York for his two performances there.

'Besides, we'll be on the phone day and night. We can even FaceTime or Skype.'

'That's a big step up from just talking on the phone. You sure know how to spoil a girl!' Emma said.

'Mama, I just got started. Wait and see,' Prince stated with finality, pulling Emma into a hug and letting his hands roam without the possibility of discovery by the almost rabid New York paparazzi. They went down another back elevator to a waiting limo.

Once they reached the airport and shared a final tender goodbye kiss, Emma was taken to a check in area by Kirk.

'Kirk,' Emma said, as they waited in line, 'I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you've done the last couple of months. You've taken on a lot of tasks I'm used to doing myself, and it made me feel very spoiled.'

'Emma, I'm just doing my job. I've been taking care of Prince one way or another for years, and it's my privilege to include you in that job now. I've told you before, I've never seen him this happy. Maybe part of it is a result of him finally growing up, but I'm sure you are the main reason for that.'

'Well, you do an excellent job, and I'm so thankful you keep Prince safe. He is my world now, and I want to be with him for a long time.' Emma reached up and gave Kirk a hug and kiss on the cheek as they walked up to the gate agent. He smiled his thanks, and stood behind her as arrangements were confirmed, continuing his assignment of taking care of the woman Prince loved more than anything else.

After the gate agent read the information on the computer screen, she made sure Emma was personally escorted to a private lounge to wait for her flight. She still had a little anonymity, and was able to fly home incognito and unmolested. Of course, Prince insisted on pre-boarding and first class seating for his sweetheart.

The next day, Prince's iPad rang, which surprised him. His was new, too, and he'd never heard it ring. He opened the FaceTime app, and there was Emma's beautiful face.

'Prince Rogers Nelson, you are a mess!' Emma began, laughing while she spoke.

'Oops, what have I done this time?' Prince smirked in response.

'I just got off the phone with the event planner you recommended, and they told me you'd already called them and given them detailed plans for our wedding. I love your ideas! They do seem a little grand, but I trust that you know the place you've decided on better than I do. You havent even told me where were going yet, so I have to trust you. Do you have any idea how hard that is for a bride?' Emma huffed a deep breath, blowing her bangs up from her forehead as a result.

Prince laughed out loud. 'Mama, you know you can change anything you want. I just had a vision in my mind, and I knew these were the folks who could make it happen. Have you asked your preacher friend yet?'

'No, that's my next phone call, but I missed your face, and I hoped you'd be awake by this time of day.'

'I miss you more, I promise. Six more days, and you're right back here in my arms-'

Emma interrupted, ''Cause that's my only mission! I've been listening to that song non-stop since I got on the plane!'

'Ahh, once again were on the same page, mama. Now get busy and figure out what's coming to Minnesota. Oh, and pack a bathing suit when you come up. Something's come up for Labor Day weekend, and I want you with me.'

'Do I get to know what?' Emma asked, and bit her lower lip looking a little worried.

'Nothing bad, just something to help add to the coffers and be romantic all at the same time. It's a last minute thing, and no, I'm not telling you any more, except bring your passport. It will be worth the days you're giving up in Atlanta, I think. I hate to hang up, but I've gotta run. I'll touch base with you later. When we're really face to face, I'll touch more than base. More like a home run. Now, turn back around; don't try to hide that blush from me! You know I need to see at least one every day. Love you with all my heart, Emma.'

'Oh, me too, babe. I'm so thankful for you. Bye.'

As soon as Prince hung up, he continued with the list of tasks he had for his assistant, including contacting his favorite interior designer, real estate agent, and of course, Ray, his personal chef. There were loads of details to sort out before Emma got to Minneapolis, things he wanted to be able to share with her when he saw her next face to face, and a few surprises that he hoped she'd like.

He thought, 'This may be the favorite season of my life yet. God, I confess my doubts about your plans for me, and thank you so much for the gifts you keep putting in my path. Mostly, thank you again for Emma, and what she has come to mean to me. I think I'm finally going to know what it is to have a wife and partner in my life. Help me deserve her.'

August 28th, 2013

Prince sat in his SUV at the airport, tapping his fingers impatiently against one leg as he waited for a text to come from Emma, who flew in from Atlanta to see Minnesota for the first time. Seven days of FaceTime hadn't really helped. Seeing Emma without being able to touch her had been torture for Prince.

Finally his phone dinged, and he sent Kirk in to collect Emma's luggage and escort her to him. As the door opened and he saw Emma walk out, he jumped out of the car and held the door open for her.

'Hi, babe!' Emma glowed and grinned at him as she crossed the street to the parking garage.

'Hi yourself!' Prince replied, bouncing on his heels as he waited for her. The minute the doors closed, he swept her into an all-encompassing hug and kiss that seemed to go on forever. Emma had to stop kissing him to take a deep breath.

'Oh it's such a relief to see you in person! Phone calls and FaceTime are one thing, but you're so much more handsome in person.'

'Oh, mama, you are so right! I am more handsome in person!' Prince received a smack on the arm as a reward for his silliness.

He went on, 'No, really, I'm so glad to see and hold and touch you. I wish we had more time together, but I'm determined to make the most of what we have before you go back-for the last time-as someone other than Mrs. Nelson.'

'I can't wait to see Paisley Park. The pictures you've sent are interesting, but I don't feel like I have a real understanding of the place yet.'

'Well, that's where we're headed right now. We have about an hour drive to visit and cuddle before we get to Chanhassen.'

'Cuddling is my first priority,' Emma replied, snuggling into Prince's arms more tightly, inhaling deeply, pulling his distinctive scent back into her consciousness. The shirt she had smuggled back with her in her suitcase finally lost his distinctive, luscious scent, and sleeping was hard without it, or him, beside her.

'Kirk, use the side mirrors,' Prince growled, nibbling on Emma's ear.

Kirk belly laughed. 'Sure, P, anything you say.'

As the car pulled into the parking lot of Paisley Park, Emma's smile grew even bigger, recognizing Prince's place from the pictures he had sent. It was even larger than she realized, and that was a little overwhelming.

Prince opened the door and said, 'Welcome home, Emma.'

She took two steps in and stopped dead in her tracks right inside the front doors, stunned at the beauty surrounding her. She was craning her neck from side to side, looking at intricate patterns on the floor, beautiful murals on the walls, plush furnishings, and Prince's signature scent imbued within it all.

The light from the multiple skylights above their heads helped illuminate the area, and the murals of the sky and clouds along the second story walls created a truly peaceful atmosphere. Prince turned to her, looking at her quizzically with a small smile on his face as he watched her eyes widen and her smile go from ear to ear.

Emma said, 'What an amazing vision you had in your 20's to come up something this complex and complete! Every time I think I am getting a handle on how your brain works, I'm proved wrong, and this is no exception.'

Prince had the grace to look embarrassed at her praise. He replied,

'It's been evolving over the years, but yeah, I had a clear vision of how I wanted the spaces to work together when I worked with the architect. I'm thankful this became reality, because it is truly my haven. Come on, let me show you where we'll be living for now.'

They walked up to the second floor, past the quiet sounds of the doves, to the living quarters designed into the multi-functioning space he had built over 25 years before, although they had been updated frequently. There was a pair of stained glass doors that led to a sitting/living room, including a fireplace, a small kitchenette, and a hallway that led to a master bedroom and master bath.

Unsurprisingly, the main accent color used in decorating was Prince's signature shades of Purple, in very pleasing combinations. Emma was stunned to find the bedroom decorated in Teal and dull gold, and when she cocked an eyebrow at Prince, he almost blushed.

'I have to admit that I missed you, and so I thought if I created a space that reminded me of you it might help,' he sheepishly confirmed.

'What was the color scheme before?' Emma asked.

'Very purple. Very me. This reminds me more of you, and you do deserve some space here, now that you have taken over such a large part of my heart.' Emma blushed at Prince's endearing words, while Prince smirked and asked, 'Would you like to break in the new bed? It was delivered yesterday.'

Pulling him in for a consoling kiss, Emma said, 'Later. I have a dress to try on!'

'It's always about the clothes with you, isn't it!'

'Excuse me, but you are one to talk! You have closets for your closets.' Emma gave Prince a hug while tweaking his nose, making sure he knew she was kidding.

'True, I guess I can wait a little longer. Have you heard back from your minister friend?'

While Prince talked, both his and Emma's hands were touching each other as many places as they could. Seven days was too long to be separated for these two.

'Dillon's calling later today. He got in from Iraq last night. In addition to being the pastor of his church, he is part of a ministry to displaced Christians in the Middle East. I'm looking forward to catching up with him and his wife.'

Prince walked Emma to the wardrobe department, where she would meet with the designer who had been working with him for years. They walked in to find a mannequin under a sheet, and Cynthia, the designer, standing in front of it with crossed arms.

Cynthia drew her eyebrows together in a mock scowl at Prince and said:
'Go away, boss! You and I can talk when this is locked up where you can't see it.'

Prince laughed, kissed Emma soundly, and asked, 'Can you find your way back to the living quarters?'

'Yes, I'll be fine,' Emma replied, stroking along the front of his shirt to his waist.

'Oh, sugar, you are fine,' Prince quipped, giving an extra squeeze and pat on the bum, and then he was laughingly forcibly removed by Cynthia, who locked the door and pulled down the shades.

'That man will be the death of me!' Cynthia chuckled, as she turned Emma away from the mannequin. 'Let me get this set up so you get the full effect.'

Emma turned around and clapped her hands, smiling from ear to ear. 

'It's just what I envisioned!' She wiped tears away. 'You truly have a gift.'

'This was a joy to do, Cynthia replied. 'I love that man like my own son, ever since I began creating designs based on his ideas 20 years ago. I have been praying for a true wife for him for heaven knows how long. His face when he came to talk to me about you told me my prayers were answered. I'm thrilled for you both!'

After trying on a beautiful silk and lace creation of a wedding dress, and deciding to wear a mantilla made of lace she had purchased during their stay in Portugal, Emma's phone rang as she headed back into the living quarters. She was excited to see that her sister was calling. They'd been playing phone tag for weeks.

She sat down on an armchair in the living area and answered the call.

'Emma, have you lost your mind!'

Emma's sister Randee's voice came screeching over the phone.

'Have you been hypnotized or something? This doesn't seem like you at all!'

A/N-I have no idea what Paisley Park living quarters look like, but I can dream! Thanks for the votes and comments! Keep 'em coming! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 184 27
Its was a beautiful summer day in Chanhassen when O (+> was walking in the park not to far from Paisley. He was admiring the beauty of mother nature...
2.2K 173 7
It's hard to get over someone you really love. You could even try to love another, but the reality is..you will never stop loving the first person yo...
81.5K 4.3K 23
This story is part 2 of " Memories...Some Last a Lifetime". Can had fully recovered from his memory loss, flown to Switzerland to claim the love of...
68.8K 1.3K 50
Your best friends older brother, you shouldn't, but the feelings just won't go away. (18+ only, minors DNI. Warnings: graphic sexual content, impa...